Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insider: Match Composer/Aim Options Feedback

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 11
I have not been able to find a BTB game in H1 and H2. Include a population counter in order to know how many players are online. BTB was very impressive in 2004 for Halo 2, and that's what made this game competitive. Did you know they got rid off the ranked BTB because it was too hard to play and they decided to turn it into a social BTB playlist. Just fix this ASAP!
I have not been able to find a BTB game in H1 and H2. Include a population counter in order to know how many players are online. BTB was very impressive in 2004 for Halo 2, and that's what made this game competitive.
Getting a BTB game will probably require some type of coordination since the population is likely to be very small during the Insider tests and the majority will probably be searching 4's or 8's.
GAMES: All the games in this build Insider Edition MCC.

Most common complaint I have read thus far this particular Forum seems to be the difficulty finding games. The sparse sum total of insiders who are searching for games at any one time. Today, Sat. 10/27/18, since 8am my Central Time, I have yet to play my first insider editon, Matchmaking Arena Composer- sorted, Match. It's not from lack of advertising either. You guys saturated your web pages with encouragement for all of us to participate. Thanks!
10/27/18 Finally got a chance to test this out and had difficulty finding a game. I tried several presets with maxed out conditions and couldn't find any players after several minutes. I finally got a match with the slayer default preset. Oddly enough it put me in a H4 oddball match.
Is there a 1v1 option in the match composer? If not, can there be? I cant be the only one who wants to prove themselves individually. I mean, we see how popular solo is in modern heavy hitters like fortnite.

I haven't played head to head since halo 2. I missed it in 3 because of basic training. I heard the waypoints made it terrible though.
Searched all this past weekend during the scheduled Insider playtimes, got about...3 matches. Was trying to find 2v2 and 4v4 Slayer matches in CE or H2C.
I tested the match composer during the scheduled play times Friday, Saturday and Sunday and just wanted to pass along some feedback. I really like the idea of being able to chose what to play. First it allows everyone (mostly) to be happy and not want to quit out every game. It will also fix the issue of having players spread out over multiple playlists and hopefully allow for faster match times. One thing I did notice was that I wasn't finding games based on preferences. I selected SWAT and Snipers with every halo game as an option. I searched for several minutes and did not find anything. When i did, I found myself play normal slayer modes, which was weird because I did not have slayer selected. I was kind of bummed I wasn't able to play SWAT at all, but overall think the concept will be successful and I think it is a great addition to MCC!
Is there a 1v1 option in the match composer? If not, can there be? I cant be the only one who wants to prove themselves individually. I mean, we see how popular solo is in modern heavy hitters like fortnite.

I haven't played head to head since halo 2. I missed it in 3 because of basic training. I heard the waypoints made it terrible though.
This x100. With it only being 2 players, search times would be minimal. I HOPE this will get added because head to head was one of my favorites :)
Sinfvl wrote:

This x100. With it only being 2 players, search times would be minimal. I HOPE this will get added because head to head was one of my favorites :)
1v1 will be coming when the feature rolls out.
Postums wrote:
Sinfvl wrote:

What about FFA?
oGh L0RCH wrote:
Postums wrote:
Sinfvl wrote:

What about FFA?
FFA is not planned for Match Composer at this time.
Postums wrote:
oGh L0RCH wrote:
Postums wrote:
What about FFA?
FFA is not planned for Match Composer at this time.
So with the composer replacing social, that means no more FFA? Care to explain why there is such a lack of FFA in MCC? Midship & Lockout FFA are by far the most popular gametypes on Halo 2 PC, yet you can only play it in customs in MCC. Pretty much every Halo game since h2 has had a ranked + social FFA playlist, yet it is barely featured in MCC. As happy as I am to see 1v1 return, that was a very niche thing from h2 and h3 and it got removed fairly quickly in both games. Yet FFA has been a staple of Halo and it gets the short end of the stick.
Do not make nonconstructive posts or flame/attack others.

Spoiler:
Show
AshamanND wrote:
Is it possible to search more than one 'size' at a time?
What if all I want to do is queue for anything H2A, any size.
4v4 or 8v8.
Because I want those splatters and environmental kills.

Thoughts?
Just wanted to voice my support for this option.

Love the idea of searching for only CE games of any size - 4v4, 8v8, FFA, etc...
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Sinfvl wrote:

My man!
LarsBars wrote:
Raptor385 wrote:
Now don’t take this as unconstructive criticism, I’m trying to be as constructive to the feedback as possible with having only played 1 game last night.
Yeah I got a few games with Match Composer, but I had to open up my filters completely, and select everything. Kinda defeats the purpose of Match Composer. But this is a test and it sounds like people were having issues downloading it, so that would contribute to the population issues.

I tried the regular retail MCC and found a match in a few minutes.
I feel like instead of the complete update, 343 should have just come out with the match composer along with minor bug fixes. I believe it could have been more interesting since it would have allowed for a smaller scope with more focus to one goal - the ultimate success of the match composer. I haven't tried it, or even played MCC all together lately, but am anxious to see what comes out of this.
Match Composer:
First of all, I really like the idea of having this for social gaming in MCC. Since I live in Europe I'm not able to find a match in the insider build, gues I have to wait to the official release to test it. I'm wondering if it is possible to make the option Teamsize: ANY available? I like to play Social Slayer 90% but sometimes I'm feeling lucky to play anything in any Teamsize.

Keep up the good work. Before the update I played 99% Halo 5, 1% MCC. Now it's the other way arround.
Completely psyched for the release of match composer. Couldn't find games during testing but I assume population was an issue.

I don't know if you'll be making other changes when this releases but the idling thing...what a pain! I can understand it during the game, which isn't happening, but I don't understand it on the menus. If a teammate runs you get a water and he's party lead, it splits up the whole team and we end up taking more time to get back together than we would have waiting on him to get his water. Really not understanding the point. If someone isn't there we have the option to kick em...leave that decision to the party, please!

Or if somebody else goes to get water, the party lead can't start the game even though we know they'll be back in time for the game.
Etc. Etc
I agree with Buttrnu. Another option would be to implement a "ready check" (like cs go) once you find a game. That way no one is afk at the start of the game.

EDIT: So after the last testing phases were underwhelming due to low pop, we get another one with a 1 day notice. Maybe at least unlock custom games so one can try these changes out? I don't really feel like spending another three hours trying to get a game to test out aiming changes.
And still no oddball option on the composer...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 11