Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insider - Flight 3 Phase 2 Feedback - Campaign

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. ...
  8. 14
Halo CE: still no original audio in the game as well as, when you spam shoot with a plasma pistol it makes the noise like when you overcharge it. Its kind of annoying because it is loud.
Replicate it by shooting with a plasma pistol in any level of campaign in Halo CE and you will hear it.
Glad someone else finally brought that up about the plasma pistol. Thanks, man! It also does it in MP as well. They really should just insert the original Halo CE audio for classic mode and MP.
Sorry, wrong forum. First time on here
  • MCC game: Halo 4, infinity
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: foliage pops in as you move closer. The trees and tree structures are all present, but as you walkforward, the foliage and vines and weird red plants, etc, suddenly pop in. I'm used to some pop in in general, and it doesn't generally bother me much, but thithis is suddenly jarring.
Same here, except I think it is unacceptable. I have an Xbox one ☓, this shouldn't be happening.
Why do you think were beta testing it?
MCC Game: Halo CEA
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: In the final cutscene of The Maw, multiple music tracks will overlap and "ruin the moment."
REPRO STEPS: Play The Maw from the start, on Legendary.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Issue probably occurs on other difficulties.

MCC Game: Halo CEA
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: On the mission, Truth and Reconcilliation, the music will start overlaping if you take too many speedrunning shortcuts.
REPRO STEPS: Take the camo, skip the fight that occurs inmediately after boarding the ship. You lure an enemy close to the locked door. The lured enemy opens the door, and you sneak through. This skip occurs before the hangar fight.
ADDITIONAL INFO: the same issue can occur on the Original XBOX version, but it would be nice if this issue were to be fixed.
G'Day

• MCC HALO GAME: H2, The Grat Journey, Legendary with Bandanna, Boom, Scarab & Sputnik.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: 1, Infinite ammo doesn't work with weapons running on a battery. 2, Black eye skull on map does not generate a name etc when you pick it up. 3, When entering final area that scarab travels, the RHS Wraith spawns inverted and explodes. 4, If you rush ahead to the aforementioned area and bail from your banshee, the scarab doesn't catch up, ever. Cannot get back to it so you cannot complete the mission.
  • REPRO STEPS: 1, N/A. 2, N/A. 3 & 4 Fly ahead of the scarab and skip the fighting, will see both issues.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: N/A
Thanks for your time and GG on doing this update,
G'Day

• MCC HALO GAME: H2, The Grat Journey, Legendary with Bandanna, Boom, Scarab & Sputnik.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: 1, Infinite ammo doesn't work with weapons running on a battery. 2, Black eye skull on map does not generate a name etc when you pick it up. 3, When entering final area that scarab travels, the RHS Wraith spawns inverted and explodes. 4, If you rush ahead to the aforementioned area and bail from your banshee, the scarab doesn't catch up, ever. Cannot get back to it so you cannot complete the mission.
  • REPRO STEPS: 1, N/A. 2, N/A. 3 & 4 Fly ahead of the scarab and skip the fighting, will see both issues.
I was curious... How did you get the Bandanna skull? I thought Bandanna carried over from CE. I pick up a skull in CE and it says I unlocked it but it doesn't show up on the main menu. I've unlocked 4 or 5 and none of them show up in the main menu.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2A
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The beam rifle in Halo 2A, when we overheat it, the plasma won't show.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=B6711BF35C436CD5&id=B6711BF35C436CD5%21113534&parId=B6711BF35C436CD5%21105&o=OneUp
Well I would love to give feedback but... Even though I got the emails confirming I was in the program and another saking when I was going to be playing MP. I NEVER got the update in my insider app. Seems the program is just as broken as the game.
Viper TT wrote:
Well I would love to give feedback but... Even though I got the emails confirming I was in the program and another saking when I was going to be playing MP. I NEVER got the update in my insider app. Seems the program is just as broken as the game.
From what I understand (according to the troubleshooting guide) you may need to hard reset your console to get the thing to show up in the insider app. Why? Beats me.
MCC Game: Halo 2 (Mission: Metropolis)

Bug: When boarding a Wraith and attempting to melee it to destroy it, you are not able to damage the Wraith or destroy it. I have only tested this on the mission "Metropolis", but I suspect it is an issue throughout the game. I have not tried using grenades while boarding yet. I have tried this multiple times and had the same result and have even noticed that, while boarded, any Ally (marine in warthog turret for example) that is shooting the Wraith deals damage to the player that is boarding when they are not in the line of fire. (Can't remember if that was in the OG game or not.)

Repro: To replicate this bug, simply play through the mission "Metropolis" in Halo 2 until the part right before the Pelican drops off the Scorpion tank to fight the Scarab. Then board one of the Wraiths WITHOUT any grenades on you. After that, hit the melee button repeatedly.

Other Resources: Here are two captures showcasing the bugs I discussed above. Video 1 shows how meleeing while boarded does no damage to Wraiths and Video 2 shows my second attempt at the bug and how damage to the Wraith also damages the player.

Video 1: https://youtu.be/PppWQpIluYQ

Video 2: https://youtu.be/5RM1T9ip9fM
I have played all the halo campaigns except for Halo CE on the insider program and here are a few things I noticed:
  • Halo 3 looked great and the hit detection felt much improved
  • Halo 4 looked great as well
  • Halo 2 anniversary seemed to have very drastic frame rate drops especially when there was a lot of enemies on screen and when you were close to them. The performance seemed worse than the retail version of the mcc. Halo 2 classic felt solid but with some visible drops when enemies were close to you and when you are firing your gun
KFCfryer wrote:
I am currently playing Halo 2 classic on a friend's Xbox One. I have been trying out the MCC insider program on my own Xbox One at home. Something I have noticed in the past is while playing Halo 2 with classic visuals, the cutscenes with elites have a small bug. Half-Jaw and other elite characters' mandibles seem to be locked in a crooked/open animation. It's very noticeable and just looks silly. I will have to check this out on the MCC insider version, since I am currently playing the retail version on a friend's console. Just figured I would bring it up. Thanks!
Tried it on the insider program, and this glitch is still prevalent in cinematics with elite characters like half-jaw.
BadDogg55 wrote:
G'Day

I was curious... How did you get the Bandanna skull? I thought Bandanna carried over from CE. I pick up a skull in CE and it says I unlocked it but it doesn't show up on the main menu. I've unlocked 4 or 5 and none of them show up in the main menu.
Hey Bulldog.
All of mine are available from the menu. Didn't have to unlock any..

I'll look and see if it's different on my second account.
BadDogg55 wrote:
G'Day

Hey Bulldog.

Wow... I've been playing CE and H2 insider and can't get any of the skulls to show up in the main menu. It's says I unlocked them when I pick them up, then go to the main menu and it says 0 skulls.
In my retail version I have all the skulls but insider version, no banana... lol
BadDogg55 wrote:
BadDogg55 wrote:
G'Day

Hey Bulldog.

Wow... I've been playing CE and H2 insider and can't get any of the skulls to show up in the main menu. It's says I unlocked them when I pick them up, then go to the main menu and it says 0 skulls.
In my retail version I have all the skulls but insider version, no banana... lol
Do you have a screenshot of what this looks like? Does it show the skull icons at all? Could be a bug. Everything should be unlocked. I would get a screenshot, report the issue, then try reinstalling the build to see if that solves the problem (try uninstall, hard reset, reinstall).
Game: Halo CE
Mission: 343 guilty spark
Bug: right after the first flood cutscene, if the player swaps from classic to new graphics right as the flood first break into the room, the music doesn’t come on and weapon firing noises stop. Reloading the checkpoint fixes the issue
steps to reproduce: switch from classic to modern graphics and back just as the first flood baddies come into the room.
BadDogg55 wrote:
BadDogg55 wrote:
G'Day

Hey Bulldog.

Do you have a screenshot of what this looks like? Does it show the skull icons at all? Could be a bug. Everything should be unlocked. I would get a screenshot, report the issue, then try reinstalling the build to see if that solves the problem (try uninstall, hard reset, reinstall).
Well actually, I'm an idiot...lol. I was looking at the icon that tells how many skulls you have turned on. It wasn't going up as I was collecting skulls... I guess I need to pay a little more attention. My Bad...
MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Anniversary

ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Lighting issues, Tartarus dialogue issue on quarantine zone and ally elites that are supposed to be duel wielding are not at all what so ever.

HALO 2 ANNIVERSARY LIGHTING ISSUE: Certain levels across Halo 2 Anniversary such as The Arbiter, The Oracle, Sacred Icon, Quarantine Zone and High Charity the lighting can be too darn dark to the point where you just can't see anything at all and the lighting goes off at times with it looking brighter then darker. I'm not sure of this is from the graphics engine for Halo 2 anniversary but it needs to be addressed and fixed for sure.

TARTARUS DIALOGUE ISSUE: On the level Quarantine Zone close to the end of the level when you are riding the gondola into the library during the cut scene Tartarus is talking to the Arbiter and he says "I see that coward didn't join you. I'll do what I can to keep the flood off your back." That's fine and all but when the cut scene ends and the (SHOOTING GALLERY) text appears in the bottom right of the screen he usually is supposed to say "We cannot let the humans capture the icon. The hierarchs don't do kindly on failure." For some reason after the cut scene ends the game cuts off some of that dialogue and he only will say "The hierarchs don't do kindly on failure." Please look into this.

ALLY/ENEMY ELITE DUEL WIELDING ISSUE: There are certain parts in Halo 2 Anniversary where there are supposed to be elites duel wielding plasma rifles or needlers. Wether it's ally elites when you play as the arbiter or enemy elites when you play as master chief they don't duel wield any more whatsoever for some reason and have only one gun. I went back to my original x box copy of halo 2 to double check for sure and I was able to verify that there are many places in Halo 2 Anniversaries campaign that has taken out duel wielding elites. This needs to be addressed and fixed for the final update. If the developers need video clips or footage I have it available for their request.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 4
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: There is a problem with the graphics in the background during the very last cutscene of the level Reclaimer, textures don't load nor lighting.
  • REPRO STEPS: You just have to finish the mission.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: https://imgur.com/gallery/rvffpqR (Screenshot)
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 4
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Textures that weren't up close weren't displaying properly until zoomed or close in the mission Reclaimer
  • REPRO STEPS: Unsure
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Was playing co-op online, not host. Other player didn't have issues. Not sure if relevant.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. ...
  8. 14