Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - April 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 22
HazyHour wrote:
MCC HALO GAME:Halo 4

I can easily find games in H4 social and I'd like to play against players of my skill level more frequently.

The playlist should be Legendary BR setup and maybe some Team slayer, but definitively not Infinity slayer.

It should be a mix of slayer and objective, just like the others rankes playlists.

I know that some H4 forged maps are currently in the rotation, but we seen them rarely. I'd like to play on some good competitive maps like ONYX or OPUS more often.

Thank You
I would like this too. I liked the "legendary" settings and I hope to have those maps in too. I also like the "simplex" map, I think that is what it is called.
Please fix the H3 Lone Wolves Rank gap issue as described here:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/no-level-gap-max-in-competitive/29fd2ade-ad13-42bd-b0e5-335ab5a97493/posts?page=1

We thought unbalanced Ranks were addressed in 2018 but this is still a problem in Lone Wolves.
Hi!

I'm unable to join any matches. It's been like this for a few days. It won't join any playlist at all. I'm unsure on how to fix this? If somebody is able to please tell me what to do I will appreciate it so so so so much!!

Cheers!
This happened to me, and I had to reinstall the game. Not sure if it's the only fix, but it did the trick.
Okay thank you!!
I was super determined to play today so I jumped into Halo CE playlist and nothing, so I switched to any. From 1.30pm to 3.20pm I waited to join a match! How bloody crazy!!! Still better then not matching for the whole day ! :)
It already is. It's under the action sack gametype. I know, not the most obvious place for it. Hopefully, they can adjust the very short games in Halo 4 Heavies soon.
Thanks for the UI update 343!
iiBloxorz wrote:
Yeah, stuff like Heavies would be really cool to see back in BTB.

- It feels harder to connect to players to find games. Even when we know there are plenty of people searching.

- You guys added more information on the loading screen. Which is good. However, we still have no veto or vote still in ranked? There is nothing beneficial with that removed. Either decrease the objective weight or add a vote. Most H3 players would unanimously vote br’s over objective if given the option. Trust me.
Halo 3 - Hardcore

Not sure if you're aware yet but a lot of people are dash boarding when ever we get Construct KOTH, this seems be to the most common game type and map I have ever played in a playlist on any game. Ever. Please add in a veto system, which the whole community is rooting for.

Please also IP ban:

GT: dreddnark

He is starting games up and not playing deliberately
Lobby
  1. Backing out of the lobby just get stuck on loading
  2. Bring old lobby back so we can see nameplates and show spartan armor as well
  3. Bring map veto back or voting because I get the same maps got pit 3 times in a row the other day
Connection
  1. Shot and killed behind walls https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/iamnewlands/video/72795215
  2. Make EU players connect to only east US
  3. Hit registration is bad on high ping servers
  4. I get assassinated when I hit the player from the back https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/clueded/video/72793302
This issue is completely annoying; some players seem to have fun while getting out of the scenaries in Halo 2 Classic, but it only creates a dreadful experience for those who don't know the tricks, which actually don't stand a chance in maps like Sanctuary: one guy climbed up the waterfall and stood up there with the ball all game long. But the problem was even worse; the whole team suddenly started to get out of it and dropped the ball constantly to create an endless game because if we had quitted, we'd have been banned unfairly. So, people started to go AFK and as result the situation was completely awful.

First of all, I don't know how people can find this enjoyable. Despite the fact that you need to be somewhat "skilled" to break the barriers or to do a certain jump, that doesn't make it less of an unfair glitch abuse. Most of the time, casuals and even veterans ignore that, or try not to do it to create an honour match that's not filled with tricks and bugs that are really far away from the traditional and right gameplay. That should be undoubtely leaved for alone custom games meant for fun, but it must be banned in the matchmaking section.

Secondly, these kind of people usually join a party of 4 or more to make games laughable for them and awful for the enemies, which makes me think about adding a party count limit. For instance, if you search with 2, you must fidn another team of 2. Also, it's usually related to objective gametypes, such as One Flag games (where people hide somewhere out of the map and create an infinite sudden death) or One Bomb. However, the most problematical environments are the Oddball ones, where players just get out of the map and wait there endlessly.

Finally, I'd like to point out that this concrete problem is often related to high skill players, so the next balance update might leave that in the deepest sides of the game, which wouldn't be so much of an issue as the majority of the population has an average rank. However, if the search system is focused in experience rather than skill that'd probably be a potential issue.

Technical data:
- Most abused maps: Zanzibar (there's a jump near the camo), Sanctuary (happened today), Headlong (Banshee glitch), Terminal (With the train and an overshield) and Backwash. Doesn't seem to be present in closed maps.
- Most abused gametypes: Oddball, Non Multi Objective games. Happens sometimes in Slayer.
- Possible solutions (organized by worst to best):
* 1º: remove those maps from multiplayer (most radical way of finishing the issue, but also the most effective, as maps such as Ivory Tower require more complex tricks or certain vehicles not allowed in current matchmaking).
* 2º: fix the root of the issue. For example, remove the overshield in Terminal and the Banshee in Headlong. This one would affect gameplay heavily.
* 3º: place some kind of sensor that detects if someone has got out of a map, and kill him instantly and/or ban the guilty player. This is seen in Halo 3 scenaries, such as Sandtrap, where you get killed by the Guardians.
* 4º: improve those maps by adding more useful barriers.
* 5º: allow players to choose maps in the Match Composer so that they can skip those ones.
* 6º: add matching rules such as party restrictions.
* 7º: modify Halo 2:Anniversary to be more similar to the Original version (look at these suggestions: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/suggestions-and-improvements-for-h2a---discussion/34e740d8-0dcb-4c92-b03e-54cfa1f90247/posts?page=2#post38), and add forge remade maps so that people can play a fair and fixed experience of this game. As a brief summary: make dual-wielding great again, add the Spectre, buff vehicle health, add death and hit sounds, change the shield position, adjust crosshairs while in split-screen, remove grenade indicators and change some maps elements (teleporters, lifts...). This option would leave Halo 2 Classic as it is and also would make H2A more enjoyable.
Is the only FFA option Halo 3 competitive? I would like to see some of the social games include FFA like swat. Without infection for a few more weeks, the lack of FFA is not fun.
PUNK4ZZ wrote:
It already is. It's under the action sack gametype. I know, not the most obvious place for it. Hopefully, they can adjust the very short games in Halo 4 Heavies soon.
Thanks for the UI update 343!
iiBloxorz wrote:
Yeah, stuff like Heavies would be really cool to see back in BTB.

Oh, thanks for the info! I never get matches for BTB Action Sack, and its usually Fiesta anyway. Would like to see Heavies weighting increase.
Gameplay for Halo CE has been completely f------- ruined by this new update. Like wow... why would you do this to the game? Increase lag, make every game with players skipping around the map? Time to hang up the controller after 4 years of fun with this one.
I got connected to a game while visibly having the idling symbol next to my gamer tag. Just saying.
How about put flamethrower into Halo ce 4v4 mode?
question. for mcc is only the host able to see idling players? the other night i was in a custom games lobby n there were people idoling but i couldnt see who it was and the host was away so we knew it was him but when he got back there was another idle player and only he could see who it was. this should be changed so that all players can see idle players despite if theyre host or not. make it happen. done.
STOMPDOWN wrote:
- It feels harder to connect to players to find games. Even when we know there are plenty of people searching.

- You guys added more information on the loading screen. Which is good. However, we still have no veto or vote still in ranked? There is nothing beneficial with that removed. Either decrease the objective weight or add a vote. Most H3 players would unanimously vote br’s over objective if given the option. Trust me.
I completely disagree with you, I love objective games. There is not even a ranked playlist specifically for them anymore and you want to lower their weight too? Objective games are what make Halo great to me, I can just play slayer on TONS of shooters but objective games like assault and 1 flag CTF in Halo are the best things in video games. Slayer gets really boring for me and people I know when it is the only thing you get to play.
Playlist additions are great and wanted, but with so many new additions, populations in certain ones will suffer. The answer is to allow multiple sizes to be selected.

For example, as a lone player, I feel like playing 1v1, 2v2, 4v4, FFA, and 8v8. Well, if I'm only picking 2v2, I can't help out that 1v1 guy looking for a player, or the 8v8 game who desperately needs their last guy. Low population playlists are only low population because we have constrained people to pick one party size. It's too much division and does not allow for maximum overlap.

Personally I think it'd be awesome to be in a 1v1 and then randomly be thrown into 8v8s, 4v4s, etc. Gives me a ton of variety and I'd have to play for a long time before things got stale.

Also, please include the 8v8 mayhem CE playlist in the next update:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/introducing-a-new-8v8-playlist-mayhem-8v8-halo-ce/c521773e-7c43-4a87-a1c7-98743901ee45/posts?page=1
I really like this idea, sounds like a good way to help with lower player count. Hopefully they add PC cross platform play to help with player count to because EU seems to be hurting.

This post has been hidden.

This occurs mostly in Halo 3, so I’m not sure if it is in the other games. But the announcer is glitched. Whenever the enemy team is a certain time from winning; the announcer says xx seconds to win, despite that it’s really xx seconds to lose.
I can not find games in 2v2 MLG. From 2007 to 2018 radar 2v2 was popular and I could always find games from the halo 3 platform to the MCC platform.343 removed this. Now MLG 2v2 is dead from times throughout the day. (searching 8:00 AM-8:20AM) for 20 minutes. Bring 11 year OG 2v2 back to ranked!
-snip-
Even though we are on the complete opposite spectrum of the skill curve, I agree that this type of behavior can be toxic and benefits no one in the community. Although in Zanzibar, getting on top of camo tower isn't really game breaking, just pick up a precision weapon and shoot the player down. Regardless, we should be very thankful that higher level H2 players can't superbounce in matchmaking anymore.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 22