Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insider - Flight 3 Phase 2 Feedback - Other

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. ...
  6. 9
MCC HALO GAMES: Halo CE
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Green Thumb button layout

On the Green Thumb button layout for Halo CE, Zoom should be set to B, as it was in the original release. However, in both retail and Insider MCC, Switch Grenades is currently assigned to B, while Zoom is on RB:

http://halobugs.com/images/OG_Green_Thumb_xbox.jpg

https://1drv.ms/u/s!As6vGdRtg0ocgQEjCToxV2LC8fS8

It appears that this was actually intentional, meaning to match Halo CE Anniversary's controls ("Default" = Anniversary Default, "The Duke" = original Default). However, it leaves Halo CE as an outlier, as Halo 2 and Halo 3 both have their original release assignments of Zoom on B:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!As6vGdRtg0ocf1kY40DtekrZRu4

https://1drv.ms/u/s!As6vGdRtg0ocgQTdqgncV9y5Yn-q

If 343 is intent on keeping the Halo CE Anniversary layouts, a "The Duke Green Thumb" layout is necessary. Though, I would prefer ditching "The Duke" and making everything match the original releases, just moving the White and Black button assignments to the bumpers.

P.S. Speaking of those bumper assignments, on The Duke layout, Flashlight is on the right, and Switch Grenades is on the left, while both Halo 2's Default and Green Thumb layouts in MCC are the opposite. To me, the former makes more sense, as left trigger has always been the default trigger for Throw Grenade, not to mention the grenade HUD icons are always on the left. An even better solution, though, would be the ability to swap bumpers independently of triggers.
Halo 3 multiplayer: Having trouble with shot registration in Hardcore. takes about 3 shots to kill somebody when they’re one shot, and its consistent too meaning it happens alot. Also beat downs, it’s hard to throw out a beat down if the other person hits reacts faster. Very rare it is to trade kills via beatdown.Team killing is very bad too. Would be nice if friendly fire was off considsering teammates kill each other for sniper making the teammate to quit or return the favor. Would be nice to have a Veto button when selecting maps. And it would be nice to see ranks before the game starts! Other than that this game runs way better than MCC!
if you're in the middle of searching and there's a playlist update on MCC:Insider, there is no pop-up or any indication that you may have to download the newest playlist update. I was searching for at least a half an hour before I reset the game and found games. Even if you go back, the same playlists are still there except you won't find a game.
John Rmx wrote:
John Rmx wrote:
I think it's the 3rd time I report that from 4-5 builds ago. A very silly bug, maybe just some texture or id missing like already happened with previous, already fixed, bugs.

• MCC HALO GAME: Halo3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Black footprints/pieces of ice in snowy levels, both multiplayer and single player.
  • REPRO STEPS: Start any multi or campaign level with snow and jump or do anything to "move" some snow
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: MCC -> https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjQ2hdoGWFvOgch9juBj-_9rbvgqyA Halo3 original -> https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjQ2hdoGWFvOgch-fZKNN6UoB2pTcA
This is still to be fixed in 1.507.0.0
Just noticed this has been introduced in insider build, not present in original MCC
LAN TOPIC: hello guys! thank you so much for the opportunity to play the insider program, i tried with my friends play LAN, it was awesome, very sucessfull, like old time, the only thing i would like to share is the inability to change the nicknames of the other players, we had all players with "PhOboSurF guest2, PhOboSurF guest 3 and go on..., it will be possible to create nicknames for every player like xbox360 did it? to create profiles without "guest but being guest", just to personalize the names of eachother?

thank you so much and
Game: MCC menu.
Issue: When I turned off my Xbox a few hours earlier, I forgot to shut down MCC Insider. When I turned it back on and entered Insider, it took around 30 seconds to become unfrozen after having froze, and even then I had to turn my controller off and back on to get it to work with the game.
Steps: Turn off your Xbox without exiting MCC Insider, turn it back on, enter Insider, and this may happen.
Other Info: This was on an Xbox One S in Omega build UI. It didn't use the longer power on options or anything like that, just the quick ones.
  • MCC HALO GAME: MCC's Main Screen
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Main menu screen getting messed up a bit when disconnecting from a game in a weird instance.
  • REPRO STEPS: I was in an intense game of sticky ball Halo 4 (wasn't intense), then my brother signed into my account on his Xbox, so MCC sent me all the way back to the main screen of MCC. Was granted with this picture, but with the button blacked out.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: https://imgur.com/a/QdT7TXf
Pretty sure this is just a flight thing, and would happen if you disconnected from Xbox Live, signed out, etc. Any odd unintentional form of quitting that the game isn't used to.

Also that probably count as a quit... So just saying, it wasn't me intentionally quitting, lol.
PhOboSurF wrote:
LAN TOPIC: hello guys! thank you so much for the opportunity to play the insider program, i tried with my friends play LAN, it was awesome, very sucessfull, like old time, the only thing i would like to share is the inability to change the nicknames of the other players, we had all players with "PhOboSurF guest2, PhOboSurF guest 3 and go on..., it will be possible to create nicknames for every player like xbox360 did it? to create profiles without "guest but being guest", just to personalize the names of eachother?

thank you so much and
Yeah this was the only thing that annoyed me about the LAN too. This is an Xbox operating system thing I believe though. As even when offline you need a profile logged in when playing games. It's the same on Gears of War 4, even when totally offline.
On a brighter note we never noticed any of the hit registration problems or melee problems when on LAN. Leads me to believe it possibly could be a latency problem or a server side issue.
Ready for the retail update
I just got done playing a match of team hardcore and after winning i went from a level 25 all the way to a level 1!! Lmao i tried resetting the game and it seems i can’t even find a hardcore game now.
// BUG REPORT - MCC Insider Flight 3 || Build 1.507.0.0 //

While having the roster menu pulled up on the side, buttons other than the left stick make sounds when navigating up/down/left/right. The includes the bumpers and triggers when held down.

Additional Info:
* Left stick is working as expected 100%!
* Left and right triggers are working as expected BUT the issue is once they reach their maximum travel, the sound keeps playing when held down or when pressed again.
* Bumpers do not move the selection up and down.
* Right stick should have no functionality, but it plays the sound clip in any direction.
* All other buttons working as expected.
I can't read the incoming message in halo ce in the very beginning after receiving the empty pistol
I'm still hoping we can receive a new Universal Control setting option. Something that'll be more akin to Halo 5: Guardians' default control setting.

Left Trigger (LT) - Zoom (defaulted to a new non-toggle option for classic titles)/Use Secondary Weapon (H2, H2A & H3)/Vehicular E-Brake or Power Slide/Vehicular Boost

Righter Trigger (RT) - Use Primary Weapon/Vehicle Horn

Right Bumper (RB) - Melee/Banshee Flip Technique/Vehicular Airbrake or Superglide Technique/H3's Hornet Ascend

Left Bumper (LB) - Throw Grenade/H3's Hornet Descend

Left Thumbstick Click (LS) - Toggle Zoom Level (CE, H2, H2A & H3 - when no secondary weapon)/Reload Secondary Weapon (H3)/Sprint (H4)

Right Thumbstick Click (RS) - Crouch (defaulted to non-toggle)

Y Button - Change Weapon/Duel Wield (H2, H2A & H3)/Swap Secondary Weapon (H2, H2A & H3)

X Button - Actions/Swap Primary Weapon/Reload (for H3 this references the Primary Weapon Reload)

B Button - Use Flashlight (CE - multiplayer & campaign/H2 - campaign only)/Use Arbiter's Active Camo (H2 - campaign only)/Use Equipment (H3)/Use VISR (ODST)/Use Armor Ability (H4)

A Button – Jump

Left & Right D-Pad - Switch Grenades (cycle left and right)

Up D-Pad - Multiplayer Teamchat (CE, H2, & H3)/H3's (Campaign Only) Flashlight/Campaign Waypoints (ODST)/Toggle Zoom Level (H4)

Down D-Pad - Toggle Zoom Level (CE, H2, H2A, H3, & H4)

Button combo of some type to enact the "Lower Weapon" action for Machinima purposes.
When you have the pirate emblem and the cowboy hat equipped at the same time there is a gap between the pirate's head and the cowboy hat. It's a very small gap but it's noticeable can you please shrink the gap so that it is all one piece. It was all one cohesive unit on regular halo 3.
* MCC game: this is related to the MCC game itself.
* Issue: the User Interface (UI) freezes when you change your account; a message appears saying: "returning to main menu", but it doesn't work.
* Repro steps: load the game with an account. Move through the menus and then change the account.
* Additional info: in the Insider build you can't even press the "Accept" button, so it never finishes. However, in the retail MCC case it succesfully returns to main menu, but it is frozen.
The southpaw configuration on this sucks. The layout is different on every single halo game including MCC & MCC insider. Could not be more frustrated with the lack of love for the southpaw players.
Does anyone know of a way to access/download Insider DVR clips that doesn't involve the Xbox desktop app? I'm not able to download the app and I cannot see any Insider clips on xboxdvr.com?
Does anyone know of a way to access/download Insider DVR clips that doesn't involve the Xbox desktop app? I'm not able to download the app and I cannot see any Insider clips on xboxdvr.com?
OneDrive. It's less hassle than going to a site or loading up an app. You just open the folder and there's your stuff.
Being able to download certain parts off mcc is gone,tbh myself,i hate that idea,it needs to stay.Also,the multiplayer is great.
OneDrive. It's less hassle than going to a site or loading up an app. You just open the folder and there's your stuff.
Ah thank you very much, I had forgotten about this option!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. ...
  6. 9