Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insiders: Call to Action! 7/20/18

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 10
I'm also having the grey installation button.

I'm not sure to reset my console. It says that it will erase all associations with the main xbox (or My Home Xbox). With my brother, we use this system the share our game libraries. Will we have to check that again ?
Like Faulk Smash told me: Just make sure select "Keep my Games & Apps installed" when promoted asking what you'd like to do. You have to go through Xbox setup like choosing your region, sign-in preferences etc.

PS: It works fine now. When starting any mission in H2 the MCC:I freezes and I have to re-start it; by selecting any mission in H3, it doesn't load but brings me back to the campaign menu. All clear. Eager to play the new build today! :)
GAGAHOUSE wrote:
Postums wrote:
[[NOTE]] ALL campaign missions are played on Normal Difficulty, and Remastered Visuals and Music. No Skulls and No Scoring or Time HUD.

I just launched MCC Insider 1.466.1.0 for the first time and it deleted all of Halo: CE, ODST, and Halo 4. After checking all of them to download, under the text "TOTAL INSTALLATION SIZE 9.6GB" it reads "CHANGE: +0.0GB"
Once I press "Accept Selection", it auto backs out but doesn't initiate any download. Going back to Custom Installation, it shows CE, ODST, and Halo 4 all unchecked for download (reverted my settings)
Halo 3 campaign mission Arrival on Normal difficulty isn't loading. Kicks me back to Halo 3 campaign menu (where my options are Resume, Quickstart, and Missions)
After testing Arrival because I noticed feedback on that mission, I noticed my checkpoint from about 2 weeks ago on Crow's Nest (Normal difficulty) was still there.I tried loading that and it kicked me to the same menu as when I tried to load Arrival.
I then tried to see if The Heretic on Halo 2 was working for me (it hasn't since Phase 1 has come out). When I tried launching it, the campaign map loading screen came up, but no progress on the loading bar at the bottom of the screen. The loading circle at the bottom right froze almost immediately and a second later the game crashes and redirects me to the Xbox One dashboard. I tested this mission on both Remastered and Classic visuals.
I then tried EVERY Halo 3 mission and they reverted me to the same menu that Arrival sent me.
Every Halo 2 campaign mission resorted in a "hard crash", kicking me completely from the game and sending me to the Xbox One dashboard
I played a custom game 1v1 of Halo 2 Classic on Lockout and it worked.
It's a VERY limited build currently. Once we update to the next one you will have all of the game back.

This is very specifically being done to test out the corruption that was occurring via intelligent install.
Any idea on ETA of new build? thanks
Still need a few hundred people to do steps 1-3 and then we will be ready to move onto Step 4 with the new build.
Did 1-3 and got no crash. Tried loading a H3 custom game in Construct and it just loaded infinitely. Can't wait for the update!
Did the uninstall and reinstalled build 1.466.1.0 am able to browse around the menu but any playlist i try playing tells me i have that games multiplayer uninstalled nor can i do any custom matches as it brings up the missing content notice again. Tried H2/3 missions and game hard crashes every time i try loading any H2 mission up and H3 missions just load forever. I know this has been brought up by other ppl and I also can't customize any of the game installs as whenever I try an option and i confirm it, it does nothing.
Scorenzy wrote:
Did the uninstall and reinstalled build 1.466.1.0 am able to browse around the menu but any playlist i try playing tells me i have that games multiplayer uninstalled. Tried H2/3 missions and game crashes every time i try loading any mission up. I know this has been brought up by other ppl and I also can't customize any of the game installs as whenever I try an option and i confirm it, it does nothing.
This build is specifically for testing the intelligent delivery system. Nearly all game modes and campaign levels are broken intentially. There will be a new build at some point today and that will fix the corruption issue and will mean you'll have to re-download all the games on MCC Insider and report any corruption issues after changing the intelligent delivery options.
Scorenzy wrote:
Did the uninstall and reinstalled build 1.466.1.0 am able to browse around the menu but any playlist i try playing tells me i have that games multiplayer uninstalled. Tried H2/3 missions and game crashes every time i try loading any mission up. I know this has been brought up by other ppl and I also can't customize any of the game installs as whenever I try an option and i confirm it, it does nothing.
Did you read the first page?
Yes I have. Only reason i brought up the rest about stuff not working was because few ppl have been able to play certain things and I wanted to point out what happened for me.
Scorenzy wrote:
Scorenzy wrote:
Yes I have. Only reason i brought up the rest about stuff not working was because few ppl have been able to play certain things and I wanted to point out what happened for me.
Sorry I was editing my first post. Didn't mean to be rude.
Scorenzy wrote:
Scorenzy wrote:
No worries just read the edited version :P and yes I also couldn't get the intelligent delivery system to change options with H2/H3 since those are the only ones currently on this build and I restarted my xbox loaded the game back up and was able to customize the installs of H2/H3.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No worries just read the edited version :P and yes I also couldn't get the intelligent delivery system to change options with H2/H3 since those are the only ones currently on this build and I restarted my xbox loaded the game back up and was able to customize the installs of H2/H3.
ANYWAY,
Has anyone received the ability to download build (1.467- 1.470)? I have downloaded the 1.466.1.0 and launched the game past the main menu to crash it like they said, WHICH I WAS SUCCESSFUL AT, but after i did that i still don't see the posting for the last build on insider. Waiting for 1.467-1.470 to be released to download STILL. The core game times to play are coming up yet I have no access to the step 3 build, PLEASE TELL ME I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE
SOS/HELP
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
ANYWAY,
Has anyone received the ability to download build (1.467- 1.470)? I have downloaded the 1.466.1.0 and launched the game past the main menu to crash it like they said, WHICH I WAS SUCCESSFUL AT, but after i did that i still don't see the posting for the last build on insider. Waiting for 1.467-1.470 to be released to download STILL. The core game times to play are coming up yet I have no access to the step 3 build, PLEASE TELL ME I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE
SOS/HELP
No, you're not the only one. It's okay.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
ANYWAY,
SOS/HELP
No, you're not alone. I'm still waiting, too. Everyone is, I believe, because according to Postums they need a few hundred people to do steps 1-3 before they can proceed with step 4.

We are probably simply not enough people yet.
Postums wrote:
FYI: To reinstall you will need to go to the Insider app, select “see in store” and download from there.
If you are unable to re-install the new build being released today at 11:00 AM PT please follow these steps.

1. Navigate to the Insider App portion for the MCC Insider
  2. Select "Manage" and choose to unenroll in the MCC Insider.
  3. Turn off your Xbox One.
  4. Unplug the power cord for 10 seconds and then plug it back in and turn it on.
  5. Relaunch the Insider App and Navigate to the MCC Insider portion.
  6. Select to re-enroll.
  7. Select the Store and see you have the option to re-install.
Cheers,
Postums
I tried this and it didn't work. I'll let it fully install to see what happens but my current version still say's 1.466.1.0
Signed up a long time ago and still not invited. Stinks!
Postums wrote:
GAGAHOUSE wrote:
Postums wrote:
[[NOTE]] ALL campaign missions are played on Normal Difficulty, and Remastered Visuals and Music. No Skulls and No Scoring or Time HUD.

I just launched MCC Insider 1.466.1.0 for the first time and it deleted all of Halo: CE, ODST, and Halo 4. After checking all of them to download, under the text "TOTAL INSTALLATION SIZE 9.6GB" it reads "CHANGE: +0.0GB"
Once I press "Accept Selection", it auto backs out but doesn't initiate any download. Going back to Custom Installation, it shows CE, ODST, and Halo 4 all unchecked for download (reverted my settings)
Halo 3 campaign mission Arrival on Normal difficulty isn't loading. Kicks me back to Halo 3 campaign menu (where my options are Resume, Quickstart, and Missions)
After testing Arrival because I noticed feedback on that mission, I noticed my checkpoint from about 2 weeks ago on Crow's Nest (Normal difficulty) was still there.I tried loading that and it kicked me to the same menu as when I tried to load Arrival.
I then tried to see if The Heretic on Halo 2 was working for me (it hasn't since Phase 1 has come out). When I tried launching it, the campaign map loading screen came up, but no progress on the loading bar at the bottom of the screen. The loading circle at the bottom right froze almost immediately and a second later the game crashes and redirects me to the Xbox One dashboard. I tested this mission on both Remastered and Classic visuals.
I then tried EVERY Halo 3 mission and they reverted me to the same menu that Arrival sent me.
Every Halo 2 campaign mission resorted in a "hard crash", kicking me completely from the game and sending me to the Xbox One dashboard
I played a custom game 1v1 of Halo 2 Classic on Lockout and it worked.
It's a VERY limited build currently. Once we update to the next one you will have all of the game back.

This is very specifically being done to test out the corruption that was occurring via intelligent install.
Any idea on ETA of new build? thanks
Still need a few hundred people to do steps 1-3 and then we will be ready to move onto Step 4 with the new build.
Send me an invite. Would love test it out.
WES302 OK wrote:
Signed up a long time ago and still not invited. Stinks!
Flight 3 pre release is only if you were in flight 1 and 2.

Though honestly, I'm at home now so send me an invite! I'll test it as well :)
Do we really have to drop some ODST's from the Space Force onto the residence's of current MCC insiders, that haven't done these simple instructions yet. Haha just kidding but jokes aside. Everyone NEEDS to message their friends that have MCC Insider to do this simple update. I just sent 6 group messages to all my fellow Insider friends to do this (82 people). I'd like to get to phase 2 so I can get a ton more of my buddies on here to run Halo CE Customs or MM daily for bug testing etc.
Do we really have to drop some ODST's from the Space Force onto the residence's of current MCC insiders, that haven't done these simple instructions yet. Haha just kidding but jokes aside. Everyone NEEDS to message their friends that have MCC Insider to do this simple update. I just sent 6 group messages to all my fellow Insider friends to do this (82 people). I'd like to get to phase 2 so I can get a ton more of my buddies on here to run Halo CE Customs or MM daily for bug testing etc.
I just really wanna run through the campaigns in 4k hdr! get them on!!!!!!!!! :D
I just really wanna run through the campaigns in 4k hdr! get them on!!!!!!!!! :D
I thought when I finally got my invite you'd get yours too...that sucks
Installed it yesterday but couldn't figure out how to get it to crash until just now. Hoping we can get the new build soon because I'm working all weekend, so I only have tonight to play it for the scheduled multiplayer sessions.
Hello :) I’ve just tried halo 2 to load up, but it caused the game to crashed. So I returned to try and make halo 3 load. Instead, it took me to the halo CE anniversary menu where I could choose which difficulty to go onto instead of taking me back to the main menu as it should have.

next, I tried loading halo 3 in forge’s custom games. After a minute it took me back the main menu with a message showing “connection interrupted, your connection to the game session was interrupted”.

one last thing I noticed was that I tried downloading the other halo games within the program, it showed the total installation size change to be +0.0GB. If you tried pressing “accept selection”, the options would be reset and ignored.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 10