Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - April 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. 19
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. ...
  9. 22
sry wrong thread
Game: CE, 2C, 2A, and 4 in the custom match composer, 4v4 slayer only
Issue: Console (Xbox One S) completely shut off randomly (not sleeping, shut off to the point where the green Xbox boot screen showed up when I turned it back on)
Repro steps: Completed a match of one of the above games, waited for matchmaking to restart, found a match, and before I got to the loading screen, the console shut off
Additional Info: Not sure if this is a problem with my console or the game but figured I'd post it here just in case. If it's just my console then I apologize for an unrelated post.
Tak Tikkz wrote:
giafra wrote:
"MCC is unplayable for EU and AUS players"
343, be sure to write this statement 1000 times at least in your offices' blackboards before releasing another update full of messed up functionalities and "fixes" that the community did not even ask (such as removing radars from team snipers or randomly changing the rules of the gametypes and so on) and focus instead on a new network protocol. The game is unplayable outside of US. Broken hit registration, nades that appear 2+ seconds after the throw animation, kills behind walls, trade beatdowns not happening, melees not registering, opponent shields that won't go down no matter the weapon (.....)
We don't want an explanation of how the server's choice work, we want a fix.
Team Hardcore H3 is currently UNPLAYABLE for non-US users, all the problems mentioned above always lead to matches full of anger, cursings, and screams by us Europeans. Since the new loading screen I can now tell that I get matched 99% of the time to "East US 2", to which I ping 120. This even if 3/4 of the lobby is from EU too. I am European and the only way to get connected to a EU server is by searching in Doubles MLG on Saturday afternoon. I have NEVER ever played a Team Hardcore game on a EU server. I can't win with all those disadvantages due to the connection and the server choice, in Team Hardcore it's just impossible to counteract connection with skill, because the amount of skill needed is too high since we're playing amongst the best H3 players. Ask yourselves why the majority of the EU players is forced to write in the clan tag the nation where it belongs and its ping to the US server. The amount of frustration due to this server system absurdingly exceeds the one I used to accumulate when I played the original H3 when matched to Mexican hosts back in the day.
BR is broken, hits do not register. I started to even get tremendous bloodshots even with the sniper.
Everyone has been asking the same 2 things: erase and rewrite a better netcode or just give us the chance to choose the server preference in the menu. Hardcore playlists are unplayable. Social too, even if with skill I am able to counteract the gap, it still feels so frustrating to see the shots not being registered. I've had enough with this mess of a game. Just for once, listen to us and read the multiple posts on the thread: FIX THE NETCODE, ffs.
Couldn't have put it any better myself. I'm from Australia and play H3 regularly and it's ridiculous the amount you get put into US west server even with multiple Australians in the game. Playing on 180ms is a big difference in game like halo where every shot counts. Basically every single game I play consist of shots not registering and a lot of blood shots with the sniper rifle. Although if Americans played on the connection we do and we have that connection advantage they're likely to just quit. To be fair though it is slightly better then the original Halo 3 playing against Americans. As you stated they should have a setting to search for a certain server or region considering the original H3 had a 'Good connection' search setting why remove that option in MCC? Its almost as if 343 just ignore other county's pleas being just like "well it doesn't effect us so..."
I second this as well. I'm from the EU, and usually can't even find a ranked match during the day. If I do, it's always on the east US 2 server, but I lose either because of lag and/or teammates. (Strangely I played a while back with a group of americans and kept connecting to West Us server, and this connection was al lot better while it has a higher ping for me). Currently I'm not a 50, while I used to be before the big update last year. I even got better, but it's just undoable. Here I am, grinding the social playlist, frustrating the enemy team because I usually rack up 20+ kills per game.

If only there was a way to get me out of the social lobby, and play people just as good as me, so I won't annoy the casual gamer...
The Big Team Crazy King matches for Halo CE are a little long and drawn out to a lot of people. Most of the games come down to spawn killing, quiting, and/or grenade spamming while nobody pushes the hill. Personally, I think that five minutes worth of hill time is a bit much, and I think that three minutes would be much more manageable. Most of the time I see people quit out because it's taking so long. Hopefully this will be insightful to any staff and players that read this.
For the love of all that is good in this world GET RID OF AR STARTS IN H3 SOCIAL

And while you're at it, the frequency of SWATnums is WAYYYYYYYYY too high in H3 SWAT

If you're going to start banning for dodging on the loading screen, get rid of, or at least drastically reduce the frequency of these garbage gametypes

I would rather get banned and go play another game for 15 minutes than play AR starts in Halo 3, and SWATnums is OK once in a while but not when it's like 25% of games.
JessHawk36 wrote:
KingyBRFC wrote:
Add tanks to btb maps. Thnx
I imagine balancing is the primary concern of adding tanks to maps. I would like to see them add tanks and Banshees to Halo 1 Btb as well, I think they'd work well in Slayer as there's no stationary places to defend and there's more likeliness of random spawns. As for objective modes perhaps adding them for a month to gather feedback would be a good place to start or perhaps as a heavy variant. For your post are you referring to any specific games? There are tanks on Halo 2 and 3 maps currently though mostly Wraith tanks on Halo 2 from what I've seen.
Add the action sack gametype on BTB and you will play Heavies.
JessHawk36 wrote:
Halo 4 currently has an issue where certain sounds stop working. IE, footsteps, shooting (some sounds are still present while shooting, such as the turret spinning and bullets hitting the ground), armor abilities, and ordinance drops.
Do you have any recorded clips or saved films of this issue occurring?
1. Please don't post multiple times in a row, you can quote multiple people in one post.

2. My guess is Krispy is referring to Pitfall/Sword room.
Will do ^_^
Issue: Console (Xbox One S) completely shut off randomly (not sleeping, shut off to the point where the green Xbox boot screen showed up when I turned it back on)
Repro steps: Completed a match of one of the above games, waited for matchmaking to restart, found a match, and before I got to the loading screen, the console shut off
Additional Info: Not sure if this is a problem with my console or the game but figured I'd post it here just in case. If it's just my console then I apologize for an unrelated post.
I also had this occur once, I have an original Xbox One. It's only ever happened to me once though and hasn't happened since.
Every time I start MCC my Xbox stalls out and I have to restart my Xbox just to play. If I restart my Xbox from the go, I don’t have issues. But I shouldn’t have to restart every time I want to play. Also delta halo level still freezes and shuts down my Xbox. I have to do a hard shut down or unplug my Xbox.
Another reminder to 343 that this update has ruined all gun registration and movement in CE since there has been no response to user feedback on the issue.

I’m West coast and I get thrown in south central US and East US all the time because apparently no one plays on the west coast except me. Playing those games are completely useless now. Not sure how one makes a game worse with an update but.
I agree that they should implement better play compatibility https://youtu.be/-Y51jRvmesY
BRING BACK MULTI TEAM!
Can we please remove infinity settings for H4 social? It's not fun at all when most of the other team is running around with Saws and overshields.

This was literally one of the reasons H4 died back in the day!
the skill pairing they implemented is wrong, that makes the game not fun and you get frustrated when playing, please correct that as this can damage the game experience and that each game you look like you are playing a world championship, for that is the competitive mode the multiplayer should not be like that.
this not feels like social anymore... I'm not everyday in the mood for back to back action gameplay, when I do I play ranked. Please turn it off. Thanks.
Would love to see some ranked H3 Swat...
Another reminder to 343 that this update has ruined all gun registration and movement in CE since there has been no response to user feedback on the issue.

I’m West coast and I get thrown in south central US and East US all the time because apparently no one plays on the west coast except me. Playing those games are completely useless now. Not sure how one makes a game worse with an update but.
What do you mean "gun registration and movement" is ruined?
GsG91990 wrote:
the skill pairing they implemented is wrong, that makes the game not fun and you get frustrated when playing, please correct that as this can damage the game experience and that each game you look like you are playing a world championship, for that is the competitive mode the multiplayer should not be like that.
this not feels like social anymore... I'm not everyday in the mood for back to back action gameplay, when I do I play ranked. Please turn it off. Thanks.
The more you play the more you will play other players who are playing in similar ways as yourself. So if you're running into challenging players now they should become more equal in the future creating more exciting and close games that require less effort from yourself.
How often do 343 check this site? I've had three bans today and can't play until tomorrow now. I was disconnected every game despite perfect Internet. I'm in the UK. Is there a support email I can use?
deactivate the motion sensor in all game modes please and add a system so that when one player leaves the game another player can enter and improve the team match, this is very unbalanced and unfair in most of the games
Online coop on Halo CE needs to have better online connectivity,
JessHawk36 wrote:

GsG91990 wrote:
The more you play the more you will play other players who are playing in similar ways as yourself. So if you're running into challenging players now they should become more equal in the future creating more exciting and close games that require less effort from yourself.
the question is that there is already a mode and that is the competitive mode, the normal multiplayer mode should be something to have fun something that does not happen right now because it matches you with players of the same level or directly to you having some skill puts you in the team with inexperienced players and most of the games you lose them. If you want to find challenges and players of your same level then you enter the competitive mode since that is what this mode is for and for players who want to have fun, they enter normal multiplayer mode which is now unbalanced.
JessHawk36 wrote:

GsG91990 wrote:
the question is that there is already a mode and that is the competitive mode, the normal multiplayer mode should be something to have fun something that does not happen right now because it matches you with players of the same level or directly to you having some skill puts you in the team with inexperienced players and most of the games you lose them. If you want to find challenges and players of your same level then you enter the competitive mode since that is what this mode is for and for players who want to have fun, they enter normal multiplayer mode which is now unbalanced.
I haven't played a whole lot since the change, but my experience hasn't changed that drastically. Games seem a little closer than before, but generally it's a blowout one way or the other, usually one person on either team that is far better than anyone else carrying the rest. it's nowhere near as competitive as the ranked games.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. 19
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. ...
  9. 22