OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
Hello MCC Insiders,

A few short weeks ago we sent out Flight 3.0 to the MCC Insiders and it was quickly identified that corruption was present with intelligent install. We believe we have a fix in place for this but need many more test cases to verify. This is where all of you come in.

We need everyone in the MCC Insider Program who have access to flight 3.0 to help us test a fix for this bug, so that we can move onto Phase 2 of Flight 3.0! If everyone participates in helping us check this fix, we can then begin to invite even more people into the program.

Here is the step-by-step process you’ll need to follow: As of 7/20 11:30 AM PT you can still complete steps 1 through 3.
  • Step 1: Uninstall your MCC Insider build today, Thursday, July 19th, 2018.
  • Step 2: Install the new build (v.1.466.1.0) releasing at 11:00 AM PT on 7/19.
  • Step 3: Launch the new build and go past the main menu.
Note: It will crash if you proceed into some of the game modes – this is okay the build is not a complete one.
  • Step 4: The next updated build will be coming out around 9PM PST on Friday, 7/20 which you we would like you to customize the installation via intelligent install on.
  • Step 5: Check for corruption in the various games you installed.
That’s it.

We need these steps followed to verify intelligent installations no longer corrupt any areas of the game. However, if any of these steps are not followed correctly, the entire test will be invalidated – so please make sure you follow each one closely.

The results from this test will help us to verify that we have indeed fixed the corrupted installs, and will allows us to begin moving onto Phase 2 of Flight 3.0. It is very important to follow each of these steps and we can’t emphasize them enough. Thank you again for your participation in the MCC Insider program!

Cheers,
Postums and Team
Already uninstalling mine. Ready to help.
Post has been corrected. Deleted my original post.
By tomorrow morning, you mean today? 🙃 - OP already corrected
By tomorrow morning, you mean today? 🙃
I wrote it last night - thank you for the catch as I have updated it.
FYI: To reinstall you will need to go to the Insider app, select “see in store” and download from there.
If you are unable to re-install the new build being released today at 11:00 AM PT please follow these steps.

1. Navigate to the Insider App portion for the MCC Insider
  2. Select "Manage" and choose to unenroll in the MCC Insider.
  3. Turn off your Xbox One.
  4. Unplug the power cord for 10 seconds and then plug it back in and turn it on.
  5. Relaunch the Insider App and Navigate to the MCC Insider portion.
  6. Select to re-enroll.
  7. Select the Store and see you have the option to re-install.
Cheers,
Postums
Do you mean in the first step to uninstall the current build by the morning of Friday July 20th instead of the 19th? It's already past morning everywhere except on the West Coast.
By tomorrow morning, you mean today? 🙃
Thursday, July 19th, 2018.
So just to clarify, if we haven't been invited into the flights as of yet, wouldn't we still only have the retail build of MCC? i.e. only the people who were already playing the new updates are able to uninstall the insider build?
Will do. My internet sucks though so it probably won’t be finished re-installing until Monday at the absolute earliest :/
What if it doesn't crash?
So just to clarify, if we haven't been invited into the flights as of yet, wouldn't we still only have the retail build of MCC? i.e. only the people who were already playing the new updates are able to uninstall the insider build?
Only players who are in the MCC Insider Program need to do this.

People who do not have the MCC Insider builds installed do not need to do this.
Snipe N21 wrote:
What if it doesn't crash?
Build v.1.466.1.0 is a 100% crash on launch of a gametype and mode as the chunks for the various campaigns and MPs are gone. It is an incomplete build.
Postums wrote:

Okay, thats where I'm confused. I'm in the Insider program but did not get invited into the first two Flights, and I don't know that I've downloaded any new builds for MCC as part of this process, I thought I was still rocking the retail build. Am I wrong about that?
Downloading now
Postums wrote:

Okay, thats where I'm confused. I'm in the Insider program but did not get invited into the first two Flights, and I don't know that I've downloaded any new builds for MCC as part of this process, I thought I was still rocking the retail build. Am I wrong about that?
Only the first two flight participants are in this flight...
Postums wrote:

Only the first two flight participants are in this flight...
That's fine but the phrase "We need ALL members of the MCC Insider Program to help test this bug" does lead me to some confusion
I installed the game through insider how by viewing in store. The game installed, but it won't open from the store, nor will it show up in my games and apps.

Edit: Had to hard reset, game shows in my games now.
Reinstalling while I play Mythic Shotty Snipes. I am one of the cool kids now.
When is it supposed to crash? My steps:

1. Uninstalled.
  2. Installed and got build 1.466.1.0.
  3. Multiplayer->Find Game->H2A Team Arena.
  4. Get prompted that I need to install new content. I say OK, and "Accept Selection" when I get to that screen. H2 and H3 campaign and multiplayer are checked, everything else is not.
Now it's just sitting there not really doing anything, as far as I can tell. No crash.

Also tried starting another game, then went back to the Insider build; same results. No crash.
Postums wrote:
Hello MCC Insiders,

A few short weeks ago we sent out Flight 3.0 to the MCC Insiders and it was quickly identified that corruption was present with intelligent install. We believe we have a fix in place for this but need many more test cases to verify. This is where all of you come in.

We need everyone in the MCC Insider Program to help us test a fix for this bug, so that we can move onto Phase 2 of Flight 3.0! If everyone participates in helping us check this fix, we can then begin to invite even more people into the program.

Here is the step-by-step process you’ll need to follow:
  • Step 1: Uninstall your MCC Insider build today, Thursday, July 19th, 2018.
  • Step 2: Install the new build (v.1.466.1.0) releasing at 11:00 AM PT on 7/19.
  • Step 3: Launch the new build and go past the main menu.
Note: It will crash – this is okay, we need you to do this only once.Once we reach a certain number of individuals that have completed Step 3, Step 4 will start.
  • Step 4: Friday, July 20th at TBD PT install the new build updated that day and customize the installation intelligent install.
  • Step 5: Check for corruption in the various games you installed.
That’s it.

We need these steps followed to verify intelligent installations no longer corrupt any areas of the game. However, if any of these steps are not followed correctly, the entire test will be invalidated – so please make sure you follow each one closely.

The results from this test will help us to verify that we have indeed fixed the corrupted installs, and will allows us to begin moving onto Phase 2 of Flight 3.0. It is very important to follow each of these steps and we can’t emphasize them enough. Thank you again for your participation in the MCC Insider program!

Cheers,
Postums and Team
Step 2 is now available.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10