Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insider - Flight 3 Phase 2 Feedback - Other

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 9
I dug around here for a bit looking for info, but I couldn't find anything ... so does anyone know what this 12ishGb update to the Insider app today is?
https://twitter.com/ikgrubb/status/1025432702684733440
I'm having a problem. I confirmed my registration and was accepted into the test flight but not seeing the option to download it in the Insider Hub. I've had a gamertag change but I registered putting in my new tag and got confirmation on it with an email and everything. My gamertag is CoDinks and I've done the survey and did the sign up again and got accepted and nothing.
CoDinks wrote:
I'm having a problem. I confirmed my registration and was accepted into the test flight but not seeing the option to download it in the Insider Hub. I've had a gamertag change but I registered putting in my new tag and got confirmation on it with an email and everything. My gamertag is CoDinks and I've done the survey and did the sign up again and got accepted and nothing.
You are in next wave that will roll out this Monday noon PT; so it's will show up at that time.
I dug around here for a bit looking for info, but I couldn't find anything ... so does anyone know what this 12ishGb update to the Insider app today is?
Forgive my ignorance, but what is MELD? It's probably going to be really "duh" once it's explained...
Forgive my ignorance, but what is MELD? It's probably going to be really "duh" once it's explained...
Nothing useful for general users lol. It's basically the system that runs the MOTD stuff.
In the Master Chief Collection, I have noticed that the list for the "Nameplates" in the player customization menu would be better organized. The current menu is just a simple up and down list that can take a long time to scroll through, and does not show how you earned the nameplate. I was thinking that a better menu for nameplates would be a good idea. For instance organize it Unlocked vs. Locked. From there you could go to weapon or symbol, then to tier (regular, bronze, silver, gold, and then platinum).

This is just an idea that I had and thought would make Halo MCC better and less frustrating. I'm sure you guys at 343 would have a better way of organizing the customization menu or may even be working on it now.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: In the Halo 2 Legendary Campaign Playlist stopping the countdown changes the option displayed for the Y button on the bottom from "View Last Carnage Report" to "Watch Episodes." Pressing Y when it says "Watch Episodes" will bring up the Carnage Report.
  • REPRO STEPS: In the Halo 2 Legendary Campaign Playlist start and stop the countdown. The option for the Y button will change. Press the Y button.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLwWU3KotiU
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The sound in both retail & insider MCC sounds compressed compared to OG Halo 3. This is most noticeable with the BR.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Here's a comparison: OG Halo 3 and retail & Insider H3 (not my recording and not recorded on Insider but the issue still persists)
It appears in halo 2’s campaign the pistol can’t fire as fast as it should. It seems to be a bug. I am not sure if it is the same issue in multiplayer.
As much as I love the new sleek design of the menu offering a nice looking background and all around more organization, I can’t help but feel that many of the options appear fairly small and leave a lot of blank space on the screen which can ultimately make it a little harder for people to read on smaller screens, I personally own a fairly large TV and wasn’t able to read some of the text in the menu. What I’m trying to say is that I think it would be covient for them to add a font size slider to the game, even if it may make the menu a little more messy some people would rather be to able to see better than have a cool design while having it be a hassle.
I posted a similar playlist glitch earlier during Pre-Release 1.445.0.0 for the Halo CE Playlist menu and I have found a similar glitch now in the Halo 2 playlist menus. Here's my earlier post:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/mcc-insider---flight-3-feedback---misc-other/9675ca46-0dc8-48f8-92a6-b25d87fdc48b/posts?page=5#post82
---
And here's my post for the current issue
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: In the Halo 2 playlist menu, I experienced a glitch where the Easy and Legendary Campaign would not be displayed as the selected playlist when I chose it. All the other Halo 2 playlists displayed properly when I chose them. I selected the Arbiter's Journey playlist then I chose the Legendary playlist. The playlist displayed at the top of the screen did not change when it was supposed to and still said Arbiter's Journey. I started the game and it loaded the Legendary playlist - resuming my progress.
  • REPRO STEPS: Go into the Halo 2 playlist and select the Easy and Legendary Campaign. It may not show as the currently selected playlist at the top of the screen.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_COG0ZUVHM
I am not sure what causes it, but each time I install or reinstall MCC Insider it sets the language to german. I don't even live in Germany, nor do I even speak german. And my Xbox is set to Danish and my location is Denmark.
I think it's the 3rd time I report that from 4-5 builds ago. A very silly bug, maybe just some texture or id missing like already happened with previous, already fixed, bugs.

• MCC HALO GAME: Halo3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Black footprints/pieces of ice in snowy levels, both multiplayer and single player.
  • REPRO STEPS: Start any multi or campaign level with snow and jump or do anything to "move" some snow
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: MCC -> https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjQ2hdoGWFvOgch9juBj-_9rbvgqyA Halo3 original -> https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjQ2hdoGWFvOgch-fZKNN6UoB2pTcA
  • MCC HALO GAME: CE, 2, 3 and, 4
  • FEEDBACK: Multiple times throughout all four Halo games the music is much louder than the voice volume. Please if possible add more options to Audio settings. Please add a Music, Effects, Voiceover volume slider just like in Halo 5. There has been many of times I can't tell what is happening unless I turn on subtitles.
MCC GAME: Halo CE, 2, 3

FEEDBACK: Here are some things I noticed while playing through the insider game today:
-(this one's more of a nitpick) I noticed the "back" is almost touching the symbol for the B button when viewing the maps in a playlist
-halo ce spawns are a bit broken (although I think that's just classic ce charm I don't know if that can even be fixed)
-lag seemed to be non-existent except for a brief moment while playing a CE match
-i love how the game keeps you in a lobby after a game it's a wonderful much needed addition
-games start SO fast which is nice, and I don't know if I just didn't take a close enough look, but it seems to me that there isn't any indication of when the game is going to start
-i think a voting or veto system would help out very much in solving map fatigue, although it seems that now I am playing on a variety of maps I've somehow never played in the MCC, as well as no repeats (probably due to the addition of post game lobbies
-the UI and menus for the customization and career are still clunky and feel a bit separated
-add reach please :)

Overall it is a wonderful experience, and while some problems remain, as well as a need for additional features and tweaks, it is well on its way, a bit late, by nonetheless I am gratefulful.
I love what you guys do and Halo means so much to me so thank you for keeping it alive.
  1. Halo Game: halo 2 classic and anniversary
  2. it'd be really nice if you'd include the halo 3 bumper jumper control scheme in halo 2 since as of right now the only bumper jumping option in halo 2 has you thumbing the d-pad to change grenades while a does nothing but dual wield things. (alternately it'd be really nice if we could just have an option to rebind the controls to our heart's content in all 4 games)
also

1. Halo Game: halo ce
  2. I'm gonna keep harping on this, but give us an option to use the original sound effects, why this continues to be absent has baffled me since the release of Halo Anniversary in 2011 and baffles me to this day.
  1. Halo Game: halo 2 classic and anniversary
  2. it'd be really nice if you'd include the halo 3 bumper jumper control scheme in halo 2 since as of right now the only bumper jumping option in halo 2 has you thumbing the d-pad to change grenades while a does nothing but dual wield things. (alternately it'd be really nice if we could just have an option to rebind the controls to our heart's content in all 4 games)
also

1. Halo Game: halo ce
  2. I'm gonna keep harping on this, but give us an option to use the original sound effects, why this continues to be absent has baffled me since the release of Halo Anniversary in 2011 and baffles me to this day.
This isn't feedback. This is wishlist material.

Please use the correct thread.
MCC HALO GAME: ALL \ GENERAL
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: CANNOT LAUNCH
REPRO STEPS: Attempt to launch from dash or app manager. Game has been showing as “Ready to Lahnch” from about 7%, currently at 27% but will still not launch. Crashes to dash after showing splash screen.
ADDITIONAL INFO: YT link - https://youtu.be/qdVnpFsfGFg
Upload studio is being -Yoink- so excuse the phone video.
Have tried powering down console, pausing install etc etc by always same result.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 4
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The draw distance seems to be extremely lowered, with map textures and grass either despawning, or becoming nothing more than blurs at no more than 10 feet away at times.
  • REPRO STEPS: Go into Custom Games, select Halo 4, load up Infinity Rumble on Exile, (map I discovered this on).
Short clip showing off the draw distance.
Hey I just downloaded mcc insider. But here is the catch it is all in German even the campaign is in German. I am Dutch and I can understand abit of German but I prefer English or what would be super cool is if it was in dutch but that will not happen. If any of you know how to change the mcc insider to englisj please help me
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 9