Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

MCC Misc/Other Feedback - February 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Please use this official thread to share any and all MCC MISC / OTHER FEEDBACK.
  • MULTIPLAYER FEEDBACK can be provided HERE.
  • CAMPAIGN FEEDBACK can be provided HERE.
If you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC "OTHER / MISC", please include as much detail as possible.
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Thank you!
This isn’t a bug but when I switch between Halo 5 and the MCC, the MCC doesn’t look as crisp in 4K. I don’t know if it’s just me. However some hud elements in Halo 4 mostly seem to be HD, not updated to 4K. Additionally I assume that the Halo 2A Campaigns are pre recorded because it’s a bit blurry on my 4K TV so I assume that’s because it runs in HD. So it’d be awesome if you guys could update the assets so Halo 2As Campaign cutscenes are 4K.
Hello,

Rewards won't unlock on Halo Channel if your Xbox One is not in English.
If you try to edit a map in forge, save it and finish the game in MCC.
You will go back to the menu, now try to delete your map, the game will bug, and you will have to restart the game.
I can provide a video if you want.

Yesterday, I was navigating in the menus and then I'm not sure how, but this happened :
https://images-eds-ssl.xboxlive.com/image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ1997NqViwRuhp37ECgBmpjTopc.v25oEq7FlZ81jsccR6Lhr9DKFgfGODR8U_YC8brEqKYWtj1qqW9xNquA69c0yWFZyIQZnwTLwDF8yOdTV_nFKLoq834vA5vrbXaeMMc0snZlt25dtKe4S0860WdiGLMTLIeMqFn4QT1AiVsYbpTV1mIoIZi732e62xT3mLk_Vc_98T_TGElGrsXU1kbAhCHKTdvskJVGBKa1zPoee_qyK.MNzP6qJkmVIOSWRiNKqADBCftfijKefpFKpNg-&h=1350&w=1350&format=jpg

https://images-eds-ssl.xboxlive.com/image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ1997NqViwRuhp37ECgBmpjTopc.v25oEq7FlZ81jsccR6Lhr9DKFgfGODR8U_YC8R4545IA14D72Fomz7RIdInNeI8Xf3ND14ijcEYnp0LHWJESui79GKPbMw9vj_NpRxmfJKnW003VZWqVeCFUsQOoG7yUSbhC6NR8up9mbl.krRokcwJlUci_4boMUGM5V6kVdIKW6qyPDAPtN3JycxIRpPiP1yN8pbVr62njxmxKw5gdO2XVw4_QUyUG8UfsedOLV4MSzmzL.4GOD2mEMI8-&h=1350&w=1350&format=jpg
I really want to be able to use the Halo 5 control layout in MCC. It makes it hard to go between the two games.
  1. The idea of fiesta is that you start with random weapons, but there are to issues I found with the fiesta mode. Firstly, the weapons you get on each respawn don’t seem to be completely random. Sometimes you get the same weapons that you had when you died. At first I thought this was just coincidence, but it happens way too often. Secondly, I know this is how the game was originally, but in Halo 4 specifically you can’t see your secondary weapon without actually switching to it. Which means every time you respawn you have to swap weapons to see what you have. While in Halo 2/3 you can see both weapons in the top right corner. So Halo 4 makes respawning in fiesta a little more annoying, but that’s just a little nitpicky thing.
  2. Also, you shouldn’t get kicked for being idle on the lobby. The idea of the lobby is to WAIT, and therefore do nothing while you wait for a game to start. The idle kicking should be in game. I shouldn’t have to wiggle the thumb sticks every now and then when I’m in the lobby.
Halo mcc h2c team arena

Issue: I can not find a game until prime time searching which seems to be approx. 6pm eastern time zone. Is the population that dead or anything that can be done?
Suggestion; I would like to suggest to add an option on the playlist menu to create a custom playlist
Description: Not everyone agree about which mission was the best and every fan have their own favorites missions around the master chief collection. I think this is a good feature your team could add to the mcc to improve the player experience
Its 02/07/2019 and after jumping off the failed Anthem hype train, I decided to pop in MCC just because I'm bored and sure enough what do I see?? 343 making my baby look so good with the frosted TV loading screen. Then watching a Warthog sitting lonely in the crisp cold, snowy and frosty night. The lights are on but no marines in sight. It's so pleasing to watch and I find myself staring at this while listening to the Halo 2A score. OMG I can't say how much I truly love you all. I know I sound stupid but I love Halo so much that it makes me cry. This start screen has me thinking of the great memories my Shipmates and brother Marines and I have had with this game since it first was out for the OG Xbox. This was the game that gave us peace of mind when we were in the Middle East especially after 9/11. Some of them are no longer alive anymore so this game means everything to me. I know I have given you all flack in the past honestly because I don't enjoy the musical score of 4 and 5 and the campaign of 5, but when I see you still nurturing and caring for my baby here on MCC, you reminded me once again why I will never leave. Thank you 343 for kicking butt and taking names with this game. I don't care what people say about how long ago this dropped and "Oh now its fixed meh meh meh" I'm glad you are still fixing till this day. This speaks more to me then a perfect day one launch. Your dedication, your passion, your zeal, and fervor for making the best Halo experience after all these years means everything to me.

Semper Fortis
I don't know if this falls under Misc feedback but I thought it was cool when we had matchmaking for Spartan Ops. Think we could have that again? I'll also take ODST firefight with matchmaking (that's a must for that mode).

Thanks for the great job 343i
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  • All types of games.
  • While it is interesting to see your ping to the server, I think it would be a nice feature to be able to see your ping to the specific game. Perhaps a small number on the pause menu at the top or button of the screen. It would be a very nice information to have. And you could even include it in the statistics: what is your average ping.
Any chance the weighting of AR/BR starts on H3 social slayer could be looked into? It was mentioned in an update that the weighting is now 50/50, however i get AR starts now more than ever. Yesterday 11 of my first 12 games were AR starts. The total was around 15 AR starts and 4 BR starts (with me getting kicked to menu and receiving a ban on a couple of the BR starts). This is my experience every single time i play. Is anybody else still getting an extremely unproportional ratio??? I prefer BR starts on every map, but i know there are a few players that prefer AR starts so i don't mind them as long as the ratio reflects what the update mentioned. As i mentioned, it is seemingly every time i play that the ratio is still 80/20 AR/BR starts or worse.
It would be amazing if it became an option in the Match Composer, so you could choose to play slayer AR or not.
Hello,

Rewards won't unlock on Halo Channel if your Xbox One is not in English.
If you try to edit a map in forge, save it and finish the game in MCC.
You will go back to the menu, now try to delete your map, the game will bug, and you will have to restart the game.
I can provide a video if you want.

Yesterday, I was navigating in the menus and then I'm not sure how, but this happened :
https://images-eds-ssl.xboxlive.com/image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ1997NqViwRuhp37ECgBmpjTopc.v25oEq7FlZ81jsccR6Lhr9DKFgfGODR8U_YC8brEqKYWtj1qqW9xNquA69c0yWFZyIQZnwTLwDF8yOdTV_nFKLoq834vA5vrbXaeMMc0snZlt25dtKe4S0860WdiGLMTLIeMqFn4QT1AiVsYbpTV1mIoIZi732e62xT3mLk_Vc_98T_TGElGrsXU1kbAhCHKTdvskJVGBKa1zPoee_qyK.MNzP6qJkmVIOSWRiNKqADBCftfijKefpFKpNg-&h=1350&w=1350&format=jpg

https://images-eds-ssl.xboxlive.com/image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ1997NqViwRuhp37ECgBmpjTopc.v25oEq7FlZ81jsccR6Lhr9DKFgfGODR8U_YC8R4545IA14D72Fomz7RIdInNeI8Xf3ND14ijcEYnp0LHWJESui79GKPbMw9vj_NpRxmfJKnW003VZWqVeCFUsQOoG7yUSbhC6NR8up9mbl.krRokcwJlUci_4boMUGM5V6kVdIKW6qyPDAPtN3JycxIRpPiP1yN8pbVr62njxmxKw5gdO2XVw4_QUyUG8UfsedOLV4MSzmzL.4GOD2mEMI8-&h=1350&w=1350&format=jpg
Same here. Also cant name my maps anymore. Appreciate 343 for asking for these bugs.
menu MCC is bugg !Halo 4 progress is in ODST !!!!!!!!!!!

this bug has already been reported in January
Fabtulle wrote:
menu MCC is bugg !Halo 4 progress is in ODST !!!!!!!!!!!

this bug has already been reported in January
This is a known issue and is being worked on
PC port for the franchise? Rumor is Halo infinite is coming to PC, so would the rest follow?
Rumor is Halo infinite is coming to PC
That's not a rumor. It's been confirmed that Infinite is coming to PC.
A few suggestion about the post game stats.

1) I don't really understand what criterion is used when the game selects top medals. Take a look a this picture:

https://images-eds-ssl.xboxlive.com/image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ_QLQhZ8X.0dh1rxYwf72m1jDov7v5dy7Uy0wpPuR3SahTZ_1IropiYAx5rec9YYdUtb2yUf5z1WLduSov5rOn3kqDUE8FvzJDubPmRaKRiNLZD6cfUWo9DUM6S3ydkU7N_ijFu2Ui8LFsD7O6jx__YYqQTA_aUX3_WPNkHUBSR4VVRuFHhf5mi9vofr6ZsD303Li5.28mxmq4MiUANPbjblmnU64Myp4GukG3wmSr8HqhCWx4z6d_9wChhUejnDfV.7MW6XChFv6T_pId.xO2g-&h=1350&w=1350&format=jpg

One would certainly think that a killtrocity would be one of the top medals. But alas, take a look:

https://images-eds-ssl.xboxlive.com/image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ_QLQhZ8X.0dh1rxYwf72m1jDov7v5dy7Uy0wpPuR3SahTZ_1IropiYAx5rec9YYdTzWlA0rrkPO2WeuqQHsekjDUyoRtFbaB4eqGvCtEVz.vKi_6fcHcK7mSTUsX99MbPCuPwIiUU9sU7TCcu1l0G8Zjpf8GrDHwqzQzMjTRdboLVomp8__yQ6YrDMEWh0AvSwxqRJGcXrnc5FMmfttuBCyDKDlk_MMiahcP.dUgsHrHyRnWqiCkU7nKPIDw2FUlPgQ6ED6siMJA4z18z0Qrl8-&h=1350&w=1350&format=jpg

Also, I think you should add a post game stat that shows the top medals of the entire game. A feature that was in the original games. It was always interesting to see in Halo 3 when someone got a special top medal. Today you properly wouldn't even notice if someone got a killionaire.

2) I feel like the stats are missing quite a few bits of information. For instance it would be nice to see stats for the hole team. If you play king of the hill you can't see how many point the entire team got - unless you manually add them together. This is of cause only relevant for the team who lost. They can't see how many point they got. You could also add total stats for kills, assists, damage dealt etc.

3) There is a glitch in that has been in the game since launch. If you go to player details in the post game stats (by pressing a), you can press the bumpers to switch between players. However, if you first press the left bumper and then the right bumper the current highest rank will not update correctly.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Minor emblem issue here. Can you please fix the alignment of Face Mask 2 to match up properly with the Spartan with crossed swords? It’s always been slightly to the up and right in MCC. I used it as my emblem for H2, H3, and Reach and would love to be able to use the two together again.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2