Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insider Focused Test: 8/17 – 8/19

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
  • Where: Alberta, Canada
  • When: [6PM PDT – 9PM PDT on Friday] ::: [10AM PDT – 1PM PDT + 6PM PDT – 9PM PDT on Saturday] ::: + a lot of time in between playtest times, and after.
  • Duration & Outcome: Played endlessly through the playtest times, and found games within 10-20 seconds - typically ~10 seconds. When one game finished, backed out and searched again right away, found a game before I could run to the fridge, grab a cool can of Blast Soda, and run back! Played so many games, lost count. Played exactly 20 games between 6PM PDT – 9PM PDT on Saturday, and found games easily for an hour and a half or so afterwards with 1 (and later, 2) other player(s) in my party.
  • Local Server Ping: Lowest Ping = West US @ 47ms. Highest = 70ms (would drop upon refresh, rarely was in 60's).
Searched through the 10AM PDT – 1PM PDT : 6PM PDT - 9PM PDT (11AM - 2AM, 7AM - 10AM Mountain Time) playtest times (start to finish) endlessly and found games within 10-20 seconds, some hinging to find a final player, but most the time it was almost instant. Searches during intermission was also very snappy.

Only issue concerning match times that my party (3+me) ran into was after ~15 games or so, we'd search for 5 minutes and find no players. We would back out, promote others to try to see if that would help and it didn't. Tried this for both playlists. We found that backing out to the Main Menu (or going to Campaign) and re-entering multiplayer matchmaking from there seemed to resolve the problem. Worth noting that the "back out to the main menu" trick has been around for the longest time in retail MCC and has a successful workaround most of the time.

Also the amount of people that afk to build up playtime for the nameplate is absolutely mind numbing... Played a full Infection game on Longshore where only myself and 3 others (2 of which were in my party) moved the entire game... Don't even want to mention the quitters. 🤦‍♂️
  • Ohio, USA
  • 6:30 PDT on Saturday
  • Search times within 30 seconds.
  • Lowest ping: North Central US, 34ms.
  • Massachusetts, USA
  • 6:40 PDT on Saturday
  • Search times within 15 seconds.
  • Lowest ping: East US, 23 ms
Search times were less than 20 seconds.

Tried playing as much as I could before I got discourage by these terrible game types. Was hyped for halo 2 classic but then quickly went away with the awful game type selection.
Make it hardcore settings like you did for halo 3. Not team snipes 4 games in a row. Connection/gameplay great. People who deciding on not being hardcore settings terrible.

Texas.
John Rmx wrote:
  • Italy
  • From 7pm to 9:20pm (italian hour)
  • Searched in both playlist and this time was a lot better, almost no lag, I could even play a decent grifball game. The only thing I noticed is that every first search (when not auto restarting matchmaking) took a bit longer, even 5-10 minutes
  • Average ping from western europe server was 55-60
Same problem, i cant' find any game on matchmaking
  • Massachusetts, United States
  • 6 - 9 pm PDT on Saturday
  • ~ 10 second search times, could not find a match in H2, sometimes it would search forever but backing out to the main menu to search again would fix it.
  • Searched for 3 hours and found ~20 matches.
  • Lowest ping was East US at 45
Where: Upstate, South Carolina
When: 11:50pm EST
Ping: 32ms

I was playing the Infection playlist and it took a little longer than usual to find players. Once I found 10 players the game was still searching for two more players until the match would start. I eventually backed out of the search because it continued to search for two more players. This may have been due to a low player count for that time frame. I never had any trouble finding matches earlier during the day.
  • California, United States
  • 10:05 am Sunday 19th
  • Search Action Sack 40 secs - 2 mins
  • Ping 31ms
  • Ohio, United States
  • 11:17 am PDT Sunday 19th
  • Search was exactly 20 seconds
  • Ping North Central US: 36 ms
Feedback

• Where: New York City, United States
  • When: 5pm PDT - 10pm PDT
  • Duration & Outcome: Searched for 5 hours, played a few Middy FFA games in between as well. Found matches pretty quickly, ranked up to level 11. Actual viable gametypes/maps were seldom provided, very disheartening.
  • Local server Ping: East US at 20.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post make posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  • Redmond, WA
  • 11am-12:30pm PDT on Sunday (not searching continuously)
  • Searched 4 times, found matches for all in less than a minute; most near-immediate.
  • My lowest local ping was West US at 32ms.
  • Italy
  • From 7pm to 9:40pm (italian hour)
  • H3 team hardcore had no problem, no lang and no matchmaking problems. In action sack instead (again) the first game took a bit to get found (5-10 minutes) and I had to restart several times. H3 team swords was impossible to play, sword duel where almost lag/ping duel, no sword parry at all sometimes.
  • Average ping from western europe server was 55-60 as always
  • Where; Europe, Denmark
  • When: 19/08/18 20:22 CET+2
  • Duration & Outcome: Searching time on Action Sack Playlist took 10 minutes
  • Local server: West Europe ping 49.

Second game
  • Where; Europe, Denmark
  • When: 19/08/18 20:37 CET+2
  • Duration & Outcome: Searching time on Action Sack Playlist took 5 minutes
  • Local server: West Europe ping 52.
Third game
  • Where; Europe, Denmark
  • When: 19/08/18 20:56 CET+2
  • Duration & Outcome: Searching time on Action Sack Playlist took 10 minutes
  • Local server: West Europe ping 50.
Four game
  • Where; Europe, Denmark
  • When: 19/08/18 21:12 CET+2
  • Duration & Outcome: Searching time on the H3 TH playlist took 10 minutes
  • Local server: West Europe ping 49.
Fifth game
  • Where; Europe, Denmark
  • When: 19/08/18 20:33 CET+2
  • Duration & Outcome:Searching time on the H3 TH playlist took 19 minutes
  • Local server: West Europe ping 46.
  • Where: Ohio, USA
  • When: 8/19/2018 at 3:00PM EST
  • Duration & Outcome: 1 hour duration of solo matchmaking in both of the playlist. Matches were all found within 20 seconds and no disconnects occurred.
  • Local server Ping: 25 ms North Central US
Cruzypher wrote:
Friday 8/17
Ranked Halo 3 Team Doubles
Action Sack

Where: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
When: 10AM PDT - 1PM PDT
Duration and result: I did about 4 search attempts for 45 minutes in both modes and did not get any results. (Playing alone)
Ping: southeast of Brazil - 140 ms

Saturday 8/18
Ranked Halo 2 Classic Team Arena
Infection

When: 12PM - 2PM PDT
Duration and result: I did about 4 20-minute searches in both modes.
During the search H2 classic found no match and Infection found in all inclusive with less than 20 minutes and the search time between another match was almost instantaneous.
unlike Friday, today I'm not playing alone anymore with my wife on the same console.

With some players exiting during the match and interim bets, everything is working perfectly so far. Connection without bugs or sudden disconnections.

Of the matches found 90% Halo 3 10% Halo 2 Halo 4 0%

Ping: southeast of Brazil - 132 ms

(EDIT)

Saturday 8/18

Infection
When: 2:30 PM - 3:30 PM PDT
I finally got to play Infection of Halo 4, and for the first time today the lag was very strong.
Teleporting players and the game disconnecting.
Soon thereafter a match on Halo 3 fell and was in perfect condition.

Saturday 8/18 H2C
Team Arena
When: 3:30 PM - 4:16 PM PDT

After almost 1 hour searching for only the H2C, I finally managed to find a match.
With the exception of traitor players the mode worked perfectly without any big or disconnect

Sunday 8/19

Halo 3 Hardcore and Action Sack

When: 10:30 AM - 12:30 AM PDT
I made 4 search attempts with about 30 minutes in each mode and no match was found.
Ps: like yesterday I was playing together on the same console, but this time I did not succeed in any moment.

Still playing....
  • Redmond, WA
  • 8pm-9pm PDT on Sunday
  • Searched once solo and then for two more games with two others and found games each time.
  • My lowest local ping was West US at 32ms.
North East US
Sunday night
H3 hardcore / action sack
I played for half an hour and found matches very quickly (2-3 minutes)
  • Where (your location / region) Vancouver, BC
  • When (day time) Sunday, 7:30 - 9pm
  • Duration & Outcome (how long you searched / played and the outcome) Solo played in H3 playlist. Searched between 45 second - 3 minutes. Played maybe 87matches.
  • Local server Ping Didn't check on this =(
Overall a pretty good experience finding matches!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3