Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insider - Flight 3 Phase 2 Feedback - MP

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 37
  4. 38
  5. 39
  6. ...
  7. 40
Tippamania wrote:
After seeing that the game will be added to Game Pass i worry that the game will still be buggy and unplayable in most areas. With that said, is there any news about the update happening at all. Halo 5 has become so dull and boring that i always go back and play MCC the most. I just wanna know will we get the update by the end of summer cause from what we were told last time it was supposed to come halfway through summer. I understand the company can only do so much BUT the game is now almost 4 years old and it still feels sadly far from being better.
I think we got an update release date. Look it up.
1st September 2018 will the retail Version MCC geht the Update and is added to the GamePass
* MCC game: Halo 2 Classic.
* Issue: Carbine fire rate.
* Additional info: although H2's Classic multiplayer experience has been very improved (custom emblems, better hit detection), the carbine fire rate, while was decreased correctly, can't compete now with the BR fire rate, which was increased due to the network improvements. I suggest to decrease the BR's fire rate slightly or the time to shoot to make it paired with the Carbine, and will also balance the rest of the sandbox, which was overshadowed by the BR.
This two weapons were perfectly balanced in retail MCC, but now isn't. So if we change a gun, its counterpart must be changed too.
Hostiley wrote:
Hostiley wrote:
I think you guys should add another halo 3 playlist, I dont think you have enough.
I think you should realize that Halo 3 is the most popular game in MCC and also needs the most work

And MCC Insider is for testing...

2 + 2 =
Oh boy,

I would say CE and Halo 2 need the most work but hey what do I know?
From what I can see you play Halo and know how to upload gameplay
Is this supposed to be a dig of some sort?

What does this have to do with the topic at hand which is MCC Insider MP feedback?
Yeah I was trying to figure out the same thing. Maybe he's seen my Youtube channel where I post lots of Semi Amatuer level gameplay ;)
* Additional info: although H2's Classic multiplayer experience has been very improved (custom emblems, better hit detection), the carbine fire rate, while was decreased correctly, can't compete now with the BR fire rate, which was increased due to the network improvements. I suggest to decrease the BR's fire rate slightly or the time to shoot to make it paired with the Carbine, and will also balance the rest of the sandbox, which was overshadowed by the BR.
This two weapons were perfectly balanced in retail MCC, but now isn't. So if we change a gun, its counterpart must be changed too.
The increased fire rate of the retail MCC Carbine was actually the mistake. Due to the increased tickrate, it fired too fast and was a huge problem when being used by the host; you can see the same thing with the Halo 3 SMG. This is a problem that stems from H2 Vista, however If you play the original version of Halo 2, you'll notice the Carbine has a similar fire rate to Insider. So in this case, the problem was fixed. What you're talking about is nerfing how the BR works 14 years after the game has been released. You may want to consider playing H2 Anniversary for that sort of watered down experience.
The increased fire rate of the retail MCC Carbine was actually the mistake. Due to the increased tickrate, it fired too fast and was a huge problem when being used by the host; you can see the same thing with the Halo 3 SMG. This is a problem that stems from H2 Vista, however If you play the original version of Halo 2, you'll notice the Carbine has a similar fire rate to Insider. So in this case, the problem was fixed. What you're talking about is nerfing how the BR works 14 years after the game has been released. You may want to consider playing H2 Anniversary for that sort of watered down experience.
Well, you're right, but why can't it be nerfed slightly to keep that "mistake balance" between those two weapons? Yes, I'm asking for that 14 years after the release, but because 343 is currently looking the games, and it isn't a major change; it is just a tweak that will only affect the BR-Carbine fights. In my opinion, those fights could be kept balanced like in MCC, despite being a mistake, but in another way: as I stated before just decrease BR's fire rate slightly or increase the time between shooting a bit, so it won't change the old gameplay so much. And I have to dissagree with you with the Anniversary version; it suffers from the same problem, or even worse, because the carbine shoots the same as Insider, aswell as the BR.
Well, you're right, but why can't it be nerfed slightly to keep that "mistake balance" between those two weapons? Yes, I'm asking for that 14 years after the release, but because 343 is currently looking the games, and it isn't a major change; it is just a tweak that will only affect the BR-Carbine fights. In my opinion, those fights could be kept balanced like in MCC, despite being a mistake, but in another way: as I stated before just decrease BR's fire rate slightly or increase the time between shooting a bit, so it won't change the old gameplay so much. And I have to dissagree with you with the Anniversary version; it suffers from the same problem, or even worse, because the carbine shoots the same as Insider, aswell as the BR.
Move on. Quit trying to interject your casual halo experience on the classics. Carbine was designed that way its not being changed. While im commenting I will also say the hit detection for h2c in MATCHMAKING has not changed, its horrible. Literally every game has, ghost melees, br eating, and br trades. Its in no form to be launched and I think its just another slap in the face to the classic community to build up another "update" 4 years later without taking care of issues from retail mcc day 1.
Move on. Quit trying to interject your casual halo experience on the classics. Carbine was designed that way its not being changed. While im commenting I will also say the hit detection for h2c in MATCHMAKING has not changed, its horrible. Literally every game has, ghost melees, br eating, and br trades. Its in no form to be launched and I think its just another slap in the face to the classic community to build up another "update" 4 years later without taking care of issues from retail mcc day 1.
First of all, I don't want any "casual Halo experience" on the classics, and I won't move on because you say that; people have different opinions, and that's my opinion. Please, be respectful and try to argue with arguments instead of saying "move on" to someone. While Carbine was designed that way, in Halo MCC BR vs Carbine encounters were balanced, despite it being a mistake. I don't think giving the carbine a chance to win against the BR is "a casual experience" or anything like that. If the Carbine was fixed, the BR can too, and it is a minor change that will only affect that scenary, keeping the balance that MCC had because of an issue, and satisfying both types of people: the ones that like the BR will still be able to win against a Carbine user, aswell as any other weapon, and the ones who prefer the Carbine will have an opportunity against the BR, like in retail MCC. And talking about the update, yes, it's been 4 years later, but at least it will be improved; they could just leave the game as it is. Wouldn't that be worse for the community?
First of all, I don't want any "casual Halo experience" on the classics, and I won't move on because you say that; people have different opinions, and that's my opinion. Please, be respectful and try to argue with arguments instead of saying "move on" to someone. While Carbine was designed that way, in Halo MCC BR vs Carbine encounters were balanced, despite it being a mistake. I don't think giving the carbine a chance to win against the BR is "a casual experience" or anything like that. If the Carbine was fixed, the BR can too, and it is a minor change that will only affect that scenary, keeping the balance that MCC had because of an issue, and satisfying both types of people: the ones that like the BR will still be able to win against a Carbine user, aswell as any other weapon, and the ones who prefer the Carbine will have an opportunity against the BR, like in retail MCC. And talking about the update, yes, it's been 4 years later, but at least it will be improved; they could just leave the game as it is. Wouldn't that be worse for the community?
EXACTLY AS IT WAS 10 YEARS AGO. NOT HOW YOU THINK IT SHOULD BE. There's the difference.
EXACTLY AS IT WAS 10 YEARS AGO. NOT HOW YOU THINK IT SHOULD BE. There's the difference.
So you want the same experience as it was many years ago. I'm not trying to change it, just a specific encounter: the BR vs Carbine. This won't affect that experience, as it only gives that weapon a chance to fight against the BR, which is the spawn weapon. Sometimes mistakes are good: they gave the carbine an opportunity in that encounter, aswell as a reason to pick up it; which is the problem if you keep that balance in that encounter? If you think all mistakes are bad and must be fixed, then you wouldn't like Halo 2 as it was shipped 14 years ago, because it had "button combos", which were an issue too.
So you want the same experience as it was many years ago. I'm not trying to change it, just a specific encounter: the BR vs Carbine. This won't affect that experience, as it only gives that weapon a chance to fight against the BR, which is the spawn weapon. Sometimes mistakes are good: they gave the carbine an opportunity in that encounter; which is the problem if you keep that balance in that encounter? If you think all mistakes are bad and must be fixed, then you wouldn't like Halo 2 as it was shipped 14 years ago, because it had "button combos", which were an issue.
You are trying to change it, and you clearly don't understand what I say "EXACTLY AS IT WAS 10 YEARS AGO. NOT HOW YOU THINK IT SHOULD BE. The's the difference."

What I mean is that you're trying to change the BR because you think the the battles fair between carbine and BR. However if that's how it was 10 years ago LEAVE IT ALONE!.I'm all for changing it if the it was balanced in OG, however if it's NOT then it SHOULD BE LEFT THE SAME.

Like I never said " all mistakes are bad and must be fixed" you put words in my mouth. I specifically said, exactly as it was 10 years ago, imperfections and ALL! Idk where you got that I want to fix all the glitches. Get your eyes checked
So you want the same experience as it was many years ago. I'm not trying to change it, just a specific encounter: the BR vs Carbine. This won't affect that experience, as it only gives that weapon a chance to fight against the BR, which is the spawn weapon. Sometimes mistakes are good: they gave the carbine an opportunity in that encounter; which is the problem if you keep that balance in that encounter? If you think all mistakes are bad and must be fixed, then you wouldn't like Halo 2 as it was shipped 14 years ago, because it had "button combos", which were an issue.
You are trying to change it, and you clearly don't understand what I say "EXACTLY AS IT WAS 10 YEARS AGO. NOT HOW YOU THINK IT SHOULD BE. The's the difference."

What I mean is that you're trying to change the BR because you think the the battles fair between carbine and BR. However if that's how it was 10 years ago LEAVE IT ALONE!.I'm all for changing it if the it was balanced in OG, however if it's NOT then it SHOULD BE LEFT THE SAME.

Like I never said " all mistakes are bad and must be fixed" you put words in my mouth. I specifically said, exactly as it was 10 years ago, imperfections and ALL! Idk where you got that I want to fix all the glitches. Get your eyes checked
You didn't say that words directly, but indirectly. Although I understand you, all doesn't have to be the same. If so, do you want SMG starts again? That's like it was 14 years ago.
Guys. This is a feedback thread. Not a debate thread. Take it to PMs or drop it.
Guys. This is a feedback thread. Not a debate thread. Take it to PMs or drop it.
Ok, sorry. So, is my message considered feedback?
Ok, sorry. So, is my message considered feedback?
Frankly? No. You're asking for a change away from the original. Put that in the wishlist thread and move on.

These walls that have nothing to do with providing actual feedback are just cluttering the thread. Now let's move on.
Do not post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
Do not post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
Wondering how halo 3 doubles is weighted. Out of the last 13 games I’ve played, 12 of them were objective.
So can you guys please fix the aiming issues, especially in H3? So many people complain about it, it's obviously there.

Even IF the issue stems from the enhanced "precision" of the XONE controller, wouldn't you want to revamp the aiming in MCC to work well with it? Either way you slice it, it's gross incompetence.

Halo 3 feels like crap most of the time. Halo 2 also feels off though not as bad. Please lower the aim acceleration in both or bake in an option to turn it up or down similar to the option in Halo 5. One of the best things about Halo was how great the games felt (especially Halo 2). The keys are very low input lag and low aim acceleration. Smooth responsive gameplay goes a long way, 60 fps or not.
I hope that by the time the update is finished, we still get to pick whatever maps or gametype that we so choose but each game has their own btb game cuz before I get sick entire of always having to play Halo 3 for btb all the damn time
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 37
  4. 38
  5. 39
  6. ...
  7. 40