Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insider - Flight 3 Phase 2 Feedback - Campaign

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 14
MCC CEA: Mission 2 Halo, a minor visual glitch when driving the Warthog I the underground tunnel if you look at the shadows of the pillars you notice the tips of the shadows start to shake while driving and stop when the Warthog stops.
MCC CEA: Mission 2 Halo, the part where you must activate the light bridge to continue if you put the Warthog on the ramp to assist killing the Major Elite after the activation cut scene if you instead decide to go off the side and around back to the Warthog if you attempt to jump pass the Warthog Gunner he may look in your direction and the turret of the Warthog will clip you through a the wall beside you sending you to your death.
That's an issue with the original Halo Combat Evolved programming. Nothing can be done there.
MCC CEA: Mission 2 Halo, the part where you must activate the light bridge to continue if you put the Warthog on the ramp to assist killing the Major Elite after the activation cut scene if you instead decide to go off the side and around back to the Warthog if you attempt to jump pass the Warthog Gunner he may look in your direction and the turret of the Warthog will clip you through a the wall beside you sending you to your death.
That's an issue with the original Halo Combat Evolved programming. Nothing can be done there.
Intriguing never experienced it before
MCC CEA: Mission 3 Truth and Reconciliation, after boarding the ship and clearing the large room where you have to unlock the door to let the Marines in I was finishing off the last few Grunts and stuck one with a Plasma grenade, however it didn't explode although it killed the Grunt no visual explosion happened on my screen, odd because whenever I throw a plasma grenade without it sticking to an enemy it explodes as expected.
Here are some issues I’ve seen with the campaigns in MCC insider currently:

Halo CE campaign: 343 Guilty Spark beginning cutscene won’t let me skip, play the mission from the beginning to see this. Sheilds take longer to recharge on easy (this may have been) just take some damage then wait for your shield to recharge to see this. FFW letters in Jenkins cutscene in 343 Guilty Spark were fused with arrows once, just get to the part of the mission with this cut scene to see this. In the beginning of The Pillar of Autumn in the hallway after jumping over the tubes, after the explosion in the right wall of the hall the fiery pieces of metal are gone and only the fires are visible, play through the beginning of this mission to see this. The headless Spartan bug in the beginning in The Pillar of Autumn is still there, just have two people playing the mission preferably, and turn around and touch one of the cryo-stasis chambers at the very start and sometimes, especially after switching to classic setting from modern setting, you will see a headless Spartan in the chamber. Some bright objects in cutscenes flicker, an example would be in the beginning cut scene of the final mission, just view it to see the brighter objects flicker.
Halo 3 campaign: Lighting bug involving certain things (especially snow in Halo mission) turning black seems better but is still there, just jump on some snow in the beginning of Halo and you’ll see this.
Halo 2 campaign: Terminal in jail cell in The Great Journey can’t be used, try to use it in the mission and you’ll see this. Going camo in Anniversary setting is instant and choppy while classic’s is smooth, just play an arbiter mission and go camo twice, comparing it in classic versus Anniversary, and you’ll see this. The brute on flipped wraith on beach in The Great Journey won’t attack you, just get to the part of the mission where you’re supposed to use a banshee to fly into the forerunner structure, but instead head to the beach below, and go by the flipped wraith, no matter what you do to the brute on it, he won’t attack you. Explosion FX from fuel rod cannon in banshees on wraiths on beach in The Great Journey don’t appear to be visible, just fire a fuel rod at a wraith on the beach and the explosion shouldn’t be seen. On Anniversary setting, I couldn’t skip cutscene with Maranda jumping on platforms to grab index in The Great Journey after having beat Tartarus, view the cut scene to see this. Creepy Cortana bug in ending cutscene for campaign is still there, just go view the cut scene and wait till the part where Cortana talks with the grave mind, and switch from classic to anniversary repeatedly and you should see this. Bright objects in classic flicker, just view a cut scene with bright objects on classic setting to see this. Beginning quickstart campaign anniversary cutscene with Locke’s subtitles are unaligned with dialogue, view it to see this. If you go forward then reverse then go forward again with a scorpion in anniversary setting the treads still go backwards when exposed. In the beginning cutscene in Sacred Icon in anniversary setting the phantom that’s shown flying is flying backwards, view this cut scene to see this. Exploding ghosts don’t spaz into the air before exploding after having been destroyed, just destroy a ghost to see this.
Halo 4 campaign: One of the walls in the ship is green in Dawn, to see this, after having survived the two phantoms finding you in the control room, in the next section that you can view the outside through a window, the one with the two grunts and an elite, head to the right down the stairs and turn around to the wall facing behind you, it will be green. Water doesn’t ripple when touched only splash FX occur, just shoot or step on water and you’ll see this. The Johnson Easter egg doesn’t spawn in Johnson, just do the Easter egg and you’ll notice the final wave of Spartans with Johnson don’t spawn.
Halo combat evolved in the truth and reconciliation the panel to open cell prompt does not show up
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: On the first level, when going through the caves, the players gun sort of just lights up like a golden color even though there's no light in the cave to give off such an effect
  • REPRO STEPS: walking through and past parts of the cave make it come and go
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: On the first level when going through the caves, the players gun will light up like a golden color, even though the cave is dark and there's nothing inside to give off such a lighting effect
  • REPRO STEPS: Walking through certain parts of the cave will make it appear or disappear
stckrboy wrote:
ColonelFatass - please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
Not to mention this is wishlist material, not feedback:
MCC HALO GAME: All
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Another request, but can we get FOV sliders as well as centered crosshairs please?
That's actually a feature request as it doesn't exist in the game.

This is a bug thread. Please post only bugs.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Marines arms were a long paper white texture
  • REPRO STEPS: Looked at every angle and wasn't due to lighting, both arms were just pure white (not skin tone white to clarify )
  • MCC HALO GAME: H3:ODST
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: No Firefight or Firefight matchmaking
  • REPRO STEPS: NA
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: PLEASE add ODST Firefight with matchmaking to the MCC
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo Reach
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: It's not there
  • REPRO STEPS: NA
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: PLEASE add Halo Reach campaign and multiplayer to the MCC
1. Don't post multiple times in a row. You can go back and edit your last post to add more info.

2. These are wishlist things and not at all bugs. Leave your wishlist requests in the appropriate thread.

Thanks.
Please bring back H2c doubles that playlist was amazing.
  • MCC GAME: Halo: CE Anniversary
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Weapon sounds cut out on the level "343 Guilty Spark" after the Jenkins cutscene while first fighting the Flood. Seems to only happen in this one room. See clip for footage of the bug.
  • REPRO STEPS: Play the level "343 Guilty Spark" and fire your weapon while in different sections of the room. Difficulty and graphical settings do not seem to cause the bug.
Here are some issues I’ve seen with the campaigns in MCC insider currently:

Halo CE campaign: 343 Guilty Spark beginning cutscene won’t let me skip, play the mission from the beginning to see this. Sheilds take longer to recharge on easy (this may have been) just take some damage then wait for your shield to recharge to see this. FFW letters in Jenkins cutscene in 343 Guilty Spark were fused with arrows once, just get to the part of the mission with this cut scene to see this. In the beginning of The Pillar of Autumn in the hallway after jumping over the tubes, after the explosion in the right wall of the hall the fiery pieces of metal are gone and only the fires are visible, play through the beginning of this mission to see this. The headless Spartan bug in the beginning in The Pillar of Autumn is still there, just have two people playing the mission preferably, and turn around and touch one of the cryo-stasis chambers at the very start and sometimes, especially after switching to classic setting from modern setting, you will see a headless Spartan in the chamber. Some bright objects in cutscenes flicker, an example would be in the beginning cut scene of the final mission, just view it to see the brighter objects flicker.
Halo 3 campaign: Lighting bug involving certain things (especially snow in Halo mission) turning black seems better but is still there, just jump on some snow in the beginning of Halo and you’ll see this.
Halo 2 campaign: Terminal in jail cell in The Great Journey can’t be used, try to use it in the mission and you’ll see this. Going camo in Anniversary setting is instant and choppy while classic’s is smooth, just play an arbiter mission and go camo twice, comparing it in classic versus Anniversary, and you’ll see this. The brute on flipped wraith on beach in The Great Journey won’t attack you, just get to the part of the mission where you’re supposed to use a banshee to fly into the forerunner structure, but instead head to the beach below, and go by the flipped wraith, no matter what you do to the brute on it, he won’t attack you. Explosion FX from fuel rod cannon in banshees on wraiths on beach in The Great Journey don’t appear to be visible, just fire a fuel rod at a wraith on the beach and the explosion shouldn’t be seen. On Anniversary setting, I couldn’t skip cutscene with Maranda jumping on platforms to grab index in The Great Journey after having beat Tartarus, view the cut scene to see this. Creepy Cortana bug in ending cutscene for campaign is still there, just go view the cut scene and wait till the part where Cortana talks with the grave mind, and switch from classic to anniversary repeatedly and you should see this. Bright objects in classic flicker, just view a cut scene with bright objects on classic setting to see this. Beginning quickstart campaign anniversary cutscene with Locke’s subtitles are unaligned with dialogue, view it to see this. If you go forward then reverse then go forward again with a scorpion in anniversary setting the treads still go backwards when exposed. In the beginning cutscene in Sacred Icon in anniversary setting the phantom that’s shown flying is flying backwards, view this cut scene to see this. Exploding ghosts don’t spaz into the air before exploding after having been destroyed, just destroy a ghost to see this.
Halo 4 campaign: One of the walls in the ship is green in Dawn, to see this, after having survived the two phantoms finding you in the control room, in the next section that you can view the outside through a window, the one with the two grunts and an elite, head to the right down the stairs and turn around to the wall facing behind you, it will be green. Water doesn’t ripple when touched only splash FX occur, just shoot or step on water and you’ll see this. The Johnson Easter egg doesn’t spawn in Johnson, just do the Easter egg and you’ll notice the final wave of Spartans with Johnson don’t spawn.
I had a similar issue with not being able to skip a scene during another mission while playing Halo CE but after a little trial and error I found the correct button to hit. To skip cutscenes in Halo CE just press Y.
Please bring back H2c doubles that playlist was amazing.
This forum is for MCC Insider Campaign feedback only. Your post would be better suited on the Multiplayer feedback forum or on the Wishlist forum.
I noticed an issue after I save and quit any mission on any Halo game. The menu will show that I have completed them all when in reality I've only just finished one mission. I did complete all the campaigns before the MCC went into phase 2 so maybe its just recognizing that but when I updated for the phase 2 build it showed them all as incomplete. It can be any mission even if you finish it or not and it will change from 0/10 to 10/10.
I'm currently running the latest version (1.500) on an Xbox One X at 1080p off the internal HDD.

MCC HALO GAME: Halo CE/1
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: When exiting pause screen controls lag for a second or two after

REPRO STEPS: Repeated many times on multiple levels using the Anniversary graphics. 

MCC HALO GAME: Halo 1 anniversary graphics
ISSUE: The game will hardlock when bringing up the Xbox System menu by holding down the Guide Button on the levels AotCR and Two Betrayals
REPRO STEPS:
(I've reproduced this issue at least five times now but it hardlocks the console and forces me to hard reset it, so I'm not really interested in repeating it anymore.)
To repeat the bug simply get to the final area in AotCR or the first area on the Two Betrayals, the area with the banshees, wraith, bridge over the level and waterfall in the back, and hold down the guide button so the menu that goes TURN OFF CONSOLE/ TURN OFF CONTROLLER/ REPORT PROBLEM pops up.
Now I've been able to replicate this bug pretty much anywhere in that zone (just did it for the sixth time while typing this), but on occasion the guide will pop up without issue.

MCC HALO GAME: Halo 1 Anniversary graphics
ISSUE: In the final area of AotCR (the area I mention above) it appears that the fog effect isn't displaying correctly when you look straight up at the sky. This is in the Anniversary graphics and NOT the issue with the classic graphics.
REPRO STEPS: Just look up. I can't report the problem via the Xbox report function though because it keeps freezing when I try.

MCC HALO GAME: Halo 1 Anniversary graphics
ISSUE: Z fighting during The Maw intro/outro.
In both the start and end cutscene there's a ton of very distracting Z-fighting going on in the background of the shots featuring The Pillar of Autumn.

MCC HALO GAME: Halo 1 Anniversary
ISSUE: SystemHard lock. Left paused too long on assault on the control room. I went to have dinner and when I came back the system had frozen and had to be reset. This was in a different area of AotCR than my previous issues.
REPRO STEPS: I've only managed to reproduce this once by leaving the game paused for half an hour. Every other time it seems to respond fine, although with a three or four second delay when I unpause it.

MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Anniversary
ISSUE: When using invisibility cloak parts of weapons remain visible.
The handle of the brute shot, the shells inside the shot gun, the lights on the sentinel beam, and a few other weapons don't cloak properly.
REPRO STEPS: Cloak while holding one of the above weapons.

MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Anniversary
ISSUE: Minor graphics bugs. There's a bush floating in the lake on the level Delta Halo and none of the seaweed in the under water sections of the level Regret are attached to anything. They just float a few inches above the level geometry.

MCC HALO GAME: Halo 1 Classic /Halo 2 Classic / Halo 3 / Halo 4
ISSUE: Texture filtering appears to be completely disabled in the classic graphics on Halo 1 and 2, as well as being disabled or of low quality for Halo 3 and 4. The original MCC release didn't have texture filtering either, but playing on an Xbox One X forces 16 x anisotropic filtering currently and it makes a huge difference.
Surely it's an oversight that the classic graphics run with worse texture filtering than the Anniversary graphics settings?
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 / H2A
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The Cairo mission, where Johnson put his turret in front of the door, it's especially difficult to take it
  • REPRO STEPS: You have to be on the bottom-left behind it to see the action message
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 / H2A
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The Cairo mission, where Johnson put his turret in front of the door, it's especially difficult to take it
  • REPRO STEPS: You have to be on the bottom-left behind it to see the action message
I noticed this, too. In fact, I found it impossible to man the gun but I wasn't sure if it was a bug or not as it was always a bit difficult to do before. But seeing as how using the turret is my go to strategy for that section it was strange that I couldn't get it to activate at all.
  • MCC Halo Game: All
  • Feedback: So far haven't run into any game breaking bugs. Only bug I've seem to run into occasionally is when I leave a halo game regardless which one, I'll be put into a Halo CE menu. Other than that seems great so far, HDR makes the game look great!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 14