Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insider Focused Test: 8/17 – 8/19

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Hello MCC Insiders,

Thank you all for participating thus far in our public test. Many of you helped us out last weekend by testing some behind the scenes changes. We again need your help in a series of focused playtests.

We are asking everyone around the globe to play in Matchmaking as much as possible this weekend during the following windows for the various playlists we are using.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday MCC Matchmaking Sessions:
  • 10AM PDT – 1PM PDT
  • 6PM PDT - 9PM PDT

Matchmaking Playlists:
Friday 8/17
  • Ranked Halo 3 Team Doubles
  • Action Sack

Saturday 8/18
  • Ranked Halo 2 Classic Team Arena
  • Infection

Sunday 8/19
  • Ranked Halo 3 Team Hardcore
  • Action Sack

Providing Feedback
Please include the following information and let us know how matchmaking works for you throughout the weekend.
  • Where (your location / region)
  • When (day time)
  • Duration & Outcome (how long you searched / played and the outcome)
  • Local server Ping
Example:
  • Washington, United States
  • 11 am PDT on Saturday
  • Searched for 4 hours and found 10 matches.
  • My lowest local ping was West US at 28.
This will help us see what server you should be connecting to, how many people were available in the matchmaking pool globally when you were searching, how many servers were available while you were searching, and help us identify any potential issues.

Thank you everyone who is actively playing in the Insider Program. You are helping very much in shaping the future of MCC. Please don’t forget to be vocal here in this thread if you are having any issues searching for matches and please use the “Where, When, for How Long, and Local server Ping” format when reporting you can’t find a match. Simply stating “Can’t find a match” is not helpful feedback.

Thank you everyone!
Postums
  • Asia
  • whole time
  • No match found
No matter how long i searched still nothing found
Do not post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Unfortunately, I can't find any matches in multiplayer.

2pm EST
With 18ms ping in western Europe
Playlists are still

Action Sacks
H1 Doubles
H3 Hardcore

should be H3 team doubles and action sack only
Same here, having no luck with the matchmaking even after several minutes of searching.

• 3 PM CEST
  • 40ms on Western Europe
GAGAHOUSE wrote:
Playlists are still

Action Sacks
H1 Doubles
H3 Hardcore

should be H3 team doubles and action sack only
The play test starts at 10am their time (PDT) ... about 3 and a half more hours.
Got two games in a row where we got all matched up, loaded the map up, then got a "game over" screen where it looks like me or me and one other person are the only ones in the game. Then we return to the lobby and it looks like all of the players are together after the game ends. Then we get returned to matchmaking. H3 Team Hardcore Playlist.

• Washington, United States
  • 8:06 AM PDT on Friday August 17
  • Had weird "game over" matches two times in a row.
  • My lowest local ping was West US at 37ms.
  • Ohio, United States
  • 10 am PDT on Friday
  • Search times varied between damn near instant to roughly 1 minute.
  • My lowest local ping was North Central US at 34.
  • California, United States
  • 10:40 am Friday 17th
  • Search Action Sack 5 mins
  • Ping 33ms
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  • Redmond, WA
  • 10am-12:20pm PDT on Friday
  • Searching Action Sack solo: First two games matched in less than a minute. Third game matched, then the eighth dropped, and it sat there for a couple of minutes before restarting the search from scratch. When it did, a new game matched almost immediately, but then the eighth dropped again. This time it only took a few seconds before a new eighth was slotted in and the game started. Fourth game took longer to match, more like two minutes. Then searched Action Sack with as a duo: First game slowly filled up to 7 after about a minute, and then matched an eighth in short order. Ensuing games (lost exact count, 5-8 maybe?) all matched in less than a minute.
  • My lowest local ping was West US at 31ms.
The last couple builds I was getting skeptical on the progress of multiplayer, but this build has regained my confidence in the success of the update.

Searched in Idaho Falls with a ping of 47ms US West
Search times for the two matches i played in Action Sack playlist I kid you not 7 seconds and 6 seconds.
1-130 pm. Mountain Time Friday Aug. 17
  • Italy
  • From 7pm to 9:20pm (italian hour)
  • Searched in both playlist and this time was a lot better, almost no lag, I could even play a decent grifball game. The only thing I noticed is that every first search (when not auto restarting matchmaking) took a bit longer, even 5-10 minutes
  • Average ping from western europe server was 55-60
  • Where: Ohio, USA
  • When: 8/17/2018 at 1:00PM EST
  • Duration & Outcome: 2 hour duration of solo matchmaking in the Action Sack playlist. I had two occurrences where the search took about 4 minutes to find people. None of the games dropped and the connection seemed good on my end. The majority of games played were Halo 3.
  • Local server Ping: 25 ms North Central US
Europe / Sweden
9:56 PDT on Friday August 17
Duration & Outcome (4 minutes of seaching/ played Crazy king on Assembly)
Local server Ping: 26
Final score was to 150 instead of 100
Hill spawns was all wrong, might even been randomized.
10:30 PDT on Friday August 17
Duration & Outcome (got the game instantly/ played Crazy king on Ghost town)
Local server Ping: 26
Final score was to 150 instead of 100
Hill spawns was all wrong, might even been randomized.
  • Where: Tasmania, Australia
  • When: 6:30pm PDT on Friday August 17th
  • Duration & Outcome: Cannot not find any matches on both playlists been occurring since start of window. Restarting does not help.
  • Redmond, WA
  • 6-7pm PDT on Friday
  • Searching Action Sack solo: Wasn't searching constantly, but matching didn't take too long. First game at the beginning of the session was a couple of minutes but then it improved. Found 5.
  • My lowest local ping was West US at 30ms.
  • Ohio, United States
  • 7 pm PDT on Friday
  • Search times very fast.
  • My lowest local ping was North Central US at 35.
Games working very nicely on my end.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3