Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insiders: Call to Action! 7/20/18

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. ...
  6. 10
So far the installation process has been a little confusion, but with a little bit of patience I have been able to play a mission on each Halo game. The one thing I did notice is that when you save and quit a single player game it was bringing me back to Halo CE even though I was saving and quitting from Halo 4. There is some small graphical issues with Anniversary edition on Halo CE. I also had about a 2 minute freeze with when coming back into the game from pausing to go to the home screen. Once back in the game is allowed me to move for about a second before freezing for about 2 solid minutes, but once it freed up I was able to continue on and complete the missing (I was on the 1st mission on Halo 4.) Whilst I like the selective downloading part of the process it could use some polish on that screen (maybe more detail about the progression vs. just a percentage as when testing one could wonder if the screen has froze. Also found myself constantly traveling in the download game screen to see what my progress was (it did not take long but it was not as clear as I would like.) Love the 4K stuff. Halo 4 almost looks like a current generation game on my X. Great Job can't wait to see what the finish product looks like.
So far the installation process has been a little confusion, but with a little bit of patience I have been able to play a mission on each Halo game. The one thing I did notice is that when you save and quit a single player game it was bringing me back to Halo CE even though I was saving and quitting from Halo 4. There is some small graphical issues with Anniversary edition on Halo CE. I also had about a 2 minute freeze with when coming back into the game from pausing to go to the home screen. Once back in the game is allowed me to move for about a second before freezing for about 2 solid minutes, but once it freed up I was able to continue on and complete the missing (I was on the 1st mission on Halo 4.) Whilst I like the selective downloading part of the process it could use some polish on that screen (maybe more detail about the progression vs. just a percentage as when testing one could wonder if the screen has froze. Also found myself constantly traveling in the download game screen to see what my progress was (it did not take long but it was not as clear as I would like.) Love the 4K stuff. Halo 4 almost looks like a current generation game on my X. Great Job can't wait to see what the finish product looks like.
Good to know the Master Chief Saga playlist is still glitched. This was the only achievement I cheesed towards 100 percent completion of it. This should be a priority for the team to fix. To anyone that isn't aware there is an achievement tied to this where you complete the MCC saga playlist. This is a highly bugged playlist where players will have their progress reset several games back when continuing their progress. So far based off FB here and on True Achievement's the playlist usually pushes you back to either the first two levels either in Halo CE or Halo 2 ( more so the former then the latter). If this is issue is to do multiple game engines in the same playlist. I would suggest in my opinion to let the achievement pop or unlock as long as you can complete all the campaigns individually on Normal or higher.
Darth Nint wrote:
H3 is finally working for me with the latest build. No more corruption issues!
Spoke too soon... sadly my portion of H2A MP is corrupted (H2 Classic works fine though). I've got the feeling that Phase 2 will be once again delayed...
ronnie42 wrote:
Followed 1, 2...impossible to continue.
Once the uninstall is done there is no way to access the new build.
Updated based on this quote.
Got a new Alpha dash update...only able to download the older Mcc Insider build...temporary build does not exist. So basicially means it's impossible to test the temporary build.

Basicially the only build for me is 1.468.1.0
Nothing related to 1.466.1 exists
Darth Nint wrote:
Darth Nint wrote:
Spoke too soon... sadly my portion of H2A MP is corrupted (H2 Classic works fine though). I've got the feeling that Phase 2 will be once again delayed...
Sad face!

Granted I'm glad 343 is taking stuff before its sent out.
Is anyone else struggling to find players to play with? I can’t find any players to compete against in any playlist. Unless I somehow got the timing wrong for the last session?
Well, now I’m missing the Friday Play Test date because of the ineptness of 343! I can’t believe how you can screw up a build roll out “due to not enough people made their games crash” COME ON!
No, not because of 343. Because people who signed up for the Insider Program and said they'd help didn't follow through.

Don't blame 343 for your compatriots' ineptitude.
You want to blame the volunteers? The people who arent obligated to follow through by releasing a working product? Why people come to this companies defense is beyond me. Yes I am and insider, and I help when I can/WANT TO. But Im also of the mind that they should be held accountable for putting us in a position of helping them fix their 3 year old product.
Calling volunteers inept is the right way to go in your opinion... Wow.
Well, now I’m missing the Friday Play Test date because of the ineptness of 343! I can’t believe how you can screw up a build roll out “due to not enough people made their games crash” COME ON!
No, not because of 343. Because people who signed up for the Insider Program and said they'd help didn't follow through.

You want to blame the volunteers? The people who arent obligated to follow through by releasing a working product? Why people come to this companies defense is beyond me. Yes I am and insider, and I help when I can/WANT TO. But Im also of the mind that they should be held accountable for putting us in a position of helping them fix their 3 year old product.
When people signed up to the Insider program to join the MCC flighting, they were made aware that they may have to perform certain tasks. This was one of them. They asked the MCC Insiders to perform this task in order to gather data on specific points on their end. So yes, it is absolutely up to the people who volunteered to help test things. If one cannot commit to helping perform certain tasks/activities as requested by a company who is asking for a very specific purpose, then the only people to blame are those in the program who did not comply.

There are plenty of people who would have jumped at the chance to help out and would have followed through. If you can't/won't commit to being able to follow instructions provided, don't sign up to a flight that may require specific things be done.

If at any time you wish to no longer participate in either scheduled or impromptu test events, or if you wish to no longer receive MCC Insider builds or emails, feel free to opt out of the program via the emails which were sent to you. While we appreciate everyone's eagerness to help us with our update effort, we understand that not everyone will be able to actually participate. Right now, the Insider Program is closed off to very few people. We have intentionally tried to pick a representative group of people who will stress our systems and features the most by participating regularly and communicating with us directly. If people who are not participating decide to stay in without intention to test, they are taking a spot away from someone who has been waiting and will test.

We appreciate every Insider who has helped us thus far, whether it have been in Flight 1 only or throughout every play session we have scheduled since we started. We are doing this so we can offer a direct line to visible change in MCC. This community is one of the most vocal and it is important that you are heard.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Got a new Alpha dash update...only able to download the older Mcc Insider build...temporary build does not exist. So basicially means it's impossible to test the temporary build.

There were some issues with Alpha users getting the build throughout the week. The test was the update path between 466 and 468. Temp was just there as a setup piece for the update. Now that 468 is out, we have been getting that data we need and the build is now complete and playable. Feel free to enjoy what's new in 468. H3 maps are back, file sharing is enabled, and there's a handful of new bug fixes!
Do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans.

Spoiler:
Show
IK Grubb wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

There were some issues with Alpha users getting the build throughout the week. The test was the update path between 466 and 468. Temp was just there as a setup piece for the update. Now that 468 is out, we have been getting that data we need and the build is now complete and playable. Feel free to enjoy what's new in 468. H3 maps are back, file sharing is enabled, and there's a handful of new bug fixes!
Real talk we need skill and party matching as soon as the update drops. The community is falling apart over this problem we need a confirmation that this will be put in the game with the first update.
Both of those requests are being actively investigated and worked on. In flight, it's difficult to test that due to the low population. Stay tuned for more updates on this topic.
IK Grubb wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

Thanks for that, found the whole thing confusing since I got the email over the weekend, couldn't get the build that was mentioned.
Salroth wrote:
Is anyone else struggling to find players to play with? I can’t find any players to compete against in any playlist. Unless I somehow got the timing wrong for the last session?
I often have a hard time finding players during off hours but once the test times come on I can usually find a game within a few minutes or so, not as fast as the regular mcc but I imagine thats due to fewer people having the prerelease version.
Personally I had very little problem getting and playing the current build, it was a little confusing last Friday but Saturday with a little persistence and looking over the instructions from the email from 343 I got the current version installed. I had no problem playing the campaigns throughout the weekend, I did have 1 or 2 long wait times to get into a multiplayer game but once in the next games were very timely to get in. I appreciate being a part of this and I expect some problems with a testing build.
So when is the insider going to open to the rest of us who signed up. Been waiting months now.
xX TuRkk wrote:
So when is the insider going to open to the rest of us who signed up. Been waiting months now.
wonder the same thing.. lol
Darth Nint wrote:
Darth Nint wrote:
Last update since I've finally downloaded every part of the game.

WORKING:
- HCE Campaign
- HCE Multiplayer
- H2 Classic Multiplayer
- H3 Campaign
- H3 Multiplayer
- H4 Campaign

CORRUPTED:
- H2 Campaign (the game returns to the main menu every time I try to load a mission)
- H2 Anniversary Multiplayer (the game freezes every time I try to load a map, and the Custom Games menu is all glitched up)
- H4 Multiplayer (same as above)

This is on the italian version of the game, btw.
xX TuRkk wrote:
wonder the same thing.. lol
343 are working through the last few issues related to Intelligent Delivery, as soon as those have been cleared up they'll be looking to open up to all Insiders.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. ...
  6. 10