Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Insiders: Call to Action! 7/20/18

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 10
I was in Flight #1 and #2 and after following the directions for Flight #3 I am stuck with build 1.466, what gives? How do I get an invite for the new build without waiting for other players to follow the directions? And what happens if not enough people go through with the steps? This so far is a poor rollout for Flight #3.
I still can't get anything to work other than the main menu and it will go to the selection screen and to the Campaign and multiplayer. When going into the Campaign or multiplayer sections if I click on a campaign or multiplayer selection I get a missing content message and it will let me go to the install page but will not install anything. I still have the 1.466.1.0 version and can't go any further. Thanks and I hope it will be better by tomorrow.
Horus Rocs wrote:
I still can't get anything to work other than the main menu and it will go to the selection screen and to the Campaign and multiplayer. When going into the Campaign or multiplayer sections if I click on a campaign or multiplayer selection I get a missing content message and it will let me go to the install page but will not install anything. I still have the 1.466.1.0 version and can't go any further. Thanks and I hope it will be better by tomorrow.
You need to make your game crash etheir by loading a custom game any game mode n map or camaign mission, then your job is done , after that u gotta wait for the new build thtas coming out today around 9 pm PT.
Do we really have to drop some ODST's from the Space Force onto the residence's of current MCC insiders, that haven't done these simple instructions yet. Haha just kidding but jokes aside. Everyone NEEDS to message their friends that have MCC Insider to do this simple update. I just sent 6 group messages to all my fellow Insider friends to do this (82 people). I'd like to get to phase 2 so I can get a ton more of my buddies on here to run Halo CE Customs or MM daily for bug testing etc.
I just really wanna run through the campaigns in 4k hdr! get them on!!!!!!!!! :D
I thought when I finally got my invite you'd get yours too...that sucks
I goofed and thought the halo insider and mcc insider was the same, so I signed up right before flight 2. Doesn't surprise me I'm not in it. Just impatiently waiting xD
Balancer wrote:
Horus Rocs wrote:
You need to make your game crash etheir by loading a custom game any game mode n map or camaign mission, then your job is done , after that u gotta wait for the new build thtas coming out today around 9 pm PT.
Ok thank you and I have done that so now I'll just wait. I appreciate your answer :)
So I signed up to test and help fix the MCC as an insider, right? Everyone who's doing so signed up and therefore asked for the privilege of doing so. This particular step was so important they deemed it necessary to send out emails about it. And they can't get enough insiders to complete the step? Why sign up in the first place if you're not doing to follow through as an insider, especially with the most important bits? I swear to Halo, people never cease to amaze me.
Balancer wrote:
Horus Rocs wrote:
That's probably what was throwing some people off. "You'll get past the Main Menu then crash - your job is done!" That didn't make me think I had to launch a custom game or something. So when I navigated through multiple menues and nothing happened, I figured that was all I had to do and the crashes just didn't happen for my installation. It didn't occur to me that I had to go entirely past all the menus and actually try loading a game or something. Once I did that then I started experiencing the promised crashes.

Maybe I was just half asleep still when I read the email, and understood it poorly xD
Sylxeria wrote:
Balancer wrote:
Horus Rocs wrote:
That's probably what was throwing some people off. "You'll get past the Main Menu then crash - your job is done!" That didn't make me think I had to launch a custom game or something. So when I navigated through multiple menues and nothing happened, I figured that was all I had to do and the crashes just didn't happen for my installation. It didn't occur to me that I had to go entirely past all the menus and actually try loading a game or something. Once I did that then I started experiencing the promised crashes.

Maybe I was just half asleep still when I read the email, and understood it poorly xD
It confused me massively :v like I uninstalled it and reinstalled it 2-3 times until I realised I had to go into the campaign section, choose halo 2, QuickStart, then it would crash as I attempted to load it up. I feel the complicated steps were a little unnecessary. Well I thought they were a little complicated but I can’t say the same for everyone :P
Salroth wrote:
Sylxeria wrote:
Balancer wrote:
Horus Rocs wrote:

It confused me massively :v like I uninstalled it and reinstalled it 2-3 times until I realised I had to go into the campaign section, choose halo 2, QuickStart, then it would crash as I attempted to load it up. I feel the complicated steps were a little unnecessary. Well I thought they were a little complicated but I can’t say the same for everyone :P
It didn't necessarily crash for me, but sit there loading for a minute or two before booting me back to the menus.

*edit* Tried Quickstart instead and this time it didn't complain about missing content, and it crashed like promised. When I select a mission manually, it just boots me back to the menu.
Well, now I’m missing the Friday Play Test date because of the ineptness of 343! I can’t believe how you can screw up a build roll out “due to not enough people made their games crash” COME ON!
I’ve downloaded the new build but have not received the option to update it yet to the Step 3 version. Where can I find the update to download?
Well, now I’m missing the Friday Play Test date because of the ineptness of 343! I can’t believe how you can screw up a build roll out “due to not enough people made their games crash” COME ON!
Not gonna lie, but I never thought I’d ever hear that I’d be missing out on playing games voluntarily because not enough people made the game crash xD

ifs 3:42AM for me (I’m a Brit) and uh... yeah I’m most likely gonna miss this as well.
I’ve downloaded the new build but have not received the option to update it yet to the Step 3 version. Where can I find the update to download?
It's going to be coming online at around 9pm PST
Postums wrote:
Thanks, will download then.
Postums wrote:
If you need any assistance, let us ( awaiting phase 2) know... we'd be happy to help! :)
Postums wrote:
Dang! i'll be going to work around that time. I guess ill let it download while i'm at work
LOL It isn't 343i fault, it is everyone in the program that doesn't know how to follow directions. They will release the last build AKA STEP 3 once enough people download build 1.466.1, and cause it to crash...by trying to play the game. However, somehow people don't know how to follow directions...So the smart people that know how to follow directions are just waiting...for enough people to understand how to follow directions.
IT'S LIVE GUYS! just started to re-download and it say's it has 71.85 gbs. So go ahead and start downloading :D
IT'S LIVE GUYS! just started to re-download and it say's it has 71.85 gbs. So go ahead and start downloading :D
Thanks for letting us know! I’m gonna download it now!
Salroth wrote:
Thanks for letting us know! I’m gonna download it now!
Yay! Mine is downloading as well! :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 10