Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insider - Flight 3 Phase 2 Feedback - Campaign

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 14
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo: CE Anniversary - Whole Campaign
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: It seems real-time lighting/light baking is non-existent. Gathered from the posts above, and doing some research, any illumination from a single spot, eg, the Sun, will penetrate any object, being walls, trees, vehicles or structures, and will cast on surfaces that are supposedly hidden from light. When entering playable draw distance, all surfaces seem to be illuminated at the same brightness, objects do not cast shadows
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Comparison pics between retail MCC and Insider MCC - https://imgur.com/a/J1GSDKs
Edit 1: Initially thought it was off playing Pillar Of Autumn, the maintenance hallways seemed too lit up without the flashlight on, but not too noticeable. On Halo, it every surface was noticeably brighter. Jumped to Silent Cartographer, right off the bat, the entire beach assault doesn't look as it should. It takes place in the shadow of the cliff wall and the ground is just too bright.

Edit 2: Skipped to Maw. Lighting issue still there. Noticed it also affects cutscenes.

FOR ANYONE WANTING TO REPORT POP-IN LIGHTING, I WANT TO ITERATE THAT THIS INCLUDES POP-IN LIGHTING OR DRASTIC LIGHT CHANGES WITHIN STRUCTURES. REASON BEING, OBJECTS SUCH AS STRUCTURES OR VEHICLES DO NOT CAST SHADOWS ON OTHER OBJECTS OR THEMSELVES. NO NEED TO KEEP ADDING TO THIS THREAD ABOUT THE SAME ISSUE.
I don't know if this is a known issue:
  • Cinematics (All Halos, specially Halo 2 Anniversary)
  • ISSUE: The subtitles are out of sync.
  • Console: Xbox One
  • Settings: English (audio) and Spanish (Mx) subtitles.
  • MCC game: Halo CE
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: After each mission you have finished it will go to the pause menu at the intro for the next level, and then you have to un pause it each time.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Brightness slider doesn’t seem to change the brightness
  • REPRO STEPS: Open up Halo 3 on any campaign mission and then go to the settings. Try and slide the slider around and the brightness stays the same.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I was attempting this on Tsavo Highway right after I leave the bunker in the beginning. I was in a warthog in a sunlit area, and the intensity of the lighting didn’t seem to get brighter or darker depending on which way I slid the slider.
  • MCC HALO GAME: all
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: there needs to be volume control for ingame as you can not hear the talking of the characters, as the music is so loud.
Halo ce anniversary graphics.

Seems to be any time we move in/out of forerunner structure, or hallways, lighting suddenly switches. I played the entire campaign and noticed it in many levels. Pillar ofautumn, silent cartographer, assault on the control room, 2 betrayals. Seemed to be a general issue, so posting it generality.

Running through each halo game, I play them constantly so I notice the weirdest things.

Halo game :halo ce anniversary graphics. The Maw

Issue:when going up the elevator after destroying the 4 shield generator things, if you look at the wall at a specific angle as it goes up, there is a weird geometrical line as if the graphics dont fully merge?
I recorded it but cant view it as I forgot to uploload it to DVR drive. I will upload and paste the link when able to game next, which will possibly not he until saturday
HDR: I have issues with the hdr implementation and how the hdr sliders function.

At first glance i thought it looked great, with very bright highlights that make the most of a high nit output, but the more i played, the more i noticed there is no real contrast due to raised black levels.

Using the hdr sliders to correct this is not possible: Reducing the contrast slider improves black levels, but frustratingly it also dims the bright highlights. The bright levels can be increased by increasing paper white, but this just raises the black levels again, and the bright areas are still too dim.

Ultimately whatever you do results in an image which is washed out and lacks the punchy contrast you would expect from a good hdr presentation.

This is most noticeable on the second stage of Halo 2A: When reaching the Zanzibar hotel you enter a dark corridor; this corridor should be very dark, but in hdr it is super bright and switching to classic graphics, where you should have deep blacks representing the deep shadows in the corridor, you instead get greyed out blacks and it looks simply awful. As i stated before, you can correct the blacks by decreasing the contrasr slider, but it also dims the bright levels, which again ruins the hdr impact.

I really want 343 to implement a simpler hdr calibration: Two hdr sliders, one that allows the setting of the black point, and a second for the white point, with reference images (e.g make this symbol barely visible etc...) Look at Gears 4, Forza 7, Destiny 2 and Resident evil 7 as great examples of easy to use hdr calibrators that provide excellent results.

I'm testing this on a Panasonic dx902. It produces 1300+ nits of brightness, has 512 local dimming zones and can produce deep inky blacks. The tv has been professionally calibrated for sdr and hdr content.

Many thanks for reading.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo CE
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Plasma pistol overcharge sound can erroneously play
  • REPRO STEPS: Fire a plasma pistol as fast as possible, but without charging. This occurs in the retail MCC build.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Errant pixels on the HUD
  • REPRO STEPS: Two different instances. One is when you have 7 or less bars of health - there's a pixel in the upper right corner of where the 8th bar would be. Second is when you get the prompt "Press X to pick up (needler image)" - upper right corner of the little needler icon.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Warthog noises were too quiet in The Silent Cartographer.
  • REPRO STEPS: Happens when you enter the first hog. After my friend and I had left the hog, picked up some stuff, and got into two different ones, the sound went back to proper volume. I don't think doing all of that is necessary to "fix" it, however.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Cortana has wrong colours (mostly green with orange eyes) in ending AotCR/beginning Two Betrayals cutscene on classic graphics.
  • REPRO STEPS: Watch the particular cutscenes.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Muted gun sounds in 343 Guilty Spark after the Jenkins video cutscene.
  • REPRO STEPS: After the cutscene, all of your weapons will make no sounds until you leave the room. Unsure if it's like that if you were to skip the cutscene entirely. This occurs in the retail MCC build.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Rockets are very slightly off-centre (to the right) when fired.
  • REPRO STEPS: Fire a rocket. Most easily noticeable when firing one upwards, switching to a sniper rifle, and zooming in. I remember first seeing this issue on halobugs.com, and confirmed it on both retail MCC build and this insider build.
I've been playing online co-op with a friend, both on an original Xbox One console. He's noticed most of these bugs as well, but I didn't check with him to verify all of them.
ISSUE - Halo 2 Anniversary Campaign
The viewmodels for first-person weapons don't move when looking up and down in anniversary graphics. Oddly enough this functions fine in classic graphics.

REPRO STEPS:
Load into any campaign mission on anniversary graphics, get a weapon, then look up and down. Switching to classic graphics will show what isn't animating on anniversary graphics.

ADDITIONAL INFO:
This bug isn't present on retail MCC.
Not sure if this is a thing yet as I'm not part of the flights unfortunately (for reasons), but we need Terminals that play their video within the game rather than taking us to a separate app in which we have to wait for a video to buffer. I've noticed most players don't even know what's going on and close the app immediately to return to the game out of sheer panic.

Also, have they fixed the Default Recon controls for Halo 3 and 4 so that flying the Hornet or Jetpack isn't incredibly awkward?
Also, this one may be a little too much of a change, but I'm still in hope it gets fixed. The Halo CE Anniversary lighting in just about every level is waaay too bright. It utterly destroys the mood/atmosphere the levels are going for, not to mention rendering both the Flashlight and Night Vision completely useless.
This was noted as a known issue in the latest update
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2A
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Just sort of a general note, my audio balance seems wayyyy off, The music is super loud but its difficult to hear anyone. Cutscenes can be bad, but gameplay is really tough to hear sometimes. Currently playing High Charity and in anniversary mode you basically cant hear Cortana/Truth/Gravemind over the music, its better in classic but classic mode just sounds significantly quieter than anniversary mode all around.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Anniversary
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The sounds of the Scorpion cannon and machine gun are either not playing, or are very very quiet. This is only in anniversary mode that it is very apparent, but it has happened in classic as well.
  • REPRO STEPS: This bug seems to happen at random. It's not able to be consistently reproduced as far as I can tell.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Linked is a game clip of this bug happening. Notice that you only hear explosions from the shot impacting, not the cannon itself. It can be hard to notice, but it's there- or more accurately, it isn't.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ah2tgxB-HMIwgTnaeJEYLNLDFzQc
Biig Me wrote:
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2A
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Just sort of a general note, my audio balance seems wayyyy off, The music is super loud but its difficult to hear anyone. Cutscenes can be bad, but gameplay is really tough to hear sometimes. Currently playing High Charity and in anniversary mode you basically cant hear Cortana/Truth/Gravemind over the music, its better in classic but classic mode just sounds significantly quieter than anniversary mode all around.
I thought it was just me having this issue. Some sound balances are way off, like in anniversary you cannot hear the scorpion's cannon or machine gun firing. You can hear shots impacting but not the actual weapon itself firing.
Dannyb38 wrote:
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Anniversary
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The sounds of the Scorpion cannon and machine gun are either not playing, or are very very quiet. This is only in anniversary mode that it is very apparent, but it has happened in classic as well.
  • REPRO STEPS: This bug seems to happen at random. It's not able to be consistently reproduced as far as I can tell.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Linked is a game clip of this bug happening. Notice that you only hear explosions from the shot impacting, not the cannon itself. It can be hard to notice, but it's there- or more accurately, it isn't.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ah2tgxB-HMIwgTnaeJEYLNLDFzQc
When it happens try to report it with video clip on your Xbox. Hold down the Xbox icon like you are going to turn off your Xbox. But instead choose report a problem. This will provide them logs of data and make it easier for them to troubleshoot.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/xbox-insider-hub-report-a-problem
  • MCC Game: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary
  • Issue: The anniversary Soundtrack changes to the original soundtrack when you die
  • Retro specs: to recreate this bug simply die with the soundtrack set to the anniversary soundtrack.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Really simple issue for me, the jumping is a little wacky. I remember this lofty jump from the first CE remaster and see it made an appearance again. If the jump is going to be so lofty I think the movement should at least be a little faster. It feels like gravity is not working.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The music for Halo 2 Classic is really quiet, even I turn up the volume on my headphones and using the in-game settings. The music for Anniversary is fine though.
  • REPRO STEPS: None
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: None
The dropped plasma rifle interaction with the decortive portion between wall segments in the first level 'pillar of autumn' results in the rifle spinning in place. I have a recording of it if necessary but just tossing grenades should be able to replicate the result if a rifle in on the ground and ends up landing between wall segments.
GAME. ODST
Issue: The Campaign is locked? It shows installed on the Custom Installation screen but has a Pad Lock Icon.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 14