Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Misc/Other Feedback – November 2019

OP snickerdoodle

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Why isn't there full customization for halo 3 and halo 4
Unfortunately the main menu freeze/crash still is an issue and I have not seen any solid solutions. This is a multifaceted issue for several people across all console models that has persisted for at least half a year now. Once again I will break down the problems I experience but this takes different form for different people:

CONSOLE: Xbox One S

GAME: Any/all (main menu of MCC). Digital version of MCC.

ISSUE: When starting Halo MCC, if any other game has been opened/played prior to starting MCC, MCC will stutter and freeze directly before or during the loading circle on the main menu after pressing start. It seems to usually happen when custom user settings are being loaded (I set my brightness to 5 and the menu starts a bit darker, so I will see my brightness adjust immediately as the game freezes). When the game freezes it always crashes to the Xbox dashboard. The game will freeze in exactly the same manner if it is opened after a crash. The only solution I have found is to restart the console, and then after a restart, MCC will work fine as long as it is the first game opened. If any other game is opened first, or after closing MCC, MCC will freeze at the main menu after pressing start upon loading it again.

REPRO: Only a certain amount of people have experienced this particular crash but it occurs across all console models. For those who deal with it, it is as simple as starting the game and pressing start to get the crash.

Additional info: This only started happening after a certain update but unfortunately I do not remember which one; it is at least a half year old. This may or may not be tied to other crashes I and others have also experienced, such as crashing during Halo CE loading screens (some of which turn the Xbox off on their own). There has been some talk of the Xbox Insider program being part of the problem but I am not 100% sure. Steps I've taken to solve this issue include uninstalling/reinstalling the game, deleting and reinstalling my save data, hard reset(s), clearing Blu-Ray disc persistent storage. At times this issue will disappear and come back at random with no explanation.

I personally have not seen any official announcement on this bug for months and months, I sincerely hope the team is aware of it because those of us experiencing it do not want to restart our console every time we want to switch games. It can make playing MCC a frustrating and tedious experience.
May 1st update is when it started happening for myself and most others on my friends list, I don't have to restart my console but i do have to try to relaunch it multiple times before it will work for me. I've complained about this issue each month since May. They dont care. They are adding Reach without even having MCC fixed or even at the least have minor bugs. They have different priorities other than presenting the community with a error free product. Its about quantity and not quality nowadays.
The way MCC was originally designed it wasn't possible to support this. Reach customization is possible due to the move to UE4 for the menu and customization systems. Adapting that for Halo 3 and 4 is being investigated, though not confirmed
stckrboy wrote:
The way MCC was originally designed it wasn't possible to support this. Reach customization is possible due to the move to UE4 for the menu and customization systems. Adapting that for Halo 3 and 4 is being investigated, though not confirmed
OK thank you for your time
I notice people talking about the rank/unlocks in Reach not transferring, but nobody is talking about the bigger issue. Service records. People have spent 1000s of hours on Reach. Just look at the Halotracker leaderboard for time. There are probably people with 10k hours on the game now, and we're all just supposed to start over with everything 00s? It's ridiculous. I was at 6k hours years ago and other people are still at it. They gimped the Reach service record on Waypoint, so half the stats aren't even shown anymore. I've got 1.7 MILLION kills in firefight (used to be #1 on Halotracker, now #20). Over 10k matches played in multi-team, etc. I'm still #4 for highest co-op score in FF Matchmaking (232,131).
I notice people talking about the rank/unlocks in Reach not transferring, but nobody is talking about the bigger issue. Service records. There are probably people with 10k hours on the game now, and we're all just supposed to start over with everything 00s?
I don't think it's that big a deal. The other games' stats didn't transfer either and MCC is its own game so it should only keep track of the stats that you got in it. You can still go and play the original games at least for the later ones to look at your stats if you really need to see them.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I notice people talking about the rank/unlocks in Reach not transferring, but nobody is talking about the bigger issue. Service records. There are probably people with 10k hours on the game now, and we're all just supposed to start over with everything 00s?
I don't think it's that big a deal. The other games' stats didn't transfer either and MCC is its own game so it should only keep track of the stats that you got in it. You can still go and play the original game at least for the later ones to look at your stats if you really need to see them.
Not really. Playtime was never displayed in-game, only on Waypoint. Now it's gone. Waypoint also used to show the commendations with counters up to 32k.
Not really. Playtime was never displayed in-game, only on Waypoint. Now it's gone. Waypoint also used to show the commendations with counters up to 32k.
Still, you can see almost all of them in the game. I agree though that more stats for the legacy games on Waypoint would be an improvement.
I notice people talking about the rank/unlocks in Reach not transferring, but nobody is talking about the bigger issue. Service records. People have spent 1000s of hours on Reach. Just look at the Halotracker leaderboard for time. There are probably people with 10k hours on the game now, and we're all just supposed to start over with everything 00s? It's ridiculous. I was at 6k hours years ago and other people are still at it. They gimped the Reach service record on Waypoint, so half the stats aren't even shown anymore. I've got 1.7 MILLION kills in firefight (used to be #1 on Halotracker, now #20). Over 10k matches played in multi-team, etc. I'm still #4 for highest co-op score in FF Matchmaking (232,131).
You're not going to lose those stats though, they will still be there for you to look at any time. It's the exact same thing that happened with the original 4 games that were added, nothing from them transferred either.

Having done content migration for another smaller system in the past, I can tell you that it's no small feat to build a migration tool and pull data from legacy systems into a modern environment. In Halo's case this would be data from 5 games across 10+ years, matching them up with gamertags / live accounts (some of which might not even exist anymore and have underwent GT changes). I can't actually wrap my head around how much effort and time that would take.
General Halo MCC UI, quality of life feature: I wish to be able to see how I've unlocked of my player icons and emblems and such. As of now, you can see how unlock other emblems, however, once they unlock, the description is gone. Keeping the unlock description the item allows us to pick them on what it took to unlock them. Thank you.
I'm sorry but i don't know where else to put this so, i was featured in the weekly community post thing,
and i got the halo mcc fire unicorn nameplate, but not the
halo 5 fire unicorn weapon skin
stckrboy wrote:
You're not going to lose those stats though, they will still be there for you to look at any time. It's the exact same thing that happened with the original 4 games that were added, nothing from them transferred either.

Having done content migration for another smaller system in the past, I can tell you that it's no small feat to build a migration tool and pull data from legacy systems into a modern environment. In Halo's case this would be data from 5 games across 10+ years, matching them up with gamertags / live accounts (some of which might not even exist anymore and have underwent GT changes). I can't actually wrap my head around how much effort and time that would take.
I don't want to look at them. I want to add to them without the hackers and lag on 360. You're putting the same bloody game on XB1. We should get to keep our stats. Like I said, there are people with 10,000 hours on it!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I own MCC on Xbox One digitally, will I be able to get MCC for PC for free? I really don't want to pay for the same game twice. Any response would be appreciated
I own MCC on Xbox One digitally, will I be able to get MCC for PC for free? I really don't want to pay for the same game twice. Any response would be appreciated
As the MCC isn't a Play Anywhere title you won't be able to get it for free on PC.
You'll have to buy it on Steam, Microsoft Store, or use the appropriate Xbox Game Pass.
I'm playing on a physical copy of Halo MCC, I've got an issue that involves the Career/Stats tab. (issue is applicable to all games In the MCC that include online multiplayer)
The Issue: Many of my online matchmaking stats appear to be frozen. Some stats will update right away after matches but others appear to be stuck at either zero, or blank entirely. As an example: my total number of kills for halo 3 match making updates at the end of every game played, but certain stats, like my grenade kills stay at zero and stats like "most played map" simply read none or are blank.
REPO: it's a constant thing, the mentioned stats (and many more in halo CE, 2, 2 anniversary, 3 and 4) are always this way.
Additional info: I've read across the fourms that this is a recuring issue with many players, so You likely have already heard of it, but just in case I figured I'd leave the feedback To let you know that it still is occuring. not sure if it's relevant either but I'm playing on a regular 500GB Xbox one model.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2