Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - April 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 22
BIGBIRD956 wrote:
What happened to Halo CE???? This update is horrible! Is this temporary? Or? Gameplay feels really weird. Doesn’t feel like halo ce anymore. Please tell me this is temporary 🙏
What specifically are you talking about?
Change Halo 1 Team Slayer score limit back to 50, everyone prefers it and it’s how halo 1 was originally played.
For CE, please remove weighting for the original xbox BTB maps. PC ones need a chance as it seems like they're almost always excluded. Some more suggestions for additions to the game:
  • fiesta slayer, KOTH, and CTF (customs and in action sack)
  • specific starting weapons option in customs
  • [all games]: option to leave your lobby open to anyone on Xbox, not just friends. I host custom online game nights and it gets really annoying when people can't just look up my gamertag and join me from there
  • Add the max number of vehicles in BTB for all maps and game modes
  • Change snipers game mode to pistols only
  • Add option to toggle classic/anniversay sound effects
  • Bottomless clip option
  • Skulls in custom games (like in H2)
  • Gravity adjuster
I know this seems like a fairly long list but I beg 343 to do at least some of these. They don't require much programming either.
JRyza wrote:
Change Halo 1 Team Slayer score limit back to 50, everyone prefers it and it’s how halo 1 was originally played.
Agreed
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
If half your team quits you will not be penalized for quitting. Since the introduction of quit penalties quitting is down by 50 percent. Blame the quitters that started the quit penalties not the developer.
Please change the HCE kill limit back down to 50. As well as bring back the Infection playlist. Also still waiting on more FFA options, specifically H2c. 343 seems to be ignoring all of the things people are asking for to give us things not a single person asked for. What?
Placing Us Australians in US West servers and it’s beyond unplayable to with all this lag in every Halo Multiplayer match
Brandabs wrote:
Please change the HCE kill limit back down to 50. As well as bring back the Infection playlist. Also still waiting on more FFA options, specifically H2c. 343 seems to be ignoring all of the things people are asking for to give us things not a single person asked for. What?
Yes! Ranked ffa lone wolf Halo 2 please!
Hi Postums! This is a glitch that exclusively affects the Yappening playlist (screenshots linked for reference).
This isn't a huge problem, especially if a player uses plasma weapons, but the UNSC weapon ammo is a little more difficult to keep track of while the bug is present.
Please add a in game volume slider. The game is ridiculously loud with no way of changing the volume. Please fix!
Ranked SWAT playlist please
Postums wrote:
eLantern wrote:
Super excited about the 60hz tick rate! But, wondering if it has or hasn't been added to Combat Evolved? I ask because I saw mention of it within the title breakdowns for H2C, H2A, H3, & H4, but not H1.

Anyways, thanks for the awesome news!
60hz has not been added to MCC due to technical limitations of the network model built specifically for HCE and also due to the "tick rate" of how HCE runs in MCC. The games it applies to all share a similar network model which is why the blanket change has been adapted to those titles.
Thanks for the information.

This makes me curious as to whether there are any future goal plans to rework CE’s network model so that it doesn’t have the technical limitations preventing it from having a 60hz tick rate?

EDIT:
stckrboy wrote:
IXI FalcoN wrote:
Is this upgrade not coming to Halo CE? If not then why?
CE's networking model is completely different from the later games. The games mentioned in the update all work the same or fairly similarly, so that work was able to be done much easier. CE requires a different solution and also has some other restrictions. Paraphrased form the weekly social stream from today. Duck did mention "right now" in this clip, so it's possible that it is being worked on: https://neatclip.com/clip/nerldzoe6
I initially missed this response from stckerboy toward FalcoN, but it sounds like it might be a future goal plan that's currently in the works. Is that true?
Include the Scarab Skull for Halo 2 classic multiplayer!
The real question is will I be able to find a competitive match tonight after work or go back to h5 again. I love both the MCC and H5 so will H5 get something like this?
There's a graphical glitch on H2C Coagulation. In the caves with water in them, if you stand near one of the cave walls and look at the water such that the water and the wall are next to each other, the refraction visualization in the water will blend the cave wall into it, making it look like the cave wall is part of the water on the floor.

Hard to explain but it's easy to reproduce if you walk around the edge of the water in the cave and stay close to the walls as you approach the water. It's as if the logic that calculates the water refraction is using a 2D image of the player's screen rather than a 3D model of the space, because it doesn't realize that the wall is vertical and in front of the water on the ground.
iissmarter wrote:
There's a graphical glitch on H2C Coagulation. In the caves with water in them, if you stand near one of the cave walls and look at the water such that the water and the wall are next to each other, the refraction visualization in the water will blend the cave wall into it, making it look like the cave wall is part of the water on the floor.

Hard to explain but it's easy to reproduce if you walk around the edge of the water in the cave and stay close to the walls as you approach the water. It's as if the logic that calculates the water refraction is using a 2D image of the player's screen rather than a 3D model of the space, because it doesn't realize that the wall is vertical and in front of the water on the ground.
Can you link an image?
H3 multiplayer stats are not being tracked properly after this update. Sometimes it tracks properly in game and sometimes it doesn’t.
Halo 3 general multiplayer, Queuing with friends and randomly when loading into games it doesn't load for me and eventually kicks me out, never the same map / gametype, I've seen it happen to some other players, My network connection is fine, NAT type Open, no packet loss.

Seen it happen with the new loading screen that tells you what server you're connecting to, both times today seen it only happen when connect to a East US 2 server, which isn't ideal since I'm in the UK, but heyho, hopefully this is something fixable or just bad luck on my side.
Halo 3 general multiplayer, Queuing with friends and randomly when loading into games it doesn't load for me and eventually kicks me out, never the same map / gametype, I've seen it happen to some other players, My network connection is fine, NAT type Open, no packet loss.

Seen it happen with the new loading screen that tells you what server you're connecting to, both times today seen it only happen when connect to a East US 2 server, which isn't ideal since I'm in the UK, but heyho, hopefully this is something fixable or just bad luck on my side.
This is another thing that needs to be fixed it’s happened to me and friends I play with when we search from time to time and everything is great on our end connection wise. This is why a lot of game start a 3v4 a lot, it’s on 343s end
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 22