Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - April 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 19
  4. 20
  5. 21
  6. ...
  7. 22
Ok, why the hell is Dreamhack FFA with radars, 8 players and sticky nades? Makes it close devoid of skill, especially when I have to deal with -Yoink- US host every -Yoinking!- game so I can't stick anything, while others are easily able to dominate me. I just don't understand why these decisions were made as it really ruins the experience and lowers the skill gap as there are too many people on the map so you get -Yoink- spawns every time which isn't helped by the inclusion of radars.
Shadowrend wrote:
Please overhaul the infection playlist. Get rid of any gametype that gives the zombies shields. Zombies aren’t supposed to have shields, pretty much ever. Creeping Death in particular just isn’t any fun. While you’re at it, add some community forge maps to it as well.
Agreed - when the zombies have shields (particularly in H3) the zombies have too much of an advantage.

Humans should be able to get at least a couple of kills before they are infected. That's what people find fun, and why there are several rounds - so everyone gets a decent turn at scoring some kills.

Braaaains is the most popular gametype, but only seems to come up about 20% of the time - please think about increasing this!
So true! I think it should be entirely possible for some humans to survive an entire round without being infected. Currently that almost never happens because the zombies are just too powerful. A single headshot really should be enough.
yes they should input a zombies mode into halo like call of duty does yes or no
Anyone know if Halo 2 SWAT magnums is a thing again?
The respawn system feels off. I have had many game where I get spawned right next to several enemies. Sometimes those enemies are respawning as well.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
What is the point in having european servers if its hardly ever chosen in ranked play. I dont even exaggerate if i would say 99% of all the games I play in H3 Arena is on a US server, and it doesnt matter if the majority of players are from Europe. It’s always US servers and 130+ ms. Dedicated servers has really made the experience worse, atleast for me and I think I speak for alot of european players.
It is a shame because finally this game is getting the support it deserves with great updates and patches.
Alasel wrote:
What is the point in having european servers if its hardly ever chosen in ranked play. I dont even exaggerate if i would say 99% of all the games I play in H3 Arena is on a US server, and it doesnt matter if the majority of players are from Europe. It’s always US servers and 130+ ms. Dedicated servers has really made the experience worse, atleast for me and I think I speak for alot of european players.
It is a shame because finally this game is getting the support it deserves with great updates and patches.
Certain regions of the u.s. are also getting connected to the wrong servers. I’m on the west and I get connected to central or east 8 out of 10
matches. What’s frustrating is that they are issuing fixes to other things or adding things to playlists when most are experiencing terrible ping. Guess I gotta move to the east hahahahahahahaaahhaahahahahaaa
Cool game
Spoiler:
Show
The last 10 h3 btb games I've only gotten Sandbox maps, Sandtrap, or Standoff. I'm so -Yoinking!- sick of all of these trash maps, I'm dashboarding this -Yoink- until I get a new -Yoinking!- map. Why is it so hard to get a balanced assortment of maps?
The last 10 h3 btb games I've only gotten Sandbox maps, Sandtrap, or Standoff. I'm so -Yoinking!- sick of all of these trash maps, I'm dashboarding this -Yoink- until I get a new -Yoinking!- map. Why is it so hard to get a balanced assortment of maps?
Lol I can relate, I've only seen those maps as well. I think it's based on popularity though, and previously when voting was a thing these maps usually got the most votes.
2 things:

1) I don't wanna always be connected to an east US Server. I get it, most people in regards to the MCC Population are from america, but even when more european players are in the lobby we always get connected to an US Server.

2) Just had a weird bug in CE. I started a 4vs4 round, but for some reason I had 4 teammates and the enemy team had just 3 people right from the start. (So it was a 5vs3 match, haven't had this bug for ages now)

Other than that, there are some improvements here and there, but I hope that the Server Problem gets fixed (if the population is given) and the hit ditection in CE feels off from times to times.
Skill matching based on overall individual performance has been a great improvement; teams are rarely unbalanced now as everyone is fighting similar enemies. The algorythm is clearly better as it puts alike people in both teams, rather than the old one techniques, that would put you in a completely skillful team against a new players one. Even though people can no longer destroy the enemies without any actual issue, in my opinion that's fortunately gone as those enemies couldn't have any fun and found it rather dissapointing and frustrating (which hugely affects population). In addition, if you're getting matched unproperly, you can always lose some matches to adjust your skill.

However, I would like to point out that, while the above issue has been solved, servers are still unconsistently chosen resulting in annoying connection problems for those who don't live in the USA. It'd be fine if the datacenter selection was made optional.

Also, I was wondering how does the skill based matchmaking work when searching as a party; does it find players calculating the average level? Or does it take the host one? That's usually a problem as my friends often struggle to get kills, yet teams are really close in general.
Skill matching based on overall individual performance has been a great improvement; teams are rarely unbalanced now as everyone is fighting similar enemies. The algorythm is clearly better as it puts alike people in both teams, rather than the old one techniques, that would put you in a completely skillful team against a new players one. Even though people can no longer destroy the enemies without any actual issue, in my opinion that's fortunately gone as those enemies couldn't have any fun and found it rather dissapointing and frustrating (which hugely affects population). In addition, if you're getting matched unproperly, you can always lose some matches to adjust your skill.

However, I would like to point out that, while the above issue has been solved, servers are still unconsistently chosen resulting in annoying connection problems for those who don't live in the USA. It'd be fine if the datacenter selection was made optional.

Also, I was wondering how does the skill based matchmaking work when searching as a party; does it find players calculating the average level? Or does it take the host one? That's usually a problem as my friends often struggle to get kills, yet teams are really close in general.
the matching algorithm is fine but it needs to be improved, almost every time I enter to play the game the first 2 games balances well the teams and usually I win them but in the following games it becomes a suffering because it always puts me with low level players or the typical ones who stand or leave the game and in the other team puts all the good ones and thus begins the cycle of winning 1 or 2 games and losing the following ones. As for the players who leave the game should implement a system that allows other players to join the game to balance the teams and is not unfair to that team to go at a disadvantage and also for those who remain quiet throughout the game, to serve and enter new ones, I think it would be an excellent improvement to the game.
Ok, why the hell is Dreamhack FFA with radars, 8 players and sticky nades? Makes it close devoid of skill, especially when I have to deal with -Yoink- US host every -Yoinking!- game so I can't stick anything, while others are easily able to dominate me. I just don't understand why these decisions were made as it really ruins the experience and lowers the skill gap as there are too many people on the map so you get -Yoink- spawns every time which isn't helped by the inclusion of radars.
8 players has been the standard for competitive FFA, ever since MLG tournaments for CE and H2. Now starting with sticky nades is a H3 thing, never knew why they did that instead of frags like how we do in Midship FFA.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
THANK YOU 343

The skill based matchmaking changes are a game changer for me. I’m only interested in CE, mainly 4v4. It used to almost always be a lopsided -Yoink- show but now matches are much more competitive.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 19
  4. 20
  5. 21
  6. ...
  7. 22