1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. ...
  8. 10
so in order to get into phase 2 , we re getting emails or it just automatically ? i wanna play ..
Well, now I’m missing the Friday Play Test date because of the ineptness of 343! I can’t believe how you can screw up a build roll out “due to not enough people made their games crash” COME ON!
No, not because of 343. Because people who signed up for the Insider Program and said they'd help didn't follow through.

Don't blame 343 for your compatriots' ineptitude.
Postums wrote:
Hello MCC Insiders,

A few short weeks ago we sent out Flight 3.0 to the MCC Insiders and it was quickly identified that corruption was present with intelligent install. We believe we have a fix in place for this but need many more test cases to verify. This is where all of you come in.

We need everyone in the MCC Insider Program who have access to flight 3.0 to help us test a fix for this bug, so that we can move onto Phase 2 of Flight 3.0! If everyone participates in helping us check this fix, we can then begin to invite even more people into the program.

Here is the step-by-step process you’ll need to follow: As of 7/20 11:30 AM PT you can still complete steps 1 through 3.
  • Step 1: Uninstall your MCC Insider build today, Thursday, July 19th, 2018.
  • Step 2: Install the new build (v.1.466.1.0) releasing at 11:00 AM PT on 7/19.
  • Step 3: Launch the new build and go past the main menu.
Note: It will crash if you proceed into some of the game modes – this is okay the build is not a complete one.
  • Step 4: The next updated build will be coming out around 9PM PST on Friday, 7/20 which you we would like you to customize the installation via intelligent install on.
  • Step 5: Check for corruption in the various games you installed.
That’s it.

We need these steps followed to verify intelligent installations no longer corrupt any areas of the game. However, if any of these steps are not followed correctly, the entire test will be invalidated – so please make sure you follow each one closely.

The results from this test will help us to verify that we have indeed fixed the corrupted installs, and will allows us to begin moving onto Phase 2 of Flight 3.0. It is very important to follow each of these steps and we can’t emphasize them enough. Thank you again for your participation in the MCC Insider program!

Cheers,
Postums and Team
Step 4 is now available! GO GO GO!
FYI for those who still did not receive a notification for the update, if you uninstall the temporary build and then reinstall it through the way described in the email, it will install the newly updated version.
FYI for those who still did not receive a notification for the update, if you uninstall the temporary build and then reinstall it through the way described in the email, it will install the newly updated version.
No please do not uninstall the temporary build!!!! Super important to update and not fresh install! Instead, hold the power button on your Xbox until the console forces a shutdown. Then restart your Xbox and launch the build while signed in to your Insider account.

Please do not uninstall the temporary build manually!
Well I just began the update of the build and the first thing I noticed is the prioritize feature doesn't seem to work at all.
I provided a screenshot of what it is currently downloading.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au_9gBt4rGsbht13nWkkUKTeqS_4nw

I will update this post with more feedback once downloading is done.
Everything working fine here.
To everyone whose temporary build is “stuck”: I had to update my XB1 first for the build to be updated (automatically) subsequently (thanks xsv for the kind advice, my fellow campanion), so now it’s running being at 50% of progress thus far.

I deeply apologize for being extraordinarily (about half an hour) late.

Please keep in mind that here in Germany, it is 6:30 am, and I haven’t slept all night but rather stayed awake for the new build to be installed.
Sucessfully crash game during campaign mode. Reinstall 77GB file. Intelligent installation activated. Legendary run of pillar of autumn level.
ISSUE: Terminal 1 not activing (Anniversary mode)
REPRO: Playthrough beginning on bridge, interact with computer terminal left side of Captain KEYS (monitors flashing INCOMING MESSAGES. Pressing RB wont activate sequence.
Fanpaku wrote:
To everyone whose temporary build is “stuck”: I had to update my XB1 first for the build to be updated (automatically) subsequently (thanks xsv for the kind tip, my fellow campanion), so now it’s running being at 50% of progress thus far.

I deeply apologize for being extraordinarily (about half an hour) late.

Please keep in mind that here in Germany, it is 6:30 am, and I haven’t slept all night but rather stayed awake for the new build to be installed.
Nice
Findings:

• Halo 2:
  1. When changing the light vehicle spawns to the specter on Uplift the spawns east (east when facing forward at the uplift) the specters spawn sideways and flipped.
I didn't even know this thread existed until late tonight haha. Oops...looks like I did mess up the steps. I uninstalled step 2 after I did step 3, through the management menu of the Insider. I never got the update, so I went though this. If I need to I can redo this to get it right. Also, I unchecked at least two areas off Intelligent Delivery to speed up the download (wanted to play base MCC with some people, but I ended up pausing it). I can either install the rest of it now, or I can check back in the morning to see if I need to redo all the steps.
So I signed up to test and help fix the MCC as an insider, right? Everyone who's doing so signed up and therefore asked for the privilege of doing so. This particular step was so important they deemed it necessary to send out emails about it. And they can't get enough insiders to complete the step? Why sign up in the first place if you're not doing to follow through as an insider, especially with the most important bits? I swear to Halo, people never cease to amaze me.
Well, now I’m missing the Friday Play Test date because of the ineptness of 343! I can’t believe how you can screw up a build roll out “due to not enough people made their games crash” COME ON!
LOL It isn't 343i fault, it is everyone in the program that doesn't know how to follow directions. They will release the last build AKA STEP 3 once enough people download build 1.466.1, and cause it to crash...by trying to play the game. However, somehow people don't know how to follow directions...So the smart people that know how to follow directions are just waiting...for enough people to understand how to follow directions.
Okay, here's the problem though: The steps listed in the post have been continuously updating and actually differ from what was sent in the email. When I'm told the game will crash by going past the main menu, and then it doesn't, how is that my fault? I followed all of the directions to a T and nothing happened. Not only that, but numerous people were having issues even getting the temporary build to install. Is that their fault, too? The fact of the matter is this particular test was poorly explained and handled from the beginning.
Finally installed the new build (v.1.468.1.0).

One question: Why do the sizes of this build differ in the settings of my XB1 (69,5 GB) and in-game (71,7 GB) ...?

Whilst updating, I didn't interrupt. So everything was installed.
GAME: Halo 2 Multiplayer

ISSUE: After installing Halo 2 multiplayer through intelligent delivery, Halo 2 Anniversary custom game or forge matches cannot be started and result in an error seemingly due to corruption. I uninstalled and reinstalled Halo 2 multiplayer via intelligent delivery and experienced the same issue. Halo 2 Classic multiplayer seems unaffected as I can load up a custom game normally.
There's some pretty severe lighting bugs present in the Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary campaign. There's a lot of flickering lights, weird lights popping into certain areas, and a lack of shadows. So far I've tested The Pillar of Autumn, Halo, and The Silent Cartographer. Each level has similar issues. Restarting a level doesn't solve the issue. The game in classic graphics seems to be unaffected.

Here's a video with a few examples.
oh okay :( you know when the update will be release for real ?
Soulburnin wrote:
So I signed up to test and help fix the MCC as an insider, right? Everyone who's doing so signed up and therefore asked for the privilege of doing so. This particular step was so important they deemed it necessary to send out emails about it. And they can't get enough insiders to complete the step? Why sign up in the first place if you're not doing to follow through as an insider, especially with the most important bits? I swear to Halo, people never cease to amaze me.
LOL It isn't 343i fault, it is everyone in the program that doesn't know how to follow directions. They will release the last build AKA STEP 3 once enough people download build 1.466.1, and cause it to crash...by trying to play the game. However, somehow people don't know how to follow directions...So the smart people that know how to follow directions are just waiting...for enough people to understand how to follow directions.
Okay, here's the problem though: The steps listed in the post have been continuously updating and actually differ from what was sent in the email. When I'm told the game will crash by going past the main menu, and then it doesn't, how is that my fault? I followed all of the directions to a T and nothing happened. Not only that, but numerous people were having issues even getting the temporary build to install. Is that their fault, too? The fact of the matter is this particular test was poorly explained and handled from the beginning.
Or how about it's not really a matter of fault & blame? How about it's a test to fix a game and it simply might not go as planned because we're testing a patch? This is what we signed up for: to find problems. If they found one, then we did our job. As long as you did your part and followed directions, you're good. Earlier I was referring to what I had assumed were those who were ignoring this step and hadn't installed the build whatsoever. Not those who merely encountered issues.
Just got the updated build and waiting for some downloads to complete through the intelligent install feature. Will see how it performs once it's done!
Followed 1, 2...impossible to continue.
Once the uninstall is done there is no way to access the new build.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. ...
  8. 10