Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insider Feedback Thread

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Please use this official thread to share any and all MCC Insider Feedback.

If you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to the MCC Insider, please include as much detail as possible.
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Thank you!
I'm assuming this is mainly for feedback on the modern control schemes for Halo CE, 2,and 3, or would you like people to go further in detail to look for the upcoming bug fixes to the games as well? If you guys can provide us with the bug fixes scheduled to be fixed with the upcoming patch I'm sure anyone that's on this weekend would be happy to give feedback to make sure everything scheduled to be fixed for the patch is flawless for its release.
I think there's a bug or possible oversight with the new aim controls setting. You can toggle the aim controls for Halo 4 to be either Classic or Modern; since Halo 4 has always used modern aim controls wouldn't setting it to classic make Halo 4 aim like the older Halos? This might be intentional; could you clarify this for me? According to Postums "This toggle will make other titles feel more like H2A/H4 input if Modern is selected." Source: https://twitter.com/343Postums/status/1068749272294674433
  • MCC HALO GAME: All
  • ISSUE: UI texts
  • REPRO STEPS: In "Social Games" selection, first introduction card text is "Competitive Games", it should be "Social Games".
Where is the "Network" tab with all the data centers in Settings? Aren't they needed for being able to search better in matchmaking?
  • MCC HALO GAME: Finding game in social (all games and all game modes selected, 4v4).
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Game froze on my Options & Career tabs, then it quit the build and brought me back to the Xbox Home Screen.
  • REPRO STEPS: I started by trying to find a game in the social lobby. I selected all games and all gametypes for 4v4 and went to find a game. When 6 players were found, I pressed my start button to select "Options and Career", as I was scrolling over to my nameplates, the game froze and quit the build. I tried this again when I restarted the game, and it didn't freeze a second time. Probably an outlier.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Pretty straightforward; wasn't able to capture a video or picture of the screen when it happened.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Finding game in social (all games and objective game modes selected, 4v4).
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Waiting a little while for it searching for players, we got up to 7 out of 8, then it kicked it back and popped up an error message "You have been removed from matchmaking due to an idling player in your party.", well I was playing on my own.
  • REPRO STEPS: I started by trying to find a game in the social lobby. I selected all games and objective gametypes for 4v4 and went to find a game. It took a while and as we got to 7 players were found, it kicked me from matchmaking and gave me the message.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Well, I didn't press any controls on my controller while it was searching for other players, so possibly there's a bug that will kick people while searching if it takes too long and they don't press any buttons on their controller while waiting?
https://twitter.com/AceSMcCloud/status/1074040787845951488 for screenshot.

I understand from Postums, this maybe intended behaviour, and after 3 minutes of being "idle" while searching for a match, you are kicked from matchmaking. Not sure I've seen this in any other multiplayer game, it's essentially kicking players for not fiddling with their controller while waiting for a game.

If you really want to kick players that do go idle while searching before they get into a game, then perhaps instead of kicking people saying they were idle, how about a message to popup saying "Are you still there?" with a yes prompt, and a countdown to be "auto removed".

I think that would be a better user experience and still do what you want.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Classic and Halo 3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: In Halo 2 Classic I have noticed that beatdowns are much harder to land than any of the other Halo games. I tend to lunge past enemies or my beatdown just does no damage a lot of the time in Halo 2 Classic. In Halo 3 the spawn system could use some tweaking. I have had a handful of instances where I either spawn right next to or right behind the enemy. Same goes for the enemy spawning right behind me and getting a easy kill on me. These spawns happen in any Halo 3 gametype I have noticed.
Played 14 matches around the allotted time just now. It felt fantastic, but I was getting more blood shots than normal. It could be because I’m playing with players that could be further away than the regular MCC games, but I was having constant issues with empty shots in social H3 and headshots only taking shields down in H3 Swat.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: There are players who are shooting and when they are hit they do not die. Already happened several times in the first session.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Play more than 15 games and in only 2 there were players who left or afk. It has improved a lot since last time, I admit it..
  • MCC HALO GAME: MCC Insider. H2C & H3.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Diagonal Slow-Turn with "Modern" Aim Control settings on Legacy Thumbstick Layout.
  • REPRO STEPS: Choose Legacy Thumbstick Layout with Modern Aim Control settings, get in a custom game on H2C or H3 and try to aim diagonally. SIGNIFICANT Slow-Turn occurs making the game unplayable with those settings. Please fix!
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: This also happened after a major update like 2-3 years ago. It only affected me on H2A & H4 (same engine) and I could literally not play those games for over 2 years because of the insane slow-turn. There are google results that show threads where this was happening to other players who also play on Legacy around that same time frame.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Do not make non-constructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
I have to give credit where credit is due: I'm incredibly impressed with the modern aim setting. I really had no hope something like this would ever be added because it seems like a sort of niche competitive thing, but wow, thank you so much for doing it. It changes so much for me. Ever since Halo 3 came out and I split my time between that game and Modern Warfare, I always felt like Halo's aim behavior was extremely dated and clunky. I can't believe that finally, a decade later, I can experience awesome aim controls for the OG games. I remember threads on the old Bungie forums about this stuff like the want for acceleration options, and hoping the issue would get addressed, but it never was. But finally, here we are. Now there's only two things left that'd I'd love to see someday. One, a hit detection revamp (because unfortunately the current hit registration is still very inconsistent in the OG games and feels very dated compared to what you can expect in almost any modern FPS). Two, and this is obviously just wishful thinking, a PC version of the game.
The modern control scheme is amazing, I played 5 games last night in BTB, one Halo CE and the rest Halo 2, all I have to say is it's going to be hard going back to the regular MCC build until the patch hits next week, also I noticed even more improvements to Halo CE's netcode. Keep up the great work.
"Modern aim controls":
I don't play any "modern" shooters as I don't enjoy ADS, super quick TTK, abilities and all the other stuff they added to shooters within the last 10 years, so I can't really compare to modern games. The most modern shooter I played is H5, which I really didn't enjoy for the reasons I just listed.
I can only speak for CE and H2C, but I really don't enjoy the modern setting at all. It seems aim acceleration is more of a curve than a linear increase, which feels super weird and there seems to be a ton of aim smoothing and other things I really don't enjoy in there as well. Therefore, I am very happy that the classic option is still in there, and I can confirm that both games are still fairly close to the original feels when you select that setting. Since CE aiming was just fixed with the last patch, I am very happy to see that it did not break again. Again thank you so much for allowing us to stick with the "classic" settings. I have put thousands upon thousands of hours into CE and H2C on the original Xbox and I am glad that I can continue to play with the aiming I have gotten used to so much!

Netcode:
I noticed vast improvements with H2C. Melees used to have like a 80% chance of not connecting, it is way better now. The lunge still feels kinda weird compared to og though, but when you see something "connect" on your screen, it actually damages your opponnent now which is fantastic. The hit registration has also been greatly improved for both the BR and the snipe. Especially the BR is like night and day, long range, which was >50% miss before, now works really well. Its still far from the original, but this is a great first step towards improving it. H2C on Xbox One has by far the worst detection out of any shooter I have ever played atm, so I am very happy to see improvements made. Keep up the great work! Kudos to whoever worked on it, you did a great job lad! Please keep up the good work, I am very much so looking forward to seeing further improvements made.
I am not too sure about CE though. Sometimes it feels better, sometimes it feels worse. I'll try again tonight and provide additional feedback. The pistol still seems odd, but the other weapons do feel improved. I also noticed an increase in the stun from plasma weapons, which is fantastic as they have been pretty much useless in some previous MCC builds. The shotgun also seems greatly improved.

H2C BR sound distortion:
This has been in MCC since day 1 and it is especially bad in splitscreen, so I am very happy so say that I have not encountered it thus far. It would be really great to finally see this very annoying bug disappear.

Sadly a very serious bug from h2c was not fixed in this, so I'll re-report it here:
  • MCC HALO GAME: H2C
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: There is a button glitch that is neither in the original Xbox version or the pc version. You can do a mid-clip BXR, by hitting Melee +Shoot at roughly the same time and then pressing reload. It only works if your clip is not full and it does allow you to pull of a BXR when you normally shouldn't be able to. This obviously greatly affects balance, especially when playing with BR starts only as you usually have a choice between shooting and then going for BXB or not shooting to go for a BXR in close quarter situations, with this you can always BXR, no matter what.
  • REPRO STEPS: Shoot with the BR so your clip is not full. Press Melee and Shoot at roughly the same time and follow it up with a reload.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
PS: Please make sure to actually read the feedback given in this thread this time around and pass it onto the guys working to fix this game. I reported the slow aiming from CE several times during the last insider and it still made it into the final release, making CE MCC unplayable for me and all my friends for several weeks. Also huge thanks to all the engineers working on this, I am so happy that you guys keep making this game better. I really do believe that it'll one day be a what it should have been all those years ago when it came out. Keep up the great work and know that we really appreciate all the hours you guys put in!
I feel like the modern aim option makes my sensitivity move slower. I know it changes the aim acceleration in some way. I perfer the classic aim settings.
  • MCC HALO GAME:Halo 3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK:For Halo 3 please show the right sandbox / foundry map on the loading screen as well as whether the game will be OBJ or slayer. Right now you do not know what the map will be when you get sandbox in BTB or foundry in hardcore because there are variants of each map in the playlists. I want the loading screen to say utah Mombo 1 flag CTF when loading up into the game. It should also have the blue print of the map rather than the generic sandbox. On the loading screen don't forget to have a separate slayer icon for slayer and slayer heavy.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAME: HALO 3
ISSUE: If you have the pirate emblem as your emblem foreground and the cowboy hat as the emblem background with no secondary color (31/31 option on the secondary color is clear) there is a gap between where the pirate's head ends and the cowboy hat starts. This gap has been present since the day MCC released and I would appreciate it if you could fix this graphical issue.
RETRO STEPS: go to emblem, choose pirate hat as foreground and cowboy hat as background, go to colors tab for the secondary color choose the 31st option which is clear and you should see the gap.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Original Halo 3 did not have this gap between the pirate's head and the cowboy hat.MCC version of emblem https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnKuYF1F2B7tghmgUznmoLDdhsd6Original halo 3 version https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnKuYF1F2B7tghrRvt5uq1pOladBI also want the gold 1 to gold 2 guardian jump to be put into the game. It's very hard to do it consistently on MCC.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game: Halo 3
Issue: The gold 1 to gold 2 jump on guardian is not as easy to do as compared to regular OG halo 3. Please make the ghost jump easier.
-------------------------

Feedback: Have a text box in the top right / left corner of the screen showing you what server you are on. If someone is in California and they are playing on a US east server they would like to know that information.
--------------------------------------------------

Feedback: Make some sort of EXP system like OG halo 3 had. It motivates people to play more and is a cool thing to look at when you have like 1928 EXP and want to get the highest EXP level in a playlist.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Anniversary
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: No one was able pick up the skull after a player quit the game.
  • REPRO STEPS: N/A
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: https://youtu.be/FXXOcUkciAQ Once the skull reset the issue resolved itself and the skull was able to be picked up again.
AceMcCloud wrote:
  • MCC HALO GAME: Finding game in social (all games and objective game modes selected, 4v4).
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Waiting a little while for it searching for players, we got up to 7 out of 8, then it kicked it back and popped up an error message "You have been removed from matchmaking due to an idling player in your party.", well I was playing on my own.
  • REPRO STEPS: I started by trying to find a game in the social lobby. I selected all games and objective gametypes for 4v4 and went to find a game. It took a while and as we got to 7 players were found, it kicked me from matchmaking and gave me the message.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Well, I didn't press any controls on my controller while it was searching for other players, so possibly there's a bug that will kick people while searching if it takes too long and they don't press any buttons on their controller while waiting?
https://twitter.com/AceSMcCloud/status/1074040787845951488 for screenshot.

I understand from Postums, this maybe intended behaviour, and after 3 minutes of being "idle" while searching for a match, you are kicked from matchmaking. Not sure I've seen this in any other multiplayer game, it's essentially kicking players for not fiddling with their controller while waiting for a game.

If you really want to kick players that do go idle while searching before they get into a game, then perhaps instead of kicking people saying they were idle, how about a message to popup saying "Are you still there?" with a yes prompt, and a countdown to be "auto removed".

I think that would be a better user experience and still do what you want.
^This
There should be a prompt that you need to accept if you went idle.
oGh L0RCH wrote:
PS: Please make sure to actually read the feedback given in this thread this time around and pass it onto the guys working to fix this game. I reported the slow aiming from CE several times during the last insider and it still made it into the final release, making CE MCC unplayable for me and all my friends for several weeks. Also huge thanks to all the engineers working on this, I am so happy that you guys keep making this game better. I really do believe that it'll one day be a what it should have been all those years ago when it came out. Keep up the great work and know that we really appreciate all the hours you guys put in!
Overall a great post with awesome feedback! My thoughts on your final point:
They definitely read all of these posts and feedback.
However, as you know, there were a bajillion things to fix (and still are many left), and had to prioritize them, as well as analyze and determine which might be easy, and which more tricky.
I'm sure your points are not falling on deaf ears, they just might not have been able to get to it yet!

Cheers.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2