1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
If MCC was a person it would be the popular kid that has a lot of friends but all their friends hate them.
Or that one that is an AWESOME friend sometimes, but you're never able to trust them completely to not flip out on you and go psycho for a while and then act like nothing happened.
Or that one friend that only has one good side and one side that's supposed to be good but it only is good on every other day
This glitch just started to pop up around a month or two ago when someone made a thread about it here.
Oh god, MCC is sentient, the glitches are evolving.
I wonder if their secretly patching a thing here and here without telling us. I know a couple of things in Halo Wars 2 were addressed but weren't publicly addressed I saw Ske7ch mention it here on waypoint on the Halo Wars 2 forum. Two issues that just popped out of no where recently are getting a temp ban for quitting when people don't quit and when trying to access your options in the main menu the game locks up and freezes for some people. The second happened to me then a couple of days later I was able to change my clan tag etc. New bugs don't appear out of nowhere unless the code is being adjusted by the developer.
... New bugs don't appear out of nowhere unless the code is being adjusted by the developer.
No, not always the case. Bugs can be present in a program for quite some time, but require a specific series of events to unfold for it to become noticed. Very possible for issues to seemingly appear out of nowhere when really it's just that edge case finally being hit.
stckrboy wrote:
... New bugs don't appear out of nowhere unless the code is being adjusted by the developer.
No, not always the case. Bugs can be present in a program for quite some time, but require a specific series of events to unfold for it to become noticed. Very possible for issues to seemingly appear out of nowhere when really it's just that edge case finally being hit.
Interesting but it's kind of similar to what you said a series of events. What events caused these two bugs to appear out of no where? I've played hundred of games in my 25 years of gaming. I started on Mario when I was 4. If a new bug or glitch appears out of nowhere it's when a game is patched or updated and somehow whatever is adjusted by the developer in said patch or update causes a new bug to appear in the code of the game. I've seen that happen for years. Regardless I just hope the getting a temp ban for not quitting bug is fixed since that disrupts parties when playing together. Good discussion though Sticker.
This glitch just started to pop up around a month or two ago when someone made a thread about it here.
I wonder if their secretly patching a thing here and here without telling us. I know a couple of things in Halo Wars 2 were addressed but weren't publicly addressed I saw Ske7ch mention it here on waypoint on the Halo Wars 2 forum. Two issues that just popped out of no where recently are getting a temp ban for quitting when people don't quit and when trying to access your options in the main menu the game locks up and freezes for some people. The second happened to me then a couple of days later I was able to change my clan tag etc. New bugs don't appear out of nowhere unless the code is being adjusted by the developer.
As far as I'm aware they can only patch the server-side without an update to the client. While they could be messing around with servers, since recently they did say they would consider an update in one of the weekly updates, I doubt it. I'd guess that the temp ban bug is some weird edge case being triggered server-side.

I've had the options bug too but to me it's only happened when going into customisation. My guess for that is that if the client needs to upload data to servers, which it probably would for service tags, emblems and such, it won't return out of the menu until the data is finished uploading. It could also just be an entirely client-side bug that's been there at least since the most recent client patch and just buried under too many other glitches for people to bother mentioning.
As far as I'm aware they can only patch the server-side without an update to the client. While they could be messing around with servers, since recently they did say they would consider an update in one of the weekly updates, I doubt it. I'd guess that the temp ban bug is some weird edge case being triggered server-side.

I've had the options bug too but to me it's only happened when going into customisation. My guess for that is that if the client needs to upload data to servers, which it probably would for service tags, emblems and such, it won't return out of the menu until the data is finished uploading. It could also just be an entirely client-side bug that's been there at least since the most recent client patch and just buried under too many other glitches for people to bother mentioning.
Luckily for me I was able to get into my options after a few days. The issue is when going into options you just have the blue view of space and nothing loads on the screen and you have to dashboard then.
Luckily for me I was able to get into my options after a few days. The issue is when going into options you just have the blue view of space and nothing loads on the screen and you have to dashboard then.
Yeah that's the bug I'm talking about. For me it only happens when backing out of options sub-menus, notably customisation, but if it happens in other contexts I'm probably wrong in my guess as to why it happens. It could be related to the glitch that locks you into highlighting gamertags and prevents voting on maps, but I doubt it.
I've also had bugs that don't save controller configurations correctly but it's never softlocked the game so I'd guess that's unrelated also.
sometimes as long as 5 minutes and when I do load in, the game is halfway done or more
I just uploaded a video demonstrating what the effects of slowspawning are from even a 10 second delay, it's 30 seconds into the video if you're at all interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI9A4aj1phs
sometimes as long as 5 minutes and when I do load in, the game is halfway done or more
I just uploaded a video demonstrating what the effects of slowspawning are from even a 10 second delay, it's 30 seconds into the video if you're at all interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI9A4aj1phs
Thanks for the video man. Insane that this still hasn't been fixed but tbqh it probably never will be. I played a couple of games of MCC with some friends a couple of days ago for the first time in many weeks, still got slowspawned in at least two of my games, each about a minute or so.
I know releasing a PC Port won't help fix it either, nor would adding new content because that might be make the bugginess a little worse.

if the 343I employees are having conversations on how to fix bugs then they should finish it up now already and fix MCC for those that want to play it.
This couldve been the best game ever
Zheqii wrote:
This couldve been the best game ever
I really wish it could've been made it still can be but 343 is letting it fall to the wayside
I played a few today to test, here's my results:

Game 1 [btb br flag on rats nest] - Laggier than the video I posted earlier in the thread, I quit.
Game 2 [4v4 smg slayer on sanctuary] - Two teammates quit and my third went AFK, I quit.
Game 3 [4v4 br slayer on h2a zanzibar] - The entire enemy team quit when we got to five kills.
Game 4 [4v4 br slayer on standoff] - Went fine, better than usual for H3 hitreg.
Game 5 [4v4 br slayer on guardian] - Almost certain I had host, grabbed shotgun and abused host advantage with unpatched H3 melee.
Game 6 [4v4 ar slayer on pit stop] - Not too bad, just hitreg, which is par for all H3 modes in MCC.
Game 7 [4v3(wtf) br slayer on assembly] - I was betrayed by multiple teammates from the start, I quit after my one non-betraying teammate quit.
Game 8 [4v4 ar slayer on citadel] - One player from each team quit but apart from that a fairly solid MCC H3 game.
Game 9 [4v4 classic slayer on chill out] - Solid match of CE, nothing to really complain about here.
Game 10 [hivemind infection on payload(H4)] - Just a pallet cleanser, I still don't like infection.
Game 11 [btb flag on daybreak] - Game was fine from what I could see.
Game 12 [4v4 br slayer on turf] - Two of my teammates went around betraying eachother but I stuck this one out because the other team were fun to play against.
Game 13 [4v4 br slayer on citadel] - An opponent got trapped into the same spawn about four times but from my end it was just the standard hitreg issues.
Game 14 [4v4 br slayer on narrows] - There was a noticeable amount of lag here but not enough that I shouldn't have been able to compensate, unfortunately I played really poor this match.
Game 15 [4v4 classic slayer on wizard] - My shots only registered about half the time on two opponents who were on the same Xbox and the active camo respawned immediately after I picked it up and died.
Game 16 [btb br flag on standoff] - Slightly too much lag to flag juggle but decent enough that I could run around and carry without snapping. I also died to a plasma pistol EMP burst in this match, haha.
Game 17 [4v4 smg slayer on sanctuary] - Two of my teammates quit and a member of the opposition quit. If I didn't get betrayed twice at the start my team would've won, yay.
Game 18 [4v4 classic slayer on damnation] - Game ran pretty well, got an exterm kiltac this match, not many people know how to play H1 I guess.
Game 19 [4v? smg slayer on warlock] - The opposition started with three players and then got one added about two minutes in. One of my teammates quit. Little bit of lag but not too bad. Game 117 for me overall.
Game 20 [4v4 ar slayer on orbital] - Normal hitreg issues.

It's not too long a session but it's the longest Halo session I've played since early 2013.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5