Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

MCC MISC/Other Feedback - June 2019

OP Postums

Please use this official thread to share any and all MCC MISC / OTHER FEEDBACK.
  • MULTIPLAYER FEEDBACK can be provided HERE
  • CAMPAIGN FEEDBACK can be provided HERE.
If you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC "OTHER / MISC", please include as much detail as possible.
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Thank you!
Hi, I'm writing per feedback of the new MCC progression system that will be implemented in the near future. With ranks going seasonal, I want you guys to please keep in mind that most (if not all) competitive players pour their time into the game solely to obtain the 50 with the ring behind it. The ranks with their emblems in this game a huge status symbol amongst the community. Halo 2's ranking system is already very slow and tedious, and it takes most high-level players an entire season (4 months) to even obtain a rank above 44. If the season resets this status emblem for players, the community will be very frustrated and angry with it because it will feel like they've been robbed of their time and effort. If the progression system is to be implemented, please ensure that the previous seasonal ranks will be honored, and the all-time Max rank of the player will be honored as well. I know I read this is the MCC notes, but I'm writing to you guys to really stress this point. Almost everybody in the community hates having their rank reset, and this is partly due to the fact that Halo 2 ranking system is extremely difficult to rank up in. It was not designed to be blended into a seasonal method, but a permanent one. Therefore, obtained the high rank may now become next to impossible, and there will be no true skill stratification each season. The skill spectrum will just be convoluted even towards the end of each season because ranking progression is so slow.

Therefore, I wanted to summarize with two points: The first one is Halo 2 ranking system was designed to be permanent and non-seasonal. If you want to implement seasonal, then please inflate the points per win/loss so skill spectrum can be stratified within a period that matches the season length. Secondly, the impetus behind playing MCC for most competitive players is their rank with their shiny emblem. It gives people a sense of accomplishment and honors their social status in the community. If ranks are going to be reset, then previous season ranks need to be preserved in a proper method, and a players all-time Max rank needs to be displayed on their career where it currently is or underneath the Seasonal rank. It needs to be designed in a way so it doesn't lose it's value and blow away into the void of insignificance. People pour hours in the game for their ranks, and I promise you most people will be very angry with their Max ranks aren't honored in a proper method when you click on their profile. Those are my 2 cents. Thanks so much for reading through this, I hope it will help the developers and influence their decisions. Cheers!
Just a, hopefully, basic suggestion but the nameplates feel like they ought to show what their requirements were to unlock them after the fact. It is rather difficult to care about them when you have no idea what you did to earn them, or if they were just default. Just keep the criteria there after each nameplate has been unlocked?
Technical issue first: When a controller disconnects in split screen in blocks EVERY screen and nobody can play. In online games that has forced my entire team to suddenly be stuck until we change the batteries. The same thing happens when one play has to switch their controller options. These things should all only be tied to the individual screen for whom they are related. I would really love to see this fixed, and I really think it should be. Now on to the game type comments!

I would love to see more rocket race. Maybe even with a dedicated option like Griffball currently has. Some of the most fun I’ve ever had with halo. I would also love to see score to win in Combat Evolved Double Team brought down to 25. Lastly I would love to see Halo 2 Team hardcore replaced with Halo 2 doubles. 2 Hardcore is hard to find games in most of the time anyway in my experience and doubles games usually seem more popular from what I’ve seen. Thanks everyone at 343i, keep up the awesome work!
Halo: Combat Evolved is always referred to as “Halo CE”. The words,“Combat Evolved” is never even seen on the MCC, causing confusion when bringing up the game with friends.
It would be nice to have the option to set a higher difficulty in campaign playlists. for example i really want to get the archivment for playing the master chief saga playlist but normal is so easy i could beat it with my feet while playing parallel chess. in other words i dont have much motiviation playing since it offers basicly no chalange. since it would be higher that shouldnt be a problem.
Halo 4 and onwards it would be in my opinion if we could duel wield guns like Halo 1,2,3 and Halo 3: ODST I personally enjoyed it and it maybe enjoyed by others as well
You guys know the Library section from Halo Anniversary on 360? No not the mission, the thing in the Extras menu that allowed you to view and read about stuff from the game. This isn't a necessary inclusion obviously (since I know there's other things of higher priority) but it would be cool if it was eventually added to MCC. MCC is supposed to be a central Halo hub of sorts, and letting us get some extra lore info directly from the game itself would be a really cool inclusion.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Main Menu
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: I and many other players had the same irritation for years and about implementation of the following rather than issues:
  1. Armor Customization: When it comes to Halo 1-2 customization it is totally and perfectly cool and how it was back in the days. It's impossible to get that wrong. But my god were all of us disappointed when we entered the Halo 3 and Halo 4 section. One block of option per armor set? Really? Really? This is more disappointing than Halo 5. We want full Halo 3 customization "exactly as it shipped 10 years ago". It's alright for Halo 4 cause it was mostly set-based any way, but Halo 3? No, it has to be full 4-slot customization.
  2. Nameplate Progression: When a nameplate is unlocked, we have currently no idea how it is unlocked. The status of obtaining it is gone once you unlock it which is pretty sad. I unlocked 112 nameplates and I have no idea at this point which one counts for which. There's absolutely no reason of having them now considering that we have no idea of difference unless you go to Halo wiki. But we don't have to go out of the game to understand it fully.
  3. File Share: 5 YEARS LATER. STILL NO PROPER FILE SHARE! Just looking at the MCC forums, there's at least one post every week when someone complains about the lackluster "File Share" we've got up in here in MCC. We can't save our films, we can't create clips, only 40 slots for screenshots, no community favorites. Oh Gods, HOW? These are the basic feature every Halo game had since 3 AT LAUNCH. Just add it already.
  4. And the most important issue of all is... TEAM KILLING! I absolutely can't stress enough how important it is to the overall grand multiplayer experience!!! I can't count how many times the degenerate kid started shooting at me right at the first seconds of the game for no apparent reason. And there is absolutely no way of stooping it. Even if you booted them they will come back instantly into the next match which brings me to my main point here: PENALTY! As of now 343 added the penalty for quitting FINALLY! So that's good.. B-b-but.. Why didn't they also implement the temporary ban for team-killing??! I MEAN IT'S WAY MORE THAN QUITTING! Quitting is one thing, but killing 3 people in your team and then getting booted from it does not warrant the ban then? That's unheard of. This just happens non stop. Trolls who have nothing but hatred and should have no place in Halo. Literally 30% of Halo: Master Chief Collection is like that. They should all understand that team-killing non-stop should be punished. I say we must ban a person at least for 48 hours for such a thing. This punishment shouldn't go unnoticed. Infection is ruined. And I mean RUINED because of it. Every single match ends with half the 12-player roster booted for teamkilling. That's how it was in 2015. That's how it was in 2016. That's how it still kept happening in 2017. Oh God it was hell of a team-genocide in 2018. And that's how it still is in 2019. And I'm not even talking about Halo: CE teamkilling. A few months ago I remember a guy going as low as -60 score. And it still keeps happening. CE does not even have betrayal booting at this point. This was the main reason I left MCC in 2017. Getting back to it in the "The Grand MCC update" in 2018 was a huge disappointment when I realized none of these issues were fixed. Getting back to MCC in 2019 just saddens me how these things keep happening.
And these are the reasons why people keep leaving the game and the main 5 reasons that keep the game from being good. And I'm just SURE that every single every-day MCC player agrees with me on this and has had the same gripes about this game since that launch. And all of these issues still haven't been addressed nor discussed by the developers and not a even a single mention about them. As if these 4 points are just being ignored. A simple question. Why?
Still waiting for the ability to change teams mid match in Halo 2 Classic. Without this feature you cannot play Infection in this game.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: I and many other players had the same irritation for years and about implementation of the following rather than issues:
  1. Armor Customization: When it comes to Halo 1-2 customization it is totally and perfectly cool and how it was back in the days. It's impossible to get that wrong. But my god were all of us disappointed when we entered the Halo 3 and Halo 4 section. One block of option per armor set? Really? Really? This is more disappointing than Halo 5. We want full Halo 3 customization "exactly as it shipped 10 years ago". It's alright for Halo 4 cause it was mostly set-based any way, but Halo 3? No, it has to be full 4-slot customization.
  2. Nameplate Progression: When a nameplate is unlocked, we have currently no idea how it is unlocked. The status of obtaining it is gone once you unlock it which is pretty sad. I unlocked 112 nameplates and I have no idea at this point which one counts for which. There's absolutely no reason of having them now considering that we have no idea of difference unless you go to Halo wiki. But we don't have to go out of the game to understand it fully.
  3. File Share: 5 YEARS LATER. STILL NO PROPER FILE SHARE! Just looking at the MCC forums, there's at least one post every week when someone complains about the lackluster "File Share" we've got up in here in MCC. We can't save our films, we can't create clips, only 40 slots for screenshots, no community favorites. Oh Gods, HOW? These are the basic feature every Halo game had since 3 AT LAUNCH. Just add it already.
  4. And the most important issue of all is... TEAM KILLING! I absolutely can't stress enough how important it is to the overall grand multiplayer experience!!! I can't count how many times the degenerate kid started shooting at me right at the first seconds of the game for no apparent reason. And there is absolutely no way of stooping it. Even if you booted them they will come back instantly into the next match which brings me to my main point here: PENALTY! As of now 343 added the penalty for quitting FINALLY! So that's good.. B-b-but.. Why didn't they also implement the temporary ban for team-killing??! I MEAN IT'S WAY MORE THAN QUITTING! Quitting is one thing, but killing 3 people in your team and then getting booted from it does not warrant the ban then? That's unheard of. This just happens non stop. Trolls who have nothing but hatred and should have no place in Halo. Literally 30% of Halo: Master Chief Collection is like that. They should all understand that team-killing non-stop should be punished. I say we must ban a person at least for 48 hours for such a thing. This punishment shouldn't go unnoticed. Infection is ruined. And I mean RUINED because of it. Every single match ends with half the 12-player roster booted for teamkilling. That's how it was in 2015. That's how it was in 2016. That's how it still kept happening in 2017. Oh God it was hell of a team-genocide in 2018. And that's how it still is in 2019. And I'm not even talking about Halo: CE teamkilling. A few months ago I remember a guy going as low as -60 score. And it still keeps happening. CE does not even have betrayal booting at this point. This was the main reason I left MCC in 2017. Getting back to it in the "The Grand MCC update" in 2018 was a huge disappointment when I realized none of these issues were fixed. Getting back to MCC in 2019 just saddens me how these things keep happening.
And these are the reasons why people keep leaving the game and the main 5 reasons that keep the game from being good. And I'm just SURE that every single every-day MCC player agrees with me on this and has had the same gripes about this game since that launch. And all of these issues still haven't been addressed nor discussed by the developers and not a even a single mention about them. As if these 4 points are just being ignored. A simple question. Why?
concenring the customizaton..... a Real 3D modell preview like it used to be would be nice to have ... this would really help selecting colors etc
concenring the customizaton..... a Real 3D modell preview like it used to be would be nice to have ... this would really help selecting colors etc
My thoughts exactly. Right now it looks cheap as hell.... Goddamit even Halo: CE 19 years ago had color previews for God’s sake. Ugh... Their laziness is beyond imagination.
My thoughts exactly. Right now it looks cheap as hell.... Goddamit even Halo: CE 19 years ago had color previews for God’s sake. Ugh... Their laziness is beyond imagination.
better late then never. Most companies wouldnt revert back to that disaster. But i really hope when reach is out that they start focusing a bit more back to the game itself. ( would also make sense since after reach the other pc games are less of a problem like they said ). The one thing that bugs me very hard is that as a european i always get connected to US east 2 wich can have very variable gaming experience ( easpacialy on Halo 3 where so many things are conncection dependent )