MCC Insider: Match Composer/Aim Options Feedback

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
Please use this official thread to share any and all MCC Match Composer and Controller Customization Feedback.

If you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to Match Composer and Aim Customization, please include as much detail as possible.
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Thank you
  • MCC HALO GAME: All Games
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Unable to find a single match while going through nearly all the search options (amount of players, games and gametypes) using the Match Composer.
  • REPRO STEPS: N/A
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I also can't find any matches in the ranked search either. My ping (from the retail build) is 31 ms North Central US. I've tried a hard rest without any luck.
One pretty minor thing... Once you made your selections the play button should be at the bottom of the screen so you just have to scroll one more time down after making selections instead of having to scroll all the way back to the top. Would be a lot smoother that way.
Edit...
Also can Zenith and remnant be added to the H2A soical playlist? H2A is pretty limited map wise they play pretty good in the 4v4 setting.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
why wrote:
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Unable to find a single match while going through nearly all the search options (amount of players, games and gametypes) using the Match Composer.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I also can't find any matches in the ranked search either. My ping (from the retail build) is 31 ms North Central US. I've tried a hard rest without any luck.
This is likely a population problem. We will be rolling out a list of scheduled play sessions in the near future via a post on Waypoint and socializing it.
Moving from the general MCC Multiplayer thread:

Match Composer:
- Change "4 Player", "8 Player" etc team size descriptions to be "2v2" or "4v4", or include that in parenthesis
- Half the options that are mentioned in the 4v4 player count section of the selection matrix shown in the blog post are not visible. Like the page is supposed to scroll down but doesn't? Standard gametypes like CTF, Assault and KotH were missing as options. I tried setting that player count with all games selected, only Halo 2 and only Halo 3 and none of the gametype options changed.
My feedback/wishes is add multiteam to the 12 player option. 3 of 4 or 4 of 3. And a ffa option for the 8 player option. Other than that eager to test it out during the playsessions.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The current gametype logo for action sack is the chamomile emblem. I think it should be changed to better represent the Action Sack playlist.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I made a mock-up using the Halo Reach Action Sack emblem: https://imgur.com/a/dd8qahb
Postums wrote:
why wrote:
This is likely a population problem. We will be rolling out a list of scheduled play sessions in the near future via a post on Waypoint and socializing it.
I can say during flights I usually only found matches during official play test times and very rarely found matches outside of those times.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: No 2 Player option (1v1)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: It shows that it is an option in the blog post but it isn't there in-game.
Edit: Probably something to do with limiting options for this test but it's the only game size that isn't available in the build
LethalQ wrote:
Postums wrote:
why wrote:
I can say during flights I usually only found matches during official play test times and very rarely found matches outside of those times.
It's probably because most people read those flights times as "The only time the servers are live so I can't play outside that time"

Apoll0 wrote:
Moving from the general MCC Multiplayer thread:

Match Composer:- Change "4 Player", "8 Player" etc team size descriptions to be "2v2" or "4v4", or include that in parenthesis
- Half the options that are mentioned in the 4v4 player count section of the selection matrix shown in the blog post are not visible. Like the page is supposed to scroll down but doesn't? Standard gametypes like CTF, Assault and KotH were missing as options. I tried setting that player count with all games selected, only Halo 2 and only Halo 3 and none of the gametype options changed.
I believe they said those are the launch options, not the ones that will be in testing. They probably want to limit it.
I wish you would include players who haven't participated in earlier insiders, but are registered. I'm keen to try it out.
MCC HALO GAME: ALL
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Unable to find a match for Halo CE btb it any players at all for that matter. Population counter for each individual selection is essential.
SirDweb wrote:
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Unable to find a match for Halo CE btb it any players at all for that matter. Population counter for each individual selection is essential.
Population issues, as we've already gone over.

And we're not getting a population counter. They've made it clear.
SirDweb wrote:

Then I don’t even see the point of a match composer.
SirDweb wrote:
SirDweb wrote:

The point is to allow players the choice of what they want to play in social through a series of selections. However, the more restrictive you are, the harder time you will have finding a match. The more possible combinations you allow in a search, the higher likelihood you will have to find a match. Some are willing to wait for these and others are not. But, this tool gives you the option to customize what you are searching for in a very granular way.

Also - if you are not searching during the dedicated time windows that are outlined for this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday - you will have a more difficult time finding a match.
Postums wrote:
SirDweb wrote:
SirDweb wrote:

The point is to allow players the choice of what they want to play in social through a series of selections. However, the more restrictive you are, the harder time you will have finding a match. The more possible combinations you allow in a search, the higher likelihood you will have to find a match. Some are willing to wait for these and others are not. But, this tool gives you the option to customize what you are searching for in a very granular way.

Also - if you are not searching during the dedicated time windows that are outlined for this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday - you will have a more difficult time finding a match.
Ok yes but I say I like Halo 4 BTB and that’s obviously the least favorite game then if I have a population counter then I can when to play cause otherwise some people may search forever and never get a match of what they want meaning instead of creating more options y’all actually be creating less options.
P.S. Thanks for all the updates.
SirDweb wrote:
Postums wrote:
SirDweb wrote:
SirDweb wrote:

Ok yes but I say I like Halo 4 BTB and that’s obviously the least favorite game then if I have a population counter then I can when to play cause otherwise some people may search forever and never get a match of what they want meaning instead of creating more options y’all actually be creating less options.
Halo 4 Team Arena is the most popular Team Arena playlist behind Halo 3 and H2A's.
SirDweb wrote:
Postums wrote:
SirDweb wrote:
SirDweb wrote:

All population counters do is give players a false sense of matchmaking. They will always just play the bigger number vs what they will actually want to play. It would work best with out them. Players should just search what they want and if they aren't getting a game or getting one fast enough for their liking they can widen their search.
Would love to see options for 8 player FFA (not infection) and multi team.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11