Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insider - Flight 3 Phase 2 Feedback - MP

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 29
  4. 30
  5. 31
  6. 32
  7. 33
  8. ...
  9. 40
unless it is original game functionality, it seems that during CTF in the H3 Team Hardcore playlist, the announcer sounds for capture, recovery, and scoring seemed more delayed than usual, making it hard to know what to do next. Everything else was synced.
MCC HALO GAME:Halo 3
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Aiming is not as responsive compared to MCC retail or original halo 3. Aiming in any direction...I have to move my right thumb stick over more then normal just to aim in small increments. ITS NOT SMOOTH/FLUID like every other halo game. Shouldn't have to move my thumb-stick a lot to readjust during BR battles on 4 sens, there literally right in front of me. Aiming while shooting in zoom feels just as bad, like aim needs to be freed up. I've tried 2,3,4,5,6 sensitivity and nothing feels comfortable. I use a great gaming monitor and a new scuf so it not slow turn. Twirling my right thumb stick in a circular motion doesn't even feel right or make a circle on my screen.
Bug/ Issue: Aiming mechanics/Aim Acceleration
Halo 3 Hardcore
I was having a hard time adapting to the aim settings (LONGGGGG time Halo 3 player)...thought I was washed. It might be the controller difference between the 360 and the XB1 having different deadzones
Wirewizard wrote:
Wirewizard wrote:
I don't know if anybody else has experienced this, since the 1.507.0.0 update, it feels like day one for finding a game, sat for ages. Once connected it's games after game.

Initial connection seems to be the problem, like now, I'm sat waiting for mcc find players and have had 2 games in the last hour and a half.

UK based, not sure if that makes a difference, but it's not been a problem the last week or so, only since update.
I've had some pretty good connection times, maybe try playing on the "official play times" ? This being from: 11AM - 2PM PDT & 7PM - 10PM PDT, i've noticed that is when population is the highest, which makes it easier to find a match.

-Prime
Lol really, that's the advice of the century... So 7pm utc isn't in the "official play times"??? That's 12pm pdt...

It doesn't work outside of play times...
<p></p>
I mean there are matches going on outside of "official playtimes" it's just that during those it's way easier to find a match.

-Prime
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 4 Action Sack mode
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Guns/gernades either don’t shoot when they are supposed to or are delayed. I had a match where I shot an incineration cannon and the projectile never came out causing me to get killed. I also had problem where when I threw a gernade at a certain location, the game would delay the throw for a couple of seconds causing the genade to go at the new location I was looking at.
  • REPRO STEPS: I shot the incineration cannon a couple times and it worked fine every now and then there was a delay. Gernades on the other hand had a constant delay that I noticed.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo CE Doubles
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: I don’t know if this was a problem in the first Halo game in general or if it’s a new problem. But I’ve noticed There is a lot of problems with spawn locations. Enemies would spawn either right next to me or very close to my team. This would cause me and my teammate to be killed upon already killing them or us easily getting a kill because we could hear the other team spawn right next to us.
  • REPRO STEPS: This problem happened throughout most of the match, there was times where we would respawn on the other side of the maps from each other but for the most part we would spawn right next to each other. While it doesn’t seem that bad it can be unfair to other teams if health is low because we just killed each other and now the other team is already back with full shields.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo MCC multiplayer
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: This could just be me nitpicking but I do notice that there are times when there’s a really long delay to get into a match if you change modes or sometimes in between matches the wait could be forever.
  • REPRO STEPS: I purposely switched modes or sometimes it would happen in between matches a lot. I know it’s not my Internet connection because it’s been happening ever since I joined the program. It could be just other players the games looking for having a problem or there’s some other issue with the multiplayer.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Any mode that has all Halo games available
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Last thing I noticed was any game mode with all halo games available, the randomization with matches would mostly pick Halo 3, it also happens with certain maps I would play the same maps for 2 to 3 matches straight.
  • REPRO STEPS: Every time I played any of these modes with all the games available,I would count how many times it picked halo 3. For the most part it did pick halo 3, there were times where it picked other games but I would only mostly play on halo 3 and not much of halo 2 anniversary or Halo 2.
Here's some feedback I have from the past weeks of play - I've played about 60 games of the Halo 3 hardcore playlist. I normally play between 10 am - 4 pm on Friday, Saturday, Sunday

• The past couple of weeks there has been a screen lag in about half my games at the very beginning of matches for everyone in it. It only lasts about 2 seconds but completely freezes the game. (
  • Connection and shot registration is noticeably better than MCC but is really inconsistent
  • The bug causing kills to appear more than once in the killfeed is still there
  • So far there's has been no party issues or disconnects with friends or in customs which was a huge issue with MCC for me and why I stopped playing.
  • In general the game is much more stable
These are the only problems that I have had so far. The insider program has gone really smooth for me with very few issues, just a couple of road-bumps in-between. My biggest constructive criticism is the shot registration inconsistency. Some games it nearly feels like I'm playing on split screen on lan and other games I get frustrated and have no idea where my bullets are going. I know this is the hardest part for any online multiplayer game and will be even harder as the load on the servers increases.

Thanks for having me for the beta,
I DIEDRICH I
There is still no good damage detector in all the games you can see that you shoot them and their armor does not show damage and this having the 45ms this is Impossible.
Here's some feedback I have from the past weeks of play - I've played about 60 games of the Halo 3 hardcore playlist. I normally play between 10 am - 4 pm on Friday, Saturday, Sunday

• The past couple of weeks there has been a screen lag in about half my games at the very beginning of matches for everyone in it. It only lasts about 2 seconds but completely freezes the game. (Update: this week I haven't had any with the lag yet)
  • Connection and shot registration is noticeably better than MCC but is really inconsistent
  • The bug causing kills to appear more than once in the killfeed is still there
  • So far there's has been no party issues or disconnects with friends or in customs which was a huge issue with MCC for me and why I stopped playing.
  • In general the game is much more stable
These are the only problems that I have had so far. The insider program has gone really smooth for me with very few issues, just a couple of road-bumps in-between. My biggest constructive criticism is the shot registration inconsistency. Some games it nearly feels like I'm playing on split screen on lan and other games I get frustrated and have no idea where my bullets are going. I know this is the hardest part for any online multiplayer game and will be even harder as the load on the servers increases.

Thanks for having me for the beta,
I DIEDRICH I
Feels like I am playing a different version of halo not just every day now but in every game depending on which server I am on. It sucks that every game I have no clue is the other team going to eat bullets or am I going to actually have a chance to 4 shot somebody, hopefully this gets fixed as time goes on because I know for sure this kills the fun for me and makes me want to play the game less and less knowing I am playing an RNG based game(never thought I would say this about halo) depending on what server I am playing on and the location of the player's I am playing against. I get host vs nonhost was a thing in h3 and you had to lead shots in H3, I played that game for years and unless the host was bad the shot registration was consistent almost every game.
Former tournament and invite MLG player here. Playing on varied servers that are auto selected for you is truly a mess. One game the server can be near LAN quality with perfect gameplay (No input lag, no frame rating and good connection for beatdowns) However going from game to game its a gamble between if you will get selected into someone on your teams server or a slow running one. Played 3 in a row against the same team (Which by the way is matching two duos teams against a full squad every time) only to lose marginally because half of the bullets and beats don't connect.

Try to find a way to make servers dedicated per person as this game still won't have that large of a population post-update anyway.

Hateful 8
NinjaJ10 wrote:
So far, my biggest gripe derives from playing Doubles in Halo CE. First off, there is something seriously wrong with the aiming in Halo CE. I’ve never had an issue with aiming while playing Halo CE in the past. However, upon playing in the Insider Program, headshots have never been more difficult for me to land. Whether my opponent is across the map or standing directly in front of me, all of my efforts to accurately shoot precision weapons have been in vein. In addition, I can’t emphasize enough on how quickly matches become one-sided. The moment my doubles partner and I lost a lead, the match would basically be over. From that point onwards, our oppontents would gain a completely unfair advantage; gaining access to accessible vantage points which would lead to endless spawn-killing due to the short kill times of the Halo CE pistol. Upon respawning, I had little to no reaction time when faced with this type of opposition. I lost count as to how many times I’ve respawned only to die 2 seconds later, literally.

I really hope that 343 will address this issue because this experience was very unforgiving.
I agree that the aiming seems off in CE compared to then 2002 OG . But the spawn killing and game getting out of control fast, that’s just classic CE, man. Hoard power ups and power weapons, and spawn kill the enemy. Welcome to CE.
Hateful 8 wrote:
Former tournament and invite MLG player here. Playing on varied servers that are auto selected for you is truly a mess. One game the server can be near LAN quality with perfect gameplay (No input lag, no frame rating and good connection for beatdowns) However going from game to game its a gamble between if you will get selected into someone on your teams server or a slow running one. Played 3 in a row against the same team (Which by the way is matching two duos teams against a full squad every time) only to lose marginally because half of the bullets and beats don't connect.

Try to find a way to make servers dedicated per person as this game still won't have that large of a population post-update anyway.

Hateful 8
100% agree with this. Some games my shots feel great, others it feels a touch off. Consistency would be nice to have in a game. I also agree with the party matching, if there is a team of 2 searching, they should match with a team of 2. That was somethinv that was really nice to have in the original H3. Overall I feel like it is much improved, but would love to see the hit detection be consistent every game.
Issue no. 1:
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 4
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: When starting a FFA game, user-set emblem is not displayed, but instead displays the default Dogtags emblem.
  • REPRO STEPS: Start a game FFA game and watch when your gamertag & emblem pops us on the screen
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Comparison
Issue no. 2:
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Shading on player's emblem have a "white filter" or higher contrast compared to OG Halo 3.
  • REPRO STEPS: Display the scoreboard and take at the colour of the emblems
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Comparison
Made a post yesterday. Only problem I saw with H3 THC is if one has went AFK and continues searching it makes it unfair for the team that he is on. Maybe install a popup message like how netflix does after 4 episodes “are you still watching” maybe make one saying “are you still playing.” I live in the United States but I am currently in Bogota, Colombia and have noticed some serious lag. I understand the circumstances but can I have a confirmation that we are indeed playing on dedicated servers?
  • Location London UK.
  • Time between 13.45 Pm and 15.20 Pm.
  • Unable to find game in less than 15 minutes.
  • Only able to find games for Halo 3 atm.
  • Long search times for Halo 3,sometimes 30 minutes.
  • Shot registration has been not that great for Halo 3 with some shot not landing properly in body part. The head seems fine.
  • Controller input for Halo 3 feels delayed at times.
  • I am finding the same 4 players in already 3 matches.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Skies look very weird
  • REPRO STEPS: If you play in Damnation and look at the sky, there is a ghost-like Halo ring. Originally it was not there. In Death Island there is a white line in the horizon. Again, it was not there before MCC. In Gephyrophobia the ring looks absurdly bright (this issue though has been in the third mission also in CE Anniversary, but not in the original xbox). I don't know if these issues were in the MCC since the beginning, but I know about others in classic CE that do, like missing fog and incomplete/despawning blood.
Hateful 8 wrote:

Hateful 8
This is really the only problem I have with h2c in MCC. Locally H2c plays flawlessly but as soon as you get into matchmaking its a toss of a coin if a server is ok or not.
Issue:
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 4
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Energy Sword Lunge is incredibly delayed. There is a 5 second delay on when you lunge and when the sword swings.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Sometimes you spawn with only 1 grenade.
  • Location London UK.
  • Time between 13.45 Pm and 15.20 Pm.
  • Unable to find game in less than 15 minutes.
  • Only able to find games for Halo 3 atm.
  • Long search times for Halo 3,sometimes 30 minutes.
  • Shot registration has been not that great for Halo 3 with some shot not landing properly in body part. The head seems fine.
  • Controller input for Halo 3 feels delayed at times.
  • I am finding the same 4 players in already 3 matches.
• Allow players to see their ping while in game with the selct button.
•Sword in halo 3 does not hit everytime, when the target is red and you click to strike, the target do not loose shield or die, happened 3 times on 2 different matches.
•Assasination with a perfect strike did not work two times on "The Pit"map. Never happen before.
•Hope this is goig to be helpful.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: There are times melee's never register(a lot of times, had 2 melee lunges to somebodies back which did not register any damage), and times melee's don't deal as much damage as they should.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: There are times where you throw 2 grenades at once.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: When you fire rockets sometimes it fires 2, and your rocket launcher won't reload until you switch the gun.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: After host migration and getting to the post-game state, none of your buttons work on a controller.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Hit registration is just bad, I have 40 & 50 ping to the servers that are used(the European servers), and most of the time the hit reg is not working, even more so for the sniper. Pretty bloodshot-city.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 29
  4. 30
  5. 31
  6. 32
  7. 33
  8. ...
  9. 40