Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC MISC/Other Feedback - March 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Please use this official thread to share any and all MCC MISC / OTHER FEEDBACK.
  • MULTIPLAYER FEEDBACK can be provided HERE.
  • CAMPAIGN FEEDBACK can be provided HERE.
If you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC "OTHER / MISC", please include as much detail as possible.
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Thank you!
Spartan Ops progress isn’t saving. I played through the first episode and most of the second one, and when I re-entered the game, my progress was gone. This was after the new update that reverted the home screen background.

Many on the Halo 4 Multiplayer glitches (audio cuts, weapon switching issues, overlapping letters, etc.) present in the last update weren’t fixed, understandable, but I just wanted to mention that.

Other than in Halo 4 (which I seldom played) the game runs seamlessly. I haven’t witnessed any glitches in any other Halo games other than the weapon glitching into wall glitch in Halo 3, which isn’t game breaking; and IDK if this is a glitch but in Halo 2A Multiplayer, the explosive barrels have a delayed animation, so it kills the opposing player, then like a second later it explodes. Kinda annoying and inconsistent.

These last few updates gave me achievements that I shouldn’t have got. One is the ‘you’re joking’ achievement which you get from completing Halo 4s Campaign on Legendary in under 3 hours. My friend wasn’t able to get this achievement even though he met the requirements. When the valentines update came about, he rightfully got the achievement, but I did as well, perhaps because I was playing with him. Secondly, I somehow got the ‘departure’ achievement before completing the entire episode 1, but I think that is due to the progress for spartan ops not saving, because I might have completed the last mission independently at some point.

Also, the Halo 2A cutscenes are beautiful, but the resolution seems to be only HD (I have a 4K TV and the cutscenes for Halo 2A seem a bit blurry, and yes I activated 4K on my Xbox One X). Please update the assets for the Halo 2A cutscenes.

So with the exception of a few minor issues, this game is running like a champ. Great job 343i, can’t wait for the future of the MCC.
Vlaiquela wrote:
Spartan Ops progress isn’t saving.
This is a known issue - from what I recall it's just on the UI side, progress is still being tracked. Should be fixed in a future update
stckrboy wrote:
Vlaiquela wrote:
Spartan Ops progress isn’t saving.
This is a known issue - from what I recall it's just on the UI side, progress is still being tracked. Should be fixed in a future update
I’ve been holding off because of that. So it’s just a visual issue? Does that mean that when it’s fixed I’ll see the progress? Because were it says what difficulty (solo or coop) it says unplayed. So will the change when they fix the UI issue?
Bring back the alert carry for Halo 2 matchmaking and fix the body lights on Halo 2 multiplayer elites. I know it's possible to fix them, the tags or whatever were just forgotten in the PC port.
This is general to the MCC: I hope this is the best place to put this as it is related to the Career section of the achievements. I don't know if this has been mentioned in the past already by other folks, but the in-game achievement lists (not on the Xbox Profile) under the career section needs to be reviewed, looked over and reorganized because a number of cumulative achievements are appearing in the wrong category and the UI for this is messy in general (a UI update just like the main menu for this section would be nice to see). For example, the Kill X number of this type of Covanant enemies from the campaigns (I saw this on the Halo 2 multiplayer category listing) are appearing in the multiplayer list, which does not make any sort of sense since it is impossible to play multiplayer for Halo 2 to kill any Brutes or Hunters (I believe I saw those achievements in this list), there may be more achievements that are cross game achievements (or specific to the game), but are appearing in the wrong category. Also it would be really great if the Halo 3: ODST achievements could be separated out from the Halo 3 achievements to be put under its own list since it is a separate game entirely, maybe the same engine as Halo 3 but are two totally separate games. Since I am assuming that ODST Firefight mode might be coming soon with the rumors floating about, ODST will definitely need to be separated out from Halo 3 since I imagine Firefight achievements will be added to the game and then the list under the multiplayer section (which I imagine it might be under this list if the in game achievement list doesn't get updated) will get way too big to look through (its already a slog looking through this list all the time). I understand back in 2015 that all of that was done in a rush at the time, but with the fixing and updating game, this should get some love and looked over for correcting achievements under the correct category. And yes I know this is a low priority since the other stuff for the game is higher priority if the achievements are still unlocking fine.
Would love to see more achievements added to the game.. plus an update please on the previous post in here about Spartan Ops progress not saving? I’m having the same issue.
The volume/sound effect on turf by the broken scarab is absurdly loud. Even worse when you spawn there without expecting it you go deaf.
Can you guys *PLEASE* add in a custom button layout option for all games?
I've been using universal reclaimer for years, but I absolutely hate using B for crouch and having my left stick do nothing in Halo CE-3.
Since I'm sure there are other people who have specific preferences for what button does what that aren't covered in the provided button layouts, I think it would be a worthwhile inclusion in the next update.
PC players are going to get remappable controls after all, so I think it's only fair that console players have that option too.
(Yes I know you can do that with the Elite Controller, but my Elite Controller unfortunately died after the left bumper fell out)
I just really want to use the Default Reach controls options for all games in the collection, since that's what I learned to play Halo on.

If you can't implement this, then can you at least make it so all control options can be used across games and not just the Universal sets?
The fact that I can not save film is insane. We had the ability to that 2008. MCC has been out for like 4 years and this still hasn't been added yet...
I have a couple new features ideas I would like to see added to the collection:

• I don't think Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer had a theater mode, I wonder if one could be built for it?
  • Hoping for ODST Firefight to get added this year.
Im very certain that there are discussions about this however I would like to add onto it. I love the MCC and very excited for the Reach Remaster however I would like to see an update that would add selective customization, how the old Halo 3, 4 and Reach had to have our own unique flair to our Armor sets to personify our styles. For example in Halo 3 I would want to use a Hayabusa helmet, Recon Shoulders and a CQB chest piece, rather than set armor sets. While i do not want them to delete the system they have now, I would want a button to press to customize myself. Any ideas to add or contemplate?
b Force d wrote:
The fact that I can not save film is insane. We had the ability to that 2008. MCC has been out for like 4 years and this still hasn't been added yet...
Use Twitch.tv or Mixer to save full gameplays. You can then upload them to Youtube or Onedrive, etc.
Overall ranking system to track progress across all playlist please!!!!!!!!
No emblems on back or arms of Spartans/elites (H2C) BR feels slower than previous build. Sometimes when at the start of MM games the frame rate drops tremendously
Is there any ways of which PC Gamers such as myself can start testing the MCC from a Windows 10 PC?
Has the Tie issue been fixed in ranked where Red team still gets counted for a win?
Is there any ways of which PC Gamers such as myself can start testing the MCC from a Windows 10 PC?
Not yet. If you have signed up for the Insiders program it's just a case of waiting for flights to start. You'll be notified when that happens
stckrboy wrote:
Not yet. If you have signed up for the Insiders program it's just a case of waiting for flights to start. You'll be notified when that happens
OK Cool! Yeah I so wanna play on the PC! I hope it's Cross Platform like in Sea Of Thieves too!
Custom Playlist
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2