Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insiders: Call to Action! 7/20/18

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
Postums wrote:
So just to clarify, if we haven't been invited into the flights as of yet, wouldn't we still only have the retail build of MCC? i.e. only the people who were already playing the new updates are able to uninstall the insider build?
Only players who are in the MCC Insider Program need to do this.

People who do not have the MCC Insider builds installed do not need to do this.
Okay, thats where I'm confused. I'm in the Insider program but did not get invited into the first two Flights, and I don't know that I've downloaded any new builds for MCC as part of this process, I thought I was still rocking the retail build. Am I wrong about that?
If you have not been invited to the MCC Insider flights - you do not need to do anything.
This is ONLY for people who have been invited to the MCC Insider flighted builds.
Banamy wrote:
Downloading now
Did you make sure you uninstall prior? If you didn't uninstall prior the test is invalid.
Dr Leo wrote:
When is it supposed to crash? My steps:

1. Uninstalled.
  2. Installed and got build 1.466.1.0.
  3. Multiplayer->Find Game->H2A Team Arena.
  4. Get prompted that I need to install new content. I say OK, and "Accept Selection" when I get to that screen. H2 and H3 campaign and multiplayer are checked, everything else is not.
Now it's just sitting there not really doing anything, as far as I can tell. No crash.

Also tried starting another game, then went back to the Insider build; same results. No crash.
Apparently it may not crash. I know it's an incomplete build and was told it would crash. Feel free to play if it doesn't.
Can't re-install the game as the install button is disabled.
Didn’t crash for me either.
Postums wrote:
Banamy wrote:
Downloading now
Did you make sure you uninstall prior? If you didn't uninstall prior the test is invalid.
Yes I did. I got it installed now.
okay I followed all the steps and after re installing im at the press play option and nothing is happening !!
Postums wrote:
Dr Leo wrote:

1. Uninstalled.
  4. Get prompted that I need to install new content. I say OK, and "Accept Selection" when I get to that screen. H2 and H3 campaign and multiplayer are checked, everything else is not.
Now it's just sitting there not really doing anything, as far as I can tell. No crash.

Also tried starting another game, then went back to the Insider build; same results. No crash.
Apparently it may not crash. I know it's an incomplete build and was told it would crash. Feel free to play if it doesn't.
I can't play, because all of the content shows up as uninstalled and it keeps prompting me to install the content. I don't see any sign it actually is downloading additional content, though.

Let us know if there is anything useful we can do when it doesn't crash!
MissaRed24
RECRUIT - BRONZE
okay I followed all the steps and after re installing im at the press play option and nothing is happening !!

update: okay so i turned off the x box again and when it turned on the notification showed finally. It loaded and its never crashed !! i go hit find game and see HCE team doubles; H2A team arena and team action sack.

They all say missing content on them though but when i go to see its all selected .... this is a bit confusing so any help would be good
Dr Leo wrote:

1. Uninstalled.

Also got no crash. I'm able to load up H3 as that's the only game thats apparently in the new build, not H2 or CE.

edit: quit the build and started it back up and now it won't start... is this the crash you guys are on about? 0x87e105dc
No crash here
The old build has been updated automatically to v.1.466.1.0, and didn't crash anywhere once.

I however deleted that version (albeit being the newest one), and tried to re-install the build like mentioned in the description but couldn't re-install right away from the store.

I then did what Postums explained above: un-enrolled etc.

Now I re-started my XB1 and joined the MCC Insider Program again. After being accepted, it brought me to the store, but the button for "Install" is still greyed out/disabled.

Ergo I cannot re-install the MCC:I again in spite of having followed the steps.

What shall I do now?

I tried it two times now. Unplugged everything, even Internet, waited for the MCC:I to un-enroll me first ... can't re-install it afterwards.

Strange enough that I seem to be the only person who had to do nothing at all to get the new build, because it was all updated automatically. All of those steps weren't neccessary.
Can't re-install the game as the install button is disabled.
Same problem here.
Dumb question: when the latest build becomes available on Friday, do I need to uninstall the v.1.466.1.0 build? Or it's fine to download it as an update to the latter?
Uninstalled the whole thing, went back and reinstalled it - no crash. I made sure I followed the steps properly, though maybe it didn't crash since CE and 4 were considered "Not yet installed" by the Intelligent Delivery screen?

Either way, how do you get the new updates when they're ready? Does it just download it automatically or is there something more you need to do?
Hey

i uninstall it and did the full unenroll, turn Xbox off etc
and it still hasn't popped
any more help
I have installed 3 times now and the MCC insider app will not show up. It appears as a blank app and will not launch the game.

Nevermind, re-enrolled in the program and download worked fine..
Though I did not crash after title menu and am currently at the Main menu.
Is it supposed to be iconless, titleless, and appear in Apps? I downloaded it once, tried to open it, and nothing happened. The system sounds indicate I was pressing the button, but nothing was happening. Redownloading now after unenrolling, turning off and on, and then reenrolling, but it still has no icon or title, and it still appears in Apps. I also got my invite email just today, if that matters.
I followed all of the steps listed in the thread, but the game didn't crash. The build number is shown as 1.466.1.0 in the main menu.
Rinayah wrote:
Is it supposed to be iconless, titleless, and appear in Apps? I downloaded it once, tried to open it, and nothing happened. The system sounds indicate I was pressing the button, but nothing was happening. Redownloading now after unenrolling, turning off and on, and then reenrolling, but it still has no icon or title, and it still appears in Apps. I also got my invite email just today, if that matters.
Uninstall from that tile but DON'T LEAVE THE SCREEN. When it's uninstalled, you'll have an option to "See in store" at the top. Go there and try downloading.

That's how I got it to install.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10