Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insider: Match Composer/Aim Options Feedback

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. ...
  8. 11
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The map sandbox did not load correctly, i was searching halo 3 4v4 with the slayer, snipers CTF, assault, KOTH and action sack presets on. After the connecting session message it loaded up the sandbox picture but the match did not start. All the players went right back to the pregame lobby and the connecting session message appeared again and the sandbox picture loaded up again but the map did not start again. We went right back to the pregame lobby again before a match of guardian successfully loaded.
  • RETRO STEPS: Wait until you get a game of H3 sandbox and see if it will load or not
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I managed to record one round of this occurring if it happens again I will record the whole process
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31Wf8iRqPPs&feature=youtu.be

Also take out last resort slayer from 4v4 h3 it does NOT play well

Also, Also, it's kind of weird that halo 3 1v1 uses the FFA color scheme make it red team vs blue team.

EDIT: Sandbox didn't load again, I recorded the whole process
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeuRNl1rklM&feature=youtu.be
  • MCC Halo Game: Halo 3
  • Issue/Feedback: Match composer was set to 4v4, all games and game modes available for 4v4. As o Bushwick said, the map sandbox wouldn't load (we where in the same game lobby when this happened). It showed the map loading screen, then took the entire 8 man lobby back out. So I backed out to the match composer screen, searched for a game again, and was matched instantly. This time it loaded sandbox again and kicked me back out, exactly like before. Later on, about a hour or so, it gave me the map Valhalla, and the same exact thing happened.
  • Retro Steps: I would play strictly Halo 3 4v4 since that was the game every time this happened, and see if it does the same thing.
Just gonna repost this as it's still present in the new build:

• MCC HALO GAME: Halo CE
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Vertical aiming is super slow. I play 10 sens in regular MCC so I put vertical and horizontal to 10, while horizontal feels alright, vertical feels like it's stuck on 3. Changing acceleration and controller dead zone did not help at all, no matter what I tried.
  • REPRO STEPS: Play regular MCC Halo CE on 10 sens and compare to Insider.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
If this isn't fixed in the retail version of the patch, CE will be unplayable for me.
More of an Question but .... if i set letz say sensitivity vertical and horizontal bouth to 1 does this equat to Classic sens setting 1 or are bouth then true sens 1 unlike current where horizontal is faster then vertical (same aplies to aim accel etc)? If not then some standart / preset settings would be nice ala Halo 5 ( where you can customize individually or change specific sens etc ( So People dont need to play around to find their settings again if they dont want to change anything / keep the calssic settings they played for years )
Halo 4 Grifball is extremely glitchy. Sometimes the framerate in the beginning of a round is unplayable, and announcer sound effects are played at incorrect times (for example, in the beginning of a round he says "GOAL!", and at the end of the game he'll say "Slayer Pro". I know for a fact something is up. Lastly I seem to be earning medals for things I'm not even doing. For example, I recieved the "First Touch" medal when 2 other people had already picked up the bomb that round.
oGh L0RCH wrote:
Just gonna repost this as it's still present in the new build:

• ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Vertical aiming is super slow. I play 10 sens in regular MCC so I put vertical and horizontal to 10, while horizontal feels alright, vertical feels like it's stuck on 3. Changing acceleration and controller dead zone did not help at all, no matter what I tried.
  • REPRO STEPS: Play regular MCC Halo CE on 10 sens and compare to Insider.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
If this isn't fixed in the retail version of the patch, CE will be unplayable for me.
I noticed this as well in the session from two weeks ago. I'm hoping when the next update comes out our settings stay the same and if we want to change them we can.
  • MCC HALO GAME: ALL
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Long wait time between matches
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I set the composer to search for matches on these parameters: Players: 4 vs 4 Gametypes: Swat, Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, Assault. It took between 15 and 20 minutes to find a match.
Famicorps wrote:
  • MCC HALO GAME: ALL
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Long wait time between matches
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I set the composer to search for matches on these parameters: Players: 4 vs 4 Gametypes: Swat, Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, Assault. It took between 15 and 20 minutes to find a match.
Likely population issue. This is a testing session, not general population.

Mordo3777 wrote:
Halo 4 Grifball is extremely glitchy. Sometimes the framerate in the beginning of a round is unplayable, and announcer sound effects are played at incorrect times (for example, in the beginning of a round he says "GOAL!", and at the end of the game he'll say "Slayer Pro". I know for a fact something is up. Lastly I seem to be earning medals for things I'm not even doing. For example, I recieved the "First Touch" medal when 2 other people had already picked up the bomb that round.
Known issue and already logged/tracking. :)
When's the match composer coming to MCC?
I was finding games in head to head 3 games after that nothing. but everyone says they find games in 20mins, I’ve waited hours. Played at the times when we are told to in the menu. Grrrr scares me we don’t have enough testing being done to make this work out. Make the insider build fully open!! make Microsoft advertise the insider build on the front page
of Xbox.com and on the dashboard.
AMA4N wrote:
When's the match composer coming to MCC?
After Dreamhack Atlanta
Glitched Medals and Improper Voice Clips:

While I was in game in Halo 4, Infinity Slayer. The medals were glitching out. A guy had a Rampage after 12 kills, and he had died, I had a Running Riot after 15 kills, but 5 deaths along the way. No Killing Spree or Frenzy by the way. I killed a Carbine user with a Carbine and got the King Joust medal. And finally, when the Slayer match ended, the announcer yelled "GOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!" Just some issues I came across from that one game. However, the medals displayed properly in the post game screen, as it showed I had a Killing Spree, not Riot. And the Regicide medal was no where to be found.
Disvalt wrote:
  • Issue/Feedback: Match composer was set to 4v4, all games and game modes available for 4v4. As o Bushwick said, the map sandbox wouldn't load (we where in the same game lobby when this happened). It showed the map loading screen, then took the entire 8 man lobby back out. So I backed out to the match composer screen, searched for a game again, and was matched instantly. This time it loaded sandbox again and kicked me back out, exactly like before. Later on, about a hour or so, it gave me the map Valhalla, and the same exact thing happened.
  • Retro Steps: I would play strictly Halo 3 4v4 since that was the game every time this happened, and see if it does the same thing.
This has been fixed. It was an issue in the XML setup for that map specifically. It didn't like an extra space and has been resolved.
Halo 2 Anniversary felt the best performance wise. I tried playing with my Halo 5 sensitivity options and it just felt way too fast with turn acceleration speed up to 10; default was ok though. I also play with an elite controller and noticed deadzone issues when set to zero. My controller is pretty new and doesn’t do that on Halo 5 or MCC regularly. Having the extra options for customization was nice: the more the better! The only real problem I had was long wait times for matches with specified settings, but I was expecting that for narrower search results.

Also a note while waiting for a match, I was removed from matchmaking because of an “idle player” in my party. Not sure what it meant as I was the only one on my xbox.

• ISSUE/FEEDBACK: At times the shotgun felt off… Shooting someone up close seemed to do less damage than far way.
  • REPRO STEPS: Multiplayer map “Rat Race”
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: N/A

• MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The aim assist/damage didn’t seem to register like it should.
  • REPRO STEPS: Use battle rifle in matchmaking.

• MCC HALO GAME: Halo 4
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: When playing CTF, everytime I picked up flag and dropped it, it would give me points and say flag captured.
  • REPRO STEPS: CTF game type, Multiplayer map “Solace”
Postums wrote:
Disvalt wrote:
This has been fixed. It was an issue in the XML setup for that map specifically. It didn't like an extra space and has been resolved.
Glad to hear it's fixed now! I really like that map so I was a little bummed out it didn't work.
  • MCC HALO GAME: All games
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Really enjoyed the match composer. It has so much potential. My one complaint is that I still regularly encountered games in which people were idle or quit. One theory behind the match composer is that you won't get stuck playing games you won't enjoy thus cutting down on idle players and quitters. This weekend strengthened my theory that most idle players and quitters were pulled in to a match before they were able to back out. I believe the continuous search feature is the leading cause of idle players and quitters. My friends and I just had our annual game week where we played MCC for 5 days straight. Multiple times we were pulled in to matches without the group ready as we got caught up discussing the last game, running to the bathroom, or grabbing snacks (we get caught up comparing stats and forget to back out). Might have to use the match composer release as an excuse for a 2nd game week.
Already clear that the transparent disclosure of the players' population would clearly show why the MCC is death in some playlists. But it also shows that it does not affect the whole MCC AND you're just a cool part of an exclusive community.
Thus, the playlists select themselves and everyone can understand it transparently, why his play list is unpopular and he does not find players. If it does not work, then just because the community obviously does not like it so much, then there can be no eccentric criticism turn to the manufacturer, but only doubt his individual taste.
Optionally one could at least have shown the waiting time. These measures could discourage players from getting frustrated with the MCC in bad memory.
As for the Composer this is what I gotta say.....
  1. There needs to be a option to turn off if your lone wolfing it. Because it's super annoying getting match up against a squad of players vs random lone wolf players. Like this is a problem has been a problem for to long and something needs to change.
  2. If a players want to play normal setting for every Halo game there needs to be a way for this to happen.
  3. If your doing a test on social aspects of the game then turn off Rank that way everyone is in one location.
  4. It would be nice to turn on or off for playing with with all Spartans, all Elites, or both.
  5. This one is a major thing that needs to happen if this custom mm is gonna workout. That is you need to be able to see the over all population for Social Section and then on the right of that tells you how many people are playing what you want to play. So for a example.... the Social Section it says 10,000 players overall. So if I put on No Slayer and but all objectives only the players count for something like this it will go from 10,000 to 1,000 players instead.
Sorry I meant to post this here in this thread but I put it into the multiplayer feedback section before I realized I needed to put it here...

I haven't tried it yet but I get no indication I can search multiple player count options at once (I.E. I would play Halo 2 slayer 1v1, 2v2, 4v4, or 8v8 with no preference to game size) and this would really open up my possible match-ups and speed up the searching process.
Will a FFA setting be added for six or 8 players be added?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. ...
  8. 11