Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

MCC Multiplayer Feedback – November 2019

OP snickerdoodle

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Welcome to the feedback thread for MULTIPLAYER.

• Campaign Feedback goes HERE
  • Misc/Other Feedback goes HERE
The purpose of this thread is if you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC Multiplayer. When posting, please include as much detail as possible to include:
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Make it possible that our highest achieved skill level shows on our in game profile. Some ranked playlists have previously gotten retired/removed and there has been nothing on our in game profiles to show for it. Keep the current playlists and current skill levels or do not retire/remove/reset any ranked playlist.
For some reason I can't play any of the multiplayer games on halo MCC Insider. I get an error message saying I was kicked for cheating. I did not/have not cheated nor is there any proof of this. Can anyone help?

My issue has been resolved
For some reason I can't play any of the multiplayer games on halo MCC Insider. I get an error message saying I was kicked for cheating. I did not/have not cheated nor is there any proof of this. Can anyone help?
I assume you're referring to PC?
If that's a problem not on the Known Issues List I suggest submitting a support ticket if you haven't already done so - that's the best way to get it to the devs' attention.
For future reference topics regarding PC flighting would be better suited to the Insider and MCC PC forums; this thread is exclusively for Xbox multiplayer feedback.
Hey I hope you don't mind if I copy this directly from my reddit post, I realised this might be a better place to post suggestions. Due to character limit I'm going to separate this into two sections: Custom games and Matchmaking. These are ideas for retroactive changes that could be made to the games within MCC. This suggestion is for the entirety of MCC.

Custom Games
Ok so, one problem I’ve found with the games is that their customisability is not consistent. Depending on which game, they have different options available and it can make it annoying, especially if you want to create the same custom game for each game, but don’t have the appropriate options in one of them. I think custom game options should be retroactively added to each game, to improve their customisability. Here’s four examples:

Example 1: Player primary and secondary weapons

Some games have problems with this. Most of the games allow you to individually change a player’s primary and secondary weapon on spawn. However, Halo: CE does not. This is annoying as for example, I cannot create a SWAT-type gamemode with magnums and shotguns, nor can I create one with randomised weapons because that’s not an option. It would be nice to retroactively add an ability to modify a player’s primary and secondary weapons on spawn for Halo: CE. I am aware that different maps start you with different weapons, but that could be rectified by adding a ‘Map Default’ weapon option.

Also, it would be nice to add some missing weapons to games that don’t have them. For example, halo 2 is missing the fuel rod and sentinel beams (I am aware they weren’t in multiplayer, but it’d be nice to add them to custom games), and halo 3 is missing some weapons like the carbine. Also, while Halo 4 does have a random weapons option, it is located somewhere else which is rather confusing. As a final note for this example, while I doubt it would happen, it’d be nice to have a submenu where you can customise which random weapons a player can spawn with if assigned the ‘random option’. For example, if you wanted a player to spawn with random power weapons only, and not have the chance of getting like a plasma pistol or assault rifle. I’ll mention something like this in the fourth example

Example 2: Infinite/Regenerating grenades.

Ok, so apparently Halo: CE had infinite grenade options. Some games like Halo 3 had regenerating grenade options. Some, like Reach, had neither. It would be neat to retroactively add both options to all games. Basically have an option that says ‘Infinite grenades’, which has options ‘No’, ‘Yes’, and ‘Regenerating’. Underneath could be a submenu that allows you to choose which grenades regenerate/are infinite (halo 4 could have an option to only have your selected loadout grenades regenerate). It would be also neat to add an infinity symbol for when you have infinite grenades.

Example 3: Bottomless clip

This is a short one, but essentially while I believe all games have infinite ammo options (if they don’t, it should be retroactively added), not all of them have bottomless clip options (i.e. no need to reload). It would be neat to have this added to all games, particularly halo 3, as they could prove useful for custom games. Also would be nice to add an infinity icon that replaces the ammo reserve number to the games that don’t already have it, to indicate that infinite ammo is turned on.

Example 4: More customisable weapon and vehicle spawns.

This suggestion isn’t actually present in any of the existing games, but I think it would be nice to add. Right now, when selecting what vehicles and weapons spawn in the map, you only get limited categories like ‘transport only’ or ‘snipers only’. These could still remain if you don't need to be more complex, but it would be nice to have a custom option, with a submenu that allows you to individually select whether each weapon/vehicle can spawn or not. For example, if you wanted to specifically turn the banshee off but allow falcons to spawn still. This would also be a good way to allow players to add the fuel rod cannon and sentinel beams to halo 2. This would also be useful for halo 3 and 4’s grenades as both games have more than two. And as mentioned in example 1, this could also be used for when you have players spawn with random weapons.
Here's the second part of the suggestions, this time for matchmaking. I really hope you at least consider the suggestion of allowing us to search for multiple teamsizes, it would really improve the experience.

Matchmaking

I’m going to have two suggestions for here, as opposed to examples.

Suggestion 1: Retroactively add all different team sizes for all games where applicable.

My most prominent example for this would be 2v2v2v2. This gamemode is super fun but is only available for 3 games iirc. It’s not even available in reach which sucks because it’s got the chaos of FFA but the fun of having a teammate. It’s especially fun to play with a friend. I’d love to play Reach, H2C and even maybe CE with it. The reason I say ‘where applicable’ is because, for example, 12p FFA probably wouldn’t make sense in CE due to lack of an infection mode (though you could have 12p FFA slayer since apparently a few games have that).

Suggestion 2: Allow us to queue for multiple team sizes and playlists.

This is something I’ve been wanting for ages. As an example: 343 often rotates out Infection because of low playercount. Do you know why it has low playercount? Because it’s limited to a 12p FFA playlist. This means players pretty much have to search for exclusively Infection, as well as the small chance of 12p FFA slayer, which is only available for a few games and is not everyone’s cup of tea.

Adding the ability to queue for multiple team counts would make gamemodes like Infection much easier to queue for as it would not be practically the only gamemode you’d be able to play. It would overall increase variety for players as well as increase the population of various teamsizes. If the matchmaker can be made to accommodate this, I think it would be a great choice. It could even allow 343 to add other teamsizes that would normally not get enough players, like 3v3v3, 4v4v4v4, and 6v6.

Also as mentioned, I said multiple playlists. I think it would be cool to be able to queue for both social, competitive and firefight at the same time. In particular so that players can queue for invasion while also queuing for other social gamemodes. If queuing for multiple team counts and playlists was made available for all of the current available teamsizes, I’d definitely be queueing for 2v2, 4v4, 8v8, 2v2v2v2, 8p FFA, 12p FFA and Invasion all at the same time for a majority of the time. Every so often I might add 1v1, Team Hardcore and/or Firefight to that list too.

Now, how would the UI for this work? My suggestion would be to change the menu so that instead of ‘Campaign’, ‘Multiplayer’ and ‘Firefight’ on the main menu, we have ‘Campaign’, ‘Custom Games’ and ‘Matchmaking’. ‘Custom Games’ would allow you to select a game and then set up a custom multiplayer game (or Firefight for Reach and hopefully ODST). ‘Matchmaking’ would bring up a screen with three tabs: ‘Social’, ‘Competitive’, and ‘Firefight’.

‘Social’ would have little checkable squares (like when choosing what modes to queue for), each with a visualisation of the mode (2 team modes would be half red and half blue, with player count on each team represented by that amount of spartan helmets, 4 team modes would be similar but with a quarter of each colour, and FFA would be a single spartan helmet with ‘FFA’ below it and playercount in the bottom left). These could be checked or unchecked to say whether you want to search for that team size, and selecting the box would allow you to select which gamemodes to search for under that team size (incase, for example, you only want to use 12p FFA for Infection but want to play Slayer in any of the other team sizes).

‘Competitive’ would allow you to check or uncheck different competitive playlists to search for when matchmaking. These would be searched alongside any team sizes listed under ‘Social’, and also whatever is selected under ‘Firefight’. Speaking of, the ‘Firefight’ tab would have a list of the different firefight modes similar to ‘Competitive’ (right now that’d just be Heroic Firefight and Arcade Firefight) and it would be matchmade alongside the other two.

EDIT: Apparently multi-team was in Halo: Reach, but with 3 players per team instead of 2. It would be real nice to just add multi-team to every game that had it, even if it wasn't 2v2v2v2 (e.g. halo 2 also had 3 players per team). Only CE would need this mode to be retroactively added, which would be fine.
I think Fiesta should be made into its own separate playlist like in halo 5. The UI could have each individual game mode with a checkbox like the current one but more expanded and elaborate. It would make it a lot easier because i don't usually want to play oddball and would much prefer something like husky raid.
every time I finish a game the game stops and a warning comes from the graphic engine I think, I have to restart the game, and sometimes I have to restart my computer to make it work I do not know if it happens only to me or there is already something known about the problem.
another problem is that sometimes showing the game statistics the emblems are shown very large.
DD1360 wrote:
every time I finish a game the game stops and a warning comes from the graphic engine I think, I have to restart the game, and sometimes I have to restart my computer to make it work I do not know if it happens only to me or there is already something known about the problem.
another problem is that sometimes showing the game statistics the emblems are shown very large.
I assume you're referring to the current PC flight for Reach?
Bug reports for that should be filed on the support site as per your email, but check the Known Issues List first.
This thread is exclusively for MCC Xbox feedback so reporting bugs here is unlikely to get the information where it needs to go.
I think Fiesta should be made into its own separate playlist like in halo 5. The UI could have each individual game mode with a checkbox like the current one but more expanded and elaborate. It would make it a lot easier because i don't usually want to play oddball and would much prefer something like husky raid.
Agreed! Fiesta is such a fun gamemode (to the point where it's the only version of slayer I play in custom games currently), and it's annoying to have it Action Sack exclusive. I'm sure a lot more people would select it if you could matchmake individually for it (some people really don't like a lot of Action Sack gamemodes).

I think Heavies should also be separate to Action Sack as well, maybe just made part of regular slayer matchmaking?
  • Why isn't Multi-Team being included with Reach? It was part of Reach on 360 from day one and was quite popular. It's unique and chaotic, making it a favorite for some people.
  • Has anything been said about the Anniversary maps from Reach being playable on Halo CE or as Anniversary Classic was on Reach? Multi-team and Anniversary Classic were my 2 favorite playlists. The anniversary remake maps have a better feel than the original ones, especially that purple map...whatever it was called.
  • Firefight needs custom loadouts like Halo 4's Spartan Ops. We shouldn't have to suicide in Arcadefight to get our weapons/ability the way we want.
  • Action Sack needs the modes from Reach (Speedflag, Boomball, Dino Blasters).
  • Why isn't Multi-Team being included with Reach? It was part of Reach on 360 from day one and was quite popular. It's unique and chaotic, making it a favorite for some people.
  • Has anything been said about the Anniversary maps from Reach being playable on Halo CE or as Anniversary Classic was on Reach? Multi-team and Anniversary Classic were my 2 favorite playlists. The anniversary remake maps have a better feel than the original ones, especially that purple map...whatever it was called.
  • Firefight needs custom loadouts like Halo 4's Spartan Ops. We shouldn't have to suicide in Arcadefight to get our weapons/ability the way we want.
  • Action Sack needs the modes from Reach (Speedflag, Boomball, Dino Blasters).
The normal versions of the anniversary maps will be playable apparently (one of them is in the flight).
I don't know if the variants with the original CE weapon/vehicle/powerup placements will be available though.
Also, yes multi-team should definitely be brought back. They should remove '2v2v2v2' from MCC and replace it with multi-team. Or just allow us to search for multiple team sizes like I suggested above.
Is the reticle a little sticky like on consoles? I feel like it is and I dislike it. If not, something's not quite right with the mouse movements, it still feels like I'm pushing a thumbstick around.
Not sure if it's because of the US east servers being used for the insider test, but the connection is very poor. Takes me back to the 360 days.
Xatty wrote:
Not sure if it's because of the US east servers being used for the insider test, but the connection is very poor. Takes me back to the 360 days.
Kill delays, rubber banding and teleportation at times. Big latency issue.
Xatty wrote:
I haven't had any connection issues on my end.
Xatty wrote:
Anyone else having trouble matchmaking on MCC PC?
You'd want to use this forum for flight concerns since this thread is for retail MCC on console.
Yeah the load times take ages.
Who else thinks reach is going to be epic
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4