Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insider Focused Test: 8/10 – 8/12

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
When: 10am pdt- 1pm pdt
Where: North Carolina
East coast ping: 32

▪Aiming feels off. Vertical aim is very slow.
Horizontal feels normal. I first noticed in a
game of Halo CE. Feels like using a slowturn controller.
▪ Matchmaking times were pretty fast.
▪ Multiple lag spikes.
Maryland
1:00 PM to 3:30 PM

- Matchmaking slow at times, often paired up with the same players back to back.
- 90% of my matches were Halo 2, the rest were Halo 3. Never got into a single match of CE or H2A
- Frequent lag spikes
- Often got into games where 1 player was missing from the start
- Almost all matches were completely one-sided
Rei wrote:
Can we get more info on how to get the nameplate? It seems a bit vague.
It's vague for a reason - please go play.
thanks!
Postums wrote:
Rei wrote:
Can we get more info on how to get the nameplate? It seems a bit vague.
It's vague for a reason - please go play.
thanks!
yeah, i didn't think about that until shortly after i asked. If it was clearly stated how many games was needed to play, then everyone would play the absolute bare minimum and it would defeat the purpose of the testing
  • Florida, USA (Southeast)
  • 1:00 pm - 3:50 PM EST
  • Duration & Outcome: played for about 2 and a half hours so far, found matches consistently throughout.
  • 41 ms
Games have been relatively smooth so far, although it has been laggy in a few matches, mainly in Halos 2 and 3.
Redmond, WA, USA; various times Friday between 10am-1pm, but only for five games total because of other things going on; search time less than a minute and succeeded every time; west US 20ms.
Dr Leo wrote:
Redmond, WA, USA; various times Friday between 10am-1pm, but only for five games total because of other things going on; search time less than a minute and succeeded every time; west US 20ms.
Corpnet might be cheating ahaha.
kragh666 wrote:
Another bug. I just played a 4vs3 game in H2A.
That's likely not a bug since someone may have quit or disconnected from the match during the loading screen.
  • Italy
  • 10am - 1pm
  • Playing from 21:30 (GMT) more or less, search for parties is not properly working: searching with a team of 4 for 5 mins without success. In 2 players game found in 10 seconds, same as playing alone.
  • ping 60-65, could be better since I'm with FTTC (fiber)
kragh666 wrote:
I have experienced a game breaking bug in quite a few games. It makes it impossible to test the Insider program. The weird thing is that it occurs in both Halo 2 and Halo 3. The bug it that sometimes no one spaws with a battle rifle. They do spawn with a AR though. I am not what causes it, because it seems random from game to game.
This might be related to the game mode settings being used for some maps, or it might not be a bug but a separate game mode that is supposed to be in the playlist.
Dr Leo wrote:
Corpnet might be cheating ahaha.
Well it's not like it helped my performance any.
  • Where: Massachusetts, United States
  • When: Friday, 1:51 PM US Eastern Time
  • Duration/Outcome: Searched for about 2 hours, (1:51 PM to 3:50 PM), Found new matches within seconds of the previous one ending. Although, had 4 of my matches have at least one player drop out from the roster in the lobby, starting the game with uneven teams.
  • Local Server Ping: East US 21 ms
  • Arkansas / United States
  • Friday 2:00 to 3:00 pm CST
  • Played for an hour and played 8 matches. Most games played smoothly except I noticed a little lag in the beginning of a few games.
  • North Central US 26ms
I get 1-2 second lag spikes/framerate drops in almost every game, once a game. It's happened in Halo: CE, Halo 2 Classic, and Halo 3.
  • San Juan, Puerto Rico
  • Friday 1:00 - 3:56 PM (AST)
  • Searched for about 2 hours. Found 16 matches (2 for Halo CE, 3 for Halo 2 and 11 for Halo 3) Played but found a slight delay in many of them and many shots were not registering
  • Local Server Ping (East US 2 56ms)
Can we get Halo 3 Team Hardcore back? You would get a lot more players testing MCC Insider.
John Rmx wrote:
  • Italy
  • 10am - 1pm
  • Playing from 21:30 (GMT) more or less, search for parties is not properly working: searching with a team of 4 for 5 mins without success. In 2 players game found in 10 seconds, same as playing alone.
  • ping 60-65, could be better since I'm with FTTC (fiber)
That means party matching is working. There was no other team of 4 searching within your time frame within your acceptable areas of connection.
Can we get Halo 3 Team Hardcore back? You would get a lot more players testing MCC Insider.
Not until we complete our test.
Italy, Pavia (near Milan), i played from 10 to 11 AM PDT more or less and i find match quikly, i played something like five matches. My ping was 27ms in west EU and 43ms in north EU. Then i played form 1PM PDT for 30 minutes and i find 3 matches. This time the connection wasn't good, but the ping was the same as before (27ms in west EU and 43ms in north EU).
Sorry but i can't play the next one playtest because i will go on holidays.
  • Where: UK
  • When: 10:30AM PDT to 1:30PM PDT
  • Duration & Outcome: Search times were 30 seconds to a minute, increased to over five minute when bringing South US player into lobby (two North EU, one South US). If only two players in lobby (one North EU, one South US), matchmaking times are under a minute.
  • Local server Ping: 27ms (North Europe)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11