MCC Insider Program - Official Discussion Thread

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 30
Hey folks - We're excited to kick off registration for the MCC Insider Program as we partner with our community to help test work in progress builds in the coming weeks and months. For some additional info about the MCC update project and the MCC Insider Program, please visit the links below:
To register (or re-register) for the MCC Insider Program please visit this link: aka.ms/mccsignup
Please pay careful attention to each field, provide a valid gamertag, provide a valid email address, and make sure you meet the program requirements.

Please note that the the LAST DAY to register for the MCC Insider Programs Monday, 8/13, at 12PM PDT. Anyone who registers before 8/13 at 12PM PDT will gain build access the afternoon of Monday, 8/13.

Players who can’t access the MCC Insider build who think they should, fall into one (or more) of the following categories:
  • The Xbox Gamertag that was used at the time of MCC Insider registration has since changed
  • Gamertag was entered incorrectly at the time of registration
  • Invalid contact email was provided (either intentionally or via a typo)
  • Registrant didn’t meet the requirements of the program – i.e. they’re under age 18, don’t have Xbox Live, don’t have an Xbox One, and/or are in an unsupported region
The bad news is that if the MCC Insider build isn’t showing up for you in the Xbox Insider App, you’re not successfully enrolled in the program.

MISSING MCC INSIDER BUILD
If you’ve followed the steps above and believe you should be in the MCC Insider fight but can’t see the build, you’re NOT properly enrolled in the program. First, double check you’re using the same gamertag you used to register for the MCC Insider Program. If you are, and it’s not showing up, you’ll want to re-register for the MCC Insider Program and then you’ll receive access on the following Monday.

CAN'T INSTALL MCC INSIDER BUILD
We are aware of an issue where in some cases, the MCC Insider Build will show up but the Install button is grayed out / unavailable. The following steps should allow you to work around this issue:
  1. Press the Xbox Jewel (“guide button”) and navigate to “Settings” inside of the System tab.
  2. Highlight “System” and select “Console Info”.
  3. Choose to “Reset Console” with the “Reset and keep my games & apps.”
Please use this thread for questions, comments and general discussion related to the MCC Insider Program!
I'm assuming these flight programs will be on weekends? Obvious reasons would be do to more flighters online then versus during the week do to work and school? Also with MM getting dedicated servers is there plans as the flight program progresses with more and more people being added to it does the MCC team plan on stress testing these servers like Rare did for SOT before the final release is launched?
If you have already signed up via email and completed the registration survey are any additional steps necessary?
If you have already signed up via email and completed the registration survey are any additional steps necessary?
I'm pretty sure that's it for now until they announce the test dates.
If you don't have it installed already - you need the "Xbox Insider Hub" installed on your Xbox One. That is how you're going to be able to install the separate version of MCC (assuming that they're going to take the same route Rare did with Sea of Thieves during their beta [not the Alpha]) and how you'll actually be able to play the updates before they get released to the general public.

I'm thinking they're going to have the MCC, as you'd just buy it from a retailer or off the marketplace as a game.
Then there will be a second MCC game that is used for updates.

In short, you signed up via email and completed the registration survey - all you need is the "Xbox Insider Hub" downloaded on your Xbox One (which you need to be an Xbox Insider to do, which hopefully you are already).
A single question for you at the bottom. Everything leading up to it is for context.

@Jessabirdy said this on Twitter:
Quote:
Exciting to see how many of you are eager to join the MCC Insider Program! Given the volume, we are working on another solution to get folks signed up. Until then have a great weekend!
When she says "Given the volume, we are working on another's solution to get folks signed up", that implies that there are a ton of people signing up. The way it's worded, it makes it sound like it's just constant and had to be cut off at some point for said other solution.

Since the flighting program was announced for MCC (just over 3 months ago), literally not a single soul I've talked to on Xbox has been aware of it even existing, or even knowing MCC was getting updated. Worth noting that these people are always playing customs in MCC, so it's not a matter of them being away from MCC and just being unaware a single a result.

Now, the people who do know about it mainly consist of "Reach and a file browser is going to be in the update". For one, everyone still thinks that there's just going a single magic update that will fix MCC in its entirety... Second, from you guys bringing up that you're aware people want Reach (ODST as well) and confirming that a Custom Games Browser is on the dock for the game - people take "we're are people want" as "we're aware people want all of this, so it's coming right away)...

I've been telling people about the program from the day it's been announced, with every update released and updating people via gamechat, partychat, Reddit, clubs on Xbox - etc, and it feels like people still have no clue what this program is, or again - are even aware of MCC getting updates again in the Fira the place...

It's great to hear that there are apparently huge amounts of people signing up for the flight program - but on Xbox talking to every person playing Halo still (MCC, H5, HW2 - you name it), no one seems to know anything about I think - and most people don't even know that it exist... To the point that it's frustrating explaining it...
---------------------------------------------------
So my question is this:
How are you going to get more players aware and properly informed (Halo players and the Xbox community in general) on the MCC Flight Program? Leading up to the first update release, and afterwards right up until the flight program concludes (which won't be for a while, hopefully)... Unless there are wizards that work at light speed that were chosen to fix this.
If you don't have it installed already - you need the "Xbox Insider Hub" installed on your Xbox One. That is how you're going to be able to install the separate version of MCC (assuming that they're going to take the same route Rare did with Sea of Thieves during their beta [not the Alpha]) and how you'll actually be able to play the updates before they get released to the general public.

I'm thinking they're going to have the MCC, as you'd just buy it from a retailer or off the marketplace as a game.
Then there will be a second MCC game that is used for updates.

In short, you signed up via email and completed the registration survey - all you need is the "Xbox Insider Hub" downloaded on your Xbox One (which you need to be an Xbox Insider to do, which hopefully you are already).
Thanks! I’m all signed up in that program so I should be all set.
I'm assuming these flight programs will be on weekends? Obvious reasons would be do to more flighters online then versus during the week do to work and school? Also with MM getting dedicated servers is there plans as the flight program progresses with more and more people being added to it does the MCC team plan on stress testing these servers like Rare did for SOT before the final release is launched?
The majority of focused play times/activities will indeed be aligned with weekends to allow for maximum participation. However, we are also discussing just leaving the flights active to let people who feel inclined to continue playing (though the population will vary dramatically and depending on the content available in the build, there may not be a way to play unless we have a critical mass).

We will definitely publish and communicate the specific schedule details for coordinated play times for each flight.
---------------------------------------------------
So my question is this:How are you going to get more players aware and properly informed (Halo players and the Xbox community in general) on the MCC Flight Program? Leading up to the first update release, and afterwards right up until the flight program concludes (which won't be for a while, hopefully)... Unless there are wizards that work at light speed that were chosen to fix this.
For now, we're feeling good about the # of people who have already signed up. Considering that we're going to have to limit the actual playtest audience to only a subset of people who have signed up, we don't feel the need to do additional promotion/recruiting at this time. For perspective, we're thinking that perhaps ~10% of the current group that's signed up for the MCC Insider Program will actually be activated/invited to participate in the first flight. As the project progresses and the content and test scope for subsequent flights increase, more people will be invited. But to start, we want to keep it intentionally very small and focused to make sure things are all going smoothly before potentially exposing an even larger audience to issues or poor experience (some of which is unavoidable by the sheer nature of a 'flighting' program).

When the time comes, we have the ability to light up the in-game MOTD within Halo 5 and MCC, both of which would be super obvious to players and drive even more engagement. Also, once we get started and news starts trickling out and eventually participants are allowed to talk about it or stream, I think word of mouth will also drive even more interest.

Thanks for your concern though - for now we aren't too worried about #s but we will be monitoring closely and will escalate if we need to.
You'll want to make sure you've signed up for the Xbox Insider Program and have the app installed on your console. Beyond that, there's nothing left to do but sit tight. I keep stressing this but please keep in mind that not everyone will get invited to participate in the first/early flights. The program is going to start small, with just a fraction of the current MCC Insider population, and grow over time as the scope of content and testing grows. I know people will inevitably be bummed if they feel they're "missing out" but these first flights will be super limited and honestly, probably not exactly what I'd call "fun." We have to prioritize our testing needs and be aware of risks and sort out processes first, and then we'll slowly bring in more and more people (while hopefully not burning out / losing too many people along the way).
ske7ch wrote:
You'll want to make sure you've signed up for the Xbox Insider Program and have the app installed on your console. Beyond that, there's nothing left to do but sit tight. I keep stressing this but please keep in mind that not everyone will get invited to participate in the first/early flights. The program is going to start small, with just a fraction of the current MCC Insider population, and grow over time as the scope of content and testing grows. I know people will inevitably be bummed if they feel they're "missing out" but these first flights will be super limited and honestly, probably not exactly what I'd call "fun." We have to prioritize our testing needs and be aware of risks and sort out processes first, and then we'll slowly bring in more and more people (while hopefully not burning out / losing too many people along the way).
As someone who works in software development I certainly can appreciate this approach. You don’t need dozens of people to give you the same feedback point.

Im still just impressed to see 343 taking their time and doing this update tie “right” way. It’s a bog change from what happened to MCC back at launch.
Perfect... Already regusregis! Ready to help to improve MCC!
Thanks for the update Ske7ch. I’m all signed up and ready to go.

What kind of playlists can we expect for the initial flightings?
Already signed up in the morning.
I have already got a "yes" that there is an NDA on the testing. But are we going to be able to talk about it here? What exactly are the limitations to information on the testing?
Johny45k wrote:
I have already got a "yes" that there is an NDA on the testing. But are we going to be able to talk about it here? What exactly are the limitations to information on the testing?
I'm sure when the flight tests begin you'll get a notification of what can or cannot be said in addition to posting video's or social media etc.
Johny45k wrote:
I'm sure when the flight tests begin you'll get a notification of what can or cannot be said in addition to posting video's or social media etc.
Probably. Just wanting to see if we had official confirmation yet.
Are you guys going to open a discord for testing and feedback?
Johny45k wrote:
Johny45k wrote:
Probably. Just wanting to see if we had official confirmation yet.
That is pretty much confirmed when it comes to NDA's. I'm sure you can be like it's running amazing or it's awesome, but you can't go into specifics. I deal with this a lot at my work so I'm familiar with NDA's.
Will the builds require full new downloads of MCC each time or will only small updates be pushed?

It's not exactly a small title so just wanting to plan accordingly. :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 30