Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Misc/Other Feedback - October

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
My Biggest Problem Right Now Is With Region Lock It's a Horrible Decision In My Opinion Because It Singles Out The Population The Updated Has Been Excellent But Region Lock Needs To Be Removed No That We've Got Dedicated Severs Worldwide Connecting Should'nt Be a Problem This Is My 4th Complaint And This Should Be Looked All Across Sea And United Kingdom People Should Be Able To Connect To Americans Easily And It Over All Makes The Matchmaking Great Because Everybody Worldwide Is Connected Halo 3 Had A Giant Population Over Millions Played Because Everybody Was Connected Through The World Thats Whats Fun About Xbox Live Thats Whats Fun About Halo Xbox Live Is Worldwide Connected Online Service For You To Meet New People Everyday And The Games Are Like That To So Have A Good Look At This And You'll See Afew Pointers That Affect The Game Over All 1:Population 2:Matchmaking 3:The Fans 4:Overseas People 5: And The Game In Genaral

This post has been hidden.

I have a small suggestion for player Nameplates in lobbies/menus. Currently, all Silver nameplates are very similar visually to Platinum nameplates. This makes it so I can't see which type of nameplate someone is repping. For example, compare the silver LASO namplate, requiring one halo LASO playlist completion, to the platinum LASO nameplate, which requires ALL of them to be completed. If possible, a recolor of Platinum nameplates to something more distinctive (maybe Black/Onyx, or giving them a Gold border) would go a long way!

Also, its already been said, but letting us see the requirements to earn a certain Nameplate AFTER we earn it is another feature that hopefully wouldnt be hard to impliment. Id like to know how I earned all my old ones. Thanks!
When opening MCC the picture icons for the campaigns will be missing, but will reappear if you scroll in the next tab the go back up.
MCC HALO GAME: Spartan Ops Menu
ISSUE: Activated Skulls.
Repro Steps:
When playing in spartan ops we go to the option to choose the skulls that we want to activate but when choosing them the activated skull counter shows one activated but it is not activated in the next image.
Additional Info:
the next screen shows that there is no skull activated.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkNBCWw1hdhQgb85nue95gI0O8vrYQ
Not sure what the main cause is with lack of registration and delayed actions (H3) but it NEEDS TO BE TAKEN CARE OF. If its the servers, maintenance on the servers or what. Its an INCREDIBLE PROBLEM. Every game for weeks has been TERRIBLE. Aiming with snipe is off too. I like to think these complaints get read and taken into account and I know it takes time. However, we have no word on anything being worked on or letting us know that they have acknowledged the issues that are still occurring. Its frustrating to say the least.
Geinzu wrote:
I like to think these complaints get read and taken into account and I know it takes time. However, we have no word on anything being worked on or letting us know that they have acknowledged the issues that are still occurring. Its frustrating to say the least.
You can find the latest things that are being worked on posted on the Trello board
https://trello.com/b/WPZDzEBI/mcc-support-page
stckrboy wrote:
Geinzu wrote:
I like to think these complaints get read and taken into account and I know it takes time. However, we have no word on anything being worked on or letting us know that they have acknowledged the issues that are still occurring. Its frustrating to say the least.
You can find the latest things that are being worked on posted on the Trello board
https://trello.com/b/WPZDzEBI/mcc-support-page
Cool, thanks.
I noticed while playing HALO CE, HALO 2 Classic, while playing multiplayer the players name appears above the players head "RED" now... it was originally blue not sure if this was planned to be like this cause through all of my experience playing the MCC and previous Halo titles the players name always appeared blue above there head, this is not a big deal but I try to have a classic experience as possible, the way it should be within the MCC for the titles way played back in the early 2000's just as we remembered them, this is not a big deal and many people proble haven't noticed this but I have...
I also love that the orginal Halo 2 Classic loading screen is back and everyone has unique emblems again instead of everyone having the same emblem when you join a game, thanks for reading this.

PS if you can bring back snow on Halo 2 Lockout just like the orginal that would be cool.
My service record is glitched and had being like this the last 2 years, my total time is stuck on 596hours and hasn't went up in over 2 years, I really like having my satistics and all my progress in my Halo service record, please fix this thank you.
The ability and option to see how you've unlocked the nameplate/avatar, you can only see right now how you can unlock an nameplate/avatar, I've unlocked a lot of nameplates/avatars and would like to go though them and see how I've unlocked them but it dosent tell me how I've unlocked them please put the option to see how you've unlocked nameplates/avatars, thank you.
DE5SlE - please don't post multiple times in a row, thanks. You can edit your last post if you need to add more information or quote other users
I'm having a very annoying issue. Every time we play coop on MCC the second account to join in the menu will have their profile aesthetics completely reset, along with their amour customisation and settings! This happens every time we newly open the game. What also occurs is when opening the game in coop, the game says, 'finding latest data' and keeps reading error after every retry. Restarting the Xbox is the only way to resolve the error and this is extremely annoying. THEN after fixing all of this the first match we play together as coop; after these errors, freezes and sends us back to the lobby. PLEASE fix this!
stckrboy wrote:
DE5SlE - please don't post multiple times in a row, thanks. You can edit your last post if you need to add more information or quote other users
I'm just posting multiple issues I've found among MCC, I've being incurged by 343 to submit my feedback and that's what I've done, it's not like I've posted the same topic on different forms, I've posted 3 different topics on here which are 3 different issues, sorry if I just want Halo MCC to be great for players and if by posting issues to help the game for the future, I'm just genuinely passionate about the Halo franchise and I want MCC to succeed that's all, sorry...
DE5SlE wrote:
...I'm just posting multiple issues I've found among MCC, I've being incurged by 343 to submit my feedback and that's what I've done, it's not like I've posted the same topic on different forms..
That's fine, just in future please consolidate those into a single post :)
Got another batch of 12 bugs and other issues here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4Gga6daH-I

Here are the details for each of them, hope this helps!

1. Halo 3 ODST - Enemies Appear As Giant Blobs Of Light
    On night missions with VISR Mode on, enemies with overshields from engineers will appear as giant blobs of light. In the 360 version of ODST, they do still glow a lot but it's a lot more drastic on MCC ODST
  2. Blank Gametypes On Main Menu
    Sometimes when selecting gametypes for custom games or Forge, if you tap A too fast or it happens randomly sometimes too, the gametype shows up as blank and has no options. If you start it up, you'll get kicked back to the main menu.
  3. ODST Cutscene Skip Bug
    This is similar to the issue with the intro in the Prepare To Drop Cutscene where you're no longer able to skip just the intro. If you skipped the intro, it'd skip the entire cutscene. In the past you were able to just skip the intro and go straight to the actual Prepare To Drop Cutscene. It turns out that issue also affects the Epilogue cutscene. Skipping it at any point will skip the entire cutscene and mission rather than just that part like you normally could.
  4. Halo CE Infection Image
    On the main menu under custom games, the images to the right show a bunch of maps and gametypes. The Halo CE map Timberland is shown there with the Infection gametype which is not possible as Infection didn't exist in Halo CE
  5. Main Menu Images Glitch
    If you enter any lobby, forge or customs, then select a specific Halo game, then back out to that forge or customs menu, it will display the images from the main menu instead of the images for the highlighted game.
  6. Unknown Duplicate Territories Map On Main Menu
    If you hover over Forge on the main menu, in the images to the right of it, you'll two duplicate maps with the territories gametype. I can't identify what maps those are though, they don't match any known map and look like they might be from campaign or spartan ops.
  7. Over 100% completion on MCC
    If you go to careers, you may notice that it's possible to complete over 100% of MCC. In my case I've complete 111%. I suspect this might be due to the ODST achievements that were added and they never changed the calculation to account for that.
  8. Hall Of Mirrors Rendering Broken
    So if you glitch outside of maps in Halo 3 or ODST, you may see glitched areas where your screen gets all distorted and mirrored hence why some people called it the Hall of Mirrors. On splitscreen, you'd be able to see your guest's screen too. On the latest version of MCC though, it's just nothing but white out there now. I know it's just a glitch out there anyways, but I figured it's still important to point out because it may affect other stuff in the game.
  9. Halo 3 not included in Cross Game playlist preview
    On the image next to cross game under playlists, the image with sample map selections features all the Halo games except for Halo 3 which is definitely part of the cross games playlist.
  10. ODST Objects And Characters Turn Black
    This is very similar to early Halo 3 glitches in the Halo MCC Insider flights where some objects or weapons would just turn solid black, or in recent builds, footsteps in the snow turn black. It seems like ODST also has that same bug that affected early Halo 3 insider builds but never received the improvements that the final version of Halo 3 received so lots of stuff in ODST still turn solid black every now and then.
  11. Feedback: Halo 3 ODST should get it's own section on the leaderboards and achievements list
    Right now ODST stats and achievements are grouped together with Halo 3. It'd be nice if ODST had it's own section for those stats. It got its own section in campaign and playlists with the big update too.
  12. ODST Not Included In The MCC Credits Page
    If you go to the Credits page through MCC, it takes you to the Halo Waypoint website where the credits are hosted there. All the individual Halo games have their own credits there as well as the entirety of MCC credits too. But ODST is not included there in the credits at all nor was it bunched together with Halo 3 either.
That's all for this list! I'll keep an eye out for more!
I have a small suggestion for player Nameplates in lobbies/menus. Currently, all Silver nameplates are very similar visually to Platinum nameplates. This makes it so I can't see which type of nameplate someone is repping. For example, compare the silver LASO namplate, requiring one halo LASO playlist completion, to the platinum LASO nameplate, which requires ALL of them to be completed. If possible, a recolor of Platinum nameplates to something more distinctive (maybe Black/Onyx, or giving them a Gold border) would go a long way!

Also, its already been said, but letting us see the requirements to earn a certain Nameplate AFTER we earn it is another feature that hopefully wouldnt be hard to impliment. Id like to know how I earned all my old ones. Thanks!
I seen someone with a reallly cool one but idk how he got it. Some nameplates arent on my list at al - is this a glitch?
  • MCC HALO GAME: All
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Please consider adding a "universal Halo 5 Zoom & Shoot" controller setting.
  • REPRO STEPS: Not applicable
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Please see linked screen shots below
Unlike most, I started with Halo 5 as my first halo game. The game is amazing, so much so that I know want to play all of the halo campaigns and multiplayer. Keep in mind that I have spent a bit of time, completed every achievement, playing halo 5 using the default controller setup. Its now muscle memory. However I typically switch back and forth between all the games in MCC and Halo 5 and experience issues with hitting the wrong button on the controller. I switched to zoom & shoot which gets me pretty close to Halo 5. However I always throw a grenade when trying to melee. Now I know you can remap buttons with the Xbox accessories app, however that posses other problems when overriding buttons like LB which can be used for menu navigation when not in the game. For those with Elite controllers, its not a big deal because we have a slider with two profiles available at any time. Simply slide to the other profile and when in game menu or Xbox menu and slide back when actually playing. Those with a standard controller however have to deal with the strange re-maps when navigating. Also using the re-map does not help with in game labels that assist you in knowing which button to press. For example in Halo 3, when jumping on a wraith with zoom and shoot, it pops up a message saying RB to drop a grenade. Well if you remap LB to RB and RB to R3, this can cause confusion until you remember on the fly your remapping. Below is my remapping to make MCC play just like Halo 5. I love the feel of this setup as its like playing halo 5 for everything. However this has only been tested with Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 4. Have not gotten Halo 3 ODST yet. I have converted a few of my friends that played Halo 5 to this. My opinion is it would be useful enough to get its own universal setting in Halo MCC.

Settings using Xbox Accessories App when playing MCC ONLY:
LB to RB - Universal grenade throw
RB to R3 - Universal melee
R3 to B - Universal crouch
B to LB - Halo 3 equipment, Halo 4 armor ability, Halo 5 dash

Halo 5 Default:
https://i.imgur.com/nTD9vsj.png

Halo MCC universal zoom & shoot:
https://i.imgur.com/2HB7VNy.jpg
I would like to see a field of view (FOV) slider added to the Master Chief collection I think it would make the game a lot more enjoyable. And it would make it a lot easier for PC players to adjust two playing on a console. And would also help people that deal with motion sickness.
I would like to see a field of view (FOV) slider added to the Master Chief collection I think it would make the game a lot more enjoyable. And it would make it a lot easier for PC players to adjust two playing on a console. And would also help people that deal with motion sickness.
That would help me alot cause i deal with motion sickness.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4