Just wanted to re-touch on my inquires that I passed on via Twitter to Postums.
What are the differences between the dead zone adjustments between the MCC & H5?
As Postums mentioned, they are different. The MCC's is based on the "modern" aiming system of H4 and H2A; not H5. Is this because it was just more practical to work from something that was already in the game verses trying to build something new into the game based on another game?
Anyways, from what I can tell:
- H5 seems to use the axis adjustments to determine an inner dead zone. In other words, there appears to be a direct relationship between the size of the axis dead zones and, by default, an inner rectangular (only) dead zone. The other adjustment relates to an outer zone adjustment which seems to be reserved for modifying the size of the zone that contains the aim acceleration.
- MCC (based on H4 & H2A) seems to separate the axis adjustments from an inner dead zone. This seems to leave it up for interpretation as to whether the inner dead zone is a circular zone or a rounded rectangular zone (when the adjustment isn't matching the axis zone sizes). Meanwhile there doesn't appear to be an adjustment for controlling the size of the aim acceleration zone.
I'm still wondering if there are any other key differences beyond what I sensed?
Also, I very much am still hoping that we will be given an ability further adjust the Zoom mechanic for these classic titles by receiving a new separate mechanic button for toggling the zoom magnification level. I can't be the only person who's struggling with the Universal Zoom & Shoot control style due to the functional inconsistencies related toward the zoom mechanic trying to cover multiple functions.
I want to know that when I release the Left Trigger the Zoom mechanic will always 100% be released too and that I can use a separate mechanic button to toggle the magnification level of the Sniper Rifle similar to H5's Default or Helljumper controls. Personally, I want a control setup that's much more in-tune with H5 Guardians' default setting.
Here is the exact universal (LT=Zoom) scheme I, and I'm sure many others who've gotten use to H5's LT=Zoom, desire to use within the MCC (I call it Universal Guardians):
Left Trigger (LT)
- Zoom (defaulted to non-toggle)/Use Secondary Weapon (H2, H2A & H3)/Vehicular E-Brake or Power Slide/Vehicular Boost
Righter Trigger (RT)
- Use Primary Weapon/Vehicle Horn
Right Bumper (RB)
- Melee/Banshee Flip Technique/Vehicular Airbrake or Superglide Technique/H3’s Hornet Ascend
Left Bumper (LB)
- Throw Grenade/H3’s Hornet Descend
Left Thumbstick Click (LS)
Toggle Zoom Level (when zooming with a scope-able weapon)/Reload Secondary Weapon (H3)/Sprint (H4 - when not scoped)
Right Thumbstick Click (RS)
- Crouch (defaulted to non-toggle)
- Change Weapon/Duel Wield (H2, H2A & H3)/Swap Secondary Weapon (H2, H2A & H3)
- Actions/Swap Primary Weapon/Reload (for H3 this references the Primary Weapon Reload)
- Use Flashlight (CE - multiplayer & campaign/H2 - campaign only)/Use Arbiter’s Active Camo (H2 - campaign only)/Use Equipment (H3)/Use VISR (ODST)/Use Armor Ability (H4)
Left & Right D-Pad
- Switch Grenades (cycle left and right)
- Multiplayer Teamchat (CE, H2, & H3)/H3 (Campaign Only) Flashlight/Campaign Waypoints (ODST)
- Enacts the “Lower Weapon” action for Machinima purposes.