Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - April 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 22
A couple questions about skill matching:

1. did we all start from a fresh slate today and the system is just now starting to learn our skill levels? Or, is it using some prior data to do the skill matching? If it's using prior data, then I gotta say that I love how well it works. I just played my first match today, FFA slayer, and the skills were pretty even for the most part. If the system is just starting to learn our skills though, then this was just a fluke.

2. does the system calculate different skill levels for different Halo games? I can hold my own in CE. But, I'm nowhere near that same level in H2 or H3. So, if I play a ton of CE and the game thinks I'm at X skill level, and then I jump over to H2, will it put me against H2 players of X skill level as well, or are these tracked separately?
Willko wrote:

1. did we all start from a fresh slate today and the system is just now starting to learn our skill levels? Or, is it using some prior data to do the skill matching? If it's using prior data, then I gotta say that I love how well it works. I just played my first match today, FFA slayer, and the skills were pretty even for the most part. If the system is just starting to learn our skills though, then this was just a fluke.

2. does the system calculate different skill levels for different Halo games? I can hold my own in CE. But, I'm nowhere near that same level in H2 or H3. So, if I play a ton of CE and the game thinks I'm at X skill level, and then I jump over to H2, will it put me against H2 players of X skill level as well, or are these tracked separately?
Your rating is calculated per playlist. In the Social Games Match Composer, each game size is a separate playlist. You will be rated based on your performance across all content you play within a given playlist. These ratings have been tracked prior to today, but have not impacted matching in Social until now.
Willko wrote:

Your rating is calculated per playlist. In the Social Games Match Composer, each game size is a separate playlist. You will be rated based on your performance across all content you play within a given playlist. These ratings have been tracked prior to today, but have not impacted matching in Social until now.
So, just to make sure I'm understanding correctly, if I kick a ton of -Yoink- at 4v4 Halo CE, and then move over to 4v4 Halo 2, it will match me against other people who kicked a bunch of -Yoink-?

Also, I guess that means the evenly matched FFA game I played earlier was a fluke since that playlist is brand new.

Still, it's good to know that the skill levels have been getting tracked in the background prior to today.

Thanks for the response!
Something I noticed after getting on MCC today is that my Rank 50 in Lone Wolves (Which took a very long time to get over the past months) no longer shows on my Player Details page. I can understand playlists being rotated to make room for other playlists but when you have obtained a rank in a playlist I don't think it should be removed once the playlist is delisted. Like back in Halo 3 when the rare ranked double exp playlists came around people could achieve a 50 in those and it still counted overall.

Having ranks not stay put and the fact playlists can be removed at any point surely pushes people away from grinding out specific playlists. When there's a chance you could get on the next day and that playlist could be gone what's the point in putting in the hours? If there is a chance of removal maybe we should have weekly or bi weekly ranked playlists introduced to mix it up, Swat, Big Team, Infection etc. with a sign saying "limited until x date".

Overall I think more could be done to the "Player Details" page along with not completely getting rid of legacy ranks.

Just some thoughts, thanks for reading.
Probably the absolute #1 reason I stopped playing H5 a long time ago and went back to MCC was because the social playlists were weighted, essentially making it no different then ranked. I can't stand this. I commonly play casually but now that's impossible in MCC as well, just like it was in H5. I get home from work today looking forward to another casual MCC night of gameplay only to find that the terrible weighted social system from H5 is in MCC now too. I played a bunch of games tonight and every game was packed with kids who think it's their 50 game. It didn't take me long before I quit playing. After working all day I don't feel like going full sweat just to get 10 kills. Please change it back. If I want to play ranked, I'll play ranked. There's no where to relax and play anymore. Please leave social the way Halo has always been in the past, casual.
Probably the absolute #1 reason I stopped playing H5 a long time ago and went back to MCC was because the social playlists were weighted, essentially making it no different then ranked. I can't stand this. I commonly play casually but now that's impossible in MCC as well, just like it was in H5. I get home from work today looking forward to another casual MCC night of gameplay only to find that the terrible weighted social system from H5 is in MCC now too. I played a bunch of games tonight and every game was packed with kids who think it's their 50 game. It didn't take me long before I quit playing. After working all day I don't feel like going full sweat just to get 10 kills. Please change it back. If I want to play ranked, I'll play ranked. There's no where to relax and play anymore. Please leave social the way Halo has always been in the past, casual.
You must be good then if it's weighting you with great players in your matches. There is nothing wrong with wanting to play casual but matching with people that know what to do is always a good thing and makes the match more enjoyable. Looking forward to trying this out since I mostly play CE and have a high win and kd ratio so I'm welcome to getting matched against similar people.
Please increase the weighting for midship H2c ffa I’ve played about 20 games today and only played midship 1 time maybe 2
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
You must be good then if it's weighting you with great players in your matches. There is nothing wrong with wanting to play casual but matching with people that know what to do is always a good thing and makes the match more enjoyable. Looking forward to trying this out since I mostly play CE and have a high win and kd ratio so I'm welcome to getting matched against similar people.
I'm not nearly as good as I once was. I play casually now because work and life has gotten in the way of video games. I liked to kick back, relax, and remember the gold ol' days when I had some free time at night. Now I'm just getting destroyed. That's no fun at all. Plus, even if I was still good, I wouldn't always feel like having to try really hard against people around my level just in order to play decently. When you're not trying, you're not playing at the same level you would be playing if you were trying. Now the only option you have is to play sweaty or get destroyed. It's not fun. There's a time for trying (ranked) and there's a time to relax and play casual (social). Now there's just two ranked playlists and one just doesn't have a official rank number attached.
I play solo and I often get matched up against parties of 2 or 3 players when playing 4v4 games. This wouldn't be an issue if my team had partied up players as well. I'd like to see solo searchers matching solo searchers as a priority.
I played a halo 4 slayer ffa game on pit stop. The entire game everyone was only able to use one spawn under sword base. Since there was only one spawn avaliable for everyone in the game to use, we all kept spawning and immediately throwing nades at the ground to get kills before dying and respawning. 343 can you fix the spawns for this gametype?
I'm a little torn on this. On one hand, it was starting to get really boring winning 90% of matches if I had one other decent teammate. On the other hand, I get what you're saying, and I worry that when I queue with one of my friends that has really regressed skill-wise over the years, that we will now be playing people more my skill level, which means he's going to get destroyed just about every game.

Ultimately something like this needed to be done for social though. New players were never going to stick with halo if they're getting destroyed every match by people like me who have played for years.
STOMPDOWN wrote:
- It feels harder to connect to players to find games. Even when we know there are plenty of people searching.

- You guys added more information on the loading screen. Which is good. However, we still have no veto or vote still in ranked? There is nothing beneficial with that removed. Either decrease the objective weight or add a vote. Most H3 players would unanimously vote br’s over objective if given the option. Trust me.
I completely disagree with you, I love objective games. There is not even a ranked playlist specifically for them anymore and you want to lower their weight too? Objective games are what make Halo great to me, I can just play slayer on TONS of shooters but objective games like assault and 1 flag CTF in Halo are the best things in video games. Slayer gets really boring for me and people I know when it is the only thing you get to play.
I understand you love objective games. Nothing wrong with that. However, the vast majority don’t want obj and would prefer the vote back.

I know you object to the vote and thus well aware that no-one would pick obj if given the choice. Being forced to play obj is another reason populations are low. The History of slayer and obj playlist populations is crystal clear.
STOMPDOWN wrote:
STOMPDOWN wrote:
- It feels harder to connect to players to find games. Even when we know there are plenty of people searching.

- You guys added more information on the loading screen. Which is good. However, we still have no veto or vote still in ranked? There is nothing beneficial with that removed. Either decrease the objective weight or add a vote. Most H3 players would unanimously vote br’s over objective if given the option. Trust me.
I completely disagree with you, I love objective games. There is not even a ranked playlist specifically for them anymore and you want to lower their weight too? Objective games are what make Halo great to me, I can just play slayer on TONS of shooters but objective games like assault and 1 flag CTF in Halo are the best things in video games. Slayer gets really boring for me and people I know when it is the only thing you get to play.
I understand you love objective games. Nothing wrong with that. However, the vast majority don’t want obj and would prefer the vote back.

I know you object to the vote and thus well aware that no-one would pick obj if given the choice. Being forced to play obj is another reason populations are low. The History of slayer and obj playlist populations is crystal clear.
You are probably right that people wouldn't vote for objective games. It's disappointing to me that so many people want to just play nothing but slayer when I think this game is at it's best when there are a healthy mix of both slayer and objective. I think a lot of people may have never gotten to play high rank objective games, where everyone is actually trying to get the flag or defend it, not just pretending like it's slayer. When everyone is competent and trying to work together it can get so intense when a team has gotten the flag really far and you are trying to defend it long enough to return it, or when you are trying to sneak out the backdoor and jump in a warthog while carrying the flag.

Overwatch is a game that's basically only objective game modes and is insanely popular, somewhere along the way the Halo community seems to have let that slip away. Guess I'll just have to wait for the bigger player population on PC to get my fix.
So awesome that Rumble Pit made it into the match composer so we may choose our titles to play it in. Again, I love it as much as I love Multi-Team! Casually going around showering my opponents with duals is always fun, but little fun is it when you competitively inflict headshots all the time. Nevertheless, this is a huge deal for MCC!
Can we please have an option for the match composer in MCC to allow us to choose classic starts (AR and SMG) or Percision starts (BR and DMR). I haven’t had a game with Classic starts in months. In fact I haven’t had any since the The work on MCC kicked up a few months ago. I’m not asking for the removal of BR starts but rather giving the player the choice on which they want to have. It honestly frustrates me how every game I play is Percision starts. I’ve been playing this series since CE (for the people who will pop in here trying to say that CE had magnum starts that was only in slayer pro not classic slayer, classic slayer had a different starting weapon depending on the map) and I really do miss having games with the classic starts. I’ve seen multiple forms on here debating this which one should and shouldn’t be used and I’m honestly just here wondering why does it need to be one or the other. I prefer classic starts and I understand peoples reasons for liking Percision starts but that still doesn’t change the fact that I just get bored with Percision so fast. For me every game just drags on and feels exactly the same where classic starts still hold some of my favorite multiplayer memories from the series. Again I want to make it loud and clear I’m not asking to get rid of Percision starts but rather give players the choice on which they want to use before they go into a match through the composer. I feel as though precision starts and classic starts have their own play styles and are practically different game modes in the same way that snipers is a different game mode from swat.
I'm a little torn on this. On one hand, it was starting to get really boring winning 90% of matches if I had one other decent teammate. On the other hand, I get what you're saying, and I worry that when I queue with one of my friends that has really regressed skill-wise over the years, that we will now be playing people more my skill level, which means he's going to get destroyed just about every game.

Ultimately something like this needed to be done for social though. New players were never going to stick with halo if they're getting destroyed every match by people like me who have played for years.
Yeah, and if you look at my last response to someone else, I have a good k/d ratio from quite a while ago. Now due to work and life, I can't play as often anymore. So now if I want to play I'm getting absolutely destroyed and there's nothing I can do about it. I haven't bought a game in ages and MCC was my main game I play due to the memories I have with the older games. I'd play to wind down at the end of the day if I had time. Now I'm back to getting destroyed but this time not in H5, but the original series that I have had so much fun with in the past.

Yeah, and if you look at my last response to someone else, I have a good k/d ratio from quite a while ago. Now due to work and life, I can't play as often anymore. So now if I want to play I'm getting absolutely destroyed and there's nothing I can do about it. I haven't bought a game in ages and MCC was my main game I play due to the memories I have with the older games. I'd play to wind down at the end of the day if I had time. Now I'm back to getting destroyed but this time not in H5, but the original series that I have had so much fun with in the past.
The skill matching in Social has been live for a little over 24 hours now. It doesn't work the way it's worked in some other games, so I would give it a chance before writing it off completely. Incorporating some degree of skill-based matchmaking into Social doesn't mean you suddenly need to try harder or play better. You should try exactly as hard as you want to. You'll win some games and you'll lose others. If you lose a lot, your skill rating will decline and you'll start matching with easier players. Bear in mind that this also helps you find teammate (not just opponents) of similar skill. Also, if you're used to getting easy matches where you wipe the floor with the opposition, imagine how the players matching you feel; it isn't a good experience for them.

If you want to hop in a playlist where you're starting fresh to avoid being matched on how well you've performed in the past, try hopping into the new social Rumble Pit preset in Match Composer. You can start from a clean slate there and the game will try to match you with others in the same boat.

Anyway, hope you can give it a chance and maybe have your outlook on it change a bit.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The lighting glares off a certain forerunner arm and ends up redirecting the light directly into your line of sight. So it masks anyone who is standing open floor of construct. MLG or vanilla. OG H3 never had this issue because the lighting was not changed like the new remaster.
  • REPRO STEPS: Load up MLG construct and try to shoot someone open floor from bottom gold, good luck trying to see them
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: https://twitter.com/Zee_Naught/status/1119086159307526146
Here's a gyazo gif showing an example from the twitter link: https://i.gyazo.com/1f767b00431698b533eae6f9fae95414.mp4

And here's OG halo 3 for reference: https://i.gyazo.com/0b31288530119f4148f1faf341eca6a8.jpg

Also here's the actual clip : https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/jb-neckzilla/video/73268649#t=16

the glare is nonexistant in OG H3. This is a competitive map and gametype and I think it should probably be fixed to avoid any future issues.
implement server preferences
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 22