Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - April 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 22
Stats are still not tracking for me in game.....or on the site. I mostly play halo 3 team ranked halo 3 doubles ranked and halo 2/3 social team slayer.
Can we get a UI rework for the multiplayer map loading screen? The gamertag nameplates look super tacky and the timelimit/score is massive. Do we really need a BR icon at the top? Personally I think overall the loading screen looks too busy now. Gametype name and server details were great additions though!
yapp yapp nameplates are still not unlocking like cmon hurry up i wanna unlock them already and in h2c sometimes u spawn with no crosshairs on ur weapons. also it says u can unlock 1 of the 2 said nameplayes by playing 7 games of 4v4 in yappyapps playlist or 7 games in 8v8? but u cant choose yappyapps playlist when 8v8 is slected so how do we unlock the nameplates for 8v8? and hurry up about it i wanna get my 250 headshots nameplate and my 7 games of yappyapps playlist already. hurry tf up and make them unlockable already. and h3 still lags worse than ever. the changes u made sound good but did nothing. i like the new loading screens. know why? because my lowest ping is 52 ms on west US server and when i load into games i am loading into east US servers with a 93 ms ping to the east US. ugh. im gonna buy a net duma router and block all traffic that isnt inside my country. like cmon this is pathetic. how about some geo mapping. put players on servers with the lowest ping relevant to their location. like cmonnnnnn.... get WITH IT! done.
Kurtimus wrote:
I just logged into my account and I have access to both of the Yap yap nameplates, perhaps its still filtering across to those who unlocked it? Be patient and you should get it soon.
To those who felt Halo 3 was "off" due to its spotty hitbox, what do you think of the new update?
Because I've just finished playing a bunch of games, and I have to say that H3 has never felt so good as it did right now. I could finally hold my own with the BR and win 1v1 duels: I even managed to kill people across the map, which was bordeline impossible to do before. Seriously, everything felt right, like if I was playing locally.
This was the exact experience I was hoping for when Dan Ayoub promised dedicated servers back at E3 five years ago: I always felt MCC never delivered on that promise, even with the latest updates. Sure, the matchmaking is fast now, and almost every bug has been fixed, but the moment to moment gameplay when playing H3 online has never felt right to me, even if I was playing on dedicated server (I'm from Italy). Until tonight.
I'm really hoping this wasn't just a one-off lucky streak of games, because if it is thanks to the new refresh rate of the servers, then this update is a sorely needed game changer! :D

Also, the new loading screens are lovely!
how has there not been a "join match that's in progress" system implemented yet? I think it would help those teams out that have their teammates leave mid match, for whatever reason, and it would/(should) also alleviate the harshness of the (in my opinion) absurd banning mechanic that's in the game. I'm not saying that it would outright get rid of the banning system (I still think that it should ban you for X amount of time in accordance with the quantity of times you quit mid game passed say 3 times [that 3 times are your warnings, so to speak]) I just think that for a game that has a lot of people playing it would be able to fill those empty spots while still having the ability to create new matches in the mean time.
Kurtimus wrote:
yapp yapp nameplates are still not unlocking like cmon hurry up i wanna unlock them already
Unlocks are handled in batches, if you've met the criteria already then you'll be in one of the next waves of unlocks.
Kurtimus wrote:
put players on servers with the lowest ping relevant to their location
This, as far as I know, is how it's been working for a while now
I know halo 4 is very divisive within this community but some fans really do appreciate the game especially when played with the legendary Slayer game type that fixes a lot of issues people have with halo 4 multiplayer.It's very strange halo 4 doesn't have a single dedicated playlist. A legendary Slayer playlist would be a perfect way to have a dedicated way to play Halo 4 at its best.
Oh my. Are you kidding me 343? Why would you enable grunt birthday party? I'm currently AFK in a H2C SWAT game to get on here and say please take this off. It is maddening and does not make me want to play at all. I would understand if it were just one day on April fools, but why you'd enable this full time I'll never know. P l e a s e remove grunt birthday party from matchmaking. This whole YapYap thing is nonsense, and is about as forced as can be. 343 has been doing pretty well and a lot of this update was a great improvement, but some of the recent decisions have been a thumbs down from me.
Hi!
thanks for such a incredible work!!
My comment is about registration in the game, i mean the bullets seem to do nothing whereas I got killed so easily, how could it be possible? And now with the new loading screen I know that’s due to central servers or south servers, the reg is pretty bad I’m in Canada and those servers should be fixed.
I love this game but that annoys me a lot.
GAME HALO 2 classic
thanks btw
I just want to say that I've been enjoying the hell out of TMCC for the past several months. Aside from getting pitted against full teams late at night in HCE social slayer, the experience has rekindled all those nostalgic feelings. Thank you! Also, I wish people loved HCE matchmaking as much as I do. I still feel it puts everything else to shame. Can't wait for Reach to be added too. Halo is storming back in a massive way. I have a feeling E3 is going to be nuts.

EDIT: one complaint though. what did increasing the slayer games to 75 kills achieve? No one that i know of has an issue with quick games. In fact, that is one thing that I love about HCE. 75 kills is too long and if you do get quitters on the other team, the full team is forced to not quit and find a solo person to kill 75 times to finish the game. For something that was never requested, it is a strange change to make to HCE slayer. Please revert back to 50 kills. A 75 kill limit is not going to make the playlist stronger or encourage more people to keep playing. It's going to have the opposite effect and fast.
NatchBox wrote:
I know halo 4 is very divisive within this community but some fans really do appreciate the game especially when played with the legendary Slayer game type that fixes a lot of issues people have with halo 4 multiplayer.It's very strange halo 4 doesn't have a single dedicated playlist. A legendary Slayer playlist would be a perfect way to have a dedicated way to play Halo 4 at its best.
I support this. I like halo 4 but can't tolerate the obnoxious abilities. Every time i die and see that the other person was using promethean vision i die a little inside. What a horribly dumb addition to the game. If Halo 4 had a legendary slayer playlist i'd gladly jump in from time to time.
NatchBox wrote:
I support this. I like halo 4 but can't tolerate the obnoxious abilities. Every time i die and see that the other person was using promethean vision i die a little inside. What a horribly dumb addition to the game. If Halo 4 had a legendary slayer playlist i'd gladly jump in from time to time.
Thanks for the response! So many fans seem to completely dismiss halo 4, but despite it's controversial design decisions it was still a very polished shooter with a very competent multiplayer element. It might not be everyone's favorite but the whole point of this collection is to play these games in their best possible way. Legendary Slayer playlist will definitely allow halo 4 to shine the brightest it can (since a lot of the devisive elements are removed) to incoming fans on PC and I and many of my friends would frequent the playlist and I'm sure we can't be the only ones.
Kurtimus wrote:
yapp yapp nameplates are still not unlocking like cmon hurry up i wanna unlock them already and in h2c sometimes u spawn with no crosshairs on ur weapons. also it says u can unlock 1 of the 2 said nameplayes by playing 7 games of 4v4 in yappyapps playlist or 7 games in 8v8? but u cant choose yappyapps playlist when 8v8 is slected so how do we unlock the nameplates for 8v8? and hurry up about it i wanna get my 250 headshots nameplate and my 7 games of yappyapps playlist already. hurry tf up and make them unlockable already. and h3 still lags worse than ever. the changes u made sound good but did nothing. i like the new loading screens. know why? because my lowest ping is 52 ms on west US server and when i load into games i am loading into east US servers with a 93 ms ping to the east US. ugh. im gonna buy a net duma router and block all traffic that isnt inside my country. like cmon this is pathetic. how about some geo mapping. put players on servers with the lowest ping relevant to their location. like cmonnnnnn.... get WITH IT! done.
In reference to the lack of crosshairs, one of the H2C Yappening gametypes features the 'Malfunction' skull, which will, at random, turn off one key function of your HUD. This includes your radar, your health/shield bar, your ammo count, your weapon icon, and your crosshairs. Be sure that what you speak of isn't simply a normal function of the gametype you're playing.
Brandabs wrote:
Oh my. Are you kidding me 343? Why would you enable grunt birthday party? I'm currently AFK in a H2C SWAT game to get on here and say please take this off. It is maddening and does not make me want to play at all. I would understand if it were just one day on April fools, but why you'd enable this full time I'll never know. P l e a s e remove grunt birthday party from matchmaking. This whole YapYap thing is nonsense, and is about as forced as can be. 343 has been doing pretty well and a lot of this update was a great improvement, but some of the recent decisions have been a thumbs down from me.
The Grunt Birthday Party deaths are only during the event which will end on the 24th. If you find this displeasing, then perhaps you should just either tough through it if you wish to play so badly or play another game type until the event is over? This event is not new; perhaps to MCC it is, but this event was on Halo Wars 2 last year and I'm sorry you don't like it, but it's just a fun little thing the developers wanted to do.

A lot of players often criticize developers for not doing enough or any little fun events and they can't please everyone, but perhaps instead of complaining about something that does not really make the game unplayable, you can just enjoy a little fun content while it's around? If you can't find any enjoyment in it, if even a little, then I'm sorry that is the case. Regardless, you can't just tell a developer to NOT make content or that they can't change things up a little for some fun, and this isn't something that's going to be around forever.
For any developers that may see this: there seems to be a bit of an issue with selecting the 8v8 Yappening playlist. My friend and I went to jump into it last night, and from what he described it as was he tried to select 8v8 but it wouldn't let him and would reset the playlist and pick 4v4 instead.
I just want to say that I've been enjoying the hell out of TMCC for the past several months. Aside from getting pitted against full teams late at night in HCE social slayer, the experience has rekindled all those nostalgic feelings. Thank you! Also, I wish people loved HCE matchmaking as much as I do. I still feel it puts everything else to shame. Can't wait for Reach to be added too. Halo is storming back in a massive way. I have a feeling E3 is going to be nuts.

EDIT: one complaint though. what did increasing the slayer games to 75 kills achieve? No one that i know of has an issue with quick games. In fact, that is one thing that I love about HCE. 75 kills is too long and if you do get quitters on the other team, the full team is forced to not quit and find a solo person to kill 75 times to finish the game. For something that was never requested, it is a strange change to make to HCE slayer. Please revert back to 50 kills. A 75 kill limit is not going to make the playlist stronger or encourage more people to keep playing. It's going to have the opposite effect and fast.
Quitter's shouldn't dictate a kill limit, I could theoretically say 50 kills is to much for any of the game's if half the team quits out early on in the match or in BTB 100 kills is to much across Halo CE, 2 and 3 if half the team quits out as well.
I'm really keen on the new loading screen; that feature was necessary. It could see an UI rework (in terms of tidyness and words size/font) to make it a bit more pleasant to the sight, but overall it's quite good.

On the other hand, I'd like to request adding the map Elongation into the 2v2 Composer hopper;
Even if it isn't properly competitive for some people, remember that we're not talking about Hardcore nor Ranked, but instead about Social, whose main purpose is offering variety and fun gametypes, but if it's not suitable for Slayer, at least add it into the Flag&Bomb playlist, where strategies are important, and boxes and/or jumps provide that kind of experience. I thought this because the current maps list is very limited and the size of this scenary makes it meant to be played here. A Slayer / Slayer BR toggle option is also elementary in 4v4, as many people have requested before.

In addition, I'd like to point out that there's still plenty of connection issues; it seems that 7/10 games hit detection and gameplay are extremely inconsistent and unfair due to the servers problems in Europe. I'd suggest to add an option to manually choose your nearest server, or at least include a ping rule that can be enabled optionally.

Finally, I wanna state that the situation balance hasn't improved at all; games are completely random and one-sided, and moreover, people quitting games and being AFK are still actual facts. So, to finish this problem there are two ways: either include a hidden rank into Social or mix Competitive with the Composer in a new way (which would also decrease the population issues). And a Join In Progress feature is a must nowadays, bans have improved but not removed the issues.

Thank you for continue improving MCC.
For any developers that may see this: there seems to be a bit of an issue with selecting the 8v8 Yappening playlist. My friend and I went to jump into it last night, and from what he described it as was he tried to select 8v8 but it wouldn't let him and would reset the playlist and pick 4v4 instead.
Please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
Yeah okay I signed up for the Halo Insider the minute it was announced i’m confirmed in the halo insider program where are the confirmation emails for the MCC halo insider program? where are the emails that are supposed to come in for the Halo Insider I have haven't got one yet and hurry up and get reach to MCC on Xbox also the yappening nameplates STILL ARENT UNLOCKING ITS BEEN 2 days get with IT! and in h2c sometimes weapon crosshairs aren't showing up. fix that too. nowww. done.

PS two more things good job on the new loading screens I love seeing which server I’m connecting to keep the loading screens like that seriously and another thing good job on the idle display ZZZ’z. i love it! now we can finally tell whos idle when playing with people without mics. don’t ever change those 2 things. good job n i like the relay in matchmaking too. keep doing things like I've just mentioned. u people are making mcc what it should’ve been from the start a dream and ur adding in these extras is just making it better. finally! kudos to all of u 343!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 22