[Locked] MCC Misc/Other Feedback

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
Please use this official thread to share any and all MCC MISC / OTHER FEEDBACK.
  • MULTIPLAYER FEEDBACK can be provided HERE
  • CAMPAIGN FEEDBACK can be provided HERE
Read the official patch notes and known issues HERE.

If you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC "OTHER / MISC", please include as much detail as possible.

• MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Thank you!
GAME: HALO 3
ISSUE: If you have the pirate emblem as your emblem foreground and the cowboy hat as the emblem background with no secondary color (31/31 option on the secondary color is clear) there is a gap between where the pirate's head ends and the cowboy hat starts. This gap has been present since the day MCC released and I would appreciate it if you could fix this graphical issue.
RETRO STEPS: go to emblem, choose pirate hat as foreground and cowboy hat as background, go to colors tab for the secondary color choose the 31st option which is clear and you should see the gap.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Original Halo 3 did not have this gap between the pirate's head and the cowboy hat.

MCC version of emblem https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnKuYF1F2B7tghmgUznmoLDdhsd6

Original halo 3 version https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnKuYF1F2B7tghrRvt5uq1pOladB

I also want the gold 1 to gold 2 guardian jump to be put into the game. It's very hard to do it consistently on MCC.
Please add the halo 3 walkie talkie button layout, or the halo reach default button layout. Thanks
GTA EPIC09 wrote:
Please add the halo 3 walkie talkie button layout, or the halo reach default button layout. Thanks
Yes, this would be very helpful!

Edit: Walkie Talkie is a very good button layout and needs to be added in to all the games.
GTA EPIC09 wrote:
How about the ability to make custom button layouts???
Please add proximity chat, all the other halos prior to halo 4 had it and it was loads of fun, no reason not to have it!
ok but where the reset game progress career you forgot about it and also, special nameplate/avatar and free ODST and much more I need present during fall or winter events if there going to be there I try! and thanks
I am grateful to see the updated UI, and added features, however with all these new cosmetic settings added, the lack of audio settings is still highly problematic.
While a music setting for the menu was added, there is no settings for audio in the games.

I have noticed the following for each game to be problematic:

• Halo: CE- Audio is fine here, no need for changes.
  • Halo: CE Anniversary- Sound effects and music is too loud at times, and drowns out dialogue. There is also the rare glitch where the Remastered audio will switch into Classic mode and will not change after dying in Remastered graphics, a problem since launch.
  • Halo 2- A issue since original release is the overall audio is quiet, especially music and weapons.
  • Halo 2 Anniversary- The sound effects and music is way too loud and also drowns out dialogue
  • Halo 3/Halo 3: ODST- sound effects are far too quiet while the music and dialogue is too loud, another issue since original launch on Xbox 360.
  • Halo 4- Music and dialogue are quiet, sounds are loud.
I think it would be great to fine tune the sounds for each game or have the sounds balanced, as it is hard to enjoy each game when these settings aren't properly tuned.
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: While downloading the new update, once past the "Ready to Start" download phase, launching MCC would display the background and then crash.

I noticed along with the MCC Update, was a separate update listed in MCC for Halo 3: ODST, I queued this update to install.

Given the new Intelligent Delivery, I suspected the previous DLC 7.6 GB ODST file would possibly change, now be a part of the main install and change to a small unlock data block.

Once the main 73.70 GB update of MCC finished, the ODST update was only a few seconds and had now become 10 MB in size.

At that point launching MCC was successful without immediate crash.

Perhaps if I had paused the MCC update and installed the ODST update immediately after the MCC update had got to the "Ready to Start" phase, then resumed the MCC update, it might have launched without crashing and allow customisation of the game installation components (Campaigns/Multiplayer).

Worth noting for those who have the ODST addon.
  • Halo: Combat Evolved
  • When recording gameplay in 4k (standard, non HDR) on Xbox One X, the level "Two Betrayals" the footage becomes sporadic when switching to classic mode and then back to regular. Works fine on other levels it seems. Here it causes skips and large gaps whenever a switch between the versions is made, footage was captured in the first five minutes of the level.
  • General
  • When installing, if another game installation is started and you go to play one of the already download parts of the Halo: MCC the Halo: MCC install will immediately start going again and it will not allow the install to be switched while it is running. Not really a bug as to say, but something that is annoying if you're trying to get another game installed and want to play some Halo in the mean time. Generally perhaps a potential problem with the dynamic install delivery.
Don't know if this counts as an issue but my game was in german after the update, had to change it back manually.
I am providing feedback for halo 3 and 4 and that is. can we PLEASE get the ability to actually customize our spartans armor. Also add the champions bundle armor to the halo 4 armor options. not being able to fully customize my spartans look in the games that i should be able to is one of the reason I stopped playing the MCC to begin with.
MCC HALO GAME: Menu System
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: on the title screen, the start button icon disappeared and became a black box instead of circle with 3 lines.
REPRO STEPS: Was playing campaign when partners account got signed out (someone logged into it on different Xbox) and the game kicked us to title screen. That's when the black box appeared.
GAME: HALO CE

ISSUE: GREEN THUMB button layout is wrong (doesn't match original 2001 Xbox control layout). Zoom and Switch Grenades are mapped backwards. Zoom is supposed to be mapped to the B button, and Switch Grenades should be on the right bumper (was originally mapped to the black button on the 2001 controller).

REPRO STEPS: Go to OPTIONS & CAREER > SETTING > CONTROLLER > HALO CE > BUTTON LAYOUT and then select GREEN THUMB from the available options.

ADDITIONAL INFO:
This web address shows the current incorrect MCC button layout: http://halobugs.com/images/MCC_Green_Thumb.jpg
This web address shows the original 2001 Xbox button layout: http://halobugs.com/images/OG_Green_Thumb_xbox.jpg

Perhaps both of these layouts can co-exist as separate options, but the original layout with Zoom on "B" must return, especially since MCC HALO 2 has GREEN THUMB with Zoom on "B".
Hello Team, 73 GB will use half of my monthly internet allowance. Is there a way to not update and continue to use the game?
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 1 and 2
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The Boom and Bandana skull do not always show up on all systems. Pretty sure they don't unlock until you watch Halo nightfall episode 3. Otherwise the unlock is just broken the first launch or so. I had to restart my console and others have had the same issue for years with seemingly random actions unlocking the skulls. They don't even have images they just aren't there until they are.
  • REPRO STEPS: Have a fresh install of the game without any save or profile data.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: None
  • MCC HALO GAME: MCC itself
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: if you had the ODST dlc installed before the patch, as the patch is downloading if you didn't first install the ODST update (it's separate on the download qeue) if you try to launch MCC it will crash back to the Xbox home screen if the (9mb I think?) ODST dlc patch isn't downloaded
  • REPRO STEPS: try to update MCC with the odst dlc installed first and try to launch MCC when it says ready to launch without the 9mb odst patch installed.
  • MCC HALO GAME: All
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: HDR doesn't work on Xbox one s despite every other HDR game working on both the x and s.
  • REPRO STEPS:
  • GAME: Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer.
  • ISSUE: Elite player models can’t lower the Carbine in third person.
  • RETRO STEPS: Switch player model to “Elite” and hold down these four buttons depending on the control scheme “down d-pad, jump, reload, zoom.” for three seconds to lower your weapon. This will successfully lower all weapons using the “Elite” player model except for the Carbine which fails to lower in third person.
Hello Team, 73 GB will use half of my monthly internet allowance. Is there a way to not update and continue to use the game?
I was surprised there wasn't an update system and we have to re-install the whole game again. If you want campaign or local games you can skip the update by staying offline. Otherwise you'll need to use the intelligent delivery system to download sections of the game monthly. Open the game when Ready to start (2.34GB).

Then navigate to "Options & Career" > "Settings" > "Gameplay" > "Change Installed Games" and select what parts of which game you want to download.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9