Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insider - Flight 3 Phase 2 Feedback - MP

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. ...
  9. 40
zMagni wrote:
zMagni wrote:
Third day straight of not finding a game in either playlist. Searching for players... for 10+ minutes each time.
Annnd fourth straight day. Really?
Where are you located, what is the best ping displayed on your networking tab in settings in the game menu? Also, what times are you searching?
Postums, I was wondering if there were any updates on what could be causing the twitchy aim in the MCC on both retail and insider all of a sudden? Totally understand if you do not have an answer for us right now, or have not yet had time to look into it yet. If you don't believe that something is wrong I will be more than happy to post my own clips, as well as twitch clips from some of the halo pros playing the game this week where their aim twitches randomly.
Why haven't you guys just gone back to the basics:
Bring back clans with the hierarchy system.
Each Halo. Halo 1,2,3,4 2a get there own playlists.
Those playlists are:
Head to Head
Rumble Pit
Doubles
Team Skirmish
Team Slayer
Big Team Battle
Minor Clan Match
Major Clan Match
Have them all ranked with the classic 1-50 ranking system. Make level 50 unobtainable like in the old days.
I don't play the other Halos competitively on multiplayer. All I want to play is Halo 2 online just like the old days. That's it.

Side notes:
Bring back proximity chat for h2.
Bring back clans and clan matches.
Use the 1-50 ranking system for all competitive playlists.
Get rid of brx and bxb for Halo 2. (Ruined the game at the end.)
Still have voting system to choose maps.
Keep social unranked playlists for those that want them

This is my feedback for the MCC Insider which I am already disappointed in. The book has already been written just read it. When Halo 2 online came out it changed the world. And no video game since has been able to capture that experience. Clans + Ranking system and legit playlists. Thank you.
Do you have any idea how diluted the population would be if there were playlist for each game? 8 playlist for each game would result in 32 playlists for a game that already doesn't have that high of a population.
  • MCC HALO GAME: All
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Shield strength and health are still issues. I shot at an opponent with a battle rifle, 8 hits and he was still moving. But I seem to get shot 2-3 times and die, sometimes. This was in Halo 3 on The Pit. I also have similar problems in Halo 2 classic MP but i think that has to do with the terrible lag issues, which are not present in Halo 3. Some games are better than others there tends to be a good 1-2 second delay between a kill and it actually occurring on screen. Therefore the enemy still gets shots in. There is also a lot of jumping around the map due to the same reason. Connectivity issues are real.
Relating to every Halo Game in Multiplayer:

I truly like the new menu system and settings options. They look beautiful, less cluttered, and allow for more customization (settings). I also love the removal of the match voting system. I can now play every game at random and this increases my chances of playing what I want, not just Halo 3. All of this is amazing.

Future Feedback:

I do think that it would be good to include player counts with the different playlists, perhaps not for this testing, but at least for the main release. While I do recognize that it has drawbacks towards the game in some ways, such as a dying game looking even more dead (should it ever come to that), it does help players with wait times, and allows us to see what we are going to get into, rather than waiting wasting time for matches we are not going to get. Anyway, just my opinion.

Thanks for this experience! Keep up the awesome job you're doing!
Ranked matchmaking works great right now. I'd suggest adding 5 playlists, one for each game so all games can be tested well.

Halo 3's hit detection is definitely different from the original on 360, but it can be adjusted to. It's just as different for everyone else, outside of connection differences. However, distance seems to make a lot less of a difference in how much you need to lead shots. On 360, the closer you are, the less you need to lead, which make sense. On MCC, you need to still lead about a full reticle 's worth at distances barely outside of melee range. If MCC's Halo 3 were to scale the need to lead projectiles more like 360's Halo 3 did, I think a lot less people would complain about the game being "broken" or whichever word they use.
  • MCC Halo Game: Halo 3 Team Hardcore, CTF Heretic
  • ISSUE: I had an unbalanced match 4vs3. No one left the game, we just started with 7 people. It doesn't bother me but "double reloads" still exist.
  • Feedback: I don't know if its just in the pre build but I love that there is no veto option! The multiplayer connection is amazing as a european!!!

Although no one has a mic I still love to play the new MCC!
Matches are quick and smooth, hit detection seems great esp in 3 and 2a, would love some halo 4 and maybe a system of progression (like commendations from other games) - I think fewer playlists will be better in the long run, the mashup of game modes would make it more fresh and interesting without diluting playerbase too much. Love the new menu system and the planned ability to have different games downloaded at a time. Definitely gonna talk up this update to some buddies and hope to see it thrive!
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The battle rifle bug, which I didn't know about till these threads, NEEDS to be removed. No one should be able to spam that many shots in such a short time. It's not an easy glitch and it really removes all fun from any encounters with BR's. End it.
  • REPRO STEPS: Apparently it involves shooting then force cancelling it so you can shoot rapidly again.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The battle rifle bug, which I didn't know about till these threads, NEEDS to be removed. No one should be able to spam that many shots in such a short time. It's not an easy glitch and it really removes all fun from any encounters with BR's. End it.
  • REPRO STEPS: Apparently it involves shooting then force cancelling it so you can shoot rapidly again.
Been in Halo 2 since 2004. That bug is basically unpatchable as it means removing action cancelling with reload.
Been in Halo 2 since 2004. That bug is basically unpatchable as it means removing action cancelling with reload.
I really can't see how that's true, I'd think anything can be patched in some way to at least limit the possibility of it. I just hope the players that can do this don't make up 90% of the population playing the game currently. It's not really competitive the way it is now, it really happens all the time. Thanks for your response though.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 and 3 so far
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Plasma grenades not sticking to enemies
  • REPRO STEPS: It's hit or miss, sometimes the grenade bounces off, sometimes it just phases through the player. Sometimes they work fine. This is much like the melee issue where they don't register, just mere chance, but it happens enough to be a problem.
Its called double shotting and its been here since the beginning and will stay until the end. Go to another halo of you can't keep up.
Its called double shotting and its been here since the beginning and will stay untill the end. Go to another halo of you can't keep up.
The attitude is not necessary. This glitch offers an unfair advantage to those who can do it and abuse it, and I was bringing awareness to it. Enjoy the game.
Its called double shotting and its been here since the beginning and will stay untill the end. Go to another halo of you can't keep up.
The attitude is not necessary. This glitch offers an unfair advantage to those who can do it and abuse it, and I was bringing awareness to it. Enjoy the game.
It's not a glitch. It was originally a bug that has since been established as a feature. There's guides out there on how to BXB/BXR.
GO PLAY H2A, if you don't want to play h2c exactly as it was, DONT PLAY IT.

Love you
  • MCC HALO GAME: Combat Evolved
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Timberland multiplayer map is lacking the sound of flowing water that you should be able to hear when near the stream.
  • REPRO STEPS: Go near the water on Timberland and you won't hear the sound of flowing water.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I've checked with the PC version and it definitely is suppose to have a sound effect for the flowing water.
I have an issue with the servers, I live in Dubai and i think ive been region locked. I cant find any games. I would really appreciate if there was some eastern europe servers so i could get some slightly lower ping (Currently the closest server is West Europe at 130 ms). I was thinking an East EU server could help people in the middle east get lower pings (down to around maybe 100), it wouldnt be too bad for people in EU Either as its still very low ping for them.

I would also like it if people in low populated regions like Dubai would not be region locked. I can only find games when i use a VPN (Free ones, and that means i lag even more than if i just connected straight to NA). So please remove region lock and add an eastern EU Server! I cant find any games currenly on my normal connection.

Another thing that would be cool is a population counter (I understand why you may not want to add that BUT hear me out). People in low populated areas are clueless as to which playlists have more people in them and which ones to choose, so maybe a small % showing how many ppl from the whole game are playing in each playlist could be useful - kind of like black ops 3
So for example Team slayer could have 33% of total players, snipers could have 10% etc etc, so people who have a busy schedule and choose the playlist that will get them the fastest game.
* MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Classic
* ISSUE/FEEDBACK: We were promised we would get the same Halo 2 that launched on the original Xbox, but instead we got something that seemed more like the ported Halo 2 PC version that removed certain particular glitches such as super bouncing which was one of the most iconic things I can remember about the original halo 2.. I remember spending hours on end in custom matches perfecting them.Something has to be done about this or I fear this game will never let us relive that same nostalgic feel we all once had. It isn't fair to any of the halo 2 fans that where looking forward to having the EXACT same experience for Halo 2 Classic. It's not the same game and people don't even wanna touch it because of that.. I really hope someone sees this and does something about it. Please fix this, Thank you 343 for taking a 2nd look at MCC.
* REPRO STEPS: here's a YouTube video explaining the issue. https://youtu.be/kw2B5EuV-uE (Not my video.)
* ADDITIONAL INFO: Here's a video of super bounces actually working in the classic Halo 2 on the Original Xbox.(once again not my video) https://youtu.be/szocJMCE9gE
Learn to adapt. Here's an idea: learn it yourself
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. ...
  9. 40