Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insider Focused Test: 8/10 – 8/12

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
Hello MCC Insiders,

Thank you all for participating thus far in our public test. Your feedback has helped us shape our first retail update for the Master Chief Collection (which is getting closer every day!).

We have a big ask for players this weekend - To help us test some recent changes to matchmaking, we are asking everyone globally to play in Matchmaking as much as possible this weekend during the following windows:

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday MCC Matchmaking Sessions:

• 10AM PDT - 1PM PDT
  • 6PM PDT - 9PM PDT

As a special bonus, people who do play extensively, and don’t quit out of matches, will have a shot at an exclusive MCC lobby nameplate following the release of the retail patch. One more tidbit includes that should we get enough participation this Friday, we will be able to update the playlists to a wider variety for Saturday.

We have altered a few things on the backend that should make it so players have an easier time finding matches in MCC Matchmaking. First, we have added more server capacity globally to help ensure that instances are available to those who are matchmaking. Second, we have loosened the ping requirements for being able to join a match. This will make the playing experience of those with high pings worse, but will improve your ability to find matches (particularly players who are in less populated regions / are farther from datacenters).

However, we need players to search and help us verify that these changes are working as intended and improve overall matchmaking experiences.

This weekend we would like you all to be vocal in reporting any instances of the following and additional information if you are unable to find matches in matchmaking.

Providing Feedback
Please include the following information and let us know how matchmaking works for you throughout the weekend.
  • Where (your location / region)
  • When (day time)
  • Duration & Outcome (how long you searched / played and the outcome)
  • Local server Ping

Example: Washington, United States, 11AM PDT on Saturday, searched for 4 hours and found only 2 matches. When looking at my networking page in settings for ping – West US was 28.

This will help us see what sever you should be connecting to, how many people were available in the matchmaking pool globally when you were searching, how many servers were available while you were searching, and help us identify any potential issues.

The Nameplate
Insiders who play in the most matches (and don’t quit) will have an opportunity at a very exclusive MCC lobby nameplate when the update goes live. So go forth and stress our changes!

Thank you everyone who is actively playing in the Insider Program. You are helping very much in shaping the future of MCC. Please don’t forget to be vocal here in this thread if you are having any issues searching for matches and please use the “Where, When, for How Long, and Local server Ping” format when reporting you can’t find a match. Simply stating “Can’t find a match” is not helpful feedback.

Thank you everyone!
Postums
I will try with all pleasure, because since joining the program (from the beginning of it) I have not been able to find a match. I only got to play because I was invited to other insider friends.
Ps: I'm a Brazilian player.
Sounds good, I'll be sure to get some matches in. Can you clarify on the "Insiders who play in the most matches" bit? I feel like this is going to lead to people AFKing in a lot of matches. Also does it matter which Playlist we play?
AWESOME I really hope to see more than just slayer !! but I will participate heavily either way!! see you on the battlefield Spartans !!!
Dang I’ll miss the testing dates because I didn’t know that my submission into the program would have to wait until 8/13. But not all is lost because I’m still super excited to get my hands on this update ^-^
this might be a silly question, but is the players who play in the most matches nameplate award only counting the matches during the official playtest times or is it for total matches played all 3 days no matter the time?
Cruzypher wrote:
I will try with all pleasure, because since joining the program (from the beginning of it) I have not been able to find a match. I only got to play because I was invited to other insider friends.
Ps: I'm a Brazilian player.
That seems to be the region locking issue that they will be trying to fix the Focused Test.
Is team slayer the only playlist available to play now?
Will team slayer be the only playlist available to play during the Friday, Saturday and Sunday official play sessions?
I'll be there, but I'll need a weapon. :) Really awesome of you guys to give out an exclusive nameplate (and hoping for that snazzy Headhunter Waypoint badge)!
I'm new to the program, can someone point me to where I can leave the feedback?
Darn the 2 days im working :(
Sadly I'll miss the test dates as I won't have access to my Xbox this weekend. Always seems to be the case with these weekends for me, there goes my shot at the nameplate but good luck to everyone else.
What do you mean by "outcome" when leaving feedback?

Also, where can you find the info about local server ping?
I'm having no troubles finding matches at all.
When: 10am to 1pm PDT
Where: South Carolina
Ping: 32

I would like to report a player though. I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this on but since its during the following play times I will. He/she has stayed put in the very bottom of the map Blackout avoiding contact with the enemy players and moving ever so slightly to remain in game so he/she isnt kicked for idling. The gamertag is "godzillagaming4" there just going through games and not playing. Someone like this person should not be in the MCC Insider program since they are doing absolutely nothing to contribute to it. I'm going do a report through the Insider Hub as proof of what this person is doing. Other than this one person the games have been great.
Chimera30 wrote:
What do you mean by "outcome" when leaving feedback?

Also, where can you find the info about local server ping?
If you go to your Xbox Network settings I think it's in bandwidth usage. Or you can do a internet speed test on your phone and look at the results there.
Where: China
When: All the time
Duration & Outcome: Infinite; No games found

ping:East Asia - 41ms
East US - 246 ms
West US - 263 ms

I know there is nobody searching in my region,so could you guys unlock the region restriction or adjust the ping restriction ? Even my regular mcc can find match very quickly,I felt like I m experiencing the mcc launch.
Which playlists will become available if participation is high? H2A? :)
tmg117 wrote:
I'm new to the program, can someone point me to where I can leave the feedback?
If you hold down the Xbox button on your controller and when the menu pops up go to report a problem then it'll ask add new problem. From there go to games and then finally the MCC Insider. It will allow you to upload a screenshot or video with your report of a problem. It also sends over debug info or if you can't report thru the Xbox Insider Hub just post on one of the forums that correlates to your problem.
  • Southern California
  • Started searching at 10:12
  • Found a game in under a minute and played until completion. I’ve been getting extremely bad lag spikes ever since this flight went public and this match was no different.
  • West US ping is 21 ms
This was just my first match of the day but it’s been no different this entire flight. I’ll find a match (granted it’s a good time of day where the population is actually high) but at some point during the game I’ll start getting extreme lag making it really hard to enjoy any match

Edit: Second match down. Same thing, found a match pretty much instantly, played to completion but had another lag spike
This time I got a clip of it (this was at about 10:30 AM) https://youtu.be/vMrcSsgIGfM
Remember this happens EVERY game now

Edit 2: 4th game today was pretty good. Started searching at 7:12 PM PST and got a game of H2A about 30 seconds later. Didn't have a single instance of lag this game. Current ping to West US is 22 ms

Edit 3: Spoke too soon. Just finished my 5th match. This time Halo 2 classic on Ivory Tower again. Two lags this game, first was at 7:31 PM the second was at 7:35
Halo 2 and Halo 3 seem to be the absolute worse offenders when it comes to this
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11