Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Misc/Other Feedback - January

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Please use this official thread to share any and all MCC MISC / OTHER FEEDBACK.
  • MULTIPLAYER FEEDBACK can be provided HERE.
  • CAMPAIGN FEEDBACK can be provided HERE.
If you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC "OTHER / MISC", please include as much detail as possible.
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Thank you!
Hello 343, I´ve been playing lately and I´ve noticed a problem with the UI.
Whenever you select any other tile that is not campaign, for example multiplayer, if you wait a couple of seconds the banner gets switched to campaign.
This happens with everyother tile that you select if I´m not wrong.
It´s not game breaking at all I believe though it happens pretty often, like all the time.
This happens in the retail version as well as the MCC Insider.
Here´s a link to my profile´s captures, it´s the latest I took: https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Profile?xr=socialtwistnav&activetab=main:mainTab4
You can tell it apart from the other clips cause you will see the MCC Menu.
CANCELLED
in halo 2 longest the sound cuts in and out when there is an explosion
MCC HALO GAME: HALO 3
ISSUE: The "Bumper Jumper" Control scheme is broken on Halo 3. You cannot move up and down with the hornet. This problem only occurs on Bumper Jumper, not Universal Bump & Jump.
MCC HALO GAME:
  • Halo CE
  • Halo 2
ISSUE:
One minor "paper cut" bug that always annoys me, and I think might be easy to fix is the discrepancy between H1 and H2 mapping of the white/black buttons to RB/LB:
  • on the original Xbox, black button was switch grenade type (H1&H2) and white button was flashlight (H1/H2-SP) or chat (H2-MP).
  • on MCC, using "The Duke" button layout for H1 and the non-universal "Default" button layout for H2, the black/white buttons are mapped differently. This does not make any sense, as these two button layouts are those that are the closest to OG as you can get without actual black/white buttons.
REPRO STEPS:
  • In MCC: Select button layouts "The Duke" for H1 and (non-universal) "Default" for H2. Test LB/RB on both games.
ADDITIONAL INFO:
  • on MCC H1 "The Duke", black button (switch grenades) is mapped to LB.
  • on MCC H2 "Default", black button (switch grenades) is mapped to RB.
MY SUGGESTION:
Black button (switch grenades) should be mapped to LB on both layouts (H1 "The Duke" + H2 "Default), and white button to RB. This is because "throw grenade" is mapped to LT, and it then makes sense that the bumper on the same side swaps grenade type.
Hello, I have encountered a pretty big bug that makes the game just lock up. This happens when you delete files in Custom Games and Forge for the Halo games Halo 3 and Halo 4. It's weird, it only happens right after you delete 3 files and then the game locks up, you can't do anything, none of the buttons register. I have even tried dashboarding and back but it is still locked up. The only way to fix it is by restarting your build. I have tried Halo 2 Anniversary but it does not effect it. I think it is because Halo 2 Anniversary has 2 built in variants of the map already, were as Halo 3 and Halo 4 don't.

MCC HALO GAME:
  • Halo 3
  • Halo 4
ISSUE:
  • Game locks up after deleting 3 files in Custom Games and Forge.
REPRO STEPS:
  • I will have links in the additional info but to reproduce this glitch you want to make sure that you have 3 maps that have saved and then you just want to delete the maps and that is it.
ADDITIONAL INFO:
How to REPRODUCE this bug.
Hello, I have encountered a pretty big bug that makes the game just lock up. This happens when you delete files in Custom Games and Forge for the Halo games Halo 3 and Halo 4. It's weird, it only happens right after you delete 3 files and then the game locks up, you can't do anything, none of the buttons register. I have tried Halo 2 Anniversary but it does not effect it. I think it is because Halo 2 Anniversary has 2 built in variants of the map already, were as Halo 3 and Halo 4 don't.
It happens in H2A as well. I found that it locks when the map only has one or two map variants and you delete one of them.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
In Halo 5 I have the Ice Unicorn Assault Riffle Skin (Use it all the time now). From what I’ve heard, if you play in a match with a member of 343 in Halo MCC or 5, you get the reward for both. So I have the Ice Unicorn Skin, but I don’t have the nameplate. Please fix this. I really want to rock the Ice Unicorn Nameplate.
The game sound in Halo 2 is still horrendously imbalanced. In certain environments waterfalls and generators are deafeningly loud, and gunfire can barely be heard.
Are the Waypoint stats for MCC ever going to be updated? It's been 4 months now since the reset.
Vlaiquela wrote:
In Halo 5 I have the Ice Unicorn Assault Riffle Skin (Use it all the time now). From what I’ve heard, if you play in a match with a member of 343 in Halo MCC or 5, you get the reward for both. So I have the Ice Unicorn Skin, but I don’t have the nameplate. Please fix this. I really want to rock the Ice Unicorn Nameplate.
You need to play in a Community Playdate like the social stream. If you got your skin before November you will need to match again to get the MCC stuff
Not sure if this is really an issue but.

Halo 2 / Halo 2 Anniversary:

Halo 2: Get off ghost exiting to left
H2A: Get off ghost exiting to right
Greetings,

This might be just a nitpick but did anyone notice the game chat indicator (The Gamertag on whoever is speaking above the score hud) is missing in H2C & H2A?
I know, 80% of the people don't even have their mics enabled.

H2A had it enabled before the major patch, but it was poorly displayed & scaled. Now it's completely hidden (except on the scoreboard)
H2C is completely missing, most likely due to the broken game chat in the Vista port, the PC port used in MCC. However, H2 Project Cartographer (a project to fix H2V) brought the indicators back partially.

And since CE didn't have voice chat at all, it would be cool to see an indicator if it's possible.
If you still don't know what I'm talking about, here's a pic > https://i.imgur.com/eqSTHNB.png (sorry the pic looks like its taken from 2005, it's because it is taken from 2005)
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo CE Anniversary, Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 4/Spartan Ops
  • FEEDBACK: Please make all terminal videos and cutscenes downloadable and viewable offline, similar to what Quantum Break did.
Location of Bug: Matchmaking Lobby, Career Stats in Player Profile
Description: Kills and Deaths ingame are not the same as on halowaypoint
Reproduce: Look at your Ingame Statistics (Kills and Deaths), then look the same stats up on halowaypoint. If you made some Halo 3 Kills and Deaths close after release of MCC, you will have more Kills and Deaths on Halowaypoint. I remember that Halo 3 did not count to the ingame statistics in the frist time after release. It would be nice if you could update the ingame statistics.

Example: I have ~4000 Kills more on Halowaypoint than ingame. When I had 15000 ingame I had 19000 on Waypoint (maybe 2 or 3 years ago). Now I have 46000 ingame and 50000 on Waypoint. It always remains the same difference.
Stats, specifically all multiplayer stats, do not update after matches while in game. The only way stats are updated on your in game player profile is to completely restart the game. Can this be fixed? This has been going on for at least the last two months.
  • MCC HALO GAME: H:CE, H2, H2A, H3 and H4
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Please increase the amount of Maps and Modes able to be saved and created in all multiplayer Halo games for Custom Games and Forge.
  • REPRO STEPS: N/A
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: It’s currently 50 for Gamemodes and 50 for Maps. I would prefer it being linked to your hard drive space or an overall increase like Halo:Reach
BUG FIXED.

Below in the spoiler is a post I made in the November Feedback Thread and followed up with additional info in the December Feedback Thread. I hope it is not inappropriate to post here but I wanted to follow up with a resolution. I downloaded the new update for January 2019 and went straight to the Halo: CE mission menu and received no crash when highlighting all of the missions. I also checked the other campaign mission menus and did not receive a crash when highlighting the missions there.

I am very thankful and grateful that my issue was resolved and in such a timely fashion. What I find interesting is it appeared to be a problem with my synced information, so I didn't know if it was a problem with MCC or Xbox Live. I will follow up again if I run into any issues, but for now, please pass along my deep thanks to the MCC team :)

Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3