Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

[Locked] MCC Insider Flight #2 - Early Access Feedback!

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6
I am having download issues. It would get to 30% and just stop and repeat "installation stopped" with no error message.
You guys definitely need to make some fixes in ffa. Bro Obj isn't needed in ffa especially oddball. Should've just been slayer only. Every single game i've been in so far people have been complaining about how bad oddball ffa is. I've never met a person in ffa who says that they enjoy obj in it. Also 8 player ffa is horrible. Got people spawning behind me left and right. Should be 6 players max that's how many players regular ffa has and how many halo 3 had. These maps aren't made to handle 8 player free for all's. You got people spawning right in front of you and in every single corner. H3 head to head playlist was nice but ffa right now is unplayable. Definitely needs some fixes. Same how in h5 ffa went from 8 to 6 players because it was unplayable. This needs the same thing. Literally half the people i know playing this played a couple games saw how unplayable it was and left. This is all constructive criticism so don't take it the wrong way
SPARTANS,

A 2.3 GB update has just been released for the MCC Insider build. I am not sure what has been changed yet, but the Head to Head playlist has been replaced with FFA!
The bumper jumper controls (not universal bump and jump) for Halo 3 are still incorrect and have been for years. While in a vehicle, the A button should not do anything to vehicles. It should only switch grenades in your inventory. The LB button is the action button for vehicles like banshee flips or brakes in other vehicles. However, in Halo 3 on MCC, the A button is instead both the action button and grenade switch button while LB does nothing despite the fact that on screen prompts will tell you to use the LB button.
Avoideds wrote:
You guys definitely need to make some fixes in ffa. Bro Obj isn't needed in ffa especially oddball. Should've just been slayer only. Every single game i've been in so far people have been complaining about how bad oddball ffa is. I've never met a person in ffa who says that they enjoy obj in it. Also 8 player ffa is horrible. Got people spawning behind me left and right. Should be 6 players max that's how many players regular ffa has and how many halo 3 had. These maps aren't made to handle 8 player free for all's. You got people spawning right in front of you and in every single corner. H3 head to head playlist was nice but ffa right now is unplayable. Definitely needs some fixes. Same how in h5 ffa went from 8 to 6 players because it was unplayable. This needs the same thing. Literally half the people i know playing this played a couple games saw how unplayable it was and left. This is all constructive criticism so don't take it the wrong way
Hear you loud and clear. The FFA playlist is temporary just for tonight and will by updated in the morning (PST).
Hi I have been invited to flight 2, I am available on the days scheduled but I am in the uk and don’t usually get home from work until 19:30 - 20:00 so I will be an hour late for the slots I can play, will this be a problem? Thanks in advance!
You can play right now and in between the times but population may be spoty. The timrs are just to test how the servers will do for the most part in finding people.
Will ffa be the default when the play times go down or will I be able to play 4v4 even after I play tomorrow.
is anyone searching FFA? cant find a game, searching for 2 hours
xsv wrote:
I found a game really easy. back out and re search
wild1551 wrote:
xsv wrote:
tried everything :'(
IK Grubb wrote:
Avoideds wrote:
Hear you loud and clear. The FFA playlist is temporary just for tonight and will by updated in the morning (PST).
Sounds good!
xsv wrote:
wild1551 wrote:
xsv wrote:
tried everything :'(
It took me about 2mins at first just waiting. But I don't know what to tell you. wait till tomorrow morning a lot more people will be on.
Had a great couple of games tonight. I really enjoyed BR starts for FFA slayer and I found AR starts for objective just fine and actually benefiting those gametypes.

I also love how fast it throws you into a game and I think that can have some positive effects on match quality so thought I'd share that.
1. Because the game starts immediately when a game is found it doesn't give anyone a chance to leave the game before it starts based on the map or gametype.
2. Because the game starts and then you find out the gametype I think this leads to people less likely to leave the game since it's already running and people just want to play the game. Now this could lead to people leaving on load but as long as people are in the playlist they want I don't see this becoming too large an issue when the update launches and there are higher quitting consequences.
3. It also prevents people from seeing who they match against until it starts and hides ranks thus preventing people from dodging and further committing to games. I think not showing ranks until post game would benefit games as people won't make assumptions and can help prevent trash talk and match quitting. I think CS:GO follows this model and it works well.

I'm curious if these quick matches with no pre-game lobby will be in the final game. I'm not sure if that's the case but I thought I'd point out the benefits it could provide if considered. What do you think?

Also it'd be nice if things could be Alphabetized in the player customization screen to make scrolling through hundreds of customization options to find what you're looking for easier :) Looking forward to some 4v4 tomorrow. Keep up the great work :)
JoeyDMaio wrote:
Emphosix wrote:
I tried to entre a few games, and When loading the map I skip an ad where my connecting has been interrupted and I coulnot play in almost 10 attempst
Try Setting your console system language to US English, if you have any other language selected. Solved the Problem for me. Before I was not able to join any match.
Ha can be it. I had same issue last night and my console is in french. I'll try later on thanks

edit: yes now it works just fine ! :-)
It worked, issue solved!
<p></p>
FFA is just fantastic!! having too much fun!! did not expect it to be this good !!
xsv wrote:
FFA is just fantastic!! having too much fun!! did not expect it to be this good !!
It might just be he time of day for me, but I can’t seem to find a game.
I see that the gametypes and player limit are being changed. Are these the same servers as the 1v1's and the playsessions? These play like regular MCC H3, whereas the 1v1's were a huge improvement from it.
xsv wrote:
The first official session is today at 11AM PDT. It's expected that there will be low/no population outside of the officially coordinated play times.
FYI this early access feedback thread will be locked shortly as we officially kickoff day one of the flight. A new thread specifically for Thursday flight feedback will be available.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6