Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Misc/Other Feedback

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
I want to make a suggestion on adding the ping bars to the scoreboards during matchmaking so that we can all determine how well we are performing in every match we play in Halo 2, 3, and 4. Halo: Combat Evolved scoreboards can have the same latency ping style as it is in Halo PC with ms numbers. Here are pictures of the ping bars in a Halo 2 scoreboard and the Halo PC numbered pings:

Halo 2 - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbrWiGtXkAEuhpj?format=jpg&name=large

Halo PC - http://www.degreesofclarity.com/halo/screenshots/ctffeb2006lefty.jpg
Dear all,

Just checked the update - it rocks! Good to know that you care! Thank you for your work!

Still there is some space for improvement... :D

Is it possible in future releases to add controller scheme like in Halo 5? I am that type of guy who likes to shoot, zoom, jump, throw grenades on triggers and bumpers (and melee on RS). It's so hard to play Halo MCC in parallel with 5th control scheme... If you would find a solution for it - would be great...

PS I don't play halo 4, cause I cant do shoot, zoom, jump, throw grenades and *jetpack* on triggers and bumpers

Regards
Quick question.
The latest update, is that version 1.507.0.0?
I've known the "last updated" dates to be inaccurate in the past.
I know I could just boot up the game and check, but I'm currently playing something else and just quickly checked the details in games and apps.
Is the above version the latest one?
A progression xp system similar to halo 3s would be great to have, it gives us an incentive to play long term outside of just ranked playlist since the xp is cumulative
I am grateful to see the updated UI, and added features, however with all these new cosmetic settings added, the lack of audio settings is still highly problematic.
While a music setting for the menu was added, there is no settings for audio in the games.

I have noticed the following for each game to be problematic:
  • Halo: CE- Audio is fine here, no need for changes.
  • Halo: CE Anniversary- Sound effects and music is too loud at times, and drowns out dialogue. There is also the rare glitch where the Remastered audio will switch into Classic mode and will not change after dying in Remastered graphics, a problem since launch.
  • Halo 2- A issue since original release is the overall audio is quiet, especially music and weapons.
  • Halo 2 Anniversary- The sound effects and music is way too loud and also drowns out dialogue
  • Halo 3/Halo 3: ODST- sound effects are far too quiet while the music and dialogue is too loud, another issue since original launch on Xbox 360.
  • Halo 4- Music and dialogue are quiet, sounds are loud.
I think it would be great to fine tune the sounds for each game or have the sounds balanced, as it is hard to enjoy each game when these settings aren't properly tuned.
It is shame they do not see or hear this by themselfs, do they not play there own game?
Game: Overall MCC title
Issue: Game freezing, requiring player to restart the game from home.
Reproduction steps: Load the game and go to the "OPTIONS & CAREER" Tab. The navigate to "SETTINGS." Then go to the Network tab where you view the Network ping list.

Overall: The game will sometimes fail to retrieve the ping stats, which has resulted in my game completely freezing. The only way to unfreeze it, is to got to the Xbox Guide menu and quit the game.
Quick question.
The latest update, is that version 1.507.0.0?
I've known the "last updated" dates to be inaccurate in the past.
I know I could just boot up the game and check, but I'm currently playing something else and just quickly checked the details in games and apps.
Is the above version the latest one?
Yes, thats the most recent build 🙂
So I’ve been flipping through all these pages and noticed 343 doesn’t respond to anyone. Kind of a bummer.

I would greatly appreciate additional spartan customization, I do not understand why it cannot be done as you guys completely reworked the UI and the menus. Or add more “custom” sets of armor for Halo 3-4, do something. That was the cool part of Halo, and most of you who work here worked on the OF Halo’s and remember all the 12-14 year olds asking for recon and stuff. Like cmon 343. Kudos on making the game playable though. Still have a ways to go though.
Now that the update is out and relatively stable and the game comes to gamepass in a few days it would be cool if 343 started a contest of some sort for MCC. It could be about forge or something else, but I was kinda thinking of a community created and voted on list of achievements to be added to the game. Could use it to bring back some of the original achievements that may have not crossed over, or have achievements for Easter eggs that may have been missed, or just even others for doing crazy ridiculous things like a gears style seriously achievement for getting 10,000 br kills in multiplayer or something. Idk just a thought.
Game: All Titles

Issue: unable to save custom gametypes, which results in unresponsive game. Player can only view the roster for the game lobby, and access options & career and all other actions result in nothing. Only way to stop it is to quit out of the title from the xbox guide, or join other player in the roster if able.

Reproduction: create a custom gametype in the custom game lobby for any title, then save as with any name.
  • MCC Halo Game: Halo 3
  • Issue/Feedback: Some objects in forge sometimes are impossible to delete/edit, and when I pull up the menu to see how many of these objects are on the map, it shows that they do not exist (the ones I cannot edit). They are still tangible, thus I am stuck with them unable to delete them.
  • Repro steps: I hypothesize that the steps to recreate this glitch are making an object not spawn at start and then saving and quitting the game. I have not tested this, but every object this has happened to has been set to not spawn for 30 seconds.
- Thank you
Issue: I'm glad that 343 gave me the option to mess with the option to turn off the music for the main menu but could you please add a sound effect and music option for each game?
Xbox crashing bug.

Anytime I try to resume MCC after using another app my Xbox shuts down. I get the MCC splash screen, then just a black screen (sometimes with menu music) but as soon as I push any button (including guide button) my Xbox chimes and shuts off.

Edit: friends have had same issue.

I'm on an original Xbox one, retail disk.
I am grateful to see the updated UI, and added features, however with all these new cosmetic settings added, the lack of audio settings is still highly problematic.
While a music setting for the menu was added, there is no settings for audio in the games.

I have noticed the following for each game to be problematic:
  • Halo: CE- Audio is fine here, no need for changes.
  • Halo: CE Anniversary- Sound effects and music is too loud at times, and drowns out dialogue. There is also the rare glitch where the Remastered audio will switch into Classic mode and will not change after dying in Remastered graphics, a problem since launch.
  • Halo 2- A issue since original release is the overall audio is quiet, especially music and weapons.
  • Halo 2 Anniversary- The sound effects and music is way too loud and also drowns out dialogue
  • Halo 3/Halo 3: ODST- sound effects are far too quiet while the music and dialogue is too loud, another issue since original launch on Xbox 360.
  • Halo 4- Music and dialogue are quiet, sounds are loud.
I think it would be great to fine tune the sounds for each game or have the sounds balanced, as it is hard to enjoy each game when these settings aren't properly tuned.
It is shame they do not see or hear this by themselfs, do they not play there own game?
I'm not sure they notice it enough or not. It is really bad in all the games in some way or another besides Halo: CE Classic. Simply leveling out all the audio between the games or adding a universal audio setting would fix the whole issue. Some of these have been a problem since the classics but you'd think they would fix it in the MCC at a minimum when they added a menu volume setting.
So I’ve been flipping through all these pages and noticed 343 doesn’t respond to anyone. Kind of a bummer.

I would greatly appreciate additional spartan customization, I do not understand why it cannot be done as you guys completely reworked the UI and the menus. Or add more “custom” sets of armor for Halo 3-4, do something. That was the cool part of Halo, and most of you who work here worked on the OF Halo’s and remember all the 12-14 year olds asking for recon and stuff. Like cmon 343. Kudos on making the game playable though. Still have a ways to go though.
They have said customization would be considered but would probably be one of the last things featured in a final wave of updates if it does get added. We've got a lot of updates ahead of us still.
1)
  • Interface feedback
  • In the original Halo it was possibly to see how far into a game someone was. On MCC you can only see that people are playing for instance Foundry and their gamesession, but not how many kills the leading team got. This is not an important addition to MCC, but if you are waiting for someone it is nice to see how long there is until their game is finished.
2)
  • Every campaign
  • When you restart a campaign, and that is quite common if you are trying to beat a time, the competitive timer does not reset. You van still see hov you did in the previous attempt. I am not sure if this is intentional, but it is preferable if the time table is cleared when you restart.
3)

It is about time that theater got an upgrade. One of the essentials functionalities of theater in Halo 3 (which was released quite som time ago) was, that you could save films. The entire game, so you could rewatch it later, and even rewatch it from another players perspectives (you could do a glitch to get into first person). This was quite helpful if you for instance wanted to see a great play by someone in a game. Or if you wanted to show the game to your friends, with the ability to pause, see something from other directions etc. I was very disappointed that I could't do this in MCC. And recording it as a game clip is only a half decent solution. If I wanted to save a play through of a campaign mission it would only take up a minimal space in H3. But recording it as a clip would take up a lot of space.
this update is not good enough I need second alternate option postum or 343 developer team if you can read this message fix this, isn't the actually update and the ranking is still the same as K.D and all progress must reset so well the answer
343 Please give us full spartan customization. I hate this spartan armor set crap.
Quote:
Yng G Sweazy wrote: So I’ve been flipping through all these pages and noticed 343 doesn’t respond to anyone. Kind of a bummer.I would greatly appreciate additional spartan customization, I do not understand why it cannot be done as you guys completely reworked the UI and the menus. Or add more “custom” sets of armor for Halo 3-4, do something. That was the cool part of Halo, and most of you who work here worked on the OF Halo’s and remember all the 12-14 year olds asking for recon and stuff. Like cmon 343. Kudos on making the game playable though. Still have a ways to go though.
100% agree. I hate the lack of customization in the MCC. Also please add DLC armor for H4(I love ODST and Mark 5). It would be nice if we could unlock bonus armor for certain achievements or challenges. Maybe Mark 4 and Mark 5 in Halo 2A? I need something to work towards other than competitive ranks.
I think the hours played is still capped at 596 please fix this.
Halo 3
Playing Forge on Foundry

Noticed propane tanks will explode and fly around like normal, but the exploded tanks show no damage afterwards. They appear identical to the just spawned tanks. Before they changed to a burned blackened look.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9