Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insider - Flight 3 Phase 2 Feedback - Other

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. ...
  8. 9
  • Enter Matchmaking On Real-Time: In Halo 5 like Forge version, your able to join any match even if its already on going, that should be considered on MCC instead of punish people when is leaving, to re-fill again the server for new people.
  • Maps Playlist: Use all available Maps and Weapons on the entire playlist, some of them focuses on all Halo Games, but they just cover selected few maps on the playlist. Like use Bigger Maps on small players and Vice versa, use weapons on most matches, use underrated maps on playlists that no one can choose, automatic selection.
Disagree. I am among the many, many, many players who are sick and tired of matches getting terminated because the entire enemy team quits or when you end up being the only person in your team because all your team-mates bail. Some people are justified in leaving mid-match, but most of the time its because their favorite map or gamemode wasn't picked. People who leave their games should be punished with de-ranks or a temporary ban (with the ban getting more and more in amount the more the player leaves the game).

I am partial with the joining of matches mid-game, roughly because of the high probability that you'll be wedged into a game that's nearly over. If 343i can make it so players can join during the first half then I don't see why not.

As for the Maps playlist, I agree this should be implemented on social playlists. Not competitive play.

As for a bug, is 343i going to fix CE's overpowered magnum? While its ridiculous capacities originated with the game's original release I do find it really game-breaking. The spawn system still has players spawn right in front of you as well. Thanks.
N7 Fordo wrote:
As for a bug, is 343i going to fix CE's overpowered magnum? While its ridiculous capacities originated with the game's original release I do find it really game-breaking. The spawn system still has players spawn right in front of you as well. Thanks.
That's a feature, not a bug.

And CE spawns are entitle dependent on where your teammates and opponents are.
CoDinks wrote:
I registered for the Insider a few days ago and got accepted and still haven't recieved the option to join and download in the Insider Hub. I did the survey and everything too.
UDATE: I just got it in the Insider Hub as of late afternoon.
Here are some issues I’ve witnessed about the flight currently in general:

Many people are having issues with intelligent downloading. I have not personally seen these, as I have intentionally avoided intelligent delivery as to not risk it, but I have seen a YouTuber experience it and in his comment section many others say they have as well. Here is a link to a video on the topic of MCC insider flight three issues by said YouTuber, the first being that of corrupt game downloads with intelligent delivery: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dsS7cOM4q4w. As far as I’m aware, all you have to do to get these issues is to uninstall then reinstall one of the specific games‘ campaigns or multiplayer and you then have a chance at experiencing these issues. Also, once when I paused at the campaign selection menu where you can choose a campaign to go into, the build began to slow down and eventually froze and I had to restart the build to fix it. I don’t know how to specifically cause this glitch to happen, other than pausing in the menu, or at least in the campaign selection menu. Finally, several times after exiting out of a mission from a campaign other than CE, I was instantly sent to the CE quickstart difficulty selection menu for no apparent reason. To activate the glitch, all I know what to do is to simply exit a playthrough of a campaign other than CE.
I have an issue where my build wont open.it shows the title thumbnail comes up then it goes back to the dashboard.
How can I support them so that this is more effective I can post videos or animations here on the blog?
I can't find any game's
◾ MCC HALO GAME: Entire MCC
◾ ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Improving accessibility for Halo players without sight
◾ ADDITIONAL INFO:

I am, for those who are unaware, a gamer without sight (GWS). To clarify, I've never had any sight whatsoever. As a result, sighted assistance is required for the vast majority of games. This usually, in terms of the Halo franchise, means the assistance of a co-op partner over Xbox Live.

Given that the MCC is undergoing what looks to be an ongoing set of updates, I have a few suggestions that would improve the experience for gamers such as myself who might want to experience the majority of the Halo series:

1. Spoken menus and UI elements:

Given that the MCC opens with a "hub menu" allowing you to adjust settings, set up what you're playing and invite co-op partners etc, it would be great if a GWS has the ability to customise everything to their liking. Currently, the menus have no audio prompts to indicate what option you're selecting (unless you count the score for the campaign menus, which I do not in this context).

The technology to resolve this issue does in fact exist, as unveiled at GDC2017 in the form of the Microsoft Speech Synthesis API (mSSA), though engine-level support is needed for this to be implemented from what I understand. The GDC reveal is available at the link below:
https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/GDC/GDC-2017/GDC2017-009

This technology (currently not in use in any commercial game as of the time of writing) would allow, if implemented, not only reading of the hub menus but also in-game options menus, for the campaigns and multiplayer amongst others. The end result would allow for greater customisation for the entire experience. Whilst a co-op partner would still be required for the games themselves, being able to set up exactly what you want would make the process of initiating such experiences much easier.

2. UI audio improvements:

To go hand-in-hand with the point above, the current UI, also used in the retail MCC build, is very quiet when moving up/down/left/right/back etc. This means that it's possible to rapidly be very confused as to how many options you've moved in those directions. Given that the UI in general is being overhauled and the aforementioned possibilities afforded by the MSSA, I think it would be a definite improvement to have new UI SFX to both assist those who work with audio alone and provide a fresh feel to the game.

3. Accessibility options in-game:

This final point might be pushing it, though given that code modifications are being made to the various games in this franchise, it would be great to see additional accessibility options for GWS, with the main one being a navigation aid for campaign similar to Gears of War 4's Fabricator Ping option. The option in Halo would have to account for ledges/jumps etc but that could be achieved by adding an additional tone or modulation on it such that if a player is on a path that would result in their death, they know about it in time to turn back and go the correct way. Sounds for interactive objects wouldn't go amiss either, including weapons, ammo, grenades and button prompts (e.g. terminals/doors etc), though not overloading the player is of key concern when tackling this area.

I hope these suggestions are useful and if any players (inside 343 or otherwise) want to see how things could be improved, try playing the game with your eyes closed, monitor off, just with the audio alone and see how far you get/what you need help with.

I'd be interested to hear how far players get in this new set of circumstances and I'm open, privately so as not to derail the thread, to answering any questions on the accessibility of Halo without sight from interested players.

Keep up the great work and information distribution with regards to MCC.
I have an issue where my build wont open.it shows the title thumbnail comes up then it goes back to the dashboard.
Try doing a hard reset of your console:
  • Close all open apps and games
  • Hold the button on the front of your box until it turns off
  • Unplug the power cable for 30 secs
  • Plug back in and turn back on then try opening the game
If that fails, you may have to uninstall and reinstall the latest build
How can I support them so that this is more effective I can post videos or animations here on the blog?
You can add a text link here to any video clips you have. Alternatively if it's an issue you want to report, you can use the feedback hub - hold in the Xbox button on your controller, as if you were turning your Xbox off, but select "Report a problem". You can submit video clips there as well. There's a video tutorial here on how to submit feedback clips for MCC Insiders: https://youtu.be/j2UHd9R9fY4?t=513
MCC HALO GAME: ALL \ GENERAL
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: CANNOT LAUNCH
REPRO STEPS: Attempt to launch from dash or app manager. Game has been showing as “Ready to Lahnch” from about 7%, currently at 27% but will still not launch. Crashes to dash after showing splash screen.
ADDITIONAL INFO: YT link - https://youtu.be/qdVnpFsfGFg
Upload studio is being -Yoink- so excuse the phone video.
Have tried powering down console, pausing install etc etc by always same result.
DaiVersity US, Further to this, the full install completed.
At no point during the download was I able to launch the game.
When I tried ro launch after it finished, was prompted to do a 2gb update.
At the conclusion of the update, the game still would still not launch - would show splash screen and crash back to dash repeatedly, Same behaviour as per my video and what you are experincing.
75 odd GB for nothing!

Tried to reset console etc and nothing made any difference.
Just uninstalled the game and began the download again.
After a few mins, got to 4% and was able to launch to menu without issue.

Obviously a key piece of the executable/menu/UI etc was missing or corrupt the first time around.
Would strongly suggest some sort of checksum for subsequent builds and for the final product to avoid this amd also the incomplete/missing game chunk problem some people are having....
  • MCC HALO GAME: All MCC games
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The Campaign Mission & MP Loading Scenes are still the retail design. They should be darker blue to match the new main menu & UI aesthetic.
  • REPRO STEPS: Load any Campaign Mission or MP map
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Example Picture
Please add ODST Firefight with matchmaking

Please add Halo Reach single and multiplayer

I second adding ODST firefight, but adding Halo: Reach is albit overkill. The game is big enough as it is.
N7 Fordo wrote:

I second adding ODST firefight, but adding Halo: Reach is albit overkill. The game is big enough as it is.
Agree to disagree. As far as I'm concerned MCC should be a hub for all things Halo FPS. I would go so far as to rename it so that I don't have to listen to people whine about how there's no Master Chief in an included game. Personally I would love it to be a hub for all things Halo but only if it's set up right. I want all Halo titles to be added to the collection for free once the following title comes out. Update and Maintain.
N7 Fordo wrote:

Agree to disagree. As far as I'm concerned MCC should be a hub for all things Halo FPS. I would go so far as to rename it so that I don't have to listen to people whine about how there's no Master Chief in an included game. Personally I would love it to be a hub for all things Halo but only if it's set up right. I want all Halo titles to be added to the collection for free once the following title comes out. Update and Maintain.
I agree.
Another bug (it is also a bug in retail MCC). When you look at the player details after a game, the current highest skill will show the same number if you first press right bumper and then goes back. For instance, if my skill is 30 I can switch between the players and it will show the correct rank, but if a press the left bumper to go back the last rank I saw will show up for everyone.

Please use the wish list thread for things like this, thanks. This thread is for collating feedback / issues / bugs relating to the current flight, if you have any feedback like that to offer then please use the template provided in the first post
Hi!

I was curious if there was going to be any work done on enhancing the colors of the game?

I have a 55" LED | 4k | HDR television and the colors are noticeably faded.

PS. The game is running super nicely for me on X1X and I'm having a blast trying out the updates. Great job team!
gorliggs wrote:
Hi!

I was curious if there was going to be any work done on enhancing the colors of the game?

I have a 55" LED | 4k | HDR television and the colors are noticeably faded.

PS. The game is running super nicely for me on X1X and I'm having a blast trying out the updates. Great job team!
I also have a 55" LED, 4k, HDR TV and the colours are popping. Keep in mind there are many factors that can affect colour quality.

First off not everyones interpretation of colour is the same, especially when it comes to TV's. Many people watch terribly calibrated TV's, then when they get a new TV they calibrate it to look as close as they can to their old TV which likely had a poorer image quality. The end result is another poorly calibrated TV.

Secondly not all 4k HDR TV's are the same.
- If your 4K HDR enabled TV doesn't have a WCG 10bit panel then this is your first hurdle. No point in having HDR if your TV can't properly display it. https://www.cnet.com/how-to/what-is-wide-color-gamut-wcg/.
-No less important is how the TV is backlit. The term LED just refers to the lightsource, it's nothing overly fancy. What you want to look for is what type of local dimming it may use. This feature has only recently started to become more available on basic TV's. Poor quality backlighting means less control over contrast which means poor quality black levels which results in washed out colours. https://www.cnet.com/news/led-local-dimming-explained/.

**If your TV is an OLED then it is a god among TV's.**
Check if your TV has the goods. Here is a site that offers a full break down on popular TV's. https://www.rtings.com/.

Assuming your TV meets the requirements, make sure that you actually have HDR enabled. https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-one-x-hdr.
If all is well the next question is, has it been calibrated correctly? Proper calibration can be a nightmare, which is why there are people that get paid good money to run around calibrating high end displays. For the rest of us there's the internet, a bunch of crappy services or your Xbox. Your Xbox may not be the worlds greatest calibration tool but it will do a reasonable good job, and hey you've already got it. If you haven't already massively altered your TV's default calibration this should be a relatively quick and painless process. http://ca.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/How_To_Calibrate_Your_TV_For_Xbox_One_X.

Let's assume you have already done all of this, but for some reason your picture is still a little bright and washy well 343 has you covered. They also included a little fine tuner for your HDR needs. Scroll down to find a screenshot here https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-4.

Hope that helps.
this also happens to me aswell.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. ...
  8. 9