Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insiders: Call to Action! 7/20/18

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
Banamy wrote:
I installed the game through insider how by viewing in store. The game installed, but it won't open from the store, nor will it show up in my games and apps.

Edit: Had to hard reset, game shows in my games now.
I have the same problem as this. I uninstalled the build then installed the new Insider build through the Xbox Insider App. The Insider build does not show up in my games and apps, and when I press play through the store nothing happens. I have hard reset my Xbox One and am still expriencing the same issues. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: After turning off and leaving unplugged was able to find the MCC:I in my games and apps and launch a few hours later.
If anyone having trouble re-install; try this solution from Postums below.

Postums wrote:
FYI: To reinstall you will need to go to the Insider app, select “see in store” and download from there.
If you are unable to re-install the new build being released today at 11:00 AM PT please follow these steps.

1. Navigate to the Insider App portion for the MCC Insider
  2. Select "Manage" and choose to unenroll in the MCC Insider.
  3. Turn off your Xbox One.
  4. Unplug the power cord for 10 seconds and then plug it back in and turn it on.
  5. Relaunch the Insider App and Navigate to the MCC Insider portion.
  6. Select to re-enroll.
  7. Select the Store and see you have the option to re-install.
Cheers,
Postums
This build are incomplete so game may or may not crash.

Postums wrote:
FYI: To reinstall you will need to go to the Insider app, select “see in store” and download from there.
If you are unable to re-install the new build being released today at 11:00 AM PT please follow these steps.

4. Unplug the power cord for 10 seconds and then plug it back in and turn it on.
  6. Select to re-enroll.
Cheers,
Postums
I've done that four times now. It doesn't work. The "Install" button in the store is still disabled for me.

Maybe it's too late here, so it won't work anymore? 22:17 pm.

Anything else I could do to re-install the MCC:I?

I was stupid enough in the first place to delete it anyway, since it's been updated automatically.
Postums wrote:
So just to clarify, if we haven't been invited into the flights as of yet, wouldn't we still only have the retail build of MCC? i.e. only the people who were already playing the new updates are able to uninstall the insider build?
Only players who are in the MCC Insider Program need to do this.

People who do not have the MCC Insider builds installed do not need to do this.
Okay, thats where I'm confused. I'm in the Insider program but did not get invited into the first two Flights, and I don't know that I've downloaded any new builds for MCC as part of this process, I thought I was still rocking the retail build. Am I wrong about that?
Only the first two flight participants are in this flight...
That's fine but the phrase "We need ALL members of the MCC Insider Program to help test this bug" does lead me to some confusion
Updated it to call out people who are in flight 3.0.
Fanpaku wrote:

Postums wrote:

6. Select to re-enroll.
Cheers,
Postums
I've done that four times now. It doesn't work. The "Install" button in the store is still disabled for me.

Maybe it's too late here, so it won't work anymore? 22:17 pm.

Anything else I could do to re-install the MCC:I?

I was stupid enough in the first place to delete it anyway, since it's been updated automatically.
I have the same problem. Did everything four times. Install button is still disabled. I'm in Europe.
Dr Leo wrote:
-snip snip-
Also got no crash. I'm able to load up H3 as that's the only game thats apparently in the new build, not H2 or CE.

edit: quit the build and started it back up and now it won't start... is this the crash you guys are on about? 0x87e105dc
Ran into this one myself (error code 0x87e105dc) , I was able to work around by deleting my local save data on "Manage Apps"

To that end though, once I got into the build (1.466.1.0) I didn't get a crash, assuming you mean one that takes you back to dashboard.
I've had the disabled "Install' button problem happen to me. I did everything Postums' post said and it still didn't work.

I fixed the problem by turning off my Xbox and unplugging it for like 5 minutes WHILE BEING ENROLLED IN THE MCC INSIDER. After turning my Xbox back on, the download was enabled again through the MCC Insider hub.

Everyone who's having the problem, see if this works?

For everyone having trouble crashing the app, the app crashed for me when I tried to access the first level of the Halo 2 campaign.
Oowoon wrote:
Dr Leo wrote:
-snip snip-
Also got no crash. I'm able to load up H3 as that's the only game thats apparently in the new build, not H2 or CE.

edit: quit the build and started it back up and now it won't start... is this the crash you guys are on about? 0x87e105dc
Ran into this one myself (error code 0x87e105dc) , I was able to work around by deleting my local save data on "Manage Apps"

To that end though, once I got into the build (1.466.1.0) I didn't get a crash, assuming you mean one that takes you back to dashboard.
Nah once I quit the game I couldn't start it back up. I guess it's just a start up issue. Though I don't really care since there's nothing I can really do once I get on.
There IS currently a service alert out for launching games/store:

https://twitter.com/XboxSupport/status/1020044675246272512
Thanks for posting this. I was wondering why it was failing to launch at all.
Just uninstalled and downloaded again and now the game just shows as a blank icon in my library and when I click it nothing happens. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, same issue. I also tried unenrolling and reunrolling.
I had to update my Xbox before it showed up
Cobalt242 wrote:
I had to update my Xbox before it showed up
Thanks! I didn’t even realize there was an update.
HanayoAsa wrote:
I've had the disabled "Install' button problem happen to me. I did everything Postums' post said and it still didn't work.

I fixed the problem by turning off my Xbox and unplugging it for like 5 minutes WHILE BEING ENROLLED IN THE MCC INSIDER. After turning my Xbox back on, the download was enabled again through the MCC Insider hub.

For everyone having trouble crashing the app, the app crashed for me when I tried to access the first level of the Halo 2 campaign.
I tried unplugging for 10 minutes both while enrolled and unenrolled. Install button is still disabled.
HanayoAsa wrote:

Thanks for the tip; unfortunately, though, that didn't work out either the button still being disabled.

Can't we all just disregard this small new build and wait for the big new and final one tomorrow? Or won't this work if one cannot install the MCC:I right now?
I have uninstalled the old MCC Insider Build, gone in to the Xbox Insider Hub, Select MCC Insider and select Show in store. However the install option is greyed out meaning I can't install the temp build.

I have tried restarting my Xbox, doing a hard reset & I am still having the issue
TDU Stylez wrote:
I have uninstalled the old MCC Insider Build, gone in to the Xbox Insider Hub, Select MCC Insider and select Show in store. However the install option is greyed out meaning I can't install the temp build.

I have tried restarting my Xbox, doing a hard reset & I am still having the issue
You're facing the very problem many people do right now. Maybe Postum's solution will work out for you but I doubt it.

It's not the store, though, since the installation of the Vigor Beta--just to give you guys one example of a working title--just went fine. I can play this game but not install the MCC:I.
Uninstalled old flight build this morning and installed the 1.466.1.0 build as per instructions in the OP and email.

I just finished installing Halo 2 multiplayer, but I can't launch a custom game or do H2A arena matchmaking because it says the content is missing despite the game being installed.

Also, I can't install H:CE or H4 multiplayer. In the custom installation screen I mark the checkbox for multiplayer and press Accept Selection. When I return to the menu the boxes get unchecked.

**Update as I type this: H3 multiplayer just finished installing. Attempted to install CE and 4 and prioritized then to the top. As soon as I pressed Accept I was prompted to download a 7.5 MB update
Uninstalled old flight build this morning and installed the 1.466.1.0 build as per instructions in the OP and email.

I just finished installing Halo 2 multiplayer, but I can't launch a custom game or do H2A arena matchmaking because it says the content is missing despite the game being installed.

Also, I can't install H:CE or H4 multiplayer. In the custom installation screen I mark the checkbox for multiplayer and press Accept Selection. When I return to the menu the boxes get unchecked.

**Update as I type this: H3 multiplayer just finished installing. Attempted to install CE and 4 and prioritized then to the top. As soon as I pressed Accept I was prompted to download a 7.5 MB update
I was able to load up the custom game menu for Halo 3. Loaded up Construct and it was on the loading screen longer than normal. After that it went to a pitch black screen and then I got a message at the main menu saying "Connection Interrupted: Your connection to the game session was interrupted"

H3 attempt #2: Loaded up Slayer on Epitaph and it was successful

Attempt #3: Tried to launch Construct and got the same error message as I did in attempt #1

Attempt #4: Construct but with CTF, failed

Attempt #5: Slayer on Guardian, load successful

Attempt #6: Sandbox failed to load " connection interrupted"
Earlier try was on my work console, and I didn't try until the game was fully downloaded. But when I selected additional content, I didn't see any sign that the download had actually begun.

Now I tried on my home console, and started as soon as the game showed as ready to launch. Still no crash, although now it looks like it's at least planning to download the additional content (H2 and H3 campaigns and multiplayer) I selected, although it's still downloading as I write this.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10