Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insider: Match Composer/Aim Options Feedback

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. ...
  7. 11
MCC HALO GAME: ALL

ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Please add 8 or 6 player FFA in the game size option. Im very happy with the match composer update, finally getting to play Halo 2C Sniper matches but I'm really surprised and disappointed that the only FFA option is 12 player Infection/Zombies. I know this is a popular playlist among the halo community and yes it's fun but honestly I don't know what led you guys to prioritize this over 8/6 player FFA. Correct me if I'm wrong but right now the only FFA playlist out there is H3 Lone Wolves, at least for a regular slayer match.
Please guys consider this, Im dying to play some H2C FFA without having to create a custom match and hoping somebody joins in...

Anyways, great work 343!
Thanks for reading.
MCC HALO GAME: ALL

ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Please add 8 player FFA in the game size option. Im very happy with the match composer update, finally getting to play Halo 2C Sniper matches but I'm really surprised and disappointed that the only FFA option is 12 player Infection/Zombies. I know this is a popular playlist among the halo community and yes it's fun but honestly I don't know what led you guys to prioritize this over 8 player FFA. Correct me if I'm wrong but right now the only FFA playlist out there is H3 Lone Wolves, at least for a regular slayer match.
Please guys consider this, Im dying to play some H2C FFA without having to create a custom match and hoping somebody joins in...

Anyways, great work 343!
Thanks for reading.
Ideally, the Match Composer’s "Team Size" classification would instead be changed to a total "Player Count" indicator. Therefore, you'd be looking at 2-players (1v1), 4-players (2v2), 8-players (FFA, Multi-Team, & 4v4), 12-players (FFA), & 16-players (8v8). Then the "Action Sack" classification could be given the opportunity to incorporate and tie three types of modes together under the 8-player total selection: Rumble Pit (8-player FFA), Multi-Team (4 Teams of 2), and Extreme Social Arena (4v4). At the same time the "Action Sack" classification could still be paired with the 16-player selection to provide access to certain Big Team (8v8) modes like Heavy.

For example:
  • [FFA] Swords, Hammers, Rockets, Snipers, Shotguns, Fiesta, KotH variants, Oddball variants, Juggernaut variants, etc.
  • [Multi-Team] Rocket Race, Swords, Hammers, Snipers, Duals, Fiesta, Territory variants, KotH variants, Oddball variants, VIP variants, etc.
  • [Arena] Rockets/Rock n' Rail, Splazers, Swords/Binary Slayer, Mini-Slayer, Fiesta, Paintball, Stickies, Assault variants, CTF variants, KotH variants, Territory variants, VIP, etc.
  • [Big Team] Heavy Slayer, 2 Flag Heavy, Heavy Fiesta, Gungoose CTF, etc.
I think the match composer is a great idea. It really does give you a chance to play exactly what you want. Head to head and SWAT were two of my favorites and I'm so glad to see them back. Keep up the great work guys.
Would still love the ability to choose 'all game size' options in match composer.

I just want to play H2A only - and I dont care what size it is - let me 'select all'
  • MCC HALO GAME: All
  • I try the few games after this update,but the default deadzone seems not 0.25(12% in game). And different game seems have different default deadzone, plz fix it or official tell us those value?
Please tell us the original Halo values for dead-zones and acceleration....the default values are definitely not the originals. I have spent YEARS improving my aim, and for you to just merely implement such a drastic change has ruined my progress. Thanks.
The new BTB halo 3 map sucks. It comes up way too often.
I'm very happy with the new match composer.

• Suggestion: Make it possible to select several team size options, for example 4v4 and 8v8. Just like you can select several gametypes. This would make search criteria wider for us living in less populated areas. Alternatively just a "Search for any game"-button that looks for fastest match only, regardless of gametype/team size etc.
AshamanND wrote:
Would still love the ability to choose 'all game size' options in match composer.

I just want to play H2A only - and I dont care what size it is - let me 'select all'
I would like this as well. I wouldn't mind going straight from BTB to 4v4 to Infection at random without leaving matchmaking.
eLantern wrote:
8-players (FFA, Multi-Team, & 4v4), Multi-Team (4 Teams of 2)
Isn't Multi-Team normally 12 players (4 teams of 3)?
eLantern wrote:
8-players (FFA, Multi-Team, & 4v4), Multi-Team (4 Teams of 2)
Isn't Multi-Team normally 12 players (4 teams of 3)?
Multi-Team has been 4 & 6 teams of 2 plus 4 teams of 3 over the franchise’s history. Honestly, it can be what it needs to be as long as there are more than two teams thus making it multiple teams. Halo 5 has even given us 3 teams of 3 with the Triple Team playlist which is a type of Multi-Team.
Will the match composer ever be considered for ranked play?
H3 doubles I take back the positive comment from earlier .The server connection is great as well as the filtering system. However we have played for 8 hours today and lost 4 games, and have played several with only melees and grenades to make itisomewhat interesting. It's impossible to get in the mood to try hard when you do find a decent game 1/10 times .these were great adjustments just in the wrong place. They should be applied to ranked so that people are matched properly, or doubles should be returned to ranked .this is an unplayable unfun version of this game .We definitely won't be playing this going forward if this is a long term deal .Almost nailed it, but actually way worse for people who play doubles or who enjoy competition in their competitive online multiplayer games .
Aim options halo ce, vertical look sensitivity doesn't change when I amp it
Can we please get a custom button layouts plz
I greatly love the match composer. However, I love playing H2A, yet there are so very few maps to play on, and even less for BTB (my new favorite). There are only 3 maps for H2A BTB, and not many more for 4v4s. I would like it if more maps get made for H2A, as there are many maps available from H2C.

Thank you for your time, and the great job 343 is doing for our beloved MCC.

-Triplex
FIX THE SPAWNING!
On Standoff a bunch of people camped in the corner spawn killing me and my team with the warthog turret.
seperate team slayer ar start from team slayer br start, im pretty sure most of the population means slayer brs when they set it to slayer, ar start is never fun and never will be
We can’t quick scroll through the “last carnage report” Left and Right trigger don’t work anymore.
It might be helpful to see the numbers of who is in what game...# in H1 8v8/4v4, # in H2, etc. This way at different times we'll know the chance we have of finding games.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. ...
  7. 11