Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insider Feedback Thread

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Can’t find a game, I’ve searched for 10mins in 3 playlists with all halos checked I can’t find a game, it’s not on my end because I just switched over from playing mcc...what gives, I even booted my Xbox and restarted the build twice. I played just fine yesterday, not worth my time today..
  • MCC HALO GAME: All
  • ISSUE: UI sound effect plays twice in pause menu
  • REPRO STEPS: When opening the pause menu in all games, the sound effect will play twice. It also plays on top of another sound effect when selecting missions in the main menu and on the loading screen. Honestly, I'd remove this sound effect entirely because it's poorly implemented. Please fix this bug 343, it's been irritating me for too long.
AshamanND wrote:
oGh L0RCH wrote:
PS: Please make sure to actually read the feedback given in this thread this time around and pass it onto the guys working to fix this game. I reported the slow aiming from CE several times during the last insider and it still made it into the final release, making CE MCC unplayable for me and all my friends for several weeks. Also huge thanks to all the engineers working on this, I am so happy that you guys keep making this game better. I really do believe that it'll one day be a what it should have been all those years ago when it came out. Keep up the great work and know that we really appreciate all the hours you guys put in!
Overall a great post with awesome feedback! My thoughts on your final point:
They definitely read all of these posts and feedback.
However, as you know, there were a bajillion things to fix (and still are many left), and had to prioritize them, as well as analyze and determine which might be easy, and which more tricky.
I'm sure your points are not falling on deaf ears, they just might not have been able to get to it yet!

Cheers.
The guy working on the aiming changes told me that the report never made it to his desk, and he was very upset by that. That's why I pointed it out. Of course your point is generally true and anyone who is wondering why a certain bug has not been fixed yet should keep it in mind. I only added that part to my post since I know for a fact that something went wrong in the handling of feedback from the last insider.
Reporting some problems and inconsistencies in the last flight (16/Dec/2018)
  1. Halo MCC Game: H2A and H4, ISSUE/FEEDBACK: H4 MP, the hit registration is kinda messy. Sometimes it took the 4 BR shots to kill while sometimes it took up to 9 shots. Even when I was clearly aiming to the head in H2A. Also this problem showed up with the sniper when taking Headshots, it registered as bodyshot or it didn't registered it at all. It's also seen when shooting, I hit the 4 BR shots to the head but the hit and kill happened like 1/2 of a second or a second before. I felt that the problem was worse in H2A than in H4, but still it's there.
  2. HALO MCC Game: H4. ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The killcam was a total mess. It showed red/green reticle while aiming to corpses and the shots and player position doesn't matched what was happening.
  3. HALO MCC Game: H3 ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Especifically in the map Last Resort, the initial spawn points are quite unbalanced. While one team spawns in the shotgun spawn, the other gets spawned in the sniper nest, this giving enormous advantage to that team, at least in slayer, where everybody spawns with AR.
  4. HALO MCC Game: H:CE ISSUE/FEEDBACK: There was a problem with the rocket launcher. While I pulled the trigger, the animation and sound effect showed up, but the actual rocket fired one or two seconds later. It only happened in a single match. I verified that it wasn't lag's fault.
  5. HALO MCC Game: H:CE ISSUE/FEEDBACK: There was a a bug that showed up when teleporting. It took a lot of time to get teleported, but the actual player model was showing up in the exit end. However, the played had no control of its character and still could get shot.
  6. HALO MCC Game: H2 ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Some minor inconveniences showed up in H2. Where, although there was no lag (At least on my side) the game behaved like there was. This leading to players teleporting or getting killed from thin air.
  7. HALO MCC Game: All ISSUE/FEEDBACK: In almost every match I played, the score didn't registered my kills or my partners, or showed kill/death messages twice.
  8. HALO MCC Game: H3. Possibly all ISSUE/FEEDBACK: When setting the aiming, it didn´t saved it until the third match. This happened only with H3 control schemes.
  9. HALO MCC Game: All ISSUE/FEEDBACK: It would be nice to inform the players the type of match they're gonna play after the match begins.
Great test weekend ! Wished it was like one more day though .
How quickly I got loaded into the games was so so fast !
The shot registration is really good as well !!

cant wait to do more for this looking forward to being part of more tests
MCC HALO GAME:All ISSUE/FEEDBACK:Sometimes players wont load into the game and it will be a 3v4

MCC HALO GAME:All ISSUE/FEEDBACK:Hit registration is still bad probably just the servers https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Nn_237DC5afV7AmcSNH7nM6G0TfPIOUX

MCC HALO GAME:H2A ISSUE/FEEDBACK:Textures wont load when zoom in with sniper https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KDXVONVAxwIrr37JY4mi3-HcKxuNWgEs

MCC HALO GAME:H2 ISSUE/FEEDBACK:Player not taking damage next to walls https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vkSAvefuizwd6Tl_gxt8ees262oYiTWK

MCC HALO GAME:H3 ISSUE/FEEDBACK:Killed inside bubbleshield https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FKQUIualRFUhgpKUhrtSAWvmVUWqqGLN

MCC HALO GAME:UI ISSUE/FEEDBACK:Armor customization on halo 3 some shoulders are not Mark VI https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LzqqaQCa0isFNL29utVjllSpDCRpGMVY
  • ISSUE: Searching For Players...
  • REPRO STEPS: Search times are abysmal if you are not in the US regions. (This is NOT a population issue, which its often dismissed as and has been plaguing a lot of people even in retail MCC besides myself.) Short term solution I have found is to be in a fireteam with someone from the US, your search time will become almost instantaneous.
Halo Game Affected: Halo MCC - Matchmaking
Mission: N/A

Suggestion: Make the player able to crouch while walking in H2A

Can’t find a game, I’ve searched for 10mins in 3 playlists with all halos checked I can’t find a game, it’s not on my end because I just switched over from playing mcc...what gives, I even booted my Xbox and restarted the build twice. I played just fine yesterday, not worth my time today..
Insider population < MCC population

Especially after the Sept. update. I don't think nearly as many people are in there as there were before the initial big fix. I suspect once they got the game all gussied up in 4K, running properly, and showing off some new features, people starting dropping off. Not to mention many other Fall releases probably distracted a member or two ... I mean, it's not every year we get a Red Dead game, I couldn't help it. lol.

But for realsies, I had a rough time too yesterday. Only got one match of Swat magnums in Halo 3. Not much for testing the new aiming system when you don't even have a BR. But my work schedule on the weekend doesn't help with these tests either.
  • ISSUE: Searching For Players...
  • REPRO STEPS: Search times are abysmal if you are not in the US regions. (This is NOT a population issue, which its often dismissed as and has been plaguing a lot of people even in retail MCC besides myself.) Short term solution I have found is to be in a fireteam with someone from the US, your search time will become almost instantaneous.
Bro I understand you. I am from Argentina and in the November update I did not find games. But now I could and I played a lot. It's weird that you could not play.
Just wanted to re-touch on my inquires that I passed on via Twitter to Postums.

What are the differences between the dead zone adjustments between the MCC & H5?

As Postums mentioned, they are different. The MCC's is based on the "modern" aiming system of H4 and H2A; not H5. Is this because it was just more practical to work from something that was already in the game verses trying to build something new into the game based on another game?

Anyways, from what I can tell:

• H5 seems to use the axis adjustments to determine an inner dead zone. In other words, there appears to be a direct relationship between the size of the axis dead zones and, by default, an inner rectangular (only) dead zone. The other adjustment relates to an outer zone adjustment which seems to be reserved for modifying the size of the zone that contains the aim acceleration.
  • MCC (based on H4 & H2A) seems to separate the axis adjustments from an inner dead zone. This seems to leave it up for interpretation as to whether the inner dead zone is a circular zone or a rounded rectangular zone (when the adjustment isn't matching the axis zone sizes). Meanwhile there doesn't appear to be an adjustment for controlling the size of the aim acceleration zone.
I'm still wondering if there are any other key differences beyond what I sensed?

Also, I very much am still hoping that we will be given an ability further adjust the Zoom mechanic for these classic titles by receiving a new separate mechanic button for toggling the zoom magnification level. I can't be the only person who's struggling with the Universal Zoom & Shoot control style due to the functional inconsistencies related toward the zoom mechanic trying to cover multiple functions.

I want to know that when I release the Left Trigger the Zoom mechanic will always 100% be released too and that I can use a separate mechanic button to toggle the magnification level of the Sniper Rifle similar to H5's Default or Helljumper controls. Personally, I want a control setup that's much more in-tune with H5 Guardians' default setting.

Here is the exact universal (LT=Zoom) scheme I, and I'm sure many others who've gotten use to H5's LT=Zoom, desire to use within the MCC (I call it Universal Guardians):

Left Trigger (LT) - Zoom (defaulted to non-toggle)/Use Secondary Weapon (H2, H2A & H3)/Vehicular E-Brake or Power Slide/Vehicular Boost

Righter Trigger (RT) - Use Primary Weapon/Vehicle Horn

Right Bumper (RB) - Melee/Banshee Flip Technique/Vehicular Airbrake or Superglide Technique/H3’s Hornet Ascend

Left Bumper (LB) - Throw Grenade/H3’s Hornet Descend

Left Thumbstick Click (LS) - new Toggle Zoom Level (when zooming with a scope-able weapon)/Reload Secondary Weapon (H3)/Sprint (H4 - when not scoped)

Right Thumbstick Click (RS) - Crouch (defaulted to non-toggle)

Y Button - Change Weapon/Duel Wield (H2, H2A & H3)/Swap Secondary Weapon (H2, H2A & H3)

X Button - Actions/Swap Primary Weapon/Reload (for H3 this references the Primary Weapon Reload)

B Button - Use Flashlight (CE - multiplayer & campaign/H2 - campaign only)/Use Arbiter’s Active Camo (H2 - campaign only)/Use Equipment (H3)/Use VISR (ODST)/Use Armor Ability (H4)

A Button – Jump

Left & Right D-Pad - Switch Grenades (cycle left and right)

Up D-Pad - Multiplayer Teamchat (CE, H2, & H3)/H3 (Campaign Only) Flashlight/Campaign Waypoints (ODST)

Down D-Pad - Enacts the “Lower Weapon” action for Machinima purposes.
Had a lot of fun playing the insider sessions this weekend. I can't quantify it, but the modern aiming feels great, especially in Halo CE. I wasn't really complaining about it before, but I'm alright with it now. It might feel a little bit slower than before, but that's okay. I kind of think it made me a little bit better at shooting.

Cheers to 343i for continued progress on the MCC.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2