1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
xxcloud7xx wrote:
zRH7 wrote:
-Snip-
In Halo: CE spawn people with their pistol out and AR in pocket for standard matchmaking variants. The first thing people tend to do in Halo: CE is swap weapons so while I don't think this is a necessity it would be a nicety.
No absolutely not, players should be spawning in the MCC port of Halo 1 with their AR out as their primary and they should have to manually switch to their pistol after respawing because that's how it is in the original Xbox port of Halo 1. IMO the main goal that we should be striving for is to fix the various legitimate bugs/issues that are plaguing the MCC version of Halo 1 and make it play exactly like the original Xbox version of Halo 1. 343 shouldn't prioritize fixing arbitrary issues that you personally have with the MCC port of Halo 1 because it will most likely make the game play differently than the original Xbox port of Halo 1. When it comes to discussing the various bugs/issues that are plaguing the MCC port of Halo 1 please refer to www.halobugs.com.

I personally find Halo 3's BR spread detrimental to the game but I'm not going to advocate for 343 to remove Halo 3's BR spread from the MCC port of Halo 3 because that would make the MCC version of the game play differently than the original Xbox 360 port of Halo 3. All I truly desire is for the Halo games on the MCC to play exactly like their original counterparts. I also desire for 343 to fix all the other bugs/issues that are plaguing the MCC. Anyways I pretty agree with everything else in your post that I didn't quote.
I agree that the game should be as close to possible as the original with the default custom game settings. But I disagree with that sentiment as far as matchmaking is concerned. I don't think we should change thinks all willy-nilly for no reason but the first thing people do 99% of the time in Halo: CE is change weapons, I think that at least warrants considering especially considering that it would change how the game plays very little. Halo 2 had a far, far more impactful change during it's life cycle, it changed the default starting weapon in matchmaking from the SMG to the BR. I can't say that I want to go back to SMG starts because the game shipped that way. Honestly I could go either way on this because it doesn't matter a whole lot, I just view it as a nicety.

On the Halo 3 BR, I'm not advocating they change how the BR works to be different than Halo 3, I think they should to change it so it works like it did in Halo 3. The MCC hit detection is not the same as Halo 3, it's worse.
Boxr wrote:
KenniTDG wrote:
We are all aware, so are the devs. I have to ask without any offense in my tone.. Why was this thread needed? Pretty much just a statement, nothing to discuss or otherwise constructive and usefell. There's already plenty of these threads tho.

MCC is however still undergoing evaluation at 343.. Takes some time but most companies don't exactly bother with old products.
Takes some time????? The last update for MCC was in October of 2015. This thread is most defiantly needed. People need to constantly talk about whats wrong with the game until they fix it or they WILL sweep the game under the rug and it will be lost forever. You're the one posting nonconstructive crap.

I have problems hourly on MCC. It can even be as bad as game to game with party mic issues solely caused by MCC. Or game breaking/freezing glitches. Just yesterday my build quit itself while I was searching with my controller on the table. The game is broken. Its a reality for anyone that plays it. Also a reality is how 343 have done nothing about it since October 2015. The way they handle the PR for this game is not a good sign for those of us that prefer MCC to halo 5/6. The only thing we can do to prevent them from ignoring the problem is to talk about it. MCC in its current state works better than it ever has. But its best is still broken. We as fans paid for an experience we never got nor came close to. I don't care if MCC is an old title, they owe us patches to fix bugs. I'm not asking for anything except bug fixes at this point and you think that's unreachable and a waste for time? Why are you even here?
If you control your anger on the matter and calm down a bit.. Maybe it'll help.

The reason i asked why it was needed, is simply because he was stating THE OBVIOUS, which has been pointed out in over 1,000 threads previously. 343 is quite aware, they're being reminded on a daily basis in PMs and on twitter, as well as Reddit about MCC needing fixes. Since they rarely interact with the forums, making more threads in the category of MCC needs fixing, is quite futile. You'd know that if you spend your time around all these various forums and medias.

Also i never said i think it's a waste of time and unreachable, to get 343 to fix MCC. I never stated that. I do know however, they're still evaluating wether it's something to bother with.

Here's why: Updates COSTS money. MCC is not in a catatonic state for everyone. I haven't experienced problems in a long time, neither have most of my friends with the MCC, so the community is split between two sides where one experiences a few bugs to alot and the other, whom experiences a smooth enough performance.

Next time? Read between the lines and do not reply, based on your feelings regarding the matter but rather the rational point i placed. Again WHY the thread was needed, since 343 couldn't be more aware than they are. They've been reminded enough to know that the MCC is a serious matter, making more threads won't push them any closer to a solution.
KenniTDG wrote:
Boxr wrote:
KenniTDG wrote:
We are all aware, so are the devs. I have to ask without any offense in my tone.. Why was this thread needed? Pretty much just a statement, nothing to discuss or otherwise constructive and usefell. There's already plenty of these threads tho.

MCC is however still undergoing evaluation at 343.. Takes some time but most companies don't exactly bother with old products.
Takes some time????? The last update for MCC was in October of 2015. This thread is most defiantly needed. People need to constantly talk about whats wrong with the game until they fix it or they WILL sweep the game under the rug and it will be lost forever. You're the one posting nonconstructive crap.

I have problems hourly on MCC. It can even be as bad as game to game with party mic issues solely caused by MCC. Or game breaking/freezing glitches. Just yesterday my build quit itself while I was searching with my controller on the table. The game is broken. Its a reality for anyone that plays it. Also a reality is how 343 have done nothing about it since October 2015. The way they handle the PR for this game is not a good sign for those of us that prefer MCC to halo 5/6. The only thing we can do to prevent them from ignoring the problem is to talk about it. MCC in its current state works better than it ever has. But its best is still broken. We as fans paid for an experience we never got nor came close to. I don't care if MCC is an old title, they owe us patches to fix bugs. I'm not asking for anything except bug fixes at this point and you think that's unreachable and a waste for time? Why are you even here?
If you control your anger on the matter and calm down a bit.. Maybe it'll help.

The reason i asked why it was needed, is simply because he was stating THE OBVIOUS, which has been pointed out in over 1,000 threads previously. 343 is quite aware, they're being reminded on a daily basis in PMs and on twitter, as well as Reddit about MCC needing fixes. Since they rarely interact with the forums, making more threads in the category of MCC needs fixing, is quite futile. You'd know that if you spend your time around all these various forums and medias.

Also i never said i think it's a waste of time and unreachable, to get 343 to fix MCC. I never stated that. I do know however, they're still evaluating wether it's something to bother with.

Here's why: Updates COSTS money. MCC is not in a catatonic state for everyone. I haven't experienced problems in a long time, neither have most of my friends with the MCC, so the community is split between two sides where one experiences a few bugs to alot and the other, whom experiences a smooth enough performance.

Next time? Read between the lines and do not reply, based on your feelings regarding the matter but rather the rational point i placed. Again WHY the thread was needed, since 343 couldn't be more aware than they are. They've been reminded enough to know that the MCC is a serious matter, making more threads won't push them any closer to a solution.
I disagree with you. 343 doesn't care at all and their silence on the message boards, especially the thread almost a year old about fixing achievements, shows they have moved on. Sadly we should all move on too.
KenniTDG wrote:
Boxr wrote:
KenniTDG wrote:
We are all aware, so are the devs. I have to ask without any offense in my tone.. Why was this thread needed? Pretty much just a statement, nothing to discuss or otherwise constructive and usefell. There's already plenty of these threads tho.

MCC is however still undergoing evaluation at 343.. Takes some time but most companies don't exactly bother with old products.
I disagree with you. 343 doesn't care at all and their silence on the message boards, especially the thread almost a year old about fixing achievements, shows they have moved on. Sadly we should all move on too.
I disagree that we should move on. They are continuing to sell the game in a broken state, we should hold them to an update.
KenniTDG wrote:
Boxr wrote:
KenniTDG wrote:
We are all aware, so are the devs. I have to ask without any offense in my tone.. Why was this thread needed? Pretty much just a statement, nothing to discuss or otherwise constructive and usefell. There's already plenty of these threads tho.

MCC is however still undergoing evaluation at 343.. Takes some time but most companies don't exactly bother with old products.
Takes some time????? The last update for MCC was in October of 2015. This thread is most defiantly needed. People need to constantly talk about whats wrong with the game until they fix it or they WILL sweep the game under the rug and it will be lost forever. You're the one posting nonconstructive crap.

I have problems hourly on MCC. It can even be as bad as game to game with party mic issues solely caused by MCC. Or game breaking/freezing glitches. Just yesterday my build quit itself while I was searching with my controller on the table. The game is broken. Its a reality for anyone that plays it. Also a reality is how 343 have done nothing about it since October 2015. The way they handle the PR for this game is not a good sign for those of us that prefer MCC to halo 5/6. The only thing we can do to prevent them from ignoring the problem is to talk about it. MCC in its current state works better than it ever has. But its best is still broken. We as fans paid for an experience we never got nor came close to. I don't care if MCC is an old title, they owe us patches to fix bugs. I'm not asking for anything except bug fixes at this point and you think that's unreachable and a waste for time? Why are you even here?
If you control your anger on the matter and calm down a bit.. Maybe it'll help.

The reason i asked why it was needed, is simply because he was stating THE OBVIOUS, which has been pointed out in over 1,000 threads previously. 343 is quite aware, they're being reminded on a daily basis in PMs and on twitter, as well as Reddit about MCC needing fixes. Since they rarely interact with the forums, making more threads in the category of MCC needs fixing, is quite futile. You'd know that if you spend your time around all these various forums and medias.

Also i never said i think it's a waste of time and unreachable, to get 343 to fix MCC. I never stated that. I do know however, they're still evaluating wether it's something to bother with.

Here's why: Updates COSTS money. MCC is not in a catatonic state for everyone. I haven't experienced problems in a long time, neither have most of my friends with the MCC, so the community is split between two sides where one experiences a few bugs to alot and the other, whom experiences a smooth enough performance.

Next time? Read between the lines and do not reply, based on your feelings regarding the matter but rather the rational point i placed. Again WHY the thread was needed, since 343 couldn't be more aware than they are. They've been reminded enough to know that the MCC is a serious matter, making more threads won't push them any closer to a solution.
I disagree with you. 343 doesn't care at all and their silence on the message boards, especially the thread almost a year old about fixing achievements, shows they have moved on. Sadly we should all move on too.
As mere observers, it's easy to state they don't care but since neither of us works at 343 Studios, we wouldn't know anything about their views on MCC's future. It's an ongoing evaluation still and till they say otherwise, i'll keep that tiny bit of hope alive. Ofcourse since they hardly get anything worth responding to these days, what can they say, that they haven't said before?

People scream the same thing every time, eventually it gets so old, that you just have to stop replying.
Tested three matches, still not fixed.
I'm still having the Co-operative Issues when I'm playing along with a partner before and during gameplay I get kicked or automatically leave the campaign, I thought that they have fix this problem.
Spent some time over the past couple of days testing out BTB. Search times are slow but they aren't catastrophically bad for me, though I only get unacceptably long search times occasionally. The game still connects me to foreign servers consistently so I think that matchmaking not choosing games based on connectivity may be a matchmaking-wide issue.

Halo 3 is my favourite Halo game but the hitreg in the MCC port is atrocious. A lot of the Halo 3 maps in MCC's BTB playlist aren't really tuned for 8v8 so maybe giving them their own 6v6 playlist and removing Halo 3 from the BTB playlist might be the right solution. If they do want to keep Halo 3 in the BTB playlist I'd suggest giving all Halo 3 maps a combined 11.11% chance of appearing.

Out of curiosity does anyone know if the game's are using their own respective original netcodes? Halo 2 feels a lot like Halo 2 Vista did online. Halo 3, ignoring the hitreg issues, feels like Halo 3 for 360. Halo 4 feels as good as Halo 4's netcode felt.
Campaign co-op sure as heck ain't fixed yet. A few days ago me and a friend tried to play a few levels of Halo 2 on legendary. Needless to say it would always inevitably crash for us. Sometimes we'd be halfway into a mission, other times we wouldn't be able to walk 10 steps before being booted back to the menu. It's laughable how these issues haven't been addressed what, 2 and a half years after the games release.

Multiplayer used to work well too. I was able to continually finish games of team slayer and BTB with little to no issue. But as of about a week ago, the game seems to have bugged out. Now games take a long time to load for me, sometimes as long as 5 minutes and when I do load in, the game is halfway done or more. No idea what causes this, it just seemed to begin to happen out of the blue. Wonder if anyone can help shed some light on this.

Cheers.
sometimes as long as 5 minutes and when I do load in, the game is halfway done or more
I get that issue occasionally too, mine is at most thirty seconds though. Thirty seconds is still enough to unbalance the runtimes to power weapons and power positions on maps. Five minutes though, damn that can be the entirety of a match sometimes, and a lot of times that's enough to determine which way a match will go.
KenniTDG wrote:
Boxr wrote:
KenniTDG wrote:
I haven't experienced problems in a long time, neither have most of my friends with the MCC, so the community is split between two sides where one experiences a few bugs to alot and the other, whom experiences a smooth enough performance.
Do you;

  • Play any Halo 2 classic? (Because default emblems is on everybody's game, and negatively effects teamwork)
  • Play any matchmaking game more than once? (because having to back out of every match to research is ridiculous)
  • Never have host quit on you during a Halo 3 match? (causing the entire game to crash out)
  • Ever play BTB? (where, even though I love Halo 3, it is hard to play anything other than Halo 3.)
  • Never have a game end early? (Because I have, it happened 3 times last week to me. That isn't just a me issue, the entire game ended for everybody)
  • Play in a party and in in-game chat? (because last time I checked they still hadn't fixed the issue where it disconnects the chat between screens)
I could go on but it's not worth the time. But there are a lot more issues with this game, issues that have driven a lot of players away. I don't think any of us should defend the launch or continued state of this game, because that gives the impression we are ok with buying broken games (and if you need proof, just look at Halo 5. They launched it broken and unfinished because they knew the fans would defend it)
sometimes as long as 5 minutes and when I do load in, the game is halfway done or more
I get that issue occasionally too, mine is at most thirty seconds though. Thirty seconds is still enough to unbalance the runtimes to power weapons and power positions on maps. Five minutes though, damn that can be the entirety of a match sometimes, and a lot of times that's enough to determine which way a match will go.
It's really annoying, especially now that it seems to happen in almost every game for me. Oftentimes I get into the game when the scores like 46-43 or something. Like there's no point of me even loading in. No idea how or why it started suddenly happening.
343 will never fix the game completely because there is a minuscule amount of profit to be made from a broken game with a dwindling playerbase. Its bad business for 343 or any company in their shoes right now to fix the game, could they have fixed it or recalled it during launch? Yes they could've and should've but matter right now is that its far too late to do anything right now and its best that we forget about this fiasco and look forward to make sure this doesn't happen again. Its sad but its the truth.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Also I wqs playing it after i sent that post and i went into a teleporter twice in a row on ancension, and when i died i jumped back to where i died twice.
#FixMCC
Was playing some matches a few days ago, and the game disconnected me several times in a row. I got a warning that if I kept quitting I would be banned temporarily...
Was playing some matches a few days ago, and the game disconnected me several times in a row. I got a warning that if I kept quitting I would be banned temporarily...
One of my friends last night got a temporary ban for quitting. It was only for 15 minutes but he never quit any games at all or got disconnected. Funny thing is this ban he got happened after we played 5 games.This glitch just started to pop up around a month or two ago when someone made a thread about it here.
This glitch just started to pop up around a month or two ago when someone made a thread about it here.
Oh god, MCC is sentient, the glitches are evolving.
This glitch just started to pop up around a month or two ago when someone made a thread about it here.
Oh god, MCC is sentient, the glitches are evolving.
If MCC was a person it would be the popular kid that has a lot of friends but all their friends hate them.
If MCC was a person it would be the popular kid that has a lot of friends but all their friends hate them.
Or that one that is an AWESOME friend sometimes, but you're never able to trust them completely to not flip out on you and go psycho for a while and then act like nothing happened.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5