Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - April 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. 21
  7. ...
  8. 22
JessHawk36 wrote:
Another reminder to 343 that this update has ruined all gun registration and movement in CE since there has been no response to user feedback on the issue.

I’m West coast and I get thrown in south central US and East US all the time because apparently no one plays on the west coast except me. Playing those games are completely useless now. Not sure how one makes a game worse with an update but.
What do you mean "gun registration and movement" is ruined?
GsG91990 wrote:
the skill pairing they implemented is wrong, that makes the game not fun and you get frustrated when playing, please correct that as this can damage the game experience and that each game you look like you are playing a world championship, for that is the competitive mode the multiplayer should not be like that.
this not feels like social anymore... I'm not everyday in the mood for back to back action gameplay, when I do I play ranked. Please turn it off. Thanks.
The more you play the more you will play other players who are playing in similar ways as yourself. So if you're running into challenging players now they should become more equal in the future creating more exciting and close games that require less effort from yourself.
the question is that there is already a mode and that is the competitive mode, the normal multiplayer mode should be something to have fun something that does not happen right now because it matches you with players of the same level or directly to you having some skill puts you in the team with inexperienced players and most of the games you lose them. If you want to find challenges and players of your same level then you enter the competitive mode since that is what this mode is for and for players who want to have fun, they enter normal multiplayer mode which is now unbalanced.
I haven't played a whole lot since the change, but my experience hasn't changed that drastically. Games seem a little closer than before, but generally it's a blowout one way or the other, usually one person on either team that is far better than anyone else carrying the rest. it's nowhere near as competitive as the ranked games.
JessHawk36 wrote:
Another reminder to 343 that this update has ruined all gun registration and movement in CE since there has been no response to user feedback on the issue.

I’m West coast and I get thrown in south central US and East US all the time because apparently no one plays on the west coast except me. Playing those games are completely useless now. Not sure how one makes a game worse with an update but.
GsG91990 wrote:
the skill pairing they implemented is wrong, that makes the game not fun and you get frustrated when playing, please correct that as this can damage the game experience and that each game you look like you are playing a world championship, for that is the competitive mode the multiplayer should not be like that.
this not feels like social anymore... I'm not everyday in the mood for back to back action gameplay, when I do I play ranked. Please turn it off. Thanks.
The more you play the more you will play other players who are playing in similar ways as yourself. So if you're running into challenging players now they should become more equal in the future creating more exciting and close games that require less effort from yourself.
the question is that there is already a mode and that is the competitive mode, the normal multiplayer mode should be something to have fun something that does not happen right now because it matches you with players of the same level or directly to you having some skill puts you in the team with inexperienced players and most of the games you lose them. If you want to find challenges and players of your same level then you enter the competitive mode since that is what this mode is for and for players who want to have fun, they enter normal multiplayer mode which is now unbalanced.
I haven't played a whole lot since the change, but my experience hasn't changed that drastically. Games seem a little closer than before, but generally it's a blowout one way or the other, usually one person on either team that is far better than anyone else carrying the rest. it's nowhere near as competitive as the ranked games.
you're right, but in my case when I win 1 or 2 games in the following you notice that the game pairs me with players with low skill or directly puts me with players who stand and do nothing and in some if you notice that matches you with players of your same ability or better. It is as if it was programmed so that when you win x number of games in the following matches you with low level players. The truth is I do not know if this happens to other players or is only to me.
HALO 4 on MCC matchmaking needs SETTLER map.
Was having a hard time playing a race match in Rumble Pit. Some players didn't race and they were actively trying to knock racers off the track. There isn't a time limit so I can see this becoming a serious problem if the trolls git gud.
JessHawk36 wrote:

GsG91990 wrote:
The way that movement works and bullets react has changed. If you point your gun at an opponent and think you've locked on, you don't. bullets now whiz behind where you pointed and fired while opponents slip ahead, seemingly as if there is now a newly introduced delay. If playing outside your region it gets exponentially worse, but even in my region it's different than has been for years. it's never been perfect, as in exactly the same as CE on original Xbox but it was decent and reasonable.

Now it's straight up garbage. Nothing like the original game and that may not matter to noobs who didn't play it religiously because they aren't familiar with the fluidity of the original. Halo sequels have all lacked the same fluidity and feel. This update has made MCC CE more like the sequels.

But why?
Please overhaul the infection playlist. Get rid of any gametype that gives the zombies shields. Zombies aren’t supposed to have shields, pretty much ever. Creeping Death in particular just isn’t any fun. While you’re at it, add some community forge maps to it as well.
eLantern wrote:
Super excited about the 60hz tick rate! But, wondering if it has or hasn't been added to Combat Evolved? I ask because I saw mention of it within the title breakdowns for H2C, H2A, H3, & H4, but not H1.

Anyways, thanks for the awesome news!
I'm not at all excited for their "60hz" tick rate, because 60hz is sub par when it comes to competitive gaming and devs keep copping out, by trying to save money on low end servers with garbage latency. The competitive Counter strike community uses 128 tick servers for a reason. In fact MOST professional CS:GO players will not play on Less than 128 tick servers because of how terrible 64 tick servers feel. All I'm saying is, when it comes to competitive FPS' those milliseconds MATTER, and always have. Other dev teams have made this mistake, Blizzard started their blockbuster fps' "overwatch" on 30 tick servers, only to have to UP them TWICE because of community disappointment. I understand that the competitive FPS community on PC is very hardcore and go to great lengths to improve their game play. which includes buying extremely beefed up rigs that most other players cannot afford, however, we should at least be given the OPTION to play optimally. because we see 144-240 frames worth of data, where the average gamer is seeing between 40 and 60, which runs well with the 60hz servers, because the information very closely resembles each other, but when you have as MASSIVE of a difference between 240 frames, and a 60hz server everything starts to fall apart and crumble, and its discouraging, disappointing and heartbreaking.
JRyza wrote:
Please add the “hell jumper” controller scheme from halo 5 into MCC
I agree!!!!
H2c and H3 still have broken melee's.
Can confirm on H3 social slayer and h3 hardcore game types that melee's or assassinations don't always register. Probably the only feedback issue that iv'e encountered.
Shadowrend wrote:
Please overhaul the infection playlist. Get rid of any gametype that gives the zombies shields. Zombies aren’t supposed to have shields, pretty much ever. Creeping Death in particular just isn’t any fun. While you’re at it, add some community forge maps to it as well.
Agreed - when the zombies have shields (particularly in H3) the zombies have too much of an advantage.

Humans should be able to get at least a couple of kills before they are infected. That's what people find fun, and why there are several rounds - so everyone gets a decent turn at scoring some kills.

Braaaains is the most popular gametype, but only seems to come up about 20% of the time - please think about increasing this!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Placing Us Australians in US West servers and it’s beyond unplayable to with all this lag in every Halo Multiplayer match
Im with this mate here!
Welp Halo is halo badass n cool!
I started playing halo when team slayer wasn’t even an option yet. Is there any hope at all if getting H2 slayer with smg start instead of the BR. It’s so frustrating that’s it’s not even in the rotation
I cant weait to try it, keep up the good work!
Ever since the April update (might even been like this from late march), my game freezes upon starting it. This is what I do:
1. Quit the build.
2. Start a fresh build.
3. Press start to get to main menu.
4. Multiplayer > Competitive/Ranked
As soon as I hit "A" on Competitive/Ranked the entire build freezes for 20-30 seconds, and after that it all works just fine. It only happens when the game has been just started.
Don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this but I haven't heard anyone mention it, so i thought I'd bring it up.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. 21
  7. ...
  8. 22