Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

MCC Misc/Other Feedback - December

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Please use this official thread to share any and all MCC MISC / OTHER FEEDBACK.
  • MULTIPLAYER FEEDBACK can be provided HERE.
  • CAMPAIGN FEEDBACK can be provided HERE.
If you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC "OTHER / MISC", please include as much detail as possible.
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Thank you!
I think I've found a bug with the HDR option in MCC. I just bought a 27" Samsung CHG70 monitor. It's basically the best FreeSync monitor on the market. It has HDMI 2.0 and the latest firmware update which is 1020.0 I think.

I installed Halo MCC and was trying to enable the HDR option but it wasn't showing up in the game settings. I had the "Allow HDR10" option enabled in the Xbox Settings though. I also have 1440p, Allow 24Hz, Allow variable refresh rate, 60Hz, PC RGB Color Space, 30 bits per pixel (10-bit) Color depth, and Overrides Auto-detect enabled.

After some tinkering around with the Xbox settings I found that when I enabled the "Allow 4K" setting, the HDR option became available in the Halo MCC game settings. However, my monitor is a 1440p monitor not a 4K display. It doesn't make sense for me to enable the "Allow 4K" setting. And when I enabled the "Allow 4K" setting I think my image got washed out like I switched the "Color space" to "Standard". But I'm not completely sure about this. It's hard to tell just by eyeballing it.

The Halo MCC HDR option shouldn't be arbitrarily linked to the "Allow 4K" option in the Xbox system settings.

This post has been hidden.

Riekopo wrote:
I think I've found a bug with the HDR option in MCC. I just bought a 27" Samsung CHG70 monitor. It's basically the best FreeSync monitor on the market. It has HDMI 2.0 and the latest firmware update which is 1020.0 I think.

I installed Halo MCC and was trying to enable the HDR option but it wasn't showing up in the game settings. I had the "Allow HDR10" option enabled in the Xbox Settings though. I also have 1440p, Allow 24Hz, Allow variable refresh rate, 60Hz, PC RGB Color Space, 30 bits per pixel (10-bit) Color depth, and Overrides Auto-detect enabled.

After some tinkering around with the Xbox settings I found that when I enabled the "Allow 4K" setting, the HDR option became available in the Halo MCC game settings. However, my monitor is a 1440p monitor not a 4K display. It doesn't make sense for me to enable the "Allow 4K" setting. And when I enabled the "Allow 4K" setting I think my image got washed out like I switched the "Color space" to "Standard". But I'm not completely sure about this. It's hard to tell just by eyeballing it.

The Halo MCC HDR option shouldn't be arbitrarily linked to the "Allow 4K" option in the Xbox system settings.
This is likely due to the fact that until a few months ago, the Xbox console itself locked HDR settings behind the 4K setting -- people couldn't turn on one without the other.They changed it in console update, but many games probably built their HDR with this limitation in mind -- not thinking it'd be changed.
I would really like it if you could get the achievement tracker for the online medal ones back on track, as an example, I’ve got 210 killjoy medals but only 39 of them count, as a couple of updates back some of my achievements got reset

There should be a way for it to track in game from the medal chest how many of each medals we have towards each achievement somehow

Other than that, great job updating the game!
ISSUE/FEEDBACK
  1. Halo 3 bad hit detection and bloodshots https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/eu-tripper/video/64901664
  2. Halo 3 phantom/ghost melees on players https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dx6FDqRgOY
  3. Halo 3 sometimes lag out on loading screen or load in the game late xboxdvr.com/gamer/eu-tripper/video/64901651
  4. Halo 3 screen lag sometimes at the start of the game
  5. Halo 3 delayed sound for respawn countdown
  6. Halo 3 Lag spawning and teleport back to spawn
  7. Halo 3 plasma grenade sticks sometimes comes off the player
  8. Halo 3 sometimes rockets do not fire it just makes the weapon's firing animation
  9. Halo 3 reloading weapons after they already been reloaded
  10. Halo MCC campaign Co-op Input lag both on wired connection still lag https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRVKwu_hEws
OTHER / MISC
  1. Keep getting the same maps please add a map voting system
  2. Stop people from pulling ips before the game starts
  3. Halo 2 and Halo 3 add ping bar on scoreboard
  4. Theater mode can't save games anymore or watch with friends
  5. Theater mode halo 3 no emblems next to players
  6. Should not be getting banned for quitting when its a 3v4
  7. Fix idling players still getting them after the update
  8. Halo MCC aiming feels broken
  9. Halo Reach and firefight
  10. Halo custom game browser
Proximity chat, h2 h3 and reach has this, add it to mcc, no reason why it shouldn’t be
EU Tripper wrote:
  1. Add dedicated servers always delayed P2P host and getting DoS by players
MCC already has dedicated servers for matchmaking, there is no P2P in matchmaking any longer
There are still some known issues with people being removed, but it's not related to P2P
So how come I can’t play offline with guest profiles? Attempting to add one for CO-OP Campaign and I get a message saying that I can’t use an offline guest profile. I used to before the big update so what happened now? It will work with another profile. Just not Guests. Was this an actual change? If so, why? It’s kinda disappointing.
Issues with halo 3 team hardcore. Over half the time I’ll find a game and when it comes to loading up the map I’ll get kicked back to the main menu. So if I’m playing with friends they will be down a man and I don’t get to play. Any solutions to fixing this issue?
I have screen tearing at 1080p@60hz on the Xbox One X on Halo 2 campaign in split-screen. Are you guys planning on enabling V-Sync in the future or is it just disabled on split-screen for performance purposes? I may just have to invest in a FreeSync monitor in the future but if there's any way to fix the screen tearing without affecting performance that would be a great additon to the One X Enhanced improvements. ☺
stckrboy wrote:
EU Tripper wrote:
  1. Add dedicated servers always delayed P2P host and getting DoS by players
MCC already has dedicated servers for matchmaking, there is no P2P in matchmaking any longer
There are still some known issues with people being removed, but it's not related to P2P
So if what you say is true why can someone pull ips on a dedicated server?
EU Tripper wrote:
There is a small window when gathering players wheethat info can become available. Team are aware, as far as I know, and looking at solutions
stckrboy wrote:
EU Tripper wrote:
There is a small window when gathering players wheethat info can become available. Team are aware, as far as I know, and looking at solutions
Yes that seems about right also why do I get lag spikes and i'm on wired connection never happend on halo 5 servers?
Could we please get mod support for this game? It would exponentially jack the replay value and allow for tons of customization. Like maybe at least for CE? Also, is it possible to add in custom weapon settings to fine tune damage and accuracy settings for individual weapons? This is something I have wanted for a long time. I saw that you guys were considering adding in some new skulls for halo 3 and 4 so I thought that if you could technically mod those games that you technically might be able to add a feature like the one I am suggesting
EU Tripper wrote:
also why do I get lag spikes and i'm on wired connection never happend on halo 5 servers?
Not something I can help wth I'm afraid
EU Tripper wrote:
ISSUE/FEEDBACK
  1. Halo 3 bad hit detection and bloodshots https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/eu-tripper/video/64901664
  2. Halo 3 phantom/ghost melees on players https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dx6FDqRgOY
  3. Halo 3 sometimes lag out on loading screen or load in the game late xboxdvr.com/gamer/eu-tripper/video/64901651
  8. Halo 3 sometimes rockets do not fire it just makes the weapon's firing animation
  9. Halo MCC campaign Co-op Input lag both on wired connection still lag https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRVKwu_hEws
OTHER / MISC
  2. Add dedicated servers always delayed P2P host and getting DoS by players
hoping someone will listen to your words and hoping that something will change becouse EU players can't play MCC anymore.. Always lag, lag screen, bloodshots.. The bad thing is also that if you watch us players streaming, they always play with beautiful connection, it seems they are playing on LAN.. If 343 won't change those situations maybe there will be no EU players left.
Please come back to P2P in order to remove region lock and in ordere to guarantee good games to everybody!!
I dont know if its the right place to post it but maybe a come back of the h3 odst firefight?
EU Tripper wrote:
ISSUE/FEEDBACK
  9. Halo MCC campaign Co-op Input lag both on wired connection still lag https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRVKwu_hEws
OTHER / MISC
  2. Add dedicated servers always delayed P2P host and getting DoS by players
hoping someone will listen to your words and hoping that something will change becouse EU players can't play MCC anymore.. Always lag, lag screen, bloodshots.. The bad thing is also that if you watch us players streaming, they always play with beautiful connection, it seems they are playing on LAN.. If 343 won't change those situations maybe there will be no EU players left.
Please come back to P2P in order to remove region lock and in ordere to guarantee good games to everybody!!
Yes its a fact that usa are playing on lan they are shooting me behind walls and my shots are not registering its so painful to play right now
the original halo 3 team doubles playlist was ranked for 10 years now it got put in social where only new players play it. No competition exist please put it back to ranked because the majority of the population wants it. This is confirmed by the poll halo way point did a few months ago where many people voted for it and why it was added in the first place.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2