1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
omarlotrc wrote:
GregoR wrote:
Noticing in the H2 Team Hardcore playlist that we are getting midship 80% of the games.
Gotta love no voting! ._.

This is exactly why Halo 5: Guardians' matchmaking got super repetitive for my friends and me. People might think that voting makes the same maps get picked over and over again, but in my experience, I've found that repetitive map and mode combinations occur more frequently when there is no voting process.

I really hope they do not intend on removing voting.
I hope that they do. Voting causes a lot more repetitive maps/modes; plus, it becomes near impossible for less popular maps/modes to be played.

The primary reasons you'd experience repetitive maps/modes within Halo 5:

• The playlist hopper simply has a duplicate map/mode option within it. Perhaps this was done on purpose to increase its weighting within the playlist; though, it's more likely that it was accidental and the playlist sustain team simply needs to remove the duplicate.
  • You back out of the playlist hopper and re-entered into it between matches. This resets the hopper's tracking of your recent maps & modes that you've played; therefore, it's unable to properly weigh the map/mode options per what the lobby has recently played. Thus, you significantly increase your chances of playing the same map/mode in consecutive games.
  • A playlist with very limited map/mode selections. Example: Quick Play which only has 3 options.
eLantern wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
GregoR wrote:
Noticing in the H2 Team Hardcore playlist that we are getting midship 80% of the games.

This is exactly why Halo 5: Guardians' matchmaking got super repetitive for my friends and me. People might think that voting makes the same maps get picked over and over again, but in my experience, I've found that repetitive map and mode combinations occur more frequently when there is no voting process.

I hope that they do. Voting causes a lot more repetitive maps/modes; plus, it becomes near impossible for less popular maps/modes to be played.

• The playlist hopper simply has a duplicate map/mode option within it. Perhaps this was done on purpose to increase its weighting within the playlist; though, it's more likely that it was accidental and the playlist sustain team simply needs to remove the duplicate.
  • You back out of the playlist hopper and re-entered into it between matches. This resets the hopper's tracking of your recent maps & modes that you've played; therefore, it's unable to properly weigh the map/mode options per what the lobby has recently played. Thus, you significantly increase your chances of playing the same map/mode in consecutive games.
  • A playlist with very limited map/mode selections. Example: Quick Play which only has 3 options.
So you think people should be forced to play a map that the majority of people in a lobby don't want to just because you haven't played it in a while?
omarlotrc wrote:
GregoR wrote:

They did say that it won't have voting, but I think they're open to veto if enough people request it.... Which people HAVE been for years. But surely 343 will come up with some excuse like "no veto/no vote means the map selection will be balanced..." Like no one ever played the same map twice in a row without voting on h5.... JUST BRING BACK VETO
Really sad we're probably not going to see a ranked H2 Middy FFA playlist. I feel like many competitive/hardcore H2 players never bothered to fill out that survey :(
Really sad we're probably not going to see a ranked H2 Middy FFA playlist. I feel like many competitive/hardcore H2 players never bothered to fill out that survey :(
man so true. Ultimately I just want them to fix this connection issue. On local gameplay its fine but when it comes to matchmaking h2c does not play smoothly, there is like a tick rate that is off, as well as lag input. Melees are still pretty shotty.
I love the fact that halo 2 graphics were remade. I do wish yall can redesign all multiplayer maps that existed on the original halo 2. They few that have been remade look amazing but there are still a lot of them that havent been upgraded such as backwash. It would be awesome to be able to experience it all new again
Still no game for me. Basically searching for players 24/7. Feels bad, man.
eLantern wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
GregoR wrote:

I never quit out of searches in Halo 5: Guardians. I would always stay in the queue and the same map would always appear, again and again. The last Insider flight had no voting, and it got insanely repetitive. I was playing with Naded, and we got CTF on The Pit FIVE times in a row. I'm not even exaggerating.

Having no voting system is going to harm the game. Not just because the game will get repetitive, but because having voting slots presents the opportunity to offer more content within a playlist. This is something Halo 4 did very well in my opinion. What I mean by that is, when you have three voting slots, you can make each voting slot mode-specific. So Slot 1 could be BR Slayer, Slot 2 could be Hardcore Slayer, and Slot 3 could be Objective. This, in my opinion, would be an efficient way to offer the content that people want while still ensuring a healthy population for all playlists.
omarlotrc wrote:
GregoR wrote:

They did say that it won't have voting, but I think they're open to veto if enough people request it.... Which people HAVE been for years. But surely 343 will come up with some excuse like "no veto/no vote means the map selection will be balanced..." Like no one ever played the same map twice in a row without voting on h5.... JUST BRING BACK VETO
Meh, veto is okay for Halo Reach, but once again you end up with repetitive maps. I think that voting should be two or three maps but only one gametype. Then just give the parties a 50/50 shot of getting slayer or objective (or weight it 60% slayer, 40% objective)...

For instance, consider if a party played the following four games in a row in a "non-MLG" playlist:
(Game 1) Multi-Bomb on [Sanctuary, Beaver Creek, Foundation](Game 2) Slayer BR [Midship, Lockout, Ascension](Game 3) Multi-Flag [Colossus, Beaver Creek, Backwash :\ ](Game 4) Slayer BR [Warlock, Ivory Tower, Zanzibar] You see that one gets map variety, and gametype variety. I just get sick of endless slayer matches.

Now what if one were to examine an MLG/Hardcore playlist instead?

(Game 1) Objective - [Neutral Bomb Midship], [Hill Beaver Creek], [Oddball Lockout](Game 2) Slayer - Warlock, Ivory Tower, Snipers Colossus (and yes this was an MLG gametype in '05, watch the first Ogres Montage)
(Game 3) Objective - Ball Warlock, Multi-Flag Sanctuary, Hill Lockout(Game 4) Slayer- Beaver Creek, Midship, LockoutObviously less variety, but MLG did use fewer maps. As an aside, it would be fun if the H2 hardcore playlist incorporated all the varieties of games. The '05 objective games had radar (see ogre 1s 41-0 custom game of MLG Hill on Lockout), as stated above there was Colossus Snipes (BR secondary), and there was even the weird gametypes like Backwash Hill, and Gemini slayer.

I believe the below was just about all of them played on the circuit at one time or another... Please correct if I am mistaken.

Beaver Creek: TS, Hill, Touch Return Flag
Colossus: Snipes (BR secondary)
Ivory Tower: TS, Hill, Oddball
Lockout: TS, Ball, Hill
Midship: TS, Neutral Bomb, Hill, Ball, Touch Return Flag
Sanctuary: TS (no-sniper on map in '06, no duals in '07), Multi-Flag, Hill (?)
Warlock: TS, Touch Return Flag, Ball, Hill
Foundation/Gemini/Backwash/Elongation: TS (part of the TS only tournament in '06)
Ran into some random server issues during our games last night that caused the game to freeze and skip for a couple seconds.
https://clips.twitch.tv/PopularPoorWitchPrimeMe
https://clips.twitch.tv/EasyFrailGrasshopperSoBayed
Nyssian wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
GregoR wrote:

Meh, veto is okay for Halo Reach, but once again you end up with repetitive maps. I think that voting should be two or three maps but only one gametype. Then just give the parties a 50/50 shot of getting slayer or objective (or weight it 60% slayer, 40% objective)...

For instance, consider if a party played the following four games in a row in a "non-MLG" playlist:
(Game 1) Multi-Bomb on [Sanctuary, Beaver Creek, Foundation](Game 2) Slayer BR [Midship, Lockout, Ascension](Game 3) Multi-Flag [Colossus, Beaver Creek, Backwash :\ ](Game 4) Slayer BR [Warlock, Ivory Tower, Zanzibar] You see that one gets map variety, and gametype variety. I just get sick of endless slayer matches.

(Game 1) Objective - [Neutral Bomb Midship], [Hill Beaver Creek], [Oddball Lockout](Game 2) Slayer - Warlock, Ivory Tower, Snipers Colossus (and yes this was an MLG gametype in '05, watch the first Ogres Montage)
(Game 3) Objective - Ball Warlock, Multi-Flag Sanctuary, Hill Lockout(Game 4) Slayer- Beaver Creek, Midship, LockoutObviously less variety, but MLG did use fewer maps. As an aside, it would be fun if the H2 hardcore playlist incorporated all the varieties of games. The '05 objective games had radar (see ogre 1s 41-0 custom game of MLG Hill on Lockout), as stated above there was Colossus Snipes (BR secondary), and there was even the weird gametypes like Backwash Hill, and Gemini slayer.

I believe the below was just about all of them played on the circuit at one time or another... Please correct if I am mistaken.

Foundation/Gemini/Backwash/Elongation: TS (part of the TS only tournament in '06)
it's either one or the other, except with your solution people can still pick favorites... Sure in veto you can KEEP a favorite but YOU don't know what the next map that would show up is. so you're taking a gamble unlike voting which shows ALL options and will skew in favor of one...

Then there's 343's stupid "no voting at all" which leaves no one happy... At least with veto you're actually taking a risk unlike voting in any capacity. I think veto is where Halo should have stayed... We saw what voting did to Reach, H4, and MCC. H5 at least mixes it up but doesn't give the player any sort of choice.... which sucks

and lets be honest. no solution will stop you from playing the same maps over and over again, unless 343 can figure out a way to check all the previous games of the party to find a common map that no one has played on 3 games in a row...
Over the course of the two flights so far, I have been playing solo-dolo without anyone to play along with me and have not been able to find a single player in the continuing build since after the final session on Saturday. What's going on??
Nyssian wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
GregoR wrote:

it's either one or the other, except with your solution people can still pick favorites... Sure in veto you can KEEP a favorite but YOU don't know what the next map that would show up is. so you're taking a gamble unlike voting which shows ALL options and will skew in favor of one...

Then there's 343's stupid "no voting at all" which leaves no one happy... At least with veto you're actually taking a risk unlike voting in any capacity. I think veto is where Halo should have stayed... We saw what voting did to Reach, H4, and MCC. H5 at least mixes it up but doesn't give the player any sort of choice.... which sucks

and lets be honest. no solution will stop you from playing the same maps over and over again, unless 343 can figure out a way to check all the previous games of the party to find a common map that no one has played on 3 games in a row...
I would take veto or voting over a lack of either any day.
Let us make and see our h2 emblems in game.
Fix the spawns to how they were originally.
Slow down the fire-rate of guns to match original gameplay, not h2v.
Hardcore gametypes: NO RADAR, WEAPONS ON MAP HUMAN, TOUCH RETURN
Fix tick-rate so superjumps work.
StriickY wrote:
Let us make and see our h2 emblems in game.
Fix the spawns to how they were originally.
Slow down the fire-rate of guns to match original gameplay, not h2v.
Hardcore gametypes: NO RADAR, WEAPONS ON MAP HUMAN, TOUCH RETURN
Fix tick-rate so superjumps work.
  1. This is the wrong thread for feedback, go to flight 3 thread: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/mcc-insider---flight-3-feedback---multiplayer/9419d996-565c-40e7-b66d-83ccd04813e3/posts?page=4#post68
  2. the rate of fire has been fixed already in the newer builds...
  3. the rest I agree with...
I'm noticing hit detection issues with the BR in Halo 2 classic, I'll headshot a player 5 or 6 times but they will kill me in 4 shots or even less.
I'm noticing hit detection issues with the BR in Halo 2 classic, I'll headshot a player 5 or 6 times but they will kill me in 4 shots or even less.
It would help the team a lot if you could provide some video evidence of you experiencing this.
It would help the team a lot if you could provide some video evidence of you experiencing this.
Been trying to, but for some reason MCC Insider clips won't upload to Gamedvr or xboxclips
Been trying to, but for some reason MCC Insider clips won't upload to Gamedvr or xboxclips
You can link them from your Xbox.com page.
Just had a question. I am not part of the insider program but was wandering if the grenade damage radius is reduced to the original halo 2 classic radius. In vista it is much greater. Thanks.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4