Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insider - Flight 3 Phase 2 Feedback - MP

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 36
  4. 37
  5. 38
  6. 39
  7. ...
  8. 40
Multi Player:

The Halo multi player mode did not feel right at all.
Lighting felt like everything was in a direct light, there are little to no shadows on many of the maps or sub shadows.
Texture is questionable at times from standard to high quality.

Game Play:

Game play felt a little sluggish, this may be related to the speed of Halo 5's Multi Player in comparison.
I felt that the Multi Player was very lacking and too simple and direct, it was too standard compared to other FPS games
The aiming and movement for H3 have to be fixed. I don't know what you guys did but flight 1 felt perfect, then something changed. Everything feels so off now.
I think you guys should add another halo 3 playlist, I dont think you have enough.
I think you guys should add another halo 3 playlist, I dont think you have enough.
I think you should realize that Halo 3 is the most popular game in MCC and also needs the most work

And MCC Insider is for testing...

2 + 2 =
Hostiley wrote:
I think you should realize that Halo 3 is the most popular game in MCC and also needs the most work

2 + 2 =
Oh you are right, 4 playlist is a great idea but they would probably put h3 btb in there.
SWAT should be an easy enough playlist to gather data of... especially Halo 3's, quick matches where you can gather info about the movement and hit detection. Atleast in my opinion.

-Prime
Since Halo 3 has been the only game that this insider program has seemed to focus on here is my feedback on the Master Chief Collection aka Halo 3 Re-Released.
(i am aware of how broken the game is but there needs to be a balance)

Halo 3
- Hit registration is completely off / non existent (tested by shooting explosive barrels multiple times with a Battle Rifle. In normal circumstances this should cause and explosion on the fist hit. however a full clip later and no explosion. Same can be said about shooting Spartans with no shields. They should die but managed to run away and regain health.
- Aiming seems to have some sort if acceleration when wipping the cursor around. Best i can describe this is i play on 5 sensitivity and as i try to dial in my sights on the enemy it feels like i get boosted up to 10 sensitivity and this in turn makes my aim off.
- Afk players are constantly being cued and matched with teams. This causes a lot of other players to quit or makes teams unbalanced.

For what small amount of time i was able to play halo 2 this is my feedback.

Halo 2
- Same issue with aim acceceration
- ghost melees were very present. example i would melee and the lunge animation would trigger yet no damage would be done to enemy spartan
- once again afk player would que

Halo 4
-Aim acceleration way highly present in this game.
- Would have like to see a game mode with Ordinance drops to see if any bugs were present

Halo 1
-played literally and i mean literally one game. Pistols were very dominate and thats all i can say

Overall Feedback
Im very disappointed with the game types and maps that have been chosen. We get to play only Halo 3 playlist or Action Sack with 9 time out of 10 it ending up being halo 3.
I find it very weird that the feedback off these games / maps are what is supposed to give the MCC a comeback and yet we have barely had a chance to test them all equally.
I have also have not seen any patches or updates with significant changes to make me think for a second that this revamp is supposed to be better than the initial launch of MCC. The new dedicated serves dont seem to have a huge impact on match finding or in-game connection. It seems i am either waiting 15 mins + to find a game or i am constantly requed with the same team i just played.

I really hope that the team reads this post and is able to do something about the cry the rapidly declining halo community is calling out for.
Halo 2
I have done 2 plays in Halo 2 campaign and found these oddities.
All Terminals are not accessible, if this is related to them already being unlocked/activated, I have already unlocked them in past games.
During Cairo station mission, Gunny's face renders out really odd, does not look right at all, his eyes on closer inspection of him appear to be messed up, sunk in and detached from the sockets I believe would be the correct description. This appears to be the case with all Human characters at random times.
Skull for infinite ammo does not work with alien weapons that use batteries, only works with the ones that use ammo/clips
Texture issues are very prominent, many objects ranging from crates, vehicles, plants and so on either have low textures instead of the higher ones, may even switch back and forth between the two or even have the RGB texture that is the default before a proper one is applied.
Human vehicles appear to be VERY fragile, Scorpion tank is smoking after being hit by a single banshee strafing attack but Ghosts can take a direct hit from the Scorpion tanks cannon and survive.
During the missions The Arbiter and The Oracle using the fuel rod gun proved to be interesting as many enemies that were at a closer distance, appeared to be able to dodge the shot from the weapon, much like the Shotgun is appearing to be in some instances.
During the mission Delta Halo, Scorpion tank was very shaky/choppy, almost glitchy in its movements, other vehicles also appear to have this problem where they shake and act jittery. Any passengers react to this as well.
During delta Halo, Marines were able to shoot through or so it seemed, obstacles like the stone blocks to kill a hiding enemy.
If the player moves too fast, just a few feet faster than friendly AI's they will stop following the player unless they back track almost face to face. This was encountered in almost every mission.
Hostiley wrote:

2 + 2 =
Oh boy,

I would say CE and Halo 2 need the most work but hey what do I know?
Hostiley wrote:

2 + 2 =
Oh boy,

yeah h3 has had most of the special treatment with this update, h2 and ce got the shaft and it really shows with the hit detection. Its a shame because h3 players can pop in a h3 disc into the xbox one and play matchmaking anytime.
can we get Halo CE playlists or Halo 2 or Halo 2A playlists? I want to try out these playlists and not always Halo 3 this and Halo 3 that
started a h2a custom on shrine and noticed many weird shadows that shouldnt be there. looks almost like
greyed out textures. playing on one x with 1080p monitor.
Can we get other playlists besides halo 3?? Insider has been a solid 80% halo 3 playlists the majority of the time, the other games have their issues to not just H3.
Hostiley wrote:

2 + 2 =
Oh boy,

From what I can see you play Halo and know how to upload gameplay
Hostiley wrote:
Hostiley wrote:

2 + 2 =
Oh boy,

From what I can see you play Halo and know how to upload gameplay
Is this supposed to be a dig of some sort?

What does this have to do with the topic at hand which is MCC Insider MP feedback?
I had a lot of problems with the Halo 2 maps. They seemed to lag all the time. The players would disappear or start running into walls. Also, grenades would disappear when thrown and reappear when exploding making it hard to avoid in the middle of a fight.

Last, on Halo 1 maps it does not show you how to pick up weapons or that you can pick up the weapons.
Did anyone else have these issues?
On the Halo 2 maps, I experienced a lot of lag even with a great connection. I would play the Halo 1 and 3 maps before and after the Halo 2 maps and they worked fine with no issues. Players would teleport or walk into walks in the middle of a fight and grenades would disappear when thrown and reappear when the explode.

Last, on the Halo 1 Maps, there is no text telling you how to pick up the weapons or that you can pick them up.
Hugmarci wrote:
I had a lot of problems with the Halo 2 maps. They seemed to lag all the time. The players would disappear or start running into walls. Also, grenades would disappear when thrown and reappear when exploding making it hard to avoid in the middle of a fight.

Last, on Halo 1 maps it does not show you how to pick up weapons or that you can pick up the weapons.
I've had these issues with Halo CE, exactly as you describe them. But not with Halo 2 for some reason...
Hugmarci wrote:

I've had these issues with Halo CE, exactly as you describe them. But not with Halo 2 for some reason...
After seeing that the game will be added to Game Pass i worry that the game will still be buggy and unplayable in most areas. With that said, is there any news about the update happening at all. Halo 5 has become so dull and boring that i always go back and play MCC the most. I just wanna know will we get the update by the end of summer cause from what we were told last time it was supposed to come halfway through summer. I understand the company can only do so much BUT the game is now almost 4 years old and it still feels sadly far from being better.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 36
  4. 37
  5. 38
  6. 39
  7. ...
  8. 40