Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insider - Flight 3 Phase 2 Feedback - MP

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 21
  4. 22
  5. 23
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. ...
  9. 40
Nuclearout wrote:
MCC GAME: Halo 3 (possibly others)

ISSUE: Look sensitivity has changed from the original MCC. 3 feels like 4 or 5 and 2 feels like... 2.5? Seems like the aim acceleration has increased. Not sure if this was intentional or a side effect of graphics/framerate updates, but it's frustrating because I can't use my original setting.

Can anyone else confirm this? I've heard others talking about it.
I have posted about this several times and others as well with proof, but we have gotten no response yet.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The battle rifle bug, which I didn't know about till these threads, NEEDS to be removed. No one should be able to spam that many shots in such a short time. It's not an easy glitch and it really removes all fun from any encounters with BR's. End it.
  • REPRO STEPS: Apparently it involves shooting then force cancelling it so you can shoot rapidly again.
Man, you're about 14 years too late here buddy. What you're describing is called Lag Cancelling or "YY/BXing". This is a feature of Halo 2 that allows a player to cancel the cool-down times of shooting and beat-down animations in order to chain moves together more quickly. These techniques are similar to what FGC players do in Street Fighter and how Smashers combo eachother in Melee. The button combos in Halo 2 add a huge layer of depth and complexity to the game and is the reason why it is still played competitively to this day. The Double Shot (RRX) or Quad Shot (RRXYYRRX) as they are referred to are indeed difficult to perform,which is what make them very satisfying to pull off and very entertaining to watch someone else perform as well. If you're looking for a more watered down classic Halo experience, then Halo 2 Anniversary might be the game for you. However I would implore you to open your mind a little bit and try to understand that this is actually the most fun part about the game. Check this classic H2 montage by Blazin and see for yourself.
Experienced very bad screen lag/frame rate for 2 games that was consistent throughout the whole game. Almost seemed like it was running 30fps. Quit build and seemed to fix it.
Game: Halo 4
Activity: Spartan Ops
Chapter: 6
Mission: 1
Difficulty: Solo Heroic w/ Grunt Birthday Party & IWHBYD
Problems: Textures on Covenant Ammo Boxes/Weapon Boxes weren’t loading in until very close (rainbow pixelated pattern), Textures on Phantoms at the end of the mission we’re poorly rendered.
Have still not managed to find more than 2 games in the last week or so. Searching for Players: 1/8 is all I get even after leaving it, going for a shower, cooking a meal and coming back to the console.
For some reason when I played Halo 2, it seems that it's laggy not where you see players appearing and disappearing but when I shoot someone it's as if the shots don't register right away and it doesn't seem like a smooth experience when shooting. I hope this gets fixed and it doesn't go into the final public release.
For some reason when I played Halo 2, it seems that it's laggy not where you see players appearing and disappearing but when I shoot someone it's as if the shots don't register right away and it doesn't seem like a smooth experience when shooting. I hope this gets fixed and it doesn't go into the final public release.
I have reported this many times and i know alot of other people have. No one has gotten back to me but it seems they haven't even touched the h2c hit registration issues from mcc. This update is definitely not ready to go live.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo CE
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Names that appear above enemies heads when looking in their direction in Multiplayer are beyond bright red, and stick out much more than they did in the original CE.
  • REPRO STEPS: Load up a game of Slayer on any CE map. I tried this on both Chill Out and Timberlands.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Combat Evolved & Halo 2 Classic
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: With the Medal Flasher turned on the medals always show up in the same place (in player 1's window) regardless who earned the medal in split-screen.
  • REPRO STEPS: Play split screen and have a player other than player 1 earn a medal.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Combat Evolved Example: https://youtu.be/Rj3RurTHDTE Halo 2 Classic Example: https://youtu.be/FANcdkWbSlY
|
|
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Classic
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: While playing split-screen with the Original Medal Flasher setting turned on only player 1 receives medals.
  • REPRO STEPS: With the Original Medal Flasher setting turned on play split- screen and have a player other than player 1 try to earn a medal.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Example: https://youtu.be/tCdeHeht0mc Notice that player 2 should earn an assassination medal but does not receive the medal but then player 1 does an assassination and receives a medal.
|
|
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 4
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: While playing split-screen enemie's weapons disappear from view when they are a certain distance from you.
  • REPRO STEPS: Play a game of split-screen of Halo 4 an stand near an enemy then start walking away from the enemy and their weapon will disapear.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGA9u1QXeKA Watch player 4's screen (bottom right); the enemies rocket launcher disappears when they are too far away.
I have reported this many times and i know alot of other people have. No one has gotten back to me but it seems they haven't even touched the h2c hit registration issues from mcc. This update is definitely not ready to go live.
Unfortunately, I think the update is hitting retail the 13th from what I heard, after playing the insider there are great improvements but also introductions to more problems, I would rather them push it back till some of these high priority issues are fixed in the insider.
I really hope someone at 343 see's my feedback, I've been playing Halo online for well over 12 years, so I have a good understanding of Halo's MM systems.

My xbox is running low on storage so I only installed Halo 3 MM.
What I enjoyed:

• Fast UI, this is so much better than MCC's, it takes no time at all to browse through the lobby.
  • Being able to see your Network, this is great being able to see what connections would be like playing against different countries.
  • Ranked Play doing what Ranked play should - matching you with similar people of your skill level, this is a BIG plus, I like the fact we only match players within 10 skill range.
  • Party matching - Not 100% sure if this is active (I think it is), but I think for Ranked play this is a must, parties should only match parties.
  • Ranks/GT's not showing before games, this will reduce the number of dodgers.
  • Post game lobbies - I'm super glad this is back, it's good to have a chat to the other team after a game, and you also get to see there ranks.
  • Games Loading up faster.
  • Menu Music volume option.
  • Brightness lower - higher.
  • The fact I can use my kinect for game/lobby chat is a plus.
What I'm not a fan of:

• I read that SMG/AR starts will still be a thing, not sure why? A lot of the community don't enjoy this, I'm not sure what fun this brings.
  • No veto option, If the above is true then there should at least be a 1 vote option to veto the map for a random generated map (Like halo 3 did).
  • XP - Not a massive deal, but this helps bring people back to the game and want to play for a purpose.
  • Auto-search, this was a big problem, AFK players were being put back into games.
  • Being from EU, search times took a while at times, I feel after around 3-5 minutes the search perimeter should widen to match East USA and so on.
  • Again ^ the same with searching as a party, if parties are struggling to find games then make it possible to match against solo players, BUT give it 5 minutes, at which point anyone searching should be made aware that the search is now searching for parties as well as solo players.
  • MVP - Top medals, this should be added back on the match report!
Thank you
In MCC I always play on 3 or 4 sensitivity but that feels like I'm playing on 5 or 6 sensitivity because it turns so fast. I'm constantly moving back and forth from 4 to 3 to 2 and it irritates me that I have to turn down to 2 sensitivity because of slow turns, 3 feels like 5, and 4 well, it feels higher. It just don't feel like the old classic Halo 3 sensitivity from 360. I hope this will get fixed.
Halo 3 has too many maps in Team Slayer. I know people really like Halo 3, but I think I can speak for most people when I say Standoff and Last Resort should be in BTB only. Also, just in my opinion, the maps Snowbound, Epitaph, Isolation and Orbital just aren't fun maps to play on at all.
KxrrupT wrote:
I really hope someone at 343 see's my feedback, I've been playing Halo online for well over 12 years, so I have a good understanding of Halo's MM systems.

My xbox is running low on storage so I only installed Halo 3 MM.
What I enjoyed:

• Fast UI, this is so much better than MCC's, it takes no time at all to browse through the lobby.
  • Being able to see your Network, this is great being able to see what connections would be like playing against different countries.
  • Ranked Play doing what Ranked play should - matching you with similar people of your skill level, this is a BIG plus, I like the fact we only match players within 10 skill range.
  • Party matching - Not 100% sure if this is active (I think it is), but I think for Ranked play this is a must, parties should only match parties.
  • Ranks/GT's not showing before games, this will reduce the number of dodgers.
  • Post game lobbies - I'm super glad this is back, it's good to have a chat to the other team after a game, and you also get to see there ranks.
  • Games Loading up faster.
  • Menu Music volume option.
  • Brightness lower - higher.
  • The fact I can use my kinect for game/lobby chat is a plus.
What I'm not a fan of:

• I read that SMG/AR starts will still be a thing, not sure why? A lot of the community don't enjoy this, I'm not sure what fun this brings.
  • No veto option, If the above is true then there should at least be a 1 vote option to veto the map for a random generated map (Like halo 3 did).
  • XP - Not a massive deal, but this helps bring people back to the game and want to play for a purpose.
  • Auto-search, this was a big problem, AFK players were being put back into games.
  • Being from EU, search times took a while at times, I feel after around 3-5 minutes the search perimeter should widen to match East USA and so on.
  • Again ^ the same with searching as a party, if parties are struggling to find games then make it possible to match against solo players, BUT give it 5 minutes, at which point anyone searching should be made aware that the search is now searching for parties as well as solo players.
  • MVP - Top medals, this should be added back on the match report!
Thank you
I agree, with a lot of what you said but I am almost 100 percent sure party matching is not enabled. I am pretty high in the ranks on hardcore on insider and have gone up against some pros who were streaming as a team of 3 or 4 and had to play against them, and some non pro players that I played 3 times in a row and all had the same 3 people in their party which meant I was clearly facing a team of 3 that whole time. MM system needs to go back to how old halo did it, 3's match 3's and 4's match 4's. No matter how good you are, even if you are a pro if you are up against decent people in a party of 4 with mics it is either a stopping or a ridiculous grind to win, which makes a lot of people want to quit after the first couple minutes and discourages solo queue.
In MCC I always play on 3 or 4 sensitivity but that feels like I'm playing on 5 or 6 sensitivity because it turns so fast. I'm constantly moving back and forth from 4 to 3 to 2 and it irritates me that I have to turn down to 2 sensitivity because of slow turns, 3 feels like 5, and 4 well, it feels higher. It just don't feel like the old classic Halo 3 sensitivity from 360. I hope this will get fixed.
Me to bud, it would be nice if postums could give us an update on this problem, make sure to check out mine and others numerous posts on this problem.
Nuclearout wrote:
MCC GAME: Halo 3 (possibly others)

ISSUE: Look sensitivity has changed from the original MCC. 3 feels like 4 or 5 and 2 feels like... 2.5? Seems like the aim acceleration has increased. Not sure if this was intentional or a side effect of graphics/framerate updates, but it's frustrating because I can't use my original setting.

Can anyone else confirm this? I've heard others talking about it.
Hey Everyone,

I have discussed this with the team today and we have conducted internal investigations this week in regards to players who are discussing the aiming in the Insider being more twitchy compared to retail MCC. We can definitively say that we have made no adjustments whatsoever to the speed at which aiming works. But, we believe that there are some key changes that have happened to the title in our updating process that is causing this feeling.
  • If comparing from the 360 to Xbox One - this is due to the controllers capabilities and nuances of how the joysticks work is entirely different.
  • Retail MCC to Insider there are several reason - Dedicated servers, general performance improvements, network improvements, and many other bug fixes in all of the titles that is helping to improve the games performance all up.
There has been No fundamental changes have been made to aiming from MCC Retail to MCC Insider.If you still feel that this is an issue, we will need more information. We need some sort of tangible piece of data that we can use to investigate these reports. Video frame-by-frame analysis, a breakdown of what it is you believe is happening, what controllers you are using, and the various control schemes/speed settings you have on.

Cheers,
Postums
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The battle rifle bug, which I didn't know about till these threads, NEEDS to be removed. No one should be able to spam that many shots in such a short time. It's not an easy glitch and it really removes all fun from any encounters with BR's. End it.
  • REPRO STEPS: Apparently it involves shooting then force cancelling it so you can shoot rapidly again.
Man, you're about 14 years too late here buddy. What you're describing is called Lag Cancelling or "YY/BXing". This is a feature of Halo 2 that allows a player to cancel the cool-down times of shooting and beat-down animations in order to chain moves together more quickly. These techniques are similar to what FGC players do in Street Fighter and how Smashers combo eachother in Melee. The button combos in Halo 2 add a huge layer of depth and complexity to the game and is the reason why it is still played competitively to this day. The Double Shot (RRX) or Quad Shot (RRXYYRRX) as they are referred to are indeed difficult to perform,which is what make them very satisfying to pull off and very entertaining to watch someone else perform as well. If you're looking for a more watered down classic Halo experience, then Halo 2 Anniversary might be the game for you. However I would implore you to open your mind a little bit and try to understand that this is actually the most fun part about the game. Check this classic H2 montage by Blazin and see for yourself.
While it was a bug in the first game long ago, I felt it didn't belong if it was being updated, so I wouldn't say I'm late but I get your point. However, if it will be removed in the anniversary version, that is excellent, though it does seem to work in campaign regardless when I tested it, so we'll see. Anyway, this issue has been resolved, as the developers confirmed it isn't going anywhere. I don't agree with it but there's no sense in arguing either point. I will definitely opt for a more balanced version in H2A when I get the choice, as of right now though there is no choice in MP experience. I just stand by it not being a fun feature but rather a true bug that actually takes away from gameplay, but that's just me. I looked into it and practiced last night, I don't plan on using it competitively though, it just feels cheap you know? I can appreciate, however, your overall positive and constructive demeanor in your response, even if we disagree on the subject, so I'll try to keep an open mind but I'm pretty stubborn! Thank you, enjoy the game!
Make Team Snipers ranked in MCC....that is all.

TY <3
  • MCC HALO GAME: Combat Evolved
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The "Covenant Radio" does not make radio noises on any multiplayer map.
  • REPRO STEPS: Go to red platform on the Damnation map and notice the lack of radio-like sound.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Locations of the "Covenant Radio" in multiplayer: Damnation on red platform. Danger Canyon: In rocket room (middle room) Death Island: On the deck of both team's bases. Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el2dvwcaVhU&feature=youtu.be I've checked all the maps and think that should be all the instances of "Covenant Radios" on multiplayer maps.
I don't know how to explain but it still feels like some shots and beatdowns don't count. Maybe its because of the US servers.... I dont know...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 21
  4. 22
  5. 23
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. ...
  9. 40